GilmoreGirls.org Forum
December 03, 2021, 08:40:19 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: In which age-catagory do you belong?
0-10 years old
10-15 years old
15-20 years old
20-25 years old
25-30 years old
30-40 years old
40-50 years old
50 and older

Pages: 1 ... 349 350 [351] 352 353 ... 355
  Print  
Author Topic: Introduction Thread: Getting to Know Each Other All Over Again  (Read 1108609 times)
Gilmore Gyrlie
Town Resident

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #5250 on: February 03, 2009, 08:29:27 am »

Wow, thanks for the link, they have some really great shows.  Have you purchased anything from there and if so is it good quality? 

Yes I have purchased from that site numerous times and have no complaints.

check out the customer rating of the buyer before comitting to anything.

the buyers are very friendly and helpful, they will answer any questions you may have.

LuvLauren
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #5251 on: February 23, 2009, 01:36:07 pm »

Hello everyone!
I wanted to introduce myself.
I am Deana and I live in New York...about 20 minutes north of Manhattan.  I am a GG and Lauren junkie. I have been a Lauren fan for years even before GG, but GG is my favorite show she has been in. I will be going to see Lauren in Guys and Dolls on March 15th (my first of several shows I will attend, lol). I can't wait to go to the show and hopefully meet Lauren afterwards.

I have all the seasons of GG on DVD and watch them almost everyday.  My favorite seasons are 1-3 because basically I am a fan of the Lorelai/Rory relationship. That was my main draw to the show when it started. I read on another part of the board that they felt once season 5 hit the Lorelai/Rory relationship changed and I have to agree. I mean I know that the writers had to change their relationship because Rory was now an adult so their relationship had to be more adult like, but IMO they changed it way too much. Season 4 is good, but once season 5 hits and and then Rory starts dating Logan that is when I find that the Lorelai/Rory relationship changed. I didn't like season 6 at all because I didn't like the fact that Lorelai and Rory were not speaking. Lorelai and Rory not speaking was not realistic IMO for their relationship.

Moving onto Lorelai's relationships....I HATED her with Max. I don't know why, but I just didn't like Max. The only two guys I didn't mind Lorelai with were Chris or Luke. I liked her with both. As for Rory, my favorite boyfriend is Dean. I think he treated her the best. To be honest with you I didn't like Logan at all and I think Rory should have dumped him.

Lastly, there is something till this day that I never understood and do have some questions for you guys. The first is that Lorelai made a great life for herself. She brought up Rory into a beautiful lady on her own and yet Richard and Emily never accepted that. Why is that? I mean I understand that Lorelai didn't live up to their expections, but they never gave her a break even after they saw what a great person Lorelai is and how great she brought up Rory.  Second, was the Hayden's. Why did they always blame Lorelai for Chis being a "bum" and not going to college just because Lorelai got pregnant? He is the one that got Lorelai pregnant so it is his fault as must as Lorelai's. Plus according to Rory and Lorelai Chris wasn't a very involved father. He did what he wanted and didn't visit Rory much, so if Chris really wanted to go to college Lorelai or Rory wasn't stopping him.  Just wondering all of your opinions on these questions.

Anyhoo...that's all the questions I have for now. Maybe more later. LOL I am looking forward to posting with all of you.  Thanks and the board seems great.

~Deana
Gilmore Gyrlie
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #5252 on: February 23, 2009, 05:38:46 pm »

Hi Lauren, I recently joined up as well. Smiley

once I'm done viewing "Millennium" on dvd, plan to begin viewing the 1st season of GG.

for the 1st time.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2009, 05:39:54 pm by Gilmore Gyrlie » Logged
jessicagilmore
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #5253 on: February 25, 2009, 09:24:55 am »

LuvLauren
i have all the season too and am up to season 5 and this season is different but i have laugh my but off when lorelai and luke start date is so good but it is weid to see them together and i don't realy like rory with dean this time around i'm only to episode 4 so far i didn't get to season 5 when it was on tv so this is all new to me but i love it my fav seasons i think is 1-3 too i do wish they would make a list of music that was on the episode i love the music
i wish it was still on there is so much they could be doing i think lorelai would love the game rock band and i can see her playing it lol

cherilee13
Diner Chef

Community Points: 364

View Profile
« Reply #5254 on: March 05, 2009, 10:18:39 am »

Welcome LuvLauren ~ I hope that you enjoy your time here at the ORG.  It is a great place to meet Gilmore Girls fans and some amazing people.  I too am a huge Lauren Graham fan and have been since she played Shelly on Caroline in the City.  She was so funny and I wished that her arc on the show was a lot longer than it was.  It is really great that you will be going to see her in Guys and Dolls.  I envy you so much.  You will have to go in at the Lorelai/Lauren appreciation thread after you see the show and tell us what you think of it.  It has been getting bad reviews from the critics, but getting great reviews from everyone else.  From what I have seen of it in the snippits that are out there, it really looks great. 

I really liked season 1-3, too, mainly because I had that same close relationship with my girls.   I do understand about the bond not being so strong once Rory left for Yale, the bonds with my girls has gotten a bit weaker once my girls grew up.  It is sad on the show and in my real life, but everyone has to grow and move on. 

I do have to say that there is a lot in season 4-7 that I really like, too.  I know a lot of people don't like seasons 6 & 7, but I do.  I didn't like the beginning of 6 so much because Lorelai and Rory weren't talking, but other than that and Lorelai and Luke drifting apart because of Luke's lack of faith in Lorelai once April came into the picture, I did like the season. 

I have asked myself the same questions so I really can't give you any answers.  I have always felt that if it weren't for Rory being in the picture, I don't think that Richard and Emily would ever have cared if Lorelai ever came back into their lives.  They way that they always treated Lorelai made me feel that the only reason why they wanted her in their lives was just so they could get their hands on Rory and try to make her into what they wanted Lorelai to be and Rory wouldn't be there if Lorelai wasn't.   I, too, have said that there wasn't any reason for Christopher to not graduate from high school and then go on to college.  Lorelai didn't marry him and it is obvious that he wasn't all that interested in being there for Rory so he could have done it all.  He didn't do it just because he didn't want to.  He just took off and did his own thing.  I hated the way that the Hayden's blamed Lorelai for everything. 

I have watched the show from start to finish so many time that I lost count long ago.  I also will watch shows at random.  I don't think that I will ever get tired of it.  I, too, wish that the show would have kept going, but I also think that it ended at a good spot.  It would have been so hard to do the show with Rory running all over the country following Obama and we can use our imaginations to take the lives of our well loved residents of Stars Hollow down whatever paths we wish them to have gone. 

jessicagilmore ~ I am not sure if you are new here or not.  At the moment I am not recalling your name, but I have a terrible memory.  If you are new I want to welcome you, too.  If you aren't, well, I guess I will just say HI and hope we can talk more. 

Sig by Sooks/Mel ~ Thank you sweet friend
peachblossom
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #5255 on: March 06, 2009, 12:11:30 am »

Hello everyone. I thought I'd introduce myself...

My name is Elizabeth, I am 23 years old and live in Oregon. I JUST started watching Gilmore Girls for the first time, via Net Flix of all things! I had caught a re-run here and there on ABC Family and always thought it would be a show I'd adore, but I'm really picky about watching shows mid-way through. Especially with this show, there is a lot of backstory for each and every character.

Right now I'm on Season 2, just finished "The Road Trip to Harvard' and decided I wanted to find a place that I could talk about what a great show it is. I think the creators/writers did a fantastic job on making these people real and lovable. I even feel for Lorelei's mom from time to time, especially when she didn't tell her about the engagment to Max!  I hope that in future seasons they do more with Laine, and I can't wait to see what happens with Luke and Lorelei, I'm not immune to promos and specials, I know that they did get together later on in the series.

*waves*
zgilmorefan
Inn Manager

Community Points: 450

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5256 on: March 06, 2009, 05:17:17 am »

Welcome Elizabeth!! Have fun posting! we're all quite open and friendly.  ask anyone if you would like help... play the games... talk about your day... etc. etc. lol

btw - my name is Zija. you can PM me if you have any questions (Personal Messge if you didn't know.)

so enjoy the site!

ILY shelby, mel, livie, magz, amber, spence, grace, ines, rory
cherilee13
Diner Chef

Community Points: 364

View Profile
« Reply #5257 on: March 06, 2009, 06:45:54 pm »

Welcome Elizabeth ~ It is always great to get new Gilmore Girls fans coming into the ORG.  I hope that you have a great time here.  Everyone here is really great and always willing to help out with anything and just chat about the show or anything else.  There are so many threads to check out.  I am Cheri and I live in Michigan.  You can PM me as well if you have any questions.  If you read my last post to LuvLauren, you already know that I am a huge fan of Gilmore Girls and Lauren Graham.   

Enjoy checking out the different threads and meeting new people here. 

Sig by Sooks/Mel ~ Thank you sweet friend
Gilmore Gyrlie
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #5258 on: March 15, 2009, 09:24:31 am »

I'm half-way thru the 2nd season, love this show.

not one for most "chick flicks" and initially thought GG was in that vein, devoid of substance and nothing significant to say.

Happy to say I was wrong about that assessment.
zgilmorefan
Inn Manager

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5259 on: March 15, 2009, 10:09:31 am »

I'm half-way thru the 2nd season, love this show.

not one for most "chick flicks" and initially thought GG was in that vein, devoid of substance and nothing significant to say.

Happy to say I was wrong about that assessment.

glad you are enjoy the show!! i find it amazing!!

Gilmore Gyrlie
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #5260 on: March 15, 2009, 10:56:37 am »

prior to this, only seen Alexis Bledel in "Tuck Everlasting" and "Sin City"

she's really a good actress and holds her own opposite Lauren Graham.

which doesn't look to be very easy, chick is a FIRECRACKER.
zgilmorefan
Inn Manager

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5261 on: March 15, 2009, 11:03:29 am »

haha!! that's one way to put it!!

and Alexis was awesome in Sin City.

wheredidmickgo
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5262 on: March 15, 2009, 05:00:34 pm »

hi! my name is brianon and i'm 20 and going to school in utah.  i've been a diehard fan of GG since the beginning and i'm so excited that the ORG is back! 

spunkie
java junkie
half literati/half headliner
"nice, not great?
great, not fabulous?
fabulous, not mondofabulous?"
Muffin
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

*Facepalm Rory*

View Profile
« Reply #5263 on: March 20, 2009, 02:23:34 pm »

Hai everyone, I'm Muffin! Cheesy

As you probably already noticed, I'm *reaaaaaaaally* slow in some things, especially when it comes to making first posts. It's because I'm really good at postponing things (like homework for example) and also because I've got so much to do lately (which might be related to the postponing part Grin).

I'm an eighteen year-old student from The Netherlands. Whenever I'm not studying, I read news/tech magazines (both online and paper editions), watch sci-fi series (just one actually, and it ends today :-( ), drink cheap coffee  (if you sleep as less as I do, you don't notice the difference between 'good' and 'bad' coffee anyway), draw silly stuff (although I also tend to do that during the more boring lectures), work on my website (I never managed to finish it though) and occasionally I abuse the parenthesis keys on my keyboard (like... now). From time to time I also play some computer games, but I doubt it makes sense to elaborate on that here. Tongue

I started watching Gilmore Girls in mid-2006, when it replaced Charmed (which is less girlish [at first sight]) in the 6PM-7PM time slot on a Dutch television channel. I finally saw the penultimate episode of the series a few hours before my high school graduation ceremony, making that episode feel more like an ending for me than the actual series finale. Anyway, in the months following it, I tried watching all episodes from Pilot to Bon Voyage again. -- I gave up after I am Kayak, Hear Me Roar (which is just seven episodes to the finish line Oh Noes), because the amount of homework I had started to pile up. I'm going to give it another try soon however, which is one of the reasons why I decided to join the forum.

P.S.: I'm not edible. Embarrassed

New and Improved Muffin Actually, it's just the same Muffin pretending to be new and improved
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1944

View Profile
« Reply #5264 on: March 20, 2009, 11:56:51 pm »

Hey Muffin, welcome to the ORG.  That is an awesome introduction post!!

I've seen you online a lot and I'm glad you got around to introducing yourself.  I too am a master at proscratinating so I get where you're coming from completely.  Give a yell if you need anything otherwise I look forward to seeing you around the boards.

Smiley

Please read Forum Rules
Pages: 1 ... 349 350 [351] 352 353 ... 355
  Print  

Jump to: