GilmoreGirls.org Forum
November 27, 2021, 06:27:18 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Where do you see yourself in ten years?
She (or he) works hard for the money - 12 (11.8%)
Married and/or raising a family - 29 (28.4%)
Traveling the world of wonders - 6 (5.9%)
Hooray for Hollywood (rich and famous) - 9 (8.8%)
It doesn't matter as long as I'm happy - 30 (29.4%)
Retired - 0 (0%)
Other (elaborate in a post) - 8 (7.8%)
Where Heidi leads, I will follow - 8 (7.8%)
Total Voters: 99

Pages: 1 ... 843 844 [845] 846 847 ... 895
  Print  
Author Topic: Off Topic Thread - Because a lot has happened!  (Read 1618182 times)
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1944

View Profile
« Reply #12660 on: April 04, 2008, 07:38:43 pm »

I get that completely Mel.  My sister has also had operation/day procedures and had ovaries stuck to her walls and blocked tubes etc., so I have some understanding of what you must be going through as we are very close.

My sister has also been against IVF for the longest time (very stressful time) however now that her run for Clomid is nearing, and having had no success, she has vowed she'll do whatever it takes. 

I wish you all the best hun.

How slim are the chances with clomid? do i have a higher chance or. ?? i'm starting today... i forgot i had to count the "spotting" as day 1.
I will keep everyone updated. and thanks for the kind thoughts, it's going to be really tough time from now i think!

It most definately increases your chance Mel.  For a high percentage of women this is all the body needs to get things kick started.  From what I've read, the most success for people using Clomid occurs in the first three months.  And I know many people from my Playgroup and Kinder circles that this has been the case for.  So stay positive, and more importantly don't stress, because that is never good for the process. 

Please read Forum Rules
ImAGilmoreGirl
Official Gilmore Girl

Community Points: 1248

P!nk concert; a night to remember.

View Profile
« Reply #12661 on: April 04, 2008, 07:44:15 pm »

Caryn, good!
I have read about it but i've also heard different stories about it all the time.
The thing i'm not looking forward to is the side affects.
My gyno told me i may have a chance for it to happen on my first month; lets see huh!
And i won't stress and i'll also try not to think about it either Smiley

Also, Tnx Brenda.

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than fucKin perfect, pretty pretty please if you ever ever feel like you're nothing; you're fucKin perfect to me ♥

Zachery Walker born 12.10.10
Lovefiend
Yale Alumnus

Community Points: 905

Shary's Stalkee, Lexie is my lil sis/ R.I.P BF

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12662 on: April 04, 2008, 07:44:39 pm »

It depends what's actually wrong as to how high a chance you have. It basically increases oestrogen, causing ovulation, if you're not ovulating, or you have other problems relating to low oestrogen. If you're levels are all fine, and you're ovulating fine, it won't have any effect.
But, on the other hand, if that is your problem, it works very very well.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 07:48:08 pm by Lovefiend » Logged

~I wish I could touch you again, I wish I could still call you friend, I'd give, anything... ~

MiniPink
ImAGilmoreGirl
Official Gilmore Girl

View Profile
« Reply #12663 on: April 04, 2008, 07:51:07 pm »

Kate, how do you know all this? have you studied  this before or something? You seem to have good answers to my/our questions!!
but, this is why they are trying me on clomid, with my tube blocked, they are still not sure if i'm ovulating or not so theyre trying this..
« Last Edit: April 04, 2008, 07:58:35 pm by ImAGilmoreGirl » Logged

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than fucKin perfect, pretty pretty please if you ever ever feel like you're nothing; you're fucKin perfect to me ♥

Lovefiend
Yale Alumnus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12664 on: April 04, 2008, 07:54:53 pm »

I'm currently (as in, I;m being examined on Thursday!) studying a paper to do with embryogensis and implantation, and last semester one of my med sci papers was all to do with reproduction, and the hormones involved and whatnot. So, unfortunatly, I know more than I ever wanted to about pregnancy!!!! And I must say, I've been put off entirely!! Hehehe.
Do they know why you're not ovulating? If that's what it is?

~I wish I could touch you again, I wish I could still call you friend, I'd give, anything... ~

MiniPink
Lorelailovr1043
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 187

Lorelai & Paul Anka...pets can be comforting!

View Profile
« Reply #12665 on: April 04, 2008, 07:59:31 pm »

Hey everyone!

Just wanted to let you know I have another GG board and you all should become members! As soon as we get enough, we can have contests and win prizes! Please JOIN today!

Thanks

http://gilmoregirlfans.proboards61.com/index.cgi

~Java Junkie~Headliner~Foodie~Part Literati

Thanks for making this for me Lucie!

I love to give pretty sticks for funny or random posts...or just something that I liked!
ImAGilmoreGirl
Official Gilmore Girl

View Profile
« Reply #12666 on: April 04, 2008, 07:59:50 pm »

No, they  can't work out what the problem is.
they have tried everything. hence why i'm now on clomid.

Lovefiend
Yale Alumnus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12667 on: April 04, 2008, 08:17:40 pm »

Ah well, hopefully it will work!!!
If your oestrogen is all screwy, it would explain possibly your tubes being all messed up, because all the hormones and whatnot are connected, so if there's a problem with one, they all go haywire!! It's such a finely tuned machine, everything's needed to be right for it to work!!

MiniPink
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1944

View Profile
« Reply #12668 on: April 04, 2008, 08:20:16 pm »

Sounds like the exact same path my sister has taken Mel.  Although interestingly enough in the first few months she did some ovulation kit tests and they were showing her ovulating.  But now it's been almost 12 months and the last month she did the test every day of her cycle and nothing!!  So she has an appointment with her gyno to find out the next step.

Please read Forum Rules
ImAGilmoreGirl
Official Gilmore Girl

View Profile
« Reply #12669 on: April 05, 2008, 12:58:33 am »

Caryn, i was interested in taking the O testings but i wasn't sure if it was worth it. I do have a feeling i'm somehow not ovulating on my own; so we'll see how it goes.
I have my next gyno appt in July so i'll ask him all these questions!

gilmorefriend
Official Gilmore Girl

Community Points: 1354

View Profile
« Reply #12670 on: April 23, 2008, 06:02:20 am »

This thread used to be posted in like all the time! How is everyone? Are you all still alive?

THIS ACCOUNT IS SO OLD BUT I DON'T HAVE THE HEART TO DELETE IT PRETEND I DON'T EXIST
ImAGilmoreGirl
Official Gilmore Girl

View Profile
« Reply #12671 on: April 24, 2008, 02:55:54 am »

I was trying to keep it open but i couldn't double post.
We need to get this thread happening again!! Though i think kiddies thread has crept up.

gilmorefriend
Official Gilmore Girl

Community Points: 1354

View Profile
« Reply #12672 on: April 24, 2008, 07:31:45 am »

Yeah, it has lately. It's so fun when there's actually people posting there!
Mel (Sooks) Hasn't been here lately. Or Kate. Or a lot of people!

THIS ACCOUNT IS SO OLD BUT I DON'T HAVE THE HEART TO DELETE IT PRETEND I DON'T EXIST
ImAGilmoreGirl
Official Gilmore Girl

View Profile
« Reply #12673 on: April 24, 2008, 03:27:55 pm »

Sooks hasn't been on the ORG in AGES.... shes been sooo busy (she writes to me on myspace)
and i've seen Kate around just not in this thread...
There's been alot of members who have dissapeared lately due to being so busy!!

The one person i do miss having around regularly is Marlies Grin

the girls4ever
Town Selectman

Community Points: 727

He's Dazzling

View Profile
« Reply #12674 on: April 24, 2008, 05:15:01 pm »

Things have definitely died down a bit...lots of people are busy bees. I'm trying to post more often but with school winding down it's not as easy as I'd like it to be  Cheesy

At school, there was an outside event I was helping to run yesterday and I was outside for a good 7 hours.....without sunblock. NOT GOOD! My arms are so red and they hurt! Always wear sunblock...always!  Cheesy

-Laura-

Twilight
70% Headliner 30% Literati, Java Junkie always
Brenda is my partner in crime~Love to the Sprees & Lits
Pages: 1 ... 843 844 [845] 846 847 ... 895
  Print  

Jump to: