GilmoreGirls.org Forum
June 18, 2021, 07:59:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: 4.11 - In the Clamor and the Clangor  (Read 29151 times)
TheHumanCoffeePot
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 58

Full-on Poltergeist voice: I'm baaaaaack.

View Profile WWW
« on: October 16, 2005, 07:05:46 pm »

Summary: Lorelai (Lauren Graham) is upset to discover that Luke (Scott Patterson) has gotten an apartment with Nicole (Tricia O'Kelley) in Litchfield, but when it becomes clear that he is reluctant to actually move, Lorelai admits to him that she doesn't want him to leave Stars Hollow. Rory (Alexis Bledel) keeps running into William (Peter Klausner), the guy who turned her down when she suggested they go out, and she is humiliated when she hears he has been spreading stories about her obsession with him. Meanwhile, when Lane (Keiko Agena) sneaks out of the house to play a gig with her band, Mrs. Kim (Emily Kuroda) finally discovers her daughter's double life and kicks her out of the house.

...JavaJunkie above all else...Noddie...Foodie...Logan-Loather...closet Literati...Lauren fan...
dancer1012
Town Elder

Community Points: 528

I'm in LOVE with Edward Cullen <3

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2005, 04:37:46 pm »

I like this episode. I really like the part when Lorelai comes into the diner and starts flipping out when she finds out that Luke got an apartment with Nicole, and that he had moved out of Stars Hallow. I thought it was so sweet that Lorelai told Luke that she did't want him to move out of Stars Hollow even though he keeps insisting that nothing has changed, because he still sees her everyday and fixs her food and provides her with the coffee. It may just be me but it seems like the part were she started to go on about how she thought that she and Luke were friends but because he hadn't told her that he moved they weren't friends, of course is such a lie because every body knows that they go through their little fights but they can't stay away from each other. I also love the part about the fruit basket, and how if she sent one to him upstairs how he would never get it. That some funny stuff, funny stuff.

*~*Mary*~*
Darling & I + ebay=dying of laughter
<3 In love..
tv_lindy
Town Resident

Community Points: 59

"Would you just stand still?"

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2005, 09:39:31 pm »

Just watched this one again!  It is so sweet to hear Lorelai in the church telling Luke she doesn't want him to move... I think she surprises herself at her reactions to Luke's renewed relationship with Nicole. 
...and Luke is finally in a relationship, blinding him to the fact that Lorelai, whom he has been pining for, may actually be opening up to a relationship with him...
« Last Edit: December 25, 2005, 09:42:26 pm by tv_lindy » Logged

"When a woman gives birth to a crack baby, you do not buy her a puppy!" - Emily Gilmore

All hail the brilliant Amy Sherman-Palladino...  Don't leave us!  Come back, Amy!  Come back! 
Give Lauren Graham an Emmy!
pickynikki91
Town Resident

Community Points: 12

i <3 Tuesdays

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2006, 04:00:22 pm »

i loved how luke and lorelai ruined the bells. it was so funny.

Eire
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2006, 05:43:23 pm »

Did it bother anyone else that Luke had a new red toolbox in this episode that wasn't Bert ? What happened to Bert ??
MissV327
Inn Owner

Community Points: 147

~*~ Katy ~*~ aka Peachy Keen

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2006, 10:08:58 am »

I remember Bert! Yeah- what happened to him? I don't know. I thought it was so funny when the preacher guy came in and saw that Luke and Lorelai were about to break the bells and all he said was "carry on." CLASSIC Gilmore Girls moment there. But what was up with Lorelai's white fedora like hat? I didn't particularly like that fashion moment...

I think this is one of the few moments where Lorelai actually comes close to admitting she has feelings for Luke. So sweet.

"You silly little pickle! You silly little peas!" - Veggie Tales (Those sweet geniuses!)

"Let your heart guide you. It whispers...so listen carefully."
The Land Before Time

W.W.P.O.D. ?
GilmoreFan623

Community Points: 23

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2006, 01:30:43 pm »

LOVED this eposide! Thought it was really, really, funny how the preacher caught them about to break the bells and he just says "carry on" LOL, sooooooo funny! Also thought it was cute when Lorelia got so so so close to admiting that she has feelings for Luke!!

I <33 Gilmore Girls!!

Hi, im Allie!
Gilmorefan xx
Diner Regular

Community Points: 61

Tuesday-No GG? I'm sorry, I can't comprehend that

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2006, 07:10:55 pm »

Lorelai: What, they lock the door to a church, are they serious? What if I need to do something holy?
Luke: Like commit vandalism?

hehe!

Luke: You joined a gym?
Lorelai: Yeah.
Luke: When?
Lorelai: After I had Rory, to lose the pregnancy weight.
Luke: Did you go?
Lorelai: God, no. I was way too fat. [ unlocks the door] Ah, praise be to Him and all the little lambs that frolic the earth with their frankincense and myrrh and -
Luke: Would you get inside?
Lorelai: Okay.

Great Episode!!

August 6th! 
Byder
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 114

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2006, 05:43:14 am »

Lol, good old bert! Smiley This was a power episode interms of Lanes life. Finally she's free of Mrs. Kim! Things can only get better for her, although the double life, Mrs. Kim thing was cool

Thanks to QweenB and MasBYUgal for the Awesome Sig!
IM me! Anytime!
'Ditto'
the girls4ever
Town Selectman

Community Points: 727

He's Dazzling

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2006, 08:47:58 am »

i loveee this episode!!! everyone liked the bells at 1st because of stan but it didn't take long for the town to get annoyed. the best part was with Lorelai, Luke, and the reverend:

LORELAI: Because I don't want you to move.

LUKE: Why? Why don't you want me to move?

[Lorelai stares at him for a second, but a door opens behind them and Lorelai and Luke lower their heads guiltily. Reverend Skinner walks in.]

REVEREND: Lorelai? Luke? [Sees the tools.] Oh, thank God! Carry on.

-Laura-

Twilight
70% Headliner 30% Literati, Java Junkie always
Brenda is my partner in crime~Love to the Sprees & Lits
G.G
Diner Owner

Community Points: 73

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2006, 07:46:08 am »

i was so glad  Grin to see that luke didnt actually move.and i dont get why rory thought that william was talking about her.i mean she's not tha onlygirl in yale.

Stars-n-Moons

Community Points: 14

Seven Super Seasons!

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2006, 09:41:52 am »

Overall this was a really good episode. The Rory and Williman part was funny.  There are like thousands and thousands of girls at Yale and Rory automatically assumes that it is her.  That was kinda inmature. 

The bell part was great though.
REVEREND: Lorelai? Luke? [Sees the tools.] Oh, thank God! Carry on.
  That was classic.  I loved that part.

Poor Lorelai, I felt really bad for her when she found out that Luke "moved" and found out that Jason took another woman to the event that Richard and Emily were at.  They should have just told Richard and Emily because it would have been easier for everyone.  Emily would have been thrilled that Loerlai was dating someone from "her hood" (Lorelai's qoute).  I mean I love Lorelai, but she does go out of her way to try to ageravate Emily.  If she was straight up and honest, she could have avoided all of this.

[color=FF0071]If it had to end, I am at least glad it ended with people wanting more... help keep the memories alive![/color]
Sweet_sniper
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2006, 10:39:24 am »

???Does any one know where i can get a picture of where they first get the bells working and everyone stops to listen. The Camera pans into an over view of the town. I'm painting a stars Hollow winter scene and would like to some how get the picture of the town with all the snow and everything

violaplayer1234
Town Selectman

Community Points: 325

Smile like you mean it.

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 14, 2007, 03:24:19 pm »

I loved the part when they broke the bells.

This was one of the first full episodes I saw...well one of the first ones I saw and understood what was happening.

I didn't recognize William as the guy from the laundry room, and why would Rory assume that it was her he was talking about, because didn't the other part happen a few months ago?  Either way it was funny, and Rory was so embarassed, I felt bad.

Poor poor Lane.  And Mrs. Kim too.  I felt bad for her as well.

Literati~~BalconyBuddy~~Teacher's Pet

Grace Cheesy

"While we're on the subject could we change the subject now?"
trickyiu
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 337

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2007, 02:41:53 pm »

I love the interactions between Luke and Lorelai in this episodes. To see her her get truly upset over Luke and Nicole getting an apartment just shows how much she secretly loved Luke the whole time they never dated. Why could she have not just come out and said" I don't want you to be living with someone unless it is me, I love you Luke"  During the scene when they break the bells I feel like Lorelai was going to confess her true love to Luke but they got interrupted...grrr! This is such a classic GG episode with Luke and Lorelai batting eyes at each other, flirting, and fighting. 

Java Junkie always!  SSS, love to the sisters  Cool
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: