GilmoreGirls.org Forum
January 20, 2022, 03:47:47 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: What would be more than likely your classification?  (Voting closed: May 30, 2006, 12:08:32 am)
teenage woman - 9 (52.9%)
teenage man - 0 (0%)
woman w/ bachelor's degree - 3 (17.6%)
man w/ bachelor's degree - 0 (0%)
woman not living in US - 2 (11.8%)
man not living in US - 2 (11.8%)
adult single man - 0 (0%)
adult single woman - 1 (5.9%)
Mother - 0 (0%)
Father - 0 (0%)
Total Voters: 17

Pages: 1 ... 316 317 [318] 319 320 ... 343
  Print  
Author Topic: Q & A Thread: 'Cause It Ain't All GilmoreClear ...  (Read 1206073 times)
violaplayer1234
Town Selectman

Community Points: 325

Smile like you mean it.

View Profile
« Reply #4755 on: October 17, 2007, 05:57:08 pm »

Melissa-- It is indeed the same person...a bit strange, is it not?  The first time I saw his name on the ending of HSM I was stunned...but then it turned out to be the same person.  Slightly different areas of work.  Here's his link on IMDB if you are curious... he's directed 12 Gilmore Girls episodes.   http://imdb.com/name/nm0650905/

Literati~~BalconyBuddy~~Teacher's Pet

Grace Cheesy

"While we're on the subject could we change the subject now?"
MasBYUgal
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 595

Org Awards : Best Sig Creator '06 & '07

View Profile
« Reply #4756 on: October 17, 2007, 06:20:19 pm »

Wow.  I am surprised, they seem like different genres ... Wow.  I hadn't done the searching, b/c I just didn't think they could really be the same!  PS to you!  Thanks!

I'm Melissa.

Just say, "Yes, M.A.M.M. !"
/Member of Queen B
GilmoreAddict7899
Diner Chef

Community Points: 399

in Omnia Paratus...

View Profile
« Reply #4757 on: October 19, 2007, 07:22:03 am »

I joined this org less than a year ago. And I see people talking about the "old" org. Can anyone fill me in on the history of what might have been an old org please?

Java Junkie-Litliner.....Kim =)
emerald lamb
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #4758 on: October 19, 2007, 02:44:27 pm »

Does anyone know which episode Paris and Doyle are practicing Krav Maga in their apartment? And where can I find screencaps of that? Thanks  Smiley
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1944

View Profile
« Reply #4759 on: October 19, 2007, 03:00:24 pm »

I joined this org less than a year ago. And I see people talking about the "old" org. Can anyone fill me in on the history of what might have been an old org please?

Hey Kim

The old Org is this site, but it had to be re-built because it got hacked and destroyed. I found this post that might best describe what happened for you..

Basically, early last summer, the forum was hacked as part of a monetary bet between a bunch of idiots who had nothing better to do with their time than hack fansites. Unfortunately, Heidi happened to be away at the time, so by the time she was able to get online, basically everything was gone and destroyed. To further complicate things, myself and the other† mod at the time didn't know when Heidi would be back, so a hacker posed as her and we didn't know any better... so after the forum was reinstalled, it was deleted again. I basically negotiated with the hackers to just go away, then Heidi came back and by the time she found a safer software that is much, much less hackable, and got the forums up, a few months had passed without our beloved ORG.

Please read Forum Rules
GilmoreAddict7899
Diner Chef

Community Points: 399

in Omnia Paratus...

View Profile
« Reply #4760 on: October 19, 2007, 03:11:18 pm »

thanks honkifuluvGG! ps! And pore org....sad...Sad

edit:

Another question.

WWTBFCD?
What would the Barefoot Contessa do?

Is that spelled right? And what is the  Barefoot Contessa? Is it a movie?
« Last Edit: October 22, 2007, 12:41:09 pm by GilmoreAddict7899 » Logged

Java Junkie-Litliner.....Kim =)
xgilmoregirlx
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #4761 on: October 21, 2007, 12:45:24 pm »

so i looked at like the back pages of fnfiction.net, then looke at the reviews for a story written in like december 2000, and somebody in the reviews said "ya i heard ths writing is called javajunkie or something" so its been around since almost the time GG started  Shocked
ilovegilmore101
Town Resident

Community Points: 35

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4762 on: October 21, 2007, 01:08:33 pm »

oh thats cool
i always sorta wondered that too but i just assumed it was lorelai's addiction to coffee

Will you be my Edward Cullen??

^ made by mel. Pleased]

Dream Team For President!!

~October 5, 2000-May 15, 2007~
~March 10, 1997- May 19, 2003~
the_real_paul_anka
« Reply #4763 on: October 22, 2007, 03:49:10 pm »

The Barefoot Contessa is a store and a cooking show.
noga456
Town Resident

Community Points: 161

View Profile
« Reply #4764 on: October 23, 2007, 09:11:56 am »

Does anyone know which episode Paris and Doyle are practicing Krav Maga in their apartment? And where can I find screencaps of that? Thanks† Smiley

Unfortunately, no, but you wrote 'Krav Maga' , do you mean to 'hand-to-hand combat'? O:
laurla205
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 384

View Profile
« Reply #4765 on: October 23, 2007, 02:39:06 pm »

Does anyone know which episode Paris and Doyle are practicing Krav Maga in their apartment? And where can I find screencaps of that? Thanks† Smiley

Unfortunately, no, but you wrote 'Krav Maga' , do you mean to 'hand-to-hand combat'? O:

They were practicing Krav Maga in 6.11 The Perfect Dress.† Iím not sure about screencaps, I checked and the ORG doesnít have them up for this episode.†
noga456
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #4766 on: October 24, 2007, 04:57:43 am »

They were practicing Krav Maga in 6.11 The Perfect Dress.† Iím not sure about screencaps, I checked and the ORG doesnít have them up for this episode.†

Krav Maga is a phrase in Hebrew! I was excited 'cause i thoght you know Hebrew too... now i assume it's just a general phrase..  Embarrassed
« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 05:31:45 am by noga456 » Logged
laurla205
Gilmore Maid

View Profile
« Reply #4767 on: October 24, 2007, 05:42:35 am »

Krav Maga is a phrase in Hebrew! I was excited 'cause i thoght you know Hebrew too... now i assume it's just a general phrase.. Embarrassed

I donít know Hebrew Sad , some French but no Hebrew.† Krav Maga, in the episode was a hand to hand combat they were practicing, what does it mean in Hebrew?†
noga456
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #4768 on: October 24, 2007, 07:01:25 am »

Krav Maga is a phrase in Hebrew! I was excited 'cause i thoght you know Hebrew too... now i assume it's just a general phrase.. Embarrassed

I donít know Hebrew Sad , some French but no Hebrew.† Krav Maga, in the episode was a hand to hand combat they were practicing, what does it mean in Hebrew?†

Krav Maga is hand to hand combat, as you wrote. Now I realize that this phrase is used in the English language, but basically it is phrase in Hebrew!, 'Krav' = combat, battle. 'Maga'=is when you touch in the other participate 'during the fight' in the combat. And I found one website to show you Smiley
http://www.krav.org.il/en.html. This is the English version so it will be easy to you to understand! (instead of the Hebrew version).
laurla205
Gilmore Maid

View Profile
« Reply #4769 on: October 24, 2007, 07:35:20 am »

^^ That was really interesting, and the video explained it very well. Thanks!!† And, as usual, ASP did a great job of keeping it true to form in the show.†
Pages: 1 ... 316 317 [318] 319 320 ... 343
  Print  

Jump to: