GilmoreGirls.org Forum
November 29, 2021, 07:45:08 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: which actor do you like the most?  (Voting closed: November 04, 2008, 05:35:39 pm)
Alexis Bledel - 1 (9.1%)
Lauren Graham - 4 (36.4%)
Scott Patterson - 3 (27.3%)
Melissa McCarthy - 0 (0%)
Keiko Agena - 0 (0%)
Yanic Truesdale - 0 (0%)
Liza Weil - 2 (18.2%)
Sean Gunn - 0 (0%)
Matt Czuchry - 0 (0%)
David Sutcliffe - 0 (0%)
Liz Torres - 0 (0%)
Kelly Bishop - 1 (9.1%)
Edward Herrmann - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 5

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16
  Print  
Author Topic: Who´s the best actor?  (Read 95416 times)
bingbong
Town Selectman

Community Points: 1271

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: June 29, 2007, 01:56:45 pm »

The more i've watched the show over the years, the more i've come to appreciate Liza Weil. When the early episodes originally aired, Paris annoyed me so much i overlooked Liza's ability. But at this point i notice all the nuances she puts into the role, so we see flashes of her vulnerable side in the early season, all the little nervous ticks and barely contained rage (to go with the uncontained rage). Every scene that Liza/Paris appears in, she dominates. It's not only the character she plays, but the way Alexis completely inhabits Paris. In the few scenes she's done with Emily & Richard, who are portrayed by two formidable actors, Alexis controls it all and, again, it is more than just the character, it's Liza.

I agree with the previous post; it's hard to say who is truly the best (although i've previously picked Lauren & Kelly), as compared to a personal favorite. It's like the awards shows, very subjective who gets nominated & wins. We know how amazing Lauren, Kelly & Liza are, but they have not won anything and that's ridiculous.
It's an incredible ensemble cast.

Signature courtesy of SKFTEX
gilmorefriend
Official Gilmore Girl

Community Points: 1354

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: June 29, 2007, 10:48:22 pm »

The more i've watched the show over the years, the more i've come to appreciate Liza Weil. When the early episodes originally aired, Paris annoyed me so much i overlooked Liza's ability. But at this point i notice all the nuances she puts into the role, so we see flashes of her vulnerable side in the early season, all the little nervous ticks and barely contained rage (to go with the uncontained rage). Every scene that Liza/Paris appears in, she dominates. It's not only the character she plays, but the way Alexis completely inhabits Paris. In the few scenes she's done with Emily & Richard, who are portrayed by two formidable actors, Alexis controls it all and, again, it is more than just the character, it's Liza.

I agree with the previous post; it's hard to say who is truly the best (although i've previously picked Lauren & Kelly), as compared to a personal favorite. It's like the awards shows, very subjective who gets nominated & wins. We know how amazing Lauren, Kelly & Liza are, but they have not won anything and that's ridiculous.
It's an incredible ensemble cast. [/color]
I agree. Liza is an excellent actress!

THIS ACCOUNT IS SO OLD BUT I DON'T HAVE THE HEART TO DELETE IT PRETEND I DON'T EXIST
coffee_cake_7
Town Resident

Community Points: 10

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: July 16, 2007, 12:41:42 pm »

I think Lauren is the best actress. Lorelai is a complex character, and she pulls her off well. Lorelai is normally quick and light, but there are some instances (Say Something; Rory's Dance; etc.) where she is a deeper charcter than her normal self. Lauren is a great person to be able to play all the faces of Lorelai Gilmore.

The Best Kirk Moments!!

-Cat-Kirk
-'Hay There'
-"I think you are the prettiest woman I've ever seen. Outside a really filthy magazine, I mean."
-"I can't think of how many times I've stood around with a nut thinking, 'if only I had a way to crack this'.
-"Was the tuna inquiry too personal?"
gilmorefriend
Official Gilmore Girl

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: July 16, 2007, 03:33:25 pm »

I think Lauren is the best actress. Lorelai is a complex character, and she pulls her off well. Lorelai is normally quick and light, but there are some instances (Say Something; Rory's Dance; etc.) where she is a deeper charcter than her normal self. Lauren is a great person to be able to play all the faces of Lorelai Gilmore.
Yes. She has to try so hard! I could never memorize Lorelai's lines. Also, she is so fast! I read that they try to make it hard for lauren to remember! Lauren Deserves an award!
 Lauren is in second now! http://theenvelope.latimes.com/ Everyone vote please!

THIS ACCOUNT IS SO OLD BUT I DON'T HAVE THE HEART TO DELETE IT PRETEND I DON'T EXIST
Love_the_Lorelais
Town Resident

Community Points: 13

Luke + Lorelai = Love

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: July 18, 2007, 02:57:22 pm »

I'd say Lauren is the best. Scott, Kelly, and Liza are incredible too! All amazing!!!  Nod

~Java Junkie and proud of it!~
Charly Hayden
Town Resident

Community Points: 14

View Profile WWW
« Reply #185 on: July 18, 2007, 03:15:09 pm »

I'd say Lauren is the best. Scott, Kelly, and Liza are incredible too! All amazing!!!  Nod

I totally agree! lauren is simply amazing!

gilmorefriend
Official Gilmore Girl

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: July 22, 2007, 02:43:01 pm »

I'd say Lauren is the best. Scott, Kelly, and Liza are incredible too! All amazing!!! Nod
I agree!

GG4E
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: July 22, 2007, 10:23:01 pm »

lauren, alexis, david sutclif (i don't know if his last name is spelt right) Tongue
shinkeiko
Town Troubadour

Community Points: -17

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: July 24, 2007, 02:02:18 pm »

i think liza(paris) is the best actor

*im awesome*
kim_gilmoregirl
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: July 24, 2007, 10:51:39 pm »

Lauren Graham. Tongue

Dave & Lane. < 3

Logan & Rory. < 3
britni
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: July 25, 2007, 06:32:55 pm »

Lauren I think is the best actress. But you really have to respect them all, Liza is really good and Scott's pretty incrediable too.

If you want closure to Gilmore Girls story, either by movie or a season 8 be sure to sign the petition at:
www.petitionspot.com/petitions/great8mandate

Also be sure to visit www.savethelorelais.org
kim_gilmoregirl
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: July 25, 2007, 09:25:38 pm »

I agree too.

Dave & Lane. < 3

Logan & Rory. < 3
Gilmore_Luver_08
Diner Owner

Community Points: 158

Name is Emily i LOVE gg!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #192 on: August 23, 2007, 05:25:52 pm »

I think they are all really incredibal. I've never seen Alexis in roles that are too different from Rory, (I've only seen like 2 of her other projects) but I think shes great too. Choosing is kinda difficult!

Brenda- "It's Not A Sundae... It's A Banana Split."
Imy- "Do You Need A Crazy Corner?"
Duz, Pri, Sharon, Spencer- "Did You Ever Know That Your My Hero....... Lol! Love Ya Guys!"

One Tree Hill is the bomb.
bingbong
Town Selectman

Community Points: 1271

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 23, 2007, 06:01:43 pm »

I don't think i will ever see Alexis without thinking of Rory. But i hope her post-GG career will be successful.

Signature courtesy of SKFTEX
skftex
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 287

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 23, 2007, 08:42:25 pm »

Liz Torres.   Grin Actually I think most of them are really good.  Milo Ventimiglia impresses me a lot.  It goes without saying that Lauren is really great.  I have a problem with Alexis Bledel in the last 3 seasons or so though. But this is not the worst actor thread so I'll stop there.   Grin Tongue

Sharon

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 16
  Print  

Jump to: