GilmoreGirls.org Forum
July 01, 2022, 10:35:50 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Where do you see yourself in ten years?
She (or he) works hard for the money - 12 (11.8%)
Married and/or raising a family - 29 (28.4%)
Traveling the world of wonders - 6 (5.9%)
Hooray for Hollywood (rich and famous) - 9 (8.8%)
It doesn't matter as long as I'm happy - 30 (29.4%)
Retired - 0 (0%)
Other (elaborate in a post) - 8 (7.8%)
Where Heidi leads, I will follow - 8 (7.8%)
Total Voters: 99

Pages: 1 ... 869 870 [871] 872 873 ... 895
  Print  
Author Topic: Off Topic Thread - Because a lot has happened!  (Read 1844258 times)
Lovefiend
Yale Alumnus

Community Points: 905

Shary's Stalkee, Lexie is my lil sis/ R.I.P BF

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13050 on: August 16, 2008, 09:06:59 pm »

I'm not sure that I'm a good girlfriend, she just doesn't have much, so I want to give her what I can!!
I need to lose some weight too!! Iwas not comfortable walkign about with my stomach out last night, although Ryans Mum said 'oh, I like your belly', as if it was a shirt or shoes or something, but I think she was trying to make me feel better Cheesy

I just think marriage is tempting fate, ya know? When you say 'nnothing but death will bring us apart', you're just askin' for a hot little blonde or money problems, to get in there and try. I just don't feel it neccessary either

~I wish I could touch you again, I wish I could still call you friend, I'd give, anything... ~

MiniPink
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #13051 on: August 16, 2008, 09:17:06 pm »

I understand what you're saying - I hadn't looked at it that way, but see where you're coming from, regarding marriage. I don't know what will happen for our future, but whatever happens, it's the commitment you have between the two in the relationship, what you have inside your heart, that matters. And that is between you and the other person. It's no one else's business. That's how I feel, at least.

I think little bellies are cute! Not big ones like the one I posses! Tongue

What have you been doing for the weekend?
You're not preparing for any big exams next week, I hope.

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
Lovefiend
Yale Alumnus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13052 on: August 16, 2008, 09:41:08 pm »

I bet it's not that big!! And I love eth assumption that my belly is small!!
Not this week, but next I have midterms and an assignement due. Tongue
Haven't done much this weekend, went to the mall for a bit with Helly yesterday, went to my friends 21st, didn't go to work today cuz I was sick, and am leaving in a bit for dinner at my Mum's with my BFF!!

~I wish I could touch you again, I wish I could still call you friend, I'd give, anything... ~

MiniPink
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

View Profile
« Reply #13053 on: August 17, 2008, 12:10:04 pm »

Mmmmm...I hope dinner at your mom's was delicious! There's nothing like a good home cooked meal! Glad that you didn't do much this weekend, got time to rest up. I'm sorry that you weren't feeling good though. Hopefully, it has passed already. Good luck with preparing for and taking midterms next week!! You'll do great!

I'm still on cloud 9 after vacation! I can't let myself slip back into reality just yet! Tongue Tomorrow will definitely be a wake up call for me, at 4:45 AM when I'm to rise for work. Not looking forward to it but it will kick my butt into high gear for the week, I hope. Haha! I hope to do some more reading this afternoon and watch a bit more of the Olympics! I don't really like too many events in the summer Olympics, the winter ones are my favorites to watch. But, I've enjoyed following a few of the athletes through the trials and now the Olympics. It's fun to see how they do when they may or may not have done so well in the trials getting into the Olympics, however, they did well enough to make it. I wonder how hard your body has to push it self to do what these people do? It seems like torture to me in some of these events. Like the running, I think of how strong their knees must be to run that long and that far. Incredible what they do! I can't even imagine myself doing anything remotely that active and vigorous. I'll stick to reading on the couch for an afternoon's activity! HA!

Hope that everyone's having a great weekend - almost over and back to work on a regular week! But, the sun's shining so maybe I should try to get outside a bit and run down to the bookstore for some coffee and a read. And by run, I meant walk my lazy ass down there! Tongue   

~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
Lovefiend
Yale Alumnus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13054 on: August 17, 2008, 02:31:36 pm »

Well luckily Helen cooks a lot, so I get a lot of home cooked meals!! Actually, she cooked at my Mum's!
I just go there to see my Mum really, and make fun of her and my brother. My brother's finally in a place wher eyou can take the piss out of him, which is cool, cuz he has such a great sense of humour.

I didn't really get time to rest, lol, I got hom at 2am, and was up until 7, dealing with my stomach, and then woke up again about 11 becuase of my stomach,  I wasn't too happy,I tell ya!!!!
I hate the Olympics. I think it's such a waste of money, that could be spent on other things, far more important to mankind than celebrating physical prowess. Organised sporting competition harks back to the caveman period, when the stronger a man was, the better her could provide, this isn't the case anymore, yet for some reason, some folk still feel the need for the occasional pre- Homo sapien display of strength.

Well, time to wander on up to the medical building to study before my lecture Tongue
Have a great day everyone!!

MiniPink
cherilee13
Diner Chef

Community Points: 364

View Profile
« Reply #13055 on: August 17, 2008, 08:29:34 pm »

Wow, I have been off here for less then a day and I feel like it has been a week what with everything you two have been talking about.  I will try to catch up. 

(Big Breath in, Big Breath out) 

MEL ~ It is really great to have you back again. You were missed. I have never seen the Atlantic from New York but I have seen it from Maine, Massachusetts [really beautiful off Cape Cod] and several spots along the coast of Florida. The Pacific I have seen from San Francisco down to Long Beach.  The drive down the Pacific Coast Highway is beautiful.  I think that is what it is called.  Highway 1.  I would really love to see either coast again, but I doubt if that will ever happen.  Although the oceans are beautiful and I would rather be close by them, I really love it here in Michigan.  It really doesn't take that much time to get to any of the Great Lakes and it is really beautiful there, too.  I really love it up north and in the UP.  So beautiful and peaceful.  My favorite place in the UP is Munising and going in the boats along Pictured Rocks.  The beaches there are really great. 

Kate ~ yeah, family is really great to have.  I wish that things could be better between my brother and myself, but he brought it on and did nothing to correct it.  My biggest regret about it is that my nephew, my brother's son, and his wife are expecting a baby around my birthday in January and I doubt if I will ever see him/her because they are taking my brother's side, of course.  Thank god again for Mark's family where we have 13 nieces and nephews  (including the spouces) and 4 great nieces and nephews.  And then there are our three as well.   Well enough on Mark's family. 

That's Helena's mom in your sig?  That's cool.  It is adorable.

Well, Kate, you don't have to go back to smoking because "that's what you do".  You can show her that you can change and quit for good.  I know that it will be hard, but I have faith that you can do it.  You have support from me even though I am so very far away.  Please try.  And Mel, it is great that you have quit, too.  I hope you can stick with it as well.  You have my support, too.  I am closer to you, but it is still a long way when I am only able to be there like this to support you. 

It was really great to hear that the dressing up like Britney was for a party and not something that you just decided to do.  As you can tell, I am not a Britney fan.  I like what your friend Shane said.  That was good Cheesy'

Yeah, the belt does excite me. Cheesy.  I hope that I don't make you made when I say things about your wardrobe.  I am sure that you have a lot of good items, I just hear about the fun stuff.  My wardrobe is so dull anymore.  I guess that is what happens when you get old.  I wish that I could lose weght.  Since I haven't been able to work I have put on weight and it isn't good. 

I am so excited for you.  That is going to make Helen's birthday so special for her and for you.  Even if you don't get married, getting engaged is still really very special and will bring the two of you even closer then you are now.  It is amazing news.  I will be sitting on pins and needles until October 24 (the day after the big question popping day) when we hope that you will tell us about it .  Helen is lucky to have you and you are lucky to have her.  You wanting to give Helen what you can right there makes you a great girlfriend.  My best to both of you.

I understand how you feel about marriage, Mel.  It can be scarry and unpredictable especailly with the divorce rates now a days.  A lot of people are going other ways to avoid all of that.  Just look at a lot of the stars.  Charlez Theron & Stewart Thownsend, Susan Surandon & Tim Robbins and so on.  That is how a lot of people are doing it and it is working out great for them.  Mark and I got married young, when we were only 22 and at that time the divorce rate wasn't so high.  You do have to put an effort into the marriage, but they can work.  We have been married for 35 years and never any big fights (which kind of sucks because everyone says makeup sex is the best and I have never been able to get it Tongue).  I know, I am old, but I still feel young.  That should count for something in life.  We didn't have a big wedding.  It was just in the church chapel and there were only 75 guests.  It was really perfect.  Small yet beautiful.  I would hate it if you didn't get married just because you are afraid that it might not work out.  Crazy comparison but just think of what Lorelai said about opening the Inn with Sookie, "If we go down in two years, it will have been the best two years of our lives" or something like that.  Yeah, I know a marriage isn't the same as a business, but you get what I mean.  You just can't go into it thinking that it is going to fail.  You have to be positive.   Kate, vows can be changed to say what ever you want them to say. Okay, said more about that then I had planned to or that you wanted to hear.  Sorry about the rambling.  Just my thoughts to take or leave.  Marriage isn't for everyone and you can still have a very close and loving relationship without it.  I do understand where both of you are coming from. 

I like the self esteem fairy that you sent to Mel.  I love Tink.  I guess she is moonlighting now Tongue  I know how you feel, Mel.  I hope that Tink's powers and your will power will help you get to where you want to be soon.  I am in denial about my weight.  The only bad thing about that is that when I see myself in a mirror, which is as few of times as possible, I am shocked at how I look.  I am bound and determined to loose some weight before Thanksgiving so I won't feel so self concious around Mark's family.  Wish me luck.
Hopefully the three of us can reach our goals. 

Sorry to hear that you weren't feeling good yesterday, Kate.  I hope that you are feeling better.  It is really nice to have someone cook good meals for you.  Well, I guess it is.  I wouldn't know since I am the only one who cooks around here Tongue  I hope that you had a great time at you mom's  and didn't give it to your brother too bad.   

Okay, I like both of your opinions regarding the olympics.  I think that I will stay out of that conversation, though. Undecided 

Hope you both had a good weekend.  I really didn't do much but I did go for a ride through the park and stopped along the way by a little lake to read.  I also had nice conversations with a couple of people who walked by while I was there.  I spent about five hours there.  It was really beautiful.  The lake, the weather, the people, the book.  I really like just taking a little time for me. 

Well better get going before this gets way to long.  I hope that it makes sence.  I had to keep going back and forth after reading each of your posts so it may not sound right and I don't have the time to go back and correct anything.  Hope that the two of you haven't minded me butting into your conversation.  I got to thinking that I should just not post this but I also figured that I already took the time to write it so I might as well just post it.  Don't be mad. 

Sig by Sooks/Mel ~ Thank you sweet friend
Lovefiend
Yale Alumnus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13056 on: August 17, 2008, 11:07:36 pm »

Woweee. I feel like I could write a book report on your post, Cheri!!!

Yeah, family can be great, I too don't talk to all of my family. I rarely see my Dad (I have to go see him on the 29th), for a bunch of reasons that aren't worth going into now, and one of my little brothers I don't see anymore, and another I only see very occasionally, and I've been through periods of not seeing them all.
Yup, that's Helena's Mum, Elena. They're very cute, she always takes her to premiers and stuff, she lived at home until she was 30!!!! Cuz she didn't wanna leave her Mum.

I know I don't have to go back to smoking, but I probably will. 

I do have some boring clothes. I'm wearing plain black pantsn right now, they're pretty boring. But I am wearing an organge and red striped top, and a red fluffy jacket, and a white knitted hat that's eight times too big for me (It's Helen's), so even when wearing something boring, I can still make it look like a disaster. I think I dress like Helena Bonham Carter on acid.  Because I dress a lot like her, but she wears mostly dark clothes, I wear lots of bright colors. So if she tripped out and went clothes shopping, she'd end up looking like me, I think. Except that she wears crocs. I despite crocs. I cried when I saw the picture, and a little bit of my soul died.
I need to lose weight too. I have weight issues, lol.

Does it make you feel better to know I had gained 20 kg?? Or 44lbs?? In about 2 years-ish.

I'm really glad your marriage is going great, Cheri, and I have nothing against other people getting married, but for me personally, unless it's a drunken Vegas situation, I will probably never get married. This is someting I've known since I Was about 6, I have very strong views on the matter.Smiley

MiniPink
cherilee13
Diner Chef

Community Points: 364

View Profile
« Reply #13057 on: August 18, 2008, 05:22:37 pm »

Well, Kate, I think that it would be a very boring book report, but that is funny Cheesy.  Yeah, it was another one a bit on the long side Tongue

It would be good if you could quit smoking all together but if you can't, atleast for every time you do quit, even if for just a short time, it does help a little.  I hope.

Wow, Helena on Acid.  Hmmmm, there's a picture in my mind.  I agree with you with the crocs.  I was a bit disappointed when Sookie showed up with them on in the show.  Sorry that Helena made a bit of your soul die.  I hope that it has repaired itself and you have been able to forgive her.  I would really like to see Helena and her mom together.  Do you know of anything on youtube with them?

I understand what you are saying about not wanting to get married.  It isn't necessary for or wanted by everyone.  Strong relationships are what count no matter how they are celebrated.  I don't think that any of my kids are going to get married.  Keith is content to be a bachalor, Jillian is living with her boyfriend and she is good with where they are and Erin, I just don't know where she is in her mind about all of that.  She isn't seeing anyone right now.  Marriage is the way that I wanted to go and I thank my lucky stars that Mark and I have been able to succeed at it.  We are surrounded by many people, friends and family, who are now divorced, some two or three times.  We just click and it works for us.  I want you to be happy no matter what you do.  That is what counts.

Sig by Sooks/Mel ~ Thank you sweet friend
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

View Profile
« Reply #13058 on: August 18, 2008, 08:34:03 pm »

Cheri - I know that marriages can work. My parents have been married for 35 years as well. They didn't marry so young, but they have been making it work. I don't know how they do it sometimes, but it's a commitment that they have taken very seriously. I know many other people who have had very successful marriages and for them, it's going well. There have been some people who have had to work very hard it making their marriage work, they almost didn't make it but finally got things turned around and now are doing quite well. I'm not putting it out of the question. I know that it can work beautifully, like anything else in life, you have to work hard at it and it can be sensational. I think after I get over being so scared about it, I might feel more confident about it. Deep down inside, deep, deep, down inside, I really do want to get married. I don't want to be engaged forever. I just don't want to start something I'm not 100% certain I can't finish. I don't know why I feel that way about this - because I've started many things that I wasn't certain I woudl finished and haven't finished in my lifetime. I don't know, I can't explain how I feel about it all right now and there are so many unknown feelings around the subject, I probably shouldn't have brought it back up again. But, I wanted to say that I'm so glad that you and Mark have been doing well and have had such a wonderful marriage! I hope that it continues to go so well! I wish you nothing but the very best in happiness and love together!

I totally get what you mean about thinking that you'll go back to smoking again, Kate. For a long while I had thought that too. I did go back several times after "quitting" but this time, it's been working for me. We'll see. I often wondered how I could stop the drugs and not the smoking. It was the last to go for me, but I often feel myself saying, it's not the worst thing in the world. I guess, there are always worse things, but it's all in what you want to do and what you feel important in your life, for you. I have mixed feelings about the whole health issue of smoking. But, we'll save that for another time. I don't feel like getting into it all right now...

I learned a lot about gymnastics in the Olympics today. I know that you said you weren't going to chime in on this subject, Cheri but I was excited to learn something new about that event in the Olympics today. It was more about the judging and the scoring. But, something new is always appreciated! I have more respect for those in gymnastics than I had before. It's fun to watch! I'm still not totally into the whole Olympic thing though...I want my normal weekly TV shows back! Sad haha!

Well, I wrote a long enough post in the Midwest post so I'm going to call it a night for now. I'm sorry if I didn't address something that has been posted about. I hope that you're both having a grand week and are doing well!! Keep smiling and thank you for the smiles here! Grin Take good care~

~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
Lovefiend
Yale Alumnus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13059 on: August 19, 2008, 04:57:20 am »

I don't thinkt here's anything of them together on youtube, although you'd think there would be. Hmm..... I may have to go do some sleuthing. I have a bunch of pics though, of them both, if that helps!!

Yay, I've almost finished my essay!! But I'monly starting to study for midterms Sad This semester has gone by so fast. I like, blinked and missed half of it.

I went to see Wanted today.  It was okay, but If eel I could've gotten the same results by playing Mr and Mrs Smith and Fight Club simultaneously. It's basically just a mix of those two!! Twas ok though, made me laugh a little bit, made me sigh a little bit, made me try and smush some pie against the screen into Angelina's mouth a little bit.  She's hot, but man, where's the rest of her?!!?

My hair's finally getting long again, yay!!! I feel naked without long hair, and often, I'm literally naked without long hair.

*Goes off to upload as many pics of Helena and her Mum as she can find to photobucket* (But will probably be back to post them, and add more useless crap to my post)

Ok, I'm back!! (I was doing the girl from poltergeists' voice, by the way)
These are all the pics I have of Helena and her Mama
My apologies to all those who  don't want to see pictures of Helena!
Warning, lots of pictures follow:

This one has a baby Billy in a pushchair too!!

The pics fromthe sig I made:

Oscars 99: (I'm thinking she was there to hold Helena up, cuz she was fucking skinny there)

« Last Edit: August 19, 2008, 06:08:11 am by Lovefiend » Logged

MiniPink
MissV327
Inn Owner

Community Points: 147

~*~ Katy ~*~ aka Peachy Keen

View Profile
« Reply #13060 on: August 19, 2008, 01:25:31 pm »

Just wanted to drop in and say hello. Such long posts! I'm very impressed! One day I hope to achieve such long post-dom! LOL. Today has felt like the longest day ever. I just want to go home and take a nap. Or maybe just curl up in bed with my book. I haven't been watching the Olympics lately. Those gymnasts especially make me nervous!

"You silly little pickle! You silly little peas!" - Veggie Tales (Those sweet geniuses!)

"Let your heart guide you. It whispers...so listen carefully."
The Land Before Time

W.W.P.O.D. ?
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

View Profile
« Reply #13061 on: August 19, 2008, 04:15:43 pm »

WOW! Those pics of Helena and her mum are brilliant! I love the two of them together! My favorites are the first one and the fourth one from the top! It look like they're having a great time in some of them. I think they are both very pretty, but very different from each other. Thanks for taking the time to upload those and share them, Kate! I hope that your lecture went well and that you got some time to study before hand. I saw in another thread that you want to do some studying in England. That would rock! When we meet up there - we will have a kick ass time, so don't plan to study too hard! Tongue I'm glad that your hair is growing long! I hate having hair on the back of my neck for some reason. I can't get past that. I have it longer but it bugs me. I hope to get over that sometime. I'd like to try long hair again. Oh and I forgot to tell you that I enjoyed reading about your visits to your mum's. I didn't know Helen cooks when you go to your mum's house! That's funny! I'm glad that you enjoy being around your brother. A good sense of humor is a must for sure! Thanks again for loading those pics, I like them a lot! I have really learned a lot about Helen - thanks to you! Wink

Hey Katy! Glad that you're getting more time to post these days! Sorry that your day was so long. Hope you found something to pass the time more quickly for you. I was watching the male divers last night and couldn't stop watching for some reason. It went on pretty late too - and I have to wake up super early each morning so that wasn't good. Yes, the gymnasts need to be very careful and know what they're doing. I get nervous watching them sometimes. What do you have planned for the weekend, anything fun?

Today was an alright day. Nothing major happened, but that's alright sometimes. I wish it would rain to cool things off around here a bit. I just learned that one of my favorite bands will be here this October and then another good band that I've seen once prior, will be here in November. I love music! But, doesn't everyone?! Tongue I keep thinking about my future and what I want to do. I think I shocked a co-worker today when I was talking about what I wanted to do in the future and knowing that I didn't want to stay in HR for the rest of my life. It's something like the average person has about 4-5 different careers in their life, different fields. I don't know that I want to be in that many different fields, but I do want to change it up a bit. I don't see myself staying anywhere for a really long time. I like change too much!

Well, I'll quit rambling on. I don't want this post to get any longer. I think I'm boring people and don't want to do that! Smiley I hope everyone's having a great night! Enjoy whatever you're doing! I'll be back...

~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
Lovefiend
Yale Alumnus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13062 on: August 19, 2008, 04:49:57 pm »

Hey Katy!!
I ove the gymnastics, its the only sport I ike to watch, it's so stunning!!!

Mel, it's not probem, it was kind of fun.
OH, we should start a picture scvenger hunt!!!!Like, I'd say 'find me a picture with Helena, her Mum,and a coffee cup, and you'd post th e picture, and say like 'find me a picture of Helena on Conan O Brien' and I'd post that and soforth. But it'd be with Gilmore Girls stufff. Athough, that mightnot work so well, since not everyone has screencaps, or screencapping ability. It was on an Angelina JOlie forum, anyway, it was fun. I might suggest it on the Helena forum, although, al the people over there are annoying.
Ok, random thought for the day over.
Yeah, Helly often cooks, Sundays are 'baking days', and she always bakes something, and sometimes she cooks dinner too!
My brother tried to kill himself in 2004, he was a drug addict and really depressed, so you can see why I'm enjoying his sense of himour nowadays!!

MiniPink
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

View Profile
« Reply #13063 on: August 19, 2008, 05:41:24 pm »

OH that sounds like great fun!! We could do it with Helena here and we could suggest to do it with GG stuff in the games thread...I mean YOU could suggest it! Smiley I don't know where to find good Helena pictures - but I have so enjoyed researching her history and achievements! I'm up for the challenge...bring it on, girl!

Glad that you get some good baked goods...oh wait, are they special baked goods? Wink

Alright, I'm off before I get myself into trouble. I'm terribly giddy tonight for some reason....

~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
Lovefiend
Yale Alumnus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13064 on: August 19, 2008, 06:08:00 pm »

Sure, if you wanna play with Helena pics, I'm all up for it!!

Nah, just regular goods, Helly's never done drugs. Except for when we boxed her by accident once (Whoops!), and she still denies that it happened.

Ok, so, we're playing?
I'll start out easy - find me a picture of Helena with Kate Winset

MiniPink
Pages: 1 ... 869 870 [871] 872 873 ... 895
  Print  

Jump to: