GilmoreGirls.org Forum
June 26, 2022, 11:46:49 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Where do you see yourself in ten years?
She (or he) works hard for the money - 12 (11.8%)
Married and/or raising a family - 29 (28.4%)
Traveling the world of wonders - 6 (5.9%)
Hooray for Hollywood (rich and famous) - 9 (8.8%)
It doesn't matter as long as I'm happy - 30 (29.4%)
Retired - 0 (0%)
Other (elaborate in a post) - 8 (7.8%)
Where Heidi leads, I will follow - 8 (7.8%)
Total Voters: 99

Pages: 1 ... 844 845 [846] 847 848 ... 895
  Print  
Author Topic: Off Topic Thread - Because a lot has happened!  (Read 1839081 times)
ImAGilmoreGirl
Official Gilmore Girl

Community Points: 1248

P!nk concert; a night to remember.

View Profile
« Reply #12675 on: April 24, 2008, 05:20:27 pm »

Things have definitely died down a bit...lots of people are busy bees. I'm trying to post more often but with school winding down it's not as easy as I'd like it to be  Cheesy

At school, there was an outside event I was helping to run yesterday and I was outside for a good 7 hours.....without sunblock. NOT GOOD! My arms are so red and they hurt! Always wear sunblock...always!  Cheesy

*Puts sunblock on*  Cool hehehe

That'll learn ya!! Wink

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than fucKin perfect, pretty pretty please if you ever ever feel like you're nothing; you're fucKin perfect to me ♥

Zachery Walker born 12.10.10
the girls4ever
Town Selectman

Community Points: 727

He's Dazzling

View Profile
« Reply #12676 on: April 24, 2008, 05:23:36 pm »

Things have definitely died down a bit...lots of people are busy bees. I'm trying to post more often but with school winding down it's not as easy as I'd like it to be  Cheesy

At school, there was an outside event I was helping to run yesterday and I was outside for a good 7 hours.....without sunblock. NOT GOOD! My arms are so red and they hurt! Always wear sunblock...always!  Cheesy

That'll learn ya!! Wink

Lesson definitely learned  Nod

P.S. Mel you're so close to 10,000!!! I want to be here for the historic moment  Cheesy

-Laura-

Twilight
70% Headliner 30% Literati, Java Junkie always
Brenda is my partner in crime~Love to the Sprees & Lits
ImAGilmoreGirl
Official Gilmore Girl

Community Points: 1248

P!nk concert; a night to remember.

View Profile
« Reply #12677 on: April 24, 2008, 05:25:57 pm »

My sister is actually considering going to the beach today, wow i hope she wears suncream.....

*wonders if she should carry on with 1 more post?*

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than fucKin perfect, pretty pretty please if you ever ever feel like you're nothing; you're fucKin perfect to me ♥

Zachery Walker born 12.10.10
kamibeaR
Diner Chef

Community Points: 452

Elphaba, Elphie, Fabala, Fae

View Profile
« Reply #12678 on: April 24, 2008, 07:01:27 pm »

That'll learn ya!! Wink

Ohmigosh, Laura! You need to be careful, dork. Wink

I'm always cautious when it comes to wearing sunblock because my skin burns so easy. Plus.. well the word c-a-n-c-e-r scares me. Speaking of which, I have this really awesome moisturizer that I use on my face and it has SPF so I don't need to freak about getting my face gross and oily from regular sunblock.

Can I hear a WOOHOO for me finally finishing my paper! I've had Evanescence songs in my head for the past two weeks (since I had to analyze one of their songs). It's actually been nice to revisit that band since I hadn't listened to them in so long prior to getting the assignment. I hope I never have to poeticaly break down a song again for a long time. It was hard!

*Kami*

"You know black, is this years pink!"

Sig by Laura.

Hearts Wicked and Twilight
Honourary Aussie
SPREE
Java Junkie
Narco/Headliner
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1944

View Profile
« Reply #12679 on: April 24, 2008, 07:04:43 pm »

WooHoo for you Kami.  You obviously got past that stumbling block we were talking about yesterday!

Congratulations on your efforts and I'll keep my fingers crossed for a great result for you.

Please read Forum Rules
kamibeaR
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #12680 on: April 24, 2008, 07:54:29 pm »

WooHoo for you Kami.  You obviously got past that stumbling block we were talking about yesterday!

Congratulations on your efforts and I'll keep my fingers crossed for a great result for you.

I usually hear some people mention how they work better under pressure. I never thought I was like that because I need to get papers and stuff done as soon as I can so I'm not stressing. But after today I just may be somewhat of a "under stress worker." I needed to finish my paper so that I could start studying for my test and I went through my final two paragraphs pretty quickly. That's actually where I stopped last night while we were chatting because I didn't understand the final stanza of the song. I finally got it today, and the only thing I had trouble with was trying to put my thoughts into words. Hehehe, thanks for the support! Grin Now I'm reviewing for the test! We're going to have an essay portion and need to choose a topic from 2 choices. I'm trying to make that decision now, so I can hopefully get an outline started so I'm not stuck just staring at my bluebook tomorrow while in class, lol.

*Kami*

Sig by Laura.

Honourary Aussie
SPREE
Java Junkie
Narco/Headliner
Lovefiend
Yale Alumnus

Community Points: 905

Shary's Stalkee, Lexie is my lil sis/ R.I.P BF

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12681 on: April 24, 2008, 11:07:46 pm »

Or Kate. Or a lot of people!

Sorry!!
I've done jack all the last couple off weeks, I've had tests all over the place! And birthdays, and anniversaries and whatnot, it's been insane!!

Congrats Mel!! You crazy, crazy fiend!!! It much feel good to be official, huh???

~I wish I could touch you again, I wish I could still call you friend, I'd give, anything... ~

MiniPink
Kupo
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 242

Special K

View Profile
« Reply #12682 on: April 25, 2008, 09:17:15 pm »

Ok, I know, I also posted this in the kiddies thread, but I recorded a new song!  Tongue

Everyone needs to know, you know...

Clicky: www.myspace.com/urchinfeeder

EDIT: If the song 'Electrical Cords' isn't up yet, just try later. Apparently my friend said it's not there for them..
« Last Edit: April 25, 2008, 09:31:15 pm by Kupo » Logged

Sig made by me, 'cause I'm awesome and unique!
kamibeaR
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #12683 on: April 29, 2008, 04:20:43 pm »

Here I am once again ready to yank out my hair due to the frustration of completing a friggin paper. I get to contrast two poems this time! I'm a bit disappointed in myself because this is the latest I have ever waited to write a paper.. it's due tomorrow! This calls for posting one of my favorite Lorelai rants:

"I'm writing a letter, I can't write a letter, why can't I write a letter? I am wearing a green dress, I wish I was wearing my blue dress, my blue dress is at the cleaners, the Germans wore grey, you wore blue Casablance, Casablanca is such a good movie, Casablanca the white house, Bush, why don't I drive a hybrid car?, I should really drive a hybrid car, I should really take my bicycle to work, bicycle, unicycle, unitard, hockey puck, rattle snake, monkey monkey underpants."

*Kami*

Sig by Laura.

Honourary Aussie
SPREE
Java Junkie
Narco/Headliner
wmushell
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 950

View Profile
« Reply #12684 on: April 29, 2008, 05:39:42 pm »

Poor Kam Bam!  But don't stress.  I truly believe the most creative ideas come from "panic mode" of having to finish it.  And - yes!  I also believe that I don't procrastinate but work better under pressure!!!  Nod

In all seriousness, my best work at uni came at desperate moments in the middle of the night when visions of flunking out scared me into cranking it out.   Wink

Hang in there, chica!  Monkey, monkey underpants!

the girls4ever
Town Selectman

He's Dazzling

View Profile
« Reply #12685 on: April 29, 2008, 05:53:44 pm »

Think happy thoughts Kami! I always wait until the night before to write a paper....I wish I wasn't such a bad procrastinator  Cheesy

*hug*

-Laura-

Twilight
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1944

View Profile
« Reply #12686 on: April 29, 2008, 06:19:29 pm »

Think happy thoughts Kami! I always wait until the night before to write a paper....I wish I wasn't such a bad procrastinator  Cheesy

*hug*

LOL - on the contrary Laura.  Leaving things to the last night would indicate that you are indeed a good procrastinator.  I should know.... I'm one also.

Good luck Kami -  You'll pull it off.  And this last minute panic thing is required.  As Shell said it rams it home that you are going to fail if you don't and subsequently you end up finding the angle/inspiration you need.

Kupo:   I had a listen and was wondering where you do this recording.  Do you do that at home?  Very cool page by the way.  Gonna go back to have a better listen when I have a bit more time, but I'm very intrigued.

Please read Forum Rules
the girls4ever
Town Selectman

He's Dazzling

View Profile
« Reply #12687 on: April 29, 2008, 06:53:03 pm »

*hug*

LOL - on the contrary Laura.  Leaving things to the last night would indicate that you are indeed a good procrastinator.  I should know.... I'm one also.

Touche, my friend. Well then I wish I wasn't such a good procrastinator  Wink  Darn the allure of anything but school work!

-Laura-

Twilight
kamibeaR
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #12688 on: April 29, 2008, 07:52:58 pm »

Hehehe, thanks guys for the comforting words! I know it looks bad that I'm at the ORG now, but this is in between thoughts! I keep getting writers block. Angry But thoughts of "ohmigosh I always turn in my work" and "what if I don't get this done! It's already going to be 8!" keep running through my mind and I'm trying to pour out words as good as I can.

Oh Laura you mentioned that you were going to look into reading Twilight and I had to say hoorah! Whenever you start that, we'll be able to talk about Grey's AND Twilight! Grin

Today I had a math test and the class was in a panic because the chapter we were on was so difficult. I was in the math lab before class getting in some last minute craming and was eventually joined by 4 other kids from class. Of course we were chattering nonstop with things that had nothing to do with math! But the test wasn't too bad. I know what (few) mistakes I made.

*Kami*

Sig by Laura.

Honourary Aussie
SPREE
Java Junkie
Narco/Headliner
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #12689 on: April 29, 2008, 08:24:59 pm »

HELLO m'friends!!

Kupo Glad to know you're still doing recording and can't wait to listen to your newest song. Thanks for sharing it here! I'll check out your myspace too. Gotta love myspace! How's life? Anything fun and new?? Glad to see you're around! Grin

Kami Whoo Hoo! Way to finish that paper! High Five I know what you were saying up there, about finishing things under pressure. Until this past year, I hadn't thought I was one of those people either, but it works well for me sometimes. Though, I'd prefer to get things done in advanced so I'm not so stressed out. I don't like stress in my life and am trying to find ways to cut it out of my life. Anyway, glad you got it finished! You can only do as best you can and that's all you can ask! I'm sure that math went well for you! And hopefully, it's all down hill from here for the rest of the week?? I've missed hearing from you and about what's going on with your life! Glad to see you!! Grin Wicked forever!! I may get to Chicago to see it, did I tell you??!! I'm so excited. More on that later.

Laura Laura! Laura! How's every little thing?! I hope that you're doing well! So glad that you're still around...and sporting such a great sig!

Kate How's life treating you?? Oh hello! And goodbye for now...but I shall return. Hope that you're doing well and same for Helen. Glad to see you're able to find some time to post. Smiley

Shell & Caryn You two make me smile! Grin Hope you're doing well, silly girls!

Mel Hope your sister had fun at the beach!! The beach...oh how I'd love to be there right now! haha! How are you?? Haven't heard from you in awhile. I left you a cheerful myspace message! Hope you're doing well! Smiley Keep your head up!

Think happy thoughts! Think happy thoughts! That's what I need to do a lot of right now, so thanks for the good reminder, Laura!

I'm heading to log off for the night but had to stop and check in. Things are super crazy and chaotic right now but I have to believe that things will calm down in the near future! Whatever you're doing, remember to enjoy the moments and don't wish them away. You'll never get them back!

Glad to see there's still activity going on! I'll try my hardest to come around more often, I miss this place and YOU!! *pretty sticks* to you all because I can! Tongue
« Last Edit: April 29, 2008, 08:26:54 pm by Sooks » Logged

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
Pages: 1 ... 844 845 [846] 847 848 ... 895
  Print  

Jump to: