GilmoreGirls.org Forum
June 26, 2022, 10:49:07 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Who's Rory's Perfect Match?
Jess - 5 (27.8%)
Dean - 0 (0%)
Marty - 2 (11.1%)
Logan - 10 (55.6%)
Steve - 0 (0%)
Other - 1 (5.6%)
Total Voters: 18

Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 143
  Print  
Author Topic: Rory's Boyfriends Discussion  (Read 526125 times)
Dani257
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 242

I post. Deal with it.

View Profile
« Reply #2085 on: April 15, 2008, 11:14:45 pm »

Any examples of how he tried to take care of her?  I also don't understand the books thing.  Not that it's irrelevant, and it's a shared interest they have to a greater degree than Rory's other boyfriends (although, I don't think either Dean or Logan were complete non readers, just not to the extent that Jess and Rory were).  But, I don't see why that is always mentioned as the most concrete reason why Jess is better than any of her other boyfriends. 

I can probably guess what you're referring to by him "understanding her so much more than Logan did."  Does that refer to Jess coming back in season 6 and getting her about not being in school?  I could debate that, but more interestingly, when did Dean verbally abuse her?   

A bit leaner, but still chock full of demonic glory.  (Still pro Logan)
100% supportive of Alexis Bledel

http://www.associatedcontent.com/user/8624/angela_tircuit.html
roryshmory
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 11

View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: April 18, 2008, 03:40:21 pm »

Plus Jess treated her like crap when they were dating.  He didn't call, stood her up all the time, and was a complete grump.  He wasn't very affectionate.  And I don't think affectionate necessarily means making out.
aprilgilmore1794
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

Beastly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: April 20, 2008, 11:25:09 am »

Logan is so much more cute than Jess & Dean.  Logan is smart like Rory,  Dean isn't smart enough for Rory, and Jess is smart, but is too much of a "bad boy".  If the show had kept going, I would want Rory and Logan to get married.

ApRiL gIlMoRe
aprilgilmore1794
Stars Hollow Tourist

Beastly!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: April 20, 2008, 11:36:32 am »

I think Rory and Logan are perfect for each other!

ApRiL gIlMoRe
jessandrory4ever
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: May 12, 2008, 03:54:33 pm »

Remember when Dean broke up with her (the 2nd time), how sweet Jess was? How he said (truly) that Dean was a jerk, and he shouldn't have done that to Rory. I know it's so small, but remember the umbrella Jess gave her when Luke was remodeling? And it was Jess who woke Rory up out of her insane I-don't-know-what-I'm-doing-with-my-life-and-I-hate-my-mom (what is the show when Lorelai and Rory are mad at each other, anyway?) coma. Thank goodness, because she would have gone nowhere stealing yachts and guzzling champagne with Logan. I never felt as if Rory gave Jess a fair chance. She waffled back and forth between him and Dean, and she never fully trusted him or tried to understand him. And I think the book thing goes deeper than just a shared interest. Books were so important to Rory and so much a part of her. It was always something she and Dean were disconnected on. Remember Anna Karenina? And as for Dean verbally abusing her--1) when Jess bought her basket (he first yells at her and then stomps off in a rage), 2) the time he came to her house to find her, Jess, and Paris eating dinner together, and 3) the 2nd time he broke up with her. Even the time he didn't yell at her was evidence of abuse--when she told him about how Jess crashed her car. She looked so small and scared.

Anyway, this is a really long rant, sorry. Just blowing off some steam  Smiley. Dean has annoyed me for a really long time. And just to mention Logan, I think he did fit Rory well and he was an interesting character, and they had some great moments, but his history is just way too weird for me. Come on, he kept an extra bathrobe in his closet!
gilmore for life
« Reply #2090 on: May 18, 2008, 11:44:16 am »

who here likes  logan? alot of people hate him but i think he is the best he has treated rory of all her bfs! i think this is the best she could get and i think she made a big mastake not marrying him but that was not my choice nor was it mine to cancle my fav. show! if i had it they whould be married by now! i mean 3 yrs. of dateing and then she says no stupid that is a waste of 3 great yrs. well tell me what u think you can reply here or pm me thx!!
roryshmory
Town Troubadour

View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: May 19, 2008, 09:17:42 am »

I'm starting to like Logan a little less after watching season 6 again.  The whole Bridesmaids thing, and how he always just runs away doing immature and dangerous things when something goes wrong.  Especially the Bridesmaids thing.  And Rory doesn't seem to like him any more at one point, but stays with him because he got hurt.  But he seems to fit her lifestyle the best.
jessandrory4ever
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: May 30, 2008, 05:25:44 am »

I think Rory was right to say no to Logan, she was only 22 and her life was just starting. It wouldn't have been right for her to tie herself down, especially considering the career she wanted.

Personally I think Jess was OOC in some of the 3rd season. When he crashed her car, he "made sure she was okay." Why would he desert her at the party like that? And as for his not being allowed to graduate, that just seems unrealistic. Wouldn't the school officials have contacted Luke? It didn't all fit, I guess because the writers had to write him out of the show. And why would he suddenly start yelling at Rory (at the party)? He never yellled at her before like Dean did ALL THE TIME. Did anyone else get sick of Dean's whining and temper tantrums? Cheesy
roryshmory
Town Troubadour

View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: May 30, 2008, 01:25:43 pm »

I just watched Season 7, the one where Richard has a heart attack.  The way Logan was there for Rory totally backs up his decision to propose to Rory.  And Rory's actions give him no indication that he shouldn't.  But I think she was leading him on a little in that eppy.

I also have wondered about the school contacting Luke about Jess not graduating.
Nicolle88
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: May 30, 2008, 06:34:58 pm »

When's the last time we saw Dean I don't think he should come back and Jess is too much drama, I think Rory and Logan should be together they are perfect
hottamale8
Town Resident

Community Points: 17

View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: June 01, 2008, 09:18:08 am »

The last time we saw Dean, correct me if I'm mistaken, was in the episode where he and Luke are working on turning the house into a historical muesam and he told Luke that he didn't fit into Lorelai's life because they were too small town and Lorelai and Rory needed bigger.

I kind of agree with him about Rory, she does need bigger, she proved that with her choice not to marry Logan because she didn't want to settle down. Lorelai however, seemed perfectly content to settle, even though I think she did because Sookie did and Luke did. I think that Jason would have been perfect for her, kill me for saying that. but He could have understood and supported her selling the inn and traveling. it would have been hard for them to have any kids but she already had Rory so I don't think that would have been a big deal.

I think that Rory is best single. I think that she is happiest when she's doing something exciting. Maybe if she met a guy who didn't want her to settle down yet she would have been happy with him. But all of her boyfriends (possible exception of Jess) were into that whole let's get married and start a family thing. I mean I think Sheera Huntzberger hit the nail on the head when she said that Rory was going to be a career girl and that she wouldn't understand the Huntzberger life. And besides, I think Rory could do more than being just a stay at home house wife. Don't get me wrong I think that is one of the most difficult, challenging, rewarding things out there, I just don't think it's right for Rory.

April: It's like suck it New England!
sid
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: June 02, 2008, 05:32:02 am »

Okay I'm kinda of new at this and this is probably on the wrong thread but does anyone think that it can be argued, not counting the first couple of Dean and Jess breakups that the men in Rory's life in someway outgrew her rather than the other way around.  I mean that they realised that they wanted more than she was prepared or able to give them. Or is it just me?

For example:

Jess: When he worked out that she was still with Logan after he kissed her in season 6, he said that he didn't deserve to be treated that way and that his and Rory's relationship is what it is.

Dean: On his and Rory last breakup even though he hoped her to reply to his question about belonging with Rory, never really expected one from her.

Logan: Wanted to make a commitment by getting married and she didn't, and even though she would have been content to try and keep their relationship on the same level that it was at, even if it was through a long distance relationship. 
hottamale8
Town Resident

Community Points: 17

View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: June 02, 2008, 05:45:29 pm »

haha oooh those were some pretty good points I'm not going to lie.
I agree and and I never really noticed that before.
I can't say about the wrong thread thing, I'm kind of novice too. But I'd say it was a Rory's boyfriend thread so yes, you're right. My last post was about Lorelai and Jason, I was wayyy off topic but I blame chemistry and exams week. I'm not thinking clearly.

April: It's like suck it New England!
gg crazy
Diner Chef

:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2098 on: June 04, 2008, 06:13:50 pm »

Logan is the best 4 rory!! Cheesy Grin Nod

SilverPink
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: August 15, 2008, 04:29:48 pm »

Hi! I'm new by the way and I'm from the UK!
I've been watching The Gilmore Girls for years but then it stopped and now its started again and I think its only up to Season 3 or 4! So I'm not very far through..its definitely one of my favourite shows ever  Wink

I was just wondering (and I'm sorry if there's a post already like this one I couldn't find it I promise!) who would you prefer or who would you choose (as a boyfriend) Jess or Dean?
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 143
  Print  

Jump to: