GilmoreGirls.org Forum
October 18, 2021, 03:28:45 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  
Author Topic: 4.06 - An Affair to Remember  (Read 49719 times)
G.G
Diner Owner

Community Points: 73

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2006, 12:05:31 pm »

i thought it was so cute from jason to ask lorelai out while she's arguing with him........and the funniest thing is when rory pays that guy 10 bucks to let her study under that tree

Stars-n-Moons
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 14

Seven Super Seasons!

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2006, 05:29:46 am »

This was a really cute episode.  I loved how Lorelai was being so scarcastic in a flirtly way.  Kinda cute.  Rory bothered me in this episoed.  She was very whiny.  I mean come on, you are in college now and you are seriously going to through a fit because someone "stole your study tree."  I am usually a Rory fan, but grow-up!

[color=FF0071]If it had to end, I am at least glad it ended with people wanting more... help keep the memories alive![/color]
Carmicone
Town Resident

Community Points: 7

Usagi-chan ~*I Love Gilmore Girls*~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: December 10, 2006, 07:03:22 pm »

I loved that episode, I just saw it again, it has a lot of funny quotes! Here's one of my favorites:

*Kirk standing in the middle of the diner*
LUKE: What do you want, Kirk?
KIRK: Say I was Tom Cruise, where would you sit me?
LUKE On an acting class

LOL, I laughes so hard with that one, gotta love Luke Cheesy

"Love is a desire for that lost half of ourselves"
[/b]

*Random pretty sticks, aaah, to give and receive...*
Dani257
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 242

I post. Deal with it.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 10, 2006, 08:10:54 pm »

This was a really cute episode.  I loved how Lorelai was being so scarcastic in a flirtly way.  Kinda cute.  Rory bothered me in this episoed.  She was very whiny.  I mean come on, you are in college now and you are seriously going to through a fit because someone "stole your study tree."  I am usually a Rory fan, but grow-up!

Yes, this was one of the dumbest Rory plots ever.  Her reason for not studying in the library was ludicrous, and weren't there any other trees, if a tree was that important?  This was during my "I can't stand Rory" phase, so I was glad Lorelai gave her a well deserved smack down.

A bit leaner, but still chock full of demonic glory.  (Still pro Logan)
100% supportive of Alexis Bledel

http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/8624/angela_tircuit.html
Aimmers514
Town Resident

Community Points: 12

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 13, 2006, 08:26:17 pm »

Yes, I really didnt like how Jason had to have the brilliant to do the Altantic City trip instead of the cocktail party.  That just wasnt right!

I did enjoy the banter between Lorelai and Jason tho...This is one of the first times since Max that I thought she found someone as her equal.

And interesting about the Umlauts thing....thanks for sharing! Smiley

dancin_heather
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

<a href=http://www.glitter-graphics.com title='Mys

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: March 08, 2007, 03:59:05 pm »

I love it when Lor gets upset and when Rory and Sukie are complaining she tells them both off! that whole scene is great.

~Heather~
Mike_54
Town Resident

Community Points: 28

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 23, 2007, 05:26:23 pm »

I did enjoy the banter between Lorelai and Jason tho...This is one of the first times since Max that I thought she found someone as her equal.

One if my all-time favorite moments:

JASON: Because your mother would hate it.

LORELAI: Yes, my mother would hate it. A lot. You suck.

The look on her face when she says "a lot" is PRICELESS! I mean the first time I saw that it was BRLCFH time.

...but, hey, that's me!
Mike
thevoid99
Diner Regular

Community Points: 19

Shame on our dirty little hearts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: February 20, 2008, 05:12:52 pm »

This episode rocked!

Paris fighting with Jamie on the phone.  Rory can't find a place to study... until the study tree that she finds and loves.  Loses it briefly to a Trucker-magazine guy where eventually, she paid him $20. 

Kirk is boss.  I liked his moments with Luke.  "Where would you sit Tom Cruise?"  "In an acting class".  Classic line.  Kirk and Lulu.  Makes sense and the fact is that she likes him.  Freaks him out a bit and even Luke is like "WTF?" that someone likes Kirk. 

Poor Emily... she worked so hard to get a party planned with help from Lorelei and Sookie.  I feel sorry for her.  This is what she does and is good at it.  I'm glad Lorelei stuck up for her against Digger.  Sure, Digger is kind of a douche but very conniving on how he played with Umlauts...  Grin

Overall, fantastic episode.  I'm highly anticipating the episode Gilmore Girls Gone Wild!
suziebee
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2008, 08:47:30 pm »

I have to say that I hated the study tree plot.  For goodness sake, they are in Connecticut.  Do you know how long she can be outside studying under that tree?  Until some time in October, maybe November.  Where is she going to study then, or is she going to sit on a heated blanket with a parka on?  I am just now watching this series for the first time, so maybe the study tree will go away when it gets cold out.
starshells
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 7

I'm Glad He Didn't Smoke It

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2008, 09:54:54 am »

JASON: Because your mother would hate it.

LORELAI: Yes, my mother would hate it... A lot... You suck.

Grin

This episode was really funny.

except for, COME ON RORY! There are other trees! i've always loved rory because she was pretty, funny and SENSIBLE (not to mention waaaaay smart!), so the whole tree thing didn't work for me.

^ sig by gilmorefriend
<33 Literati Fan~ Java Junkies Forever! <33
gg crazy
Diner Chef

Community Points: 4

:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2008, 07:22:45 am »

I loved that episode, I just saw it again, it has a lot of funny quotes! Here's one of my favorites:

*Kirk standing in the middle of the diner*
LUKE: What do you want, Kirk?
KIRK: Say I was Tom Cruise, where would you sit me?
LUKE On an acting class

LOL, I laughes so hard with that one, gotta love Luke Cheesy

Ha ha ha i loved that 2!!!

Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 23, 2009, 07:21:26 pm »

I forgot how cute Lulu is in this episode. And, I forgot that she was Kirk's brother's ex. How quickly we forget I guess. I think it's so cute when they are sitting in Luke's diner talking and laughing together. It's good that Kirk found someone who appreciates his personality and character. Smiley

I found myself really noticing how Lorelai jumps on Emily when she's upset about something without letting Emily give reasons why or defending her choice. And Emily doesn't even have to give reasons why she did or said or feels something. I just noticed that when Emily comes to tell Lorelai that the party is canceled, Lorelai immediately jumps to the conclusion that Emily is trying to hurt her or is out to get her or something negative toward her. That's not the case at all this time. Their relationship has to be one of the most extensive and complex relationship in the show, I love analyzing it when I watch episodes, I find more and more depth to it all the time. I wish Lorelai could see passed her past and get over some of the hurt she feels her mother has invoked in her. I don't know that she's always right in her accusations and judgment of Emily. Sure, Emily can be as Lorelai describes her or feels she is - but not as often as Lorelai makes you think. She doesn't have that terrible of a mother or didn't have that terrible of a childhood I don't think. I think a lot of how she felt about her childhood may have been due to what she did herself.

I just found myself realizing or focusing more on that this time through the episode. It's not always that Emily is against Lorelai and so often she can't see passed that or think otherwise. I think that's something that I'll continue to watch for in future episodes. I knew it was there before but now have really noticed it.

It's hard to watch this episode with Jason and Richard signing their agreement to join forces and then to know what lies ahead for Jason - whether deserved or not.

I feel for Rory and finding a quiet place to study though I think that she could have found somewhere at Yale to study that was quiet, she had so many other demands about the space she was to use to study that there wasn't anywhere she felt good enough. I find it hard to believe that there wouldn't be anywhere else on campus that others would want peace and quiet to study in too.

A good episode but not one of my all time favorites. It's got some good scenes in it as they all do. Still really enjoy season 4.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2009, 07:24:34 pm by Sooks » Logged

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
lessa
Diner Chef

Community Points: 286

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 23, 2009, 11:02:30 pm »

Getcher screencaps! Better late than never!

lessa
Diner Chef

Community Points: 286

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 24, 2009, 04:27:22 pm »

Yeah, why are Lorelai and Emily at each other like that? I mean, Lorelai resented the demands Emily placed on her servants for special occasions, but she thought it was sweet when Kirk did the same thing to Luke. And Emily openly resented Lorelai hiding her catering business when Lorelai knew that Emily would have been a great source of income, referrals, and advice, but she had almost nothing to say when Richard and Jason dismissed her contribution to their business plans. On the one hand, it seems like they're being completely unfair to one another, but on the other hand, maybe it's good they can react honestly to one another in ways they hide from everyone else.

Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2009, 07:37:07 pm »

but on the other hand, maybe it's good they can react honestly to one another in ways they hide from everyone else.
Very good point, lessa! I really like that - well put! And thanks for the screen caps...that's awesome! Smiley

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
Pages: 1 [2] 3
  Print  

Jump to: