GilmoreGirls.org Forum
December 06, 2021, 04:35:40 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: What would be more than likely your classification?  (Voting closed: May 30, 2006, 12:08:32 am)
teenage woman - 9 (52.9%)
teenage man - 0 (0%)
woman w/ bachelor's degree - 3 (17.6%)
man w/ bachelor's degree - 0 (0%)
woman not living in US - 2 (11.8%)
man not living in US - 2 (11.8%)
adult single man - 0 (0%)
adult single woman - 1 (5.9%)
Mother - 0 (0%)
Father - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 17

Pages: 1 ... 334 335 [336] 337 338 ... 343
  Print  
Author Topic: Q & A Thread: 'Cause It Ain't All GilmoreClear ...  (Read 1168099 times)
Cayli
Town Resident

Community Points: 21

Live like there's no tomarrow!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5025 on: July 01, 2008, 07:49:26 am »

I was wondering, in season 5 at Emily and Richard's "wedding", they played the song "Bill". Does anyone know what the actual name of the song is?

*Cayli*~Java Junkie~
cherilee13
Diner Chef

Community Points: 364

View Profile
« Reply #5026 on: July 01, 2008, 09:54:53 am »

The actual title of the song IS 'Wedding Bell Blues' and was sung by The 5th Dimension and then when the group broke up two of the members of the band, Marilyn McCoo and Billy Davis, Jr, who are married to each other, went out as a duo and sing the song at their concerts.
« Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 07:28:30 pm by cherilee13 » Logged

Sig by Sooks/Mel ~ Thank you sweet friend
Cayli
Town Resident

Community Points: 21

Live like there's no tomarrow!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5027 on: July 01, 2008, 12:09:24 pm »

Thank you so much! pretty stick for you! haha! I have been wondering that for forever now!

*Cayli*~Java Junkie~
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #5028 on: July 01, 2008, 04:08:32 pm »

Cayli ~ I am glad that I could help out.  It is fun when someone asks a question that I can actually answer Cheesy.

t.j.s babe
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

edward cullen=love and perfection

View Profile
« Reply #5029 on: July 06, 2008, 10:39:55 am »

hey can someone explain to me about the community points? i read the thread about it but i still dont understand how you get and lose community points Huh

Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #5030 on: July 06, 2008, 07:56:32 pm »

Welcome to the Org! Smiley

The community points are given to you by other members for really anything...another member can give you a "pretty stick" which equals a community point. If you help someone, contribute well to a thread discussion, do some type of graphic, answer something, help someone, etc. then they may decide to give you a "pretty stick" and you'll see that total as your own community points. For example, I just gave you a "pretty stick" by clicking on the "pretty stick" link under your name, and your community points went up to "1". Does that help?

And if someone "snarks" you, you'll see that come away from your community points. I'm not a huge fan of snarking but it's done to those who have been told some forum 'rule' or guideline more than once and aren't following it, or who are disrespectful to other members, or rude.

Right now, until you have posted 100 posts, you won't see the options under other member's name on the left hand side of your screen to "pretty stick" or "snarkastic" but you will when you've posted 100 posts. Then, you too will be able to give or take away community points.

Hope that helped explain things a bit more. Let us know if you have more questions! Enjoy the forums! And again, welcome!! I love your sig graphic! Grin

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
t.j.s babe
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

edward cullen=love and perfection

View Profile
« Reply #5031 on: July 09, 2008, 07:33:54 am »

Thanks that really helped! Wink i was so lost

cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #5032 on: July 10, 2008, 07:39:09 pm »

Help Please!!  Another observation that I just noticed and don't know why I have it and no one else does.  At the bottom of my posts on the right hand side there is a long number but everyone else just says logged.  I am sure there is a very simple answer and I am sure I will feel like a fool because I don't know why Tongue, but can anyone add some light to my darkness? Huh

rory1984
Inn Manager

Community Points: 333

View Profile
« Reply #5033 on: July 10, 2008, 07:46:14 pm »

That number is your IP address. It is visible only to you, moderators, and administrators because it can track where you are....
Did that add some light??

3rd Annual ORG Awards!
ILY Livie,Amber,Mel,Spence,Zija,Grace,Ines,Gena,Mary!
You can call me Rory!
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #5034 on: July 10, 2008, 08:06:20 pm »

Wow, that was quick, Rory.  Yeah, thanks, that does add some light on it for me.  Kind of creepy knowing that I am being tracked where ever I go Cheesy.  I do understand why the tracking is needed, though.  Thanks again for the light.

Like your 'Hug a World' sig.

rory1984
Inn Manager

Community Points: 333

View Profile
« Reply #5035 on: July 10, 2008, 08:11:22 pm »

I'm glad to help!  Cheesy
I know, it is a little creepy. But when we have 18,414 members, you know you cant be tracked to often or closely. lol

Oh, and thanks about the sig. I actually used this one back in the winter, but I really liked it, so I decided to use it again.  Grin

3rd Annual ORG Awards!
ILY Livie,Amber,Mel,Spence,Zija,Grace,Ines,Gena,Mary!
You can call me Rory!
indiecoffee
« Reply #5036 on: July 17, 2008, 08:44:23 am »

Ok, I have asked this before, but never received an answer.  Can anyone tell me why there is a "William's Hardware" sign on Lukes diner when his last name is Danes?  Was his dad named William?  Do they ever mention his dad's name in the show at all?  Shouldn't it say Dane's Hardware?  This just bugs me.  Any ideas? 
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #5037 on: July 17, 2008, 09:51:32 am »

Yes, his dad's name was William Danes.  Don't know why they went with his first name and not his last for the show, but I have seen it done for real businesses.  It seems like his dad's full name has been mentioned, but I won't swear by it.  I will have to pay closer attention to see if it does come up.

Lovefiend
Yale Alumnus

Community Points: 905

Shary's Stalkee, Lexie is my lil sis/ R.I.P BF

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5038 on: July 19, 2008, 06:14:19 am »

Ok, I have asked this before, but never received an answer. Can anyone tell me why there is a "William's Hardware" sign on Lukes diner when his last name is Danes? Was his dad named William? Do they ever mention his dad's name in the show at all? Shouldn't it say Dane's Hardware? This just bugs me. Any ideas?
Man, you're a sharp one, I'd never noticed that!!

~I wish I could touch you again, I wish I could still call you friend, I'd give, anything... ~

MiniPink
indiecoffee
« Reply #5039 on: August 05, 2008, 10:10:37 am »

haha, thanks.  That is just something that has always bugged me about the show.  I am not really sure if they ever do mention his name, but I am sure they do.  I will have to pay attention as well to see if it is mentioned.  BTW..Lovefiend, nice sig..zoinks!  Shocked
Pages: 1 ... 334 335 [336] 337 338 ... 343
  Print  

Jump to: