GilmoreGirls.org Forum
June 24, 2022, 04:03:50 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Where do you see yourself in ten years?
She (or he) works hard for the money - 12 (11.8%)
Married and/or raising a family - 29 (28.4%)
Traveling the world of wonders - 6 (5.9%)
Hooray for Hollywood (rich and famous) - 9 (8.8%)
It doesn't matter as long as I'm happy - 30 (29.4%)
Retired - 0 (0%)
Other (elaborate in a post) - 8 (7.8%)
Where Heidi leads, I will follow - 8 (7.8%)
Total Voters: 99

Pages: 1 ... 767 768 [769] 770 771 ... 895
  Print  
Author Topic: Off Topic Thread - Because a lot has happened!  (Read 1836814 times)
Miranda
Town Selectman

Community Points: 775

Call me Mira

View Profile
« Reply #11520 on: November 21, 2007, 09:45:42 am »

Lol, funny that you mention it Imy, I do believe in Destiny  Grin

Thanks sis (Katinka a.k.a Snowy_Duerre)
bingbong
Town Selectman

Community Points: 1271

View Profile
« Reply #11521 on: November 21, 2007, 09:49:57 am »

Imy, your post made me think of the old song, "Thin Line Between Love & Hate". The Old School Music Gal strikes again!  Grin

Signature courtesy of SKFTEX
Lovefiend
Yale Alumnus

Community Points: 905

Shary's Stalkee, Lexie is my lil sis/ R.I.P BF

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11522 on: November 21, 2007, 01:16:32 pm »

I don'nt think I believe in destiny either, Imy. We have an inordinate amount of free will.
And I also agree with you 100% in that you can hate and love the same person.

~I wish I could touch you again, I wish I could still call you friend, I'd give, anything... ~

MiniPink
noga456
Town Resident

Community Points: 161

View Profile
« Reply #11523 on: November 22, 2007, 07:48:03 am »

I don't know if i belive in destiny.. i mean, those who truly belives, hmm Mira, if that's okay that i ask you about your belief, do you belive that everything that happens to you happens from a force majeure? like if something bad or good happens in your life is it because your acts or because 'it meant to be'? i guess i wanted to realize exactly what "destiny" symbolized to those who truly belives in it.
shiran
Town Resident

Community Points: 83

View Profile
« Reply #11524 on: November 22, 2007, 07:59:59 am »

Well i see our new question is do you belive in destiny? and what is destiny?

i belive everyone have a free will and they choose what to do with tere life... so for me destiny is somthing that we can determine

if there's no light it means it's dark (one of my brilliant moments)
save the cheerleader save the world (what if it was true?...)
Miranda
Town Selectman

Call me Mira

View Profile
« Reply #11525 on: November 22, 2007, 11:17:28 am »

See, to me Destiny is that your birth and death are destiny, together with big things happening in your life. I don't think every little thing is destiny...
I see it like this : I'm in Belgium (= my birth) and it is destined for me to end up in ,for instance, Australia ( = my death). In between, I can travel wherever I want, whenever I want, no destiny involved, but when I arrive in a certain country, something will happen to me that is destiny. No matter where I go or what I do, the resuslt will always be that I end up in Australia, sooner or later

Makes sense?  Grin

Imy
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 411

I'm the Literati geek!

View Profile
« Reply #11526 on: November 22, 2007, 01:12:04 pm »

Imy, your post made me think of the old song, "Thin Line Between Love & Hate". The Old School Music Gal strikes again!  Grin
Jim that's like totally what I was thinking of when I posted it! lol!

I don't believe in Destiny because I'm a Christian and I believe that even though God has a plan for us and that God knows everything that's gonna happen to us he also gave us free-will and that's why I believe that bad stuff happens because God doesn't stop it because we as humans make our own choices. Even Jesus did, he chose to sacrifice himself. But anyway that hasn't got much to do with love basically I think that you will find the 'one' you are meant to be with but it's not because of fate or destiny it's just because that's they way it is and you just found them by taking your own path because having a relationship with someone else is just as much about finding yourself as it is about finding out about someone else. Cheesy

ooh and Happy Thanksgiving to those who celebrate it!

Imogen~Literati~M.M.M~Java Junkie~Foodie

I'm the Old school music gal! lol Jim!
Do you have a Crazy Corner Emily?! lol
shiran
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #11527 on: November 22, 2007, 02:57:23 pm »

See, to me Destiny is that your birth and death are destiny, together with big things happening in your life. I don't think every little thing is destiny...
I see it like this : I'm in Belgium (= my birth) and it is destined for me to end up in ,for instance, Australia ( = my death). In between, I can travel wherever I want, whenever I want, no destiny involved, but when I arrive in a certain country, something will happen to me that is destiny. No matter where I go or what I do, the resuslt will always be that I end up in Australia, sooner or later

Makes sense? Grin

WOW mira it really got me thinking and yes it makes sense (very much...) and i think it's a graet way to look at things
but i just have to ask does time has anything with your view of  Destiny?! i mean if a man dies when he's 60 in *where ever* then it's his  destiny to die at 60 at that place or according to your view he's only born in one place and dies in the other and he can determine how long it will live?!

does that make any sense?

Lovefiend
Yale Alumnus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11528 on: November 22, 2007, 03:09:43 pm »

Hmm I'm not sure I believe that. A person can die of a myriad of things, most of which are unpredictable. Say a person dies at 45 of a heart atack, because he's overweight. His free-will to overeat is what made him overweight and caused his death. And what about people who were supposed to die, but modern medicine saves them? There's too many loop holes to believe in destiny.

~I wish I could touch you again, I wish I could still call you friend, I'd give, anything... ~

MiniPink
Miranda
Town Selectman

Call me Mira

View Profile
« Reply #11529 on: November 22, 2007, 08:37:12 pm »

WOW mira it really got me thinking and yes it makes sense (very much...) and i think it's a graet way to look at things
but i just have to ask does time has anything with your view of  Destiny?! i mean if a man dies when he's 60 in *where ever* then it's his  destiny to die at 60 at that place or according to your view he's only born in one place and dies in the other and he can determine how long it will live?!

does that make any sense?
PS Shiran  Cheesy
No, time has nothing to do with it. You can do things (no destiny involved) to make sure you live longer, eat healthier, get more exercise, etc.
Let's say that you're destined to get a big opportunity in your career. At one point, you will have it, but I don't believe it's destined to happen at a certain time. Eventually you will

noga456
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #11530 on: November 23, 2007, 05:45:22 am »

Oh Mira, now i get it. And yes, as Shiran said it does make sense... but as long as you belive in it- it really doesn't matter if it makes sense to others, hey, it's your belief.   Cheesy
Lovefiend - hi! acording to what i understood maybe all her/his "story life" in a one big destiny. You can look at it as a person got an heart attack bc of an overweight , as you said, and it caused to his death. Maybe his destiny "influanced" on all his life, that made him to be overweight in the first place... I mean there are always many ways to think about something, it is just depends on what do you belive..  Wink

So Mira, how do you know when things which happened to you are from destiny or just happened from your actions? (like you said "Let's say that you're destined to get a big opportunity in your career.") it is really interesting!
« Last Edit: November 23, 2007, 05:46:44 am by noga456 » Logged
Miranda
Town Selectman

Call me Mira

View Profile
« Reply #11531 on: November 23, 2007, 09:40:34 am »

Noga, that's the only thing I can't explain... I just feel it when it's destiny. When it's important enough, I guess. Sometimes you don't realize it's destiny until it's already over...  Smiley

noga456
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #11532 on: November 23, 2007, 10:15:41 am »

Noga, that's the only thing I can't explain... I just feel it when it's destiny. When it's important enough, I guess. Sometimes you don't realize it's destiny until it's already over... Smiley
That sentence you have said is beautiful.  You just feel it... PS Smiley
shiran
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #11533 on: November 23, 2007, 02:00:26 pm »

thanks for answering mira!

here in israel we have a saying when sonthing happenes: "it was god willing..."
and i believe it's importent to believe in Destiny so we can explain the unexplained like: how come we didn't cross the street when the car showed up?!
on things like that we say "it was god willing" because you truly can't explain it

Lovefiend
Yale Alumnus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11534 on: November 23, 2007, 03:03:26 pm »

I don't believe in god or destiny. I believe people don't get their subconcious mind nearly enough credit. I feel real strongly against religion. More often than not, people just use it as an excuse for bad or judgemental behaivour.

MiniPink
Pages: 1 ... 767 768 [769] 770 771 ... 895
  Print  

Jump to: