GilmoreGirls.org Forum
May 23, 2022, 10:37:51 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: What would be more than likely your classification?  (Voting closed: May 30, 2006, 12:08:32 am)
teenage woman - 9 (52.9%)
teenage man - 0 (0%)
woman w/ bachelor's degree - 3 (17.6%)
man w/ bachelor's degree - 0 (0%)
woman not living in US - 2 (11.8%)
man not living in US - 2 (11.8%)
adult single man - 0 (0%)
adult single woman - 1 (5.9%)
Mother - 0 (0%)
Father - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 17

Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 343
  Print  
Author Topic: Q & A Thread: 'Cause It Ain't All GilmoreClear ...  (Read 1285152 times)
thelostgilmoregirl
Diner Chef

Community Points: 124

Book Sniffer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #990 on: April 12, 2006, 05:28:45 pm »

Hi there.  I can answer your first question but not the second.  He calls her "Ace" because she is a journalist Ace is a nickname for someone who is a journalist basically hope that clears it up.

~JavaJunkie~Narcoleptic~Noodie~Foodie~
aryan2003
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 21

--> Aryan . The . Apprentice <-- in omnia paratus

View Profile
« Reply #991 on: April 12, 2006, 06:00:32 pm »

Hello. What does BTW mean? I saw it in someones signature, and it followed with: I HATE RORY GILMORE!!!. and i wanted to know what it meant.

thanks

ALSO: does anyone know how to change the colour of the shadow, and glow. Thanks/
« Last Edit: April 12, 2006, 06:14:03 pm by aryan2003 » Logged

"It's like once your president, your president for life... Unless you get assassinated"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4 --. it
skftex
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 287

View Profile
« Reply #992 on: April 12, 2006, 06:26:15 pm »

Literati is the name of the shippers who like Rory/Jess, like the Java Junkies are those that like Luke/Lorelai.

BTW is short for By the way

Sharon

mela489
Town Elder

Community Points: 310

<3 Tuesday nights are my day of the week <3

View Profile
« Reply #993 on: April 12, 2006, 06:45:15 pm »

Now I have something myself. It has been discussed in some threads but I couldnīt find an answer.
Does anybody know who the girl on Jess shirt in "The Real Paul Anka" is?
Yes she looks a lot like Rory but I donīt think itīs her. That would be just too creepy and would have propably weirded her out, right?
Itīs propably someone special, it would be strange to put some random girl that looks like Rory on his shirt. And AS-P is supposed to be all about the dressings.
So can anybody help me?

Katrin

I was wondering that too!  I had taped it and watched it with my sister at 9, so when I saw that I was like, "wait was the Rory on Jess's shirt" so my sister had me rewind it and we realized it wasn't, but it did resemble her a little, and I did find that kind of odd, though I have no idea who it was, but it would be nice to know or even ASP's reasoning to dressing Milo in that shirt.

Melanie ~JavaJunkie~ *Noodie* ~Dodger~ *Headliner* Angela! Hearts Always PTS's at heart Hearts Just say,"Yes M.A.M.M"
geno
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #994 on: April 12, 2006, 08:11:50 pm »

I need to know if the voice on the opening music belongs to Alexis Bledel [Rory]?  I think it sounds just like her and it's been driving me nuts. Anybody know?
whatsername0137
Diner Regular

Community Points: 21

View Profile
« Reply #995 on: April 12, 2006, 08:22:59 pm »

its a song called, "where you lead", and it is by carole king and her daughter.   Smiley 

Rory: Let's just play it cool.
Jess: Hey, I'm Frank at the Sands.
Rory: That's cool.

<3  Gilmore Girls  <3
Janich O
« Reply #996 on: April 13, 2006, 05:51:57 am »

Hi! I have two questions. First off, why does Logan call Rory "Ace"?. Secondly, in a couple people's signatures, I have noticed the word "Literati". What does this mean? Thanks.
Hi there. I can answer your first question but not the second. He calls her "Ace" because she is a journalist Ace is a nickname for someone who is a journalist basically hope that clears it up.
Are you sure, thelostgilmoregirl?
The first time the designation "ace" is used, is when Rory come to visit Logan during a card game (poker, i belive. I don't remember pisode name) and he great her with "ace" (the highest card in most card games).
I'm not saying your wrong, thelostgilmoregirl, but that you might be. I am not sure Huh
Besides, "ace" is a designation of anyone that are a hawk at there job/ function.
skftex
Gilmore Maid

View Profile
« Reply #997 on: April 13, 2006, 09:04:53 am »

I think he uses ACE because of Rory being a reporter too.  It is just one of those things in the U.S. that reporters are often called ACE, for the reason explained already.  Guess we could be wrong though!

Sharon

mela489
Town Elder

View Profile
« Reply #998 on: April 13, 2006, 10:04:25 am »

Hi! I have two questions. First off, why does Logan call Rory "Ace"?. Secondly, in a couple people's signatures, I have noticed the word "Literati". What does this mean? Thanks.
Hi there. I can answer your first question but not the second. He calls her "Ace" because she is a journalist Ace is a nickname for someone who is a journalist basically hope that clears it up.
Are you sure, thelostgilmoregirl?
The first time the designation "ace" is used, is when Rory come to visit Logan during a card game (poker, i belive. I don't remember pisode name) and he great her with "ace" (the highest card in most card games).
I'm not saying your wrong, thelostgilmoregirl, but that you might be. I am not sure Huh
Besides, "ace" is a designation of anyone that are a hawk at there job/ function.
I think he uses ACE because of Rory being a reporter too. It is just one of those things in the U.S. that reporters are often called ACE, for the reason explained already. Guess we could be wrong though!

Sharon

Yes, because like and ACE detective, she found out about the Life and Death bragade which was supposed to be secret.  I don't think it had anything to do with him first using it at the card game, it just happened to be the setting, though I thought he used it before that at the life and death bragade thing, but I could be wrong.

Melanie ~JavaJunkie~ *Noodie* ~Dodger~ *Headliner* Angela! Hearts Always PTS's at heart Hearts Just say,"Yes M.A.M.M"
Janich O
« Reply #999 on: April 13, 2006, 10:16:55 am »

I don't think it had anything to do with him first using it at the card game, it just happened to be the setting, though I thought he used it before that at the life and death bragade thing, but I could be wrong.
So could i. Well...
Come on DVD people, give it to us Smiley
mela489
Town Elder

View Profile
« Reply #1000 on: April 13, 2006, 10:18:07 am »

oh wow, right! ha, Smiley I have the 5th season! (though was it in the 4th, probably, right?)

Janich O
« Reply #1001 on: April 13, 2006, 10:21:44 am »

I really can't remember Sad
skftex
Gilmore Maid

View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: April 13, 2006, 09:13:04 pm »

oh wow, right! ha, Smiley I have the 5th season! (though was it in the 4th, probably, right?)

It was season 5, You Jump I Jump, Jack

And he does call her ace in that episode, when Rory is waiting for Logan and is blindfolded, he comes up behind her and says, Hey, Ace, you ready?

Later at the Life and Death Brigade even, when she's sitting by herself and he comes over with a light and food, then he is going to leave he says I'll be right there. I'll leave the light for you, Ace. I won't need it

He uses it three other times in the episode but you get the idea.  Cheesy

Sharon

thelostgilmoregirl
Diner Chef

Community Points: 124

Book Sniffer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1003 on: April 13, 2006, 11:03:36 pm »

He had called her Ace previous too that as well.  He was defently refering to her as a journalist investigator thing.

~JavaJunkie~Narcoleptic~Noodie~Foodie~
Janich O
« Reply #1004 on: April 14, 2006, 06:39:47 am »

I stand corrected Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 65 66 [67] 68 69 ... 343
  Print  

Jump to: