GilmoreGirls.org Forum
December 08, 2021, 09:03:29 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Who's Rory's Perfect Match?
Jess - 5 (27.8%)
Dean - 0 (0%)
Marty - 2 (11.1%)
Logan - 10 (55.6%)
Steve - 0 (0%)
Other - 1 (5.6%)
Total Voters: 18

Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 143
  Print  
Author Topic: Rory's Boyfriends Discussion  (Read 476275 times)
superstarmonkey
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 37

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2055 on: February 07, 2008, 07:19:32 am »

Since this thread is called 'Rory's Boyfriends' it doesn't neccesarily have to just be about Rory with her guys? It can just be about the guys too right?

What I was wondering was what type of girl do you think Rory's past bf's would choose/what type of girlt hey should end up with. Take Rory out of the equasion ok?

Although I would like to think Dean has learned from the 2nd Rory experience, I have a feeling he would go for another season-1 innocent small town Rory-type girl again (like he did with Lindsay). I'd quite like to see him date a different type of girl - maybe he could move back to Chicago and would be in no danger of encounter that 'small-town syndrome?' (Incidently, my first fanfic I ever wrote was a Dean/Louise pairing. crazy odd I know, but I decided to be unconventional, and I thought it would be funny to do).

I can still see Dean ending up in a small town (NOT Stars Hollow though) and marrying a cute girl-next door type. She would have to be intelligent and encourage him like Rory did, but also not have the huge ambitions that Rory had. Have smaller aspirations (that are still worthwhile). Rory-tendancies but definately not a Rory clone.

Thanks to honkifuluvGG for the signature
starshells
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 7

I'm Glad He Didn't Smoke It

View Profile
« Reply #2056 on: February 12, 2008, 08:14:25 am »

I can still see Dean ending up in a small town (NOT Stars Hollow though) and marrying a cute girl-next door type. She would have to be intelligent and encourage him like Rory did, but also not have the huge ambitions that Rory had. Have smaller aspirations (that are still worthwhile). Rory-tendancies but definately not a Rory clone.

Definitly, someone like Rory but with smaller ambitions, maybe ever WANT to grow up and be a house wife, because I can see Dean with someone like that.

^ sig by gilmorefriend
<33 Literati Fan~ Java Junkies Forever! <33
wazup
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 6

i am a die hard gilmore/rock fan

View Profile
« Reply #2057 on: February 13, 2008, 04:11:12 pm »

i know, what kind of house wife like a 50's house wife or a modern house wife?

^ sig by: Zija
the * means that I did not know how to spell it
Me and Grace love pink lemonade!!
*Lexi*
lessa
Diner Chef

Community Points: 286

View Profile
« Reply #2058 on: February 14, 2008, 09:33:14 am »

Modern technology has simplified the production of good roast beef. What's a modern housewife, one who sells real estate on the side?

I saw Dean as completely up in the air at last viewing. He's a simple small town guy who likes to work with his hands and is proud to have a gf with real passion, but he also needs to feel loved and prioritized. I'd hope after a divorce like that, he'd stop asking what a wife could do for him and start asking what he could do for his potential wife.

Dean is a lot like Luke - that is, he has a craft and the potential for a cranky attitude about romance. I see him hiring on with Gypsy, eventually running the Stars Hollow Auto-Body shop when Gypsy retires or takes time off to travel or start a family. Then, when it burns down in a terrible, partially insured fire, he will beg borrow and steal enough money to start Dragonfly Engines.

Tutorgirl99
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 3

"And so the Lion fell in love with the Lamb"

View Profile
« Reply #2059 on: March 06, 2008, 07:36:20 pm »

logan and rory are perfect to gether. Wink i also like jess. and i cannot STAND dean. Tongue

mrz.mariano
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #2060 on: March 11, 2008, 03:14:53 pm »

I dont like dean. I think he is a wuss.
I hate how he broke up wih her at the dance, it was very dramatic...come to think of it, the 'i-love-you' reakup was dramatic, and so was the male yale party.
He's such a girl!!!!!!

roryshmory
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 11

View Profile
« Reply #2061 on: March 17, 2008, 01:52:47 pm »

Rory and Logan--They sure had some rough spots.  I could not believe Rory said no when Logan asked her to marry him.  He was right, though, it was time to make a decision, and dating forever is lame.  But does anyone else feel a little perplexed about their relationship lasting this long, though.  He had SEX with ALL THOSE BRIDESMADES in such a short amount of time.  And now we're supposed to, like, forget about it?  Also, how weird was it at first with that secret society thing.

But then there were so many moments that it seemed like they were perfect for each other.  Hmmmmm........
SIDNEY
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 322

View Profile
« Reply #2062 on: March 17, 2008, 03:35:05 pm »

Rory and Logan--They sure had some rough spots.  I could not believe Rory said no when Logan asked her to marry him.  He was right, though, it was time to make a decision, and dating forever is lame.  But does anyone else feel a little perplexed about their relationship lasting this long, though.  He had SEX with ALL THOSE BRIDESMADES in such a short amount of time.  And now we're supposed to, like, forget about it?  Also, how weird was it at first with that secret society thing.

But then there were so many moments that it seemed like they were perfect for each other.  Hmmmmm........

The secret society wasn't really weird because the purpose of Logan's character -as i see it- was someone who takes Rory out of her shell and shows her a different world than the one she was living in. He also was someone that Rory can look at and admire because he challenged her in a way, As Rory said to her mother "he's smarter than me, i swear". Logan was really exciting at the beginning, a little mysterious, living his life at the edge, taking risks, makes every moment counts. But when his character grew he lost most of his charm. He became kind of boring.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 03:37:05 pm by SIDNEY » Logged

Billy: Are we over the rainbow, Ally? Is this it? We used to sing as kids "over the rainbow".
We've gone from being people with bright futures to people who should be living their futures now.
bingbong
Town Selectman

Community Points: 1271

View Profile
« Reply #2063 on: March 17, 2008, 07:10:03 pm »

Sidney is saying Logan became kind of boring?  Shocked I never heard you say that before. But he couldn't remain a frat boy forever. Well, he could have, but that can get boring after a while. I give the dude credit for growing up and becoming more responsible. Rory's affection for him grew as he became more mature; unlike Sidney, his charm was not lost on her (short of marriage anyway) . Smiley

Signature courtesy of SKFTEX
SIDNEY
Chilton Graduate

View Profile
« Reply #2064 on: March 17, 2008, 08:51:20 pm »

Sidney is saying Logan became kind of boring?  Shocked I never heard you say that before. But he couldn't remain a frat boy forever. Well, he could have, but that can get boring after a while. I give the dude credit for growing up and becoming more responsible. Rory's affection for him grew as he became more mature; unlike Sidney, his charm was not lost on her (short of marriage anyway) . Smiley

Well, you know what they say, there is a first time for eveything.  Wink No, i have always thought his character became boring in season 7 but kept it to myself. Can't be logan's fan and hater at the same time!
I just wish if he  had found balance between his old character and the new one. At least he would have evolved but without losing what made the character great.
You say Logan's charm wasn't lost on Rory, why would you think she rejected him?

Billy: Are we over the rainbow, Ally? Is this it? We used to sing as kids "over the rainbow".
We've gone from being people with bright futures to people who should be living their futures now.
bingbong
Town Selectman

View Profile
« Reply #2065 on: March 17, 2008, 11:22:07 pm »

^ I think she was still charmed by him and probably loved him but she was not ready for marriage. When she turned him down she said she loved the idea of being married to him but it wasn't the right time. It was not only marrying him but moving across the country into a whole new life and i don't think she was in the mindset for that step. He is the one who made it all-or-nothing. She suggested they might find a way to make it work. She didn't lose interest in him during season 7. She liked (probably loved) the Logan who was more mature and responsible. I personally think Logan's character was remarkably consistent. I'm not a Logan fan but i thought the writers did a good job of developing him.

SIDNEY
Chilton Graduate

View Profile
« Reply #2066 on: March 17, 2008, 11:28:06 pm »

Ok, what i said about Rory rejecting Logan because he became boring was partly a joke! I agree that Rory loved Logan but i doubt she would have been happy just dating him after the proposal. I think if he had agreed she would have wanted to break up with him eventually or even better let him break up with her so she won't feel guilty about it.
Rory and Logan were in a stage where they both wanted different things. Logan wanted to settle, Rory didn't, for her life just has started. She was just about to have her dream come true by traveling and report about it. And long distant relationships hardly ever work, it might work once but the second time it just gets old.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2008, 11:41:34 pm by SIDNEY » Logged

Dani257
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 242

I post. Deal with it.

View Profile
« Reply #2067 on: March 18, 2008, 01:21:27 am »

I personally think Logan's character was remarkably consistent.

Yes!  If anything, he was the most consistent character on the show, until the very inconsistent end.

As far as being boring in season 7 (which I don't agree with - I totally love Logan in season 7), saying he was, for the sake of argument, could that be because the writers weren't comfortable with getting the audience to accept a character who could grow and mature, and yet, still be flawed - and still have flaws believable to the character they created?  I'm just thinking of the flack he got for going to Vegas after losing his money in the business deal, and then for moping around the apartment for what couldn't have been that long.  And, I don't mean just from the people who just never saw any growth.  I mean comments to the effect that his growth was an act - as if any sign of old coping mechanisms or flaws makes the growth completely suspect - one must be a lie.  Every time they tried to remind people that he was a flawed human being, the cry was "dump him!" 

But, if you mean boring as in not doing the wild and crazy things, well, if you're working long hours and trying to make good (and discovering that you like it) it doesn't give much time for jumping off high spaces.  But, I also thought he channeled his adventurous streak into other avenues.  Surprise visits to Rory (about time I mentioned the person whose name is in the thread title) for one thing.  And, the whole business deal was kind of reminiscent of Logan's cliff jump in season 6.  He wasn't in a downward drunken spiral in season 7, but both times, he ignored sensible suggestions from others - Rory when she mentioned that he hadn't taken the right precautions for the cliff jump (as well as I can remember) and Mitchum not wanting to go forward with Logan's business deal.  (Whatever anyone thinks of Mitchum, he's been painted as someone who knows what he's doing business-wise)  Logan got really excited about something, he leaped before he looked, and both times he came crashing down.

A bit leaner, but still chock full of demonic glory.  (Still pro Logan)
100% supportive of Alexis Bledel

http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/8624/angela_tircuit.html
roryshmory
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 11

View Profile
« Reply #2068 on: March 18, 2008, 01:50:15 pm »

The secret society wasn't really weird because the purpose of Logan's character -as i see it- was someone who takes Rory out of her shell and shows her a different world than the one she was living in.

I can definitely see your point about that.  And now that I think about, I suppose it makes sense that Rory eventually forgave him about the bridesmaids thing.  Or did she....?  Also it seems to me that if she really loved him and wanted a family she would have said yes to the proposal. But, obviously, she wasn't.  Because she's Rory, who cared more about her career, obviously.  But Amy S-P did say it wasn't really the ending she would have chosen had she known it was the series finale.  I wonder how she would have ended it...  Cry
bingbong
Town Selectman

View Profile
« Reply #2069 on: March 18, 2008, 05:04:59 pm »

It's a great point that Logan continued his adventurous ways in season 7 by way of his career. Just another illustration of how his character developed so smoothly and felt believable. I personally think he would become sharper in his business dealings over time, once experience and more maturity set in, and once he fully got beyond the shadow of his father, which i think was a factor in his tendency to leap before looking; he was too anxious to succeed on his own and it might have tainted his judgment.

If we allow the real world to intrude, it's fun to think of Rory being part of the Obama campaign during these months. It's a safe guess that she would be doing well in the job and has been living an exciting life, following the campaign around the country. All of which would only add to the sense that she made the right choice in turning down Logan's proposal. Not that she even had a job at the time of her proposal but this was the course she always dreamed of. I'm not convinced their marriage would have worked while she was traveling around the country. People do it, it's possible, but especially given their young age, it would have been a long-shot to work out. Relationships are so often about timing.

Pages: 1 ... 136 137 [138] 139 140 ... 143
  Print  

Jump to: