GilmoreGirls.org Forum
July 01, 2022, 10:08:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Where do you see yourself in ten years?
She (or he) works hard for the money - 12 (11.8%)
Married and/or raising a family - 29 (28.4%)
Traveling the world of wonders - 6 (5.9%)
Hooray for Hollywood (rich and famous) - 9 (8.8%)
It doesn't matter as long as I'm happy - 30 (29.4%)
Retired - 0 (0%)
Other (elaborate in a post) - 8 (7.8%)
Where Heidi leads, I will follow - 8 (7.8%)
Total Voters: 99

Pages: 1 ... 871 872 [873] 874 875 ... 895
  Print  
Author Topic: Off Topic Thread - Because a lot has happened!  (Read 1844230 times)
Lovefiend
Yale Alumnus

Community Points: 905

Shary's Stalkee, Lexie is my lil sis/ R.I.P BF

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13080 on: August 21, 2008, 11:40:41 pm »

Wow. A lot to catch up on.
I'm gonna preface this by saying I may not be my usual rambling self, I've spent all day with Helen getting stitches, because she cut herself again today.  I'ts been lik e a year since last time, but all the birthday/orphan stuff is really getting to her. So I'm not feeling aaaal together that chatty.
But anywho.
Cheri, nice to see you're alive!!  Was starting to try and figure out how to get enough frequent flyer miles to get to your funeral. Of course, I eventually came to the conclusion that I'd have to spend more in flights to get the F.F. miles that it would cost to go. Then while I was going through that in my head, you turned up!!!

Instead of the game - you two (and anyone else who wants to!!), can challenge me to find various Helena pictures :DIF they exist, I'll find 'em!!

Yup, I have a lot of pics, when I do something, I do it well!!! My obessions aren't light!! Plus, there's over 20 years worth of pictures of her, not to mention the baby pics, so there were a lot to find!!
Nikki Sixx is pretty Tongue I'm trying to figur eout who he remind me of, but no luck yet, so I'll just say that he's pretty Cheesy Thanks for sharing them, Mel!!!! I'm all for a little more pretty in my life.

Katy - Job hunting is bollocks. I hate it!! Best of luck, you'll find something!!
And I've never read Twilight, but from what I've been told, I wouldn't like it Smiley But like Mel said, tooooooons of people here are fans!!

Mel,  I hope you're feeling better about whatever it was that was brining you down!! You sound pretty postive about it, which rocks, keep it up sugar plum!!!

Cheri, I'm a victim of the so-called 'Napoleon Complex', i''m small, so of course there's a bully in me!!

And I worry about all of you guys!! When I hear your'e down, or you haven't been on for awhile, I worry!!!
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 02:27:26 am by Lovefiend » Logged

~I wish I could touch you again, I wish I could still call you friend, I'd give, anything... ~

MiniPink
wazup
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 6

i am a die hard gilmore/rock fan

View Profile
« Reply #13081 on: August 22, 2008, 06:56:29 am »

wazup people?
how is every one
i am so sorry i have not ben on lately

^ sig by: Zija
the * means that I did not know how to spell it
Me and Grace love pink lemonade!!
*Lexi*
cherilee13
Diner Chef

Community Points: 364

View Profile
« Reply #13082 on: August 22, 2008, 11:53:13 am »

I liked that "Holy crap woman".  That was funny.  Yeah, I know the marathon feeling.  Don't feel bad, I am at your side in the back of the pack.  Shorter posts are easier and faster, but where is the fun in that Cheesy  I think that my maraton is mostly in how much I can write.  Just think if you had to actually talk to me.  I would really wear out your ears or even make you want to tear them off. Tongue

Again, thanks for the worrying.  I am going to have to go back and check, but it doesn't seem like I was really gone.  It just seems that you and Kate were going back and forth a lot in one day that I wasn't able to catch up.  Hmmm.  I'll have to check that one out.

I hope that your issues will be able to be cleared up soon and I do hope that they aren't all the major.  Well, any issue no matter how small is major.  I just hope that everything will turn out okay.  I am thinking about you and hopeing it all turns out for the best for you.

I'm that you got your ice cream, too.  You made me want to go to our favorite ice cream place now.  They too have great home made ice cream in a lot of great flavors.  I like the waffle cones and bowls, too.  When we go out for ice cream I am a pig because we don't really go that often.  I always get the waffle cone with one scoop of Moosetrak and one scoop of the cashew and caramel that they make.  There scoops are so big and I am stuffed when I am done but it is to die for.  Okay, I know where we will be going this weekend. Cheesy

Don't worry about answering my post right away or all at once.  I do tend to get lengthly 'long winded' I guess you could say.  When you can you can.  Don't worry about it.  I'm not.  Give those fingers a break from time to time.  All will be good. 

I will never just skip over anything that you write.  I want to read everything about Nikki Sixx or anything else.  You write it, I will happily read it all. 

Well, I will cut this one short, well shorter, since I did just come here from the Mid Western thread and there is a LOOTTT there.  I am glad that you are feeling the hugs and thank you for mine.  They are always appreciated. 

Talk to you later
Momma Cheri

Hey, Kate, Hope all is well with you and the mid-term studing is going well as well as the classes.  Hope like is good for you.  How are the ballet classes coming?  Tell Helen I said Hi.  I will come back later tonight to catch up with you hun.  I am not egnoring you.  Again, another great sig.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 11:55:18 am by cherilee13 » Logged

Sig by Sooks/Mel ~ Thank you sweet friend
Lovefiend
Yale Alumnus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13083 on: August 22, 2008, 05:23:22 pm »

Lol, I just kinda told you life isn't going too good for me. I missed a class yesterday because of Helen. I've quit dancing at the moment, lack of time/money, and dance politics.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 05:29:43 pm by Lovefiend » Logged

~I wish I could touch you again, I wish I could still call you friend, I'd give, anything... ~

MiniPink
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #13084 on: August 22, 2008, 08:27:41 pm »

Kate- Dance politics! I wouldn't have thought that was something one would have to deal with, but there seems to be politics with everything these days so I guess it makes sense. I'm sad to hear that you quit dance though. Sad I hope that Helen soon starts feeling better about things. I can relate in a small way. I've had to have stitches for that same reason before. And I must say that unfortunately, it's hard to fight the urge of doing that that sometimes, not that I'm saying it's alright by any means. I've just been there in that same situation for more of my life and recently, myself. But without putting too much out there, I think you know what I'm saying. I hope that she finds some peace with life soon. I really do! I understand you not wanting to talk much but know that we're here for you! Keep your chin up! I wish I had something witty and funny to say - as you always make me laugh when I'm having a hard time, but right now, nothing is coming to me. So, I'll just post another 'picture of 'pretty' for ya...who would have thought someone finds him pretty? Tongue And another picture of pure beauty...

Sorry, couldn't resist posting one more...it's hard not to post some of the funny but more offensive grotesque pictures.

And pure beauty...

For some reason, I love this pic of her!

And this one too...

Alright, enough picture posting. I don't know what I'd even have you find - does Helena have tattoos? If so, I want to see a pic of her tattoo. I looked at her film list to find a pic of her, it's so long!! haha! Her smile is contagious and some of her facial expressions are priceless. Thanks for bringing my attention to her more - the only movie I had really remembered her in was Fight Club and then the Harry Potter and Sweeney Todd ones later.

Cheri - I hope you get some ice cream this weekend at your favorite place! Good ice cream in good cones is important stuff! I have to remember what I wrote to you about in the other thread so I don't duplicate here. Oh, I think you may have missed Kate's post at the top of the thread...it's up there. That will give you an update on how she's doing. I think my issues will be figured out soon enough. I don't mean to complain and bring things down. Nor do I want to make it seem that I'm having all these problems in my life. I don't like doing that because I know there are many more people who are dealing with far more intense and worse things than I deal with. I just also wanted to be real and didn't want people thinking that I was always carefree and happy-go-lucky. That's not the case and I don't to ever lead on that it is. Anyway, I won't make a long one here because I feel that I make such long post and it's harder to read though and keep up with. So, this is short. I hope that you're enjoying your weekend so far! Get some good sleep! It's getting harder for me to type these days for some reason. I don't know what's going on. I have to get a different keyboard, I think that's one thing. I don't know - my fingers hurt and it's hard to keep them typing the right thing. I guess I should have that checked out with my knee! Smiley I have to get that appointment made sooner rather than later, because I have been having a lot more pain in the knee lately and it's cracking even louder. I don't want it to get so bad nothing can be done but surgery, but I also am so scared to have it looked at for some reason. Anyway...another topic for another time. I'll post this now! Take good care!

Both of you - ALL of you...have a GREAT weekend!
~M
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 08:28:54 pm by Sooks » Logged

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #13085 on: August 22, 2008, 09:41:29 pm »

Oh my God, Kate, I just sat down to answer your last post and read it.  I am so sorry that I didn't read it last night and got back to you then.  Is Helen doing okay?  Are you doing okay?  I feel horrible that I didn't take the time to read it last night.  With all of the good there is about being able to communicate with people all over the world through the internet, it really sucks when something bad is happening and there is nothing that you can do.  I wish there weren't so many miles between us so that I could be there for the two of you.  I don't know what else to say.  I just hope that the two of you will be okay and Helen will be strong enough to make it through her birthday without doing something else.  You will have to be strong for her.   With this and mid terms, you must really be stressed out.  I don't want to sound insensitive towards Helen, that isn't what I am doing, but I do hope that missing that class isn't going to cause problems with school for you.  

On a lighter note, I am so glad that I didn't need you to get and use a bunch of frequent flyer miles to come to my funeral.  I am still alive and well and not ready to be put six feet under ground yet.  Actually, when I am dead and gone, my family is to have me cremated and find someplace nice to spread my ashes.  When I am gone, I want to be GONE.  

Hey, I like that game.  We can call it 'Stump Kate'  I will have to think of one that I could come up with.  I don't know if I know enough about HBC to even come up with a pic for you to find, but I will try.  Wow, I didn't realize that her career has been over twenty years already.  No wonder there are so many pictures out there.  And baby pics as well.  Yep, I will have to agree that when you get on an obsession about something you take it for all it is worth. Cheesy

When I saw the picture of Nikki Sixx, I thought that he looks like someone else, too, but I can't figure it out either.  If you figure it out, let me know.  

Yeah, that 'Napoleon Complex' can cause someone who is small to be a bully Cheesy.  If your not, others will try to walk all over you.  I can't picture that ever happening to you though.  Sounds like you can take care of yourself when needed.  I wonder what it is that makes Erin such a bully.  She is 5'9' and is very intimadating and not just because she is tall.  She has always been tall for her age and she used to be the terror of the playground when she was in elementary school.  Even the boys were aftaid of her.  I think she was a bully just because she knew that she could be.  She isn't as bad now, but you still don't want to make her mad.  Grin

I am sorry to hear that you quit dancing.  I hope that you will be able to go back to it soon, if that is what you will want to do.  It sounds like you have an awful lot on your plate right now.  I know what you mean about worring.  I worry about you and Mel even when I hear from you a lot.  I am always hoping that everything is going okay for you both.  I will be worrying about Helen now too.
Give her a hug from me and tell her that I am hoping that she will be okay and be strong.  Again, I am sorry about not posting to you last night.  You two be strong and well.

Well, again as I go to post, one of you beats me to the punch and sneaks in while I am typing.  I learned my lesson from not answering everything last night so I will answer your post now, Mel.

Thanks for sharing more pictures.  I really like the second one of Helena.  I was scanning down and thinking pretty dress, a littly funky but pretty and then I hit the shoes.  Had to laugh. 

I hope that all will be okay in your life, too.  Yeah we all have problems that we have to deal with.  I feel like I have the easy life when I read about everything that is going on in your lives and in your pasts.   Some things have been hard but with patience and perservierence (sp?) hopefully most problems can be solved or atleast made tolerable. 

Well, I don't know if we will be going for ice cream or doing anything else this weekend.  Mark is mad about something and he won't tell me what.  He gets into these moods every now and then.  It will pass, but when he gets mad, I have learned to just let him be. 

Yeah, I have problems typing sometime, too.  My problem is just with my head, now my keyboard.  Cheesy  and my spelling is terrible.  I still have to make my appointment to have my knee checked out, too.  I alway procrastinate because I am always afraid to hear what the doctor is going to say, but then by not going in, the problem just gets worse.  I guess since I won't be going in for that follow-up appointment for the biopsy, I guess I should move on and make that appointment for my knee.  ULGH.  I really hate falling  apart like this and needing to go to the doctors. 

Well, this is probably a mile long so I had better end for now.   I hope everyone will have a nice weekend. 

Sooks
Inn Bellhop

View Profile
« Reply #13086 on: August 22, 2008, 10:39:32 pm »

What if I changed my last name to "Sixx"?? I have asked Marc what he would think...no reply, just a roll of the eyes. That's all I need. haha! I had just thought about, when reading it in your post, that it's an odd name and now, it's his legal name. I think that's funny! Maybe I'm really over tired 'cuz I can't sleep because I'm too excited for the Fair tomorrow?!

I totally know what you mean about getting an obsession - Kate. I am so there with ya! Sometimes, it's more than others. Though, now I wouldn't call my thoughts about Nikki, an obsession - alright, well, not all the time. Not the times when I'm ready to fly out to LA and track him down. Or when I'm thinking about how I can go to another state to stand in line and meet him again. But, most of the time, it's just nice thoughts about him and wishing him well. Wink

I hate feeling like I'm 80 and I'm no where NEAR that age! It sucks having your body fall apart, so true! I just dread having to take the steps to keep it in shape and working well. I think I dread what the outcome could be and don't think about just taking care of it and doing what I need to do so it won't become a big issue. I don't know why I can't think logical about it when I get ready to make the phone call to the doctor?! Ugh! I will make an appointment though, I have to. There's beginning to be no question about it. I just need to think positive and become brave!

Yeah, life has it's up's and down's and there's nothing we can do about it, except to get through as best we can. And the things that come along in our lives and trip us up, we have to try to view them as positively as we can and learn from them. I try to remember that, as hard as it may seem. I don't always do a good about thinking that way but I try. I find that by helping others and focusing on what they're going through, helps me a lot! I hope that is good for what I want to do in my long-term goal career. I know that I'll always have my "Issues" to deal with but everyone does and I'm not going to try to deny it. I won't dwell on the past, but as I've said in an earlier post, that past is what keeps me honest and real about who I am I think. It helps at least.

Well, it's too late to be thinking about such 'heavy' things right now. So, I'm gonna end this for now but wanted to write back to someone quick and then saw this post here! I can't resist!! haha!

My thoughts are with both of you -

((I'll respond more properly tomorrow when I return from the Fair))

~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
Lovefiend
Yale Alumnus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13087 on: August 23, 2008, 03:05:51 am »

Mel - there are totally dance politics!! insanely so!!! It's like High School all over again!!

Haha - that picture is so Helena!! I love the dress that's like 8 different patterns/types of material, and her hair full of random clips and looking like it's bene dreaded. I love Helena Cheesy And her and Tim are the perfect couple
She does have some awesome facials.
Helena has no tattoos, as of 2005 (Her last nude scenes), but she did have a fake one on her bum in Dancing Queen Smiley

I'm doing fine Cheri, just a little freaked out and drained Tongue Don't worry your pretty little head about not posting, you had no idea, and considering most of my posts are rambling incoherant bullshit, I totally understand that you missed it Smiley

I kind of agree about being gone. Spending years rotting in a grave really doesn't seem all that appealing to me. I could have myself hired out to necropheliacs once I die. God I think of some sick things. Although, I Was going to pimp myself out as a hooker for paedophiles. I look really young, so I'd be appealing. I'd make some cash, some kids wouldn't be raped, it seemed like everyone wins.

Oh, I'm so excited about Stump Kate!!! Just think of random things like umm, find me a picture of Helena wearing crocs. And I'll try and find it, or give up Cheesy Like the tatoo one, she doesn't have one, so I quit.
Although, if you want, I'll try find a shot from Dancing Queen.  *Toddles off*
Plus, it means ya'll get to see crazy pics of Helena.

Mel, it's so true about accepting the past, but moving on. It's one of those things that's great in theory, haha. I have  a few memories I'm not quite up to that bit with yet. But, anywho, ya'll don't wanna hear about that crap!!

Thanks so much for being there and supporting me guys Cheesy
I knew I could count on this thread to cheer me up!!

Some random pictures, because the game hasn't started yet:

« Last Edit: August 23, 2008, 05:49:12 am by Lovefiend » Logged

MiniPink
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #13088 on: August 23, 2008, 04:11:12 pm »

Okay, going through my last post I see that I thought that Kate put up that picture of Helena wearing the boots with the 'fancy' dress and it was actually Mel,  Sorry Mel.  And then I read where I said that the game should be called 'Stump Kate' but that sounds like I am calling you a stump.  I guess that it shoud be called 'Try to Stump Kate'.  I am starting to really loose it.  Sorry about that.  Lets see if I can do it right this time.

Mel,

That is funny about you thinking about changing your last name to 'Sixx"  I don't know what your real last name is so I don't know which would be better althought I do know that it thinking about changing your last name has nothing to do with which is better.  There were times in my younger days when I had a crush on an actor and in 'my world' I went by his last name.  I know that why you like Nikki Sixx isn't a cruch but admiration, but the kidding around about changing last names is kind of the same.

I am right there with you about making those stupid doctors appointments.  I think I hate the run arounds I get just trying to make the appointments even more then actually seeing the doctor.  It is really crazy.  Lets make it a contest to see who will make that appointment to get our knees checked out first.  The winner will be the one who gets to walk around without all the pain.  Cheesy

I wish that I had such a positive attitude about life like you do.  I am part way there, but nowhere like you.  It is so great that you can have that attitude about life and want to use it to help others.  You are amazing.

Kate,

The politics in dance is the same in skating.  I had to deal with so much politics coming from the other mom's that it was driving me crazy.  There was a lot of back stabing and criticizing and rudeness.  This was mostly from a lot of the moms more so than from the skaters.  I really liked it when Jillian got older and I didn't have to spend so much time at the rink but I hated it though that when I wasn't there they would attack Jillian.  Thankfully there weren't too many mom's and older skaters who got into it. 

I am glad that you are doing okay.  Hopefully not so freaked out and drained.  I hope that Helen isn't feeling so down.   I will always be here, because I can't be by your side, to support you the best that I can.  I'm not really good at comforting people when they need it.  I'm not very good with words and saying what I really feel and mean. It just isn't in my genetics I guess, but I do the best that I can.   

I never just don't feel like I want to post.  I would stay on here all the time if I didn't have other things to do.  I also have this one big problem of not always being able to come on when I want to because I have to deal with Erin wanting to be on here all the time she can.  To me nothing you and Mel say is rambling.  I enjoy reading and responding to everything that you say so you never have to appoligise about it as far as I am concerned.  I do admit that there are times when I have to get off because I have to get stuff done, or go somewhere, and I am on so late that I am so tired and can't see straight.  It's never that I just don't want to do it.

Those are really fun pics of Helena.  That middle one is, so very lady like Cheesy  Okay, here is one for you.  Find a picture of Helena dressed up pretty, not funky or bohemian.  Like for an awards show or premiere.  That is funny about the fake tatoo on her bum.

Well, the master is calling for his dinner so I better get going.  He has been in a mood for two days now and don't want it to get any worse. Cheesy  Talk to you later.  Have a great weekend.

Cheri

Lovefiend
Yale Alumnus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13089 on: August 24, 2008, 02:17:56 am »

Heya
The politics isn't other people being rude, it's  kind of complicated, but everyone at my dance school's really nice, luckily!!

It's nice you guys being there. I love knowing that I can come on here and type away, and you won't give me shit Smiley

Ok, some pretty pics:

MiniPink
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #13090 on: August 24, 2008, 04:31:39 pm »

Kate, you can come on here and say whatever you want and as much as you want and I will never give you shit for it.  Don't ever worry about that.  We are always here for you and for anyone else who wants to vent or needs a bit of comfort.  That's  what this is all about.  Friends being there for each other.  I will alway be here for you, well, until I am thrown to the wind. 

Okay your politics is different from what ours was.  I am glad that for you it isn't coming from the dancers and that they are nice.

Wow, you came up with some really pretty pics of Helena.   I like her funky side, but I really life her pretty side better.  I will have to give some thought for my next request. 

Hope your weekend has been good.  Mark and I just got home from visiting his parents and then going out for dinners and ice cream.  I am so stuffed!!!!  I feel like I won't be able to eat for a week but I am sure that before the night is over, I will be munching on something.  Can you say piggy?

Sooks
Inn Bellhop

View Profile
« Reply #13091 on: August 24, 2008, 08:38:15 pm »

I'm SO damn tired but wanted to throw one out there quick for Stump Kate - HBC Style (I added that little bit to the end of the game name. Tongue

Find a pic of Helena standing by a tree

And if there isn't a pic of her what we request you to find, you don't lose that one, because the pic doesn't exist, but only you know that, so we'd never know if it exists or not. Tongue It will be fun to just have you post random pics and find them - if they're out there.

I like that last set that you posted a lot! She's got so many different characteristics in the way she looks, I'm sure she's got just as many in her personality! She seems really fun and wild! I like that! Grin (She even looks super super pretty pregnant! Smiley)

Here's a few more of Nikki only because I think they both have one thing in common, they do what they want to do as far as style and dress and fashion - and they don't care what other people think. And they stand their own and are proud of it! And all the more power to them!

Those last two are older pics - well, the last one was older but not super old, as he just quit smoking. It's odd as he's stopped doing drugs, drinking, and now smoking. That's a long way he's come!

Anyway, I was watching the closing ceremony of the Olympics and my eyes were so heavy that I could have fallen asleep just sitting on the couch. I am off to bed now, but wanted to say hello to you each before doing so. I hope that you're both having a great evening/day! I'll be back to make a more proper post tomorrow when I return from work. Have a good start to the new week~

Mel

~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
Lovefiend
Yale Alumnus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13092 on: August 24, 2008, 10:41:55 pm »

Helena by trees:

Off to study Sad

MiniPink
MissV327
Inn Owner

Community Points: 147

~*~ Katy ~*~ aka Peachy Keen

View Profile
« Reply #13093 on: August 25, 2008, 11:12:09 am »

Hello world! It's me again.  Grin I'm just trying to get through the workday. I loathe Mondays. I can't remember who asked, but the reason I can get on the internet is because we don't have blocks on the internet when I sit at the front desk. I am only here for about an hour every day while the receptionist goes to lunch so that is why I am able to post on here while I am at work.  Smiley

Today it was pouring this morning when I got to work. Ugh. I stepped out of the car and my shoes got soaking wet. Not fun at all. At least I have a mini heater at my desk so I could dry them before it was time to go home. Soggy shoes are one of my pet peeves.

I'm on my third book in the Twilight series - Eclipse. It just got REALLY good. I'm on page 340 out of 629 total pages. My hubby is at work until 7 am tomorrow morning so I'll probably just read after I get home from work at 5:30.

I'm trying to build up my posts like you other guys on here, but I'm finding that I just don't have too much to say at one time.  Cheesy I guess I'm just boring. LOL.

"You silly little pickle! You silly little peas!" - Veggie Tales (Those sweet geniuses!)

"Let your heart guide you. It whispers...so listen carefully."
The Land Before Time

W.W.P.O.D. ?
steph_
Inn Owner

Community Points: 212

summertime!

View Profile
« Reply #13094 on: August 27, 2008, 05:22:20 pm »

HEELLLOOO WORLDD!!!! Smiley

ily nega, myra, narium and angela (L)
call me dybbi lmao nega and myra and narium Wink