GilmoreGirls.org Forum
June 18, 2021, 08:35:22 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: 4.15 - Scene in a Mall  (Read 32652 times)
LoveMeSomeGG
Town Resident

Community Points: 19

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2007, 05:32:48 pm »

I absolutely love the opening scene to this episode.  I never get tired of seeing it!

Grin
thevoid99
Diner Regular

Community Points: 19

Shame on our dirty little hearts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2008, 04:24:52 pm »

Another fantastic episode.  The stuff with Kirk and the dogs are funny.  Dean, he still can't get over Rory and the worse part is that he's doing this in front of Luke.  Paris, a germaphobe.  Lane, finally getting her own apartment.  Though it was sad to see the way she and Mrs. Kim looked at each other and then, Mrs. Kim's quiet response after her daughter left.  Lane's cousin... whoa.   

It was good for the Gilmore Girls to take a break from their hectic schedule after the previous episode.  Then came Emily and wow...

I'm not much of a fan of Emily Gilmore but I really feel sorry for her.  She feels unappreciated by Richard, she does everything for him and now, he doesn't appreciate her.  I usually like Richard.  It was fun seeing the Gilmore women just have lunch, eat and such and was glad to see Emily look at Lorelei discussing business on the phone.  The last scene of Emily and Richard eating dinner and Richard not taking notice.  Bad Richard!  I like those apples.  They're very nice Emily. 
gg crazy
Diner Chef

Community Points: 4

:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2008, 10:56:16 am »

I love this episode!! emily doing that in the middle of the mall was very ...idk how 2 describe it.

LoveMe011
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 104

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 04, 2008, 09:00:47 am »

I really enjoyed seeing Emily open up in this episode about her life, rather than just hearing her assertive opinions on every aspect of everyone else's life. I was wondering when Lorelai and Rory decided to go window shopping if they were just having a temporary lapse of good judgement, because window shopping really is NO fun. Watching them transition from being giddy about the trip to being miserable was pretty funny, it was as if they were each just continuing because they thought the other wanted to keep "shopping." I had to laugh when they saw Emily on the escalator and were trying to hide...they should have known they were fighting a losing battle there. If I were them, I would have just gotten to the bottom of the escalator and left...they could have told Emily ANY story about something crazy happening and causing them to not be able to catch up with her upstairs. BUT, if they had done that, they wouldn't have had the opportunity to witness the scene Emily would cause later. I was trying to roughly estimate in my head how much Emily's tab was running, but she totally blew my mind. Her forcing the clerk to sell her the globe was funny..."EVERYTHING is for sale." I'm sure those salespeople were having a field day...with as much money as Emily spent, they could have probably shut down the store and taken the rest of the day off-they probably made sales goal enough to cover the next week!

The food court scene was my favorite, with Lorelai and Rory showing Emily the wonder of the great American food court. Of course Emily would try to eat her hamburger with a knife and fork. I thought it was a nice moment when Emily was commending Lorelai on the way she handled the business call about the drawing of the Dragonfly that came out looking purple. Then when Lorelai says she learned from the best (her mother), Emily goes into her opening up phase, where she discusses how Richard views her lifestyle, and how she sees now that she has nothing in her life that is REALLY important. If you think about it, Richard has a point in his own mind. He works hard in the insurance business, catering to clients and fellow businessmen, negotiating deals and playing pretty with other businessmen in order to remain successful and gain the upper hand. However, I believe each of us are given specific talents and gifts, and if Emily's gift is organizing and overseeing parties and other social engagements, and if that is how she truly enjoys spending her time, I see no reason for her to be criticized for that. I also can see a parallel between the insurance business and the social-engagement business...just like Richard has to play his cards just right to please his customers and avoid conflict while remaining at peace with the competition, Emily has to play her cards just right in order to maintain her social status and to please the attendees of each of these events. I have this problem in my own life, my father thinks the work he does is better than what I do for a living. But just because what I do is different and doesn't require the physical labor that his job sometimes does doesn't mean I'm not working as hard as he is or anything to that effect. I see that as being similar to this situation with Emily and Richard...Richard is belittling Emily's life and her hobbies, the things she really enjoys, and makes her feel guilty for pursuing those things. I really don't consider that fair, no matter how important or unimportant Richard sees these things. I think the fact that Emily feels belittled just increases the likelihood that Lorelai is going to catch crap for it later, just like Gran gives Emily crap for everything else in the world that goes wrong.

The dynamic between Rory and Dean in this episode is interesting to watch, and it's also interesting to see the dialogue between Luke and Dean at the arcade...as soon as Dean notices Rory across the street through the window, he starts to stumble over his words and completely loses focus on the conversation. And Luke is definitely not stupid, he just tries to ignore what he sees and bring Dean back down to earth by wrapping up the conversation and leaving.

[Cassy]
-Literati.
-Java Junkie.

Rory:I love you, mom.
Lorelai:Aw...kid, you have no idea.
flowergirl321
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 30, 2009, 10:58:40 am »

I haven'y watched this episode in a while and I'm surprised by how funny it is! I love when they're on the phone and Lorlieri is like "I don't even know what you look like anymore, Do you still look the same?" And then Rory says "Hold on my nose ring is iching."
And I love when they go window shopping.
Gilmore Gyrlie
Town Resident

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2009, 11:03:53 am »

It seemed like Emily finally realized what a good mom Lorelai is with Rory.

Felt bad for her, especially at the end, when Richard barely notices the new Apple table settings she bought. Embarrassed

R0TFLMA0 at Kirk with the dogs.
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: