0-10 years old
10-15 years old
15-20 years old
20-25 years old
25-30 years old
30-40 years old
40-50 years old
50 and older

Author Topic: Introduction Thread: Getting to Know Each Other All Over Again  (Read 1245836 times)

Offline cherilee13

• Diner Chef
  • Community Points: 364
    • View Profile
Re: Introduction Thread: Getting to Know Each Other All Over Again
« Reply #5025 on: May 25, 2008, 03:04:22 pm »
CARYN AND SOOKS - Thank you for your help.  I thought that I was really loosing it. 

SOOKS - I thought that you were Mel and then I would catch things that said that ImAGilmoreGirl was Mel. 
             It was a bit confusing.  Got it now. 

*Pretty Stick* and thanks to you both

Cheri

Oh yeah, I really like both of your sigs.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2008, 03:05:39 pm by cherilee13 »

Sig by Sooks/Mel ~ Thank you sweet friend

Offline Sooks

• Inn Bellhop
  • Community Points: 1464
  • Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx
    • View Profile
« Reply #5026 on: May 25, 2008, 03:08:56 pm »
Glad that everything is all sorted now! ;D IMAGILMOREGIRL is around a lot more than I am...so you see her posts a lot more often most likely. I used to just go by 'Sooks' and then wanted to use my everyday name, but there was already a Melissa here and I didn't want to get confusing...so I took Mel but then there were more Mel's too...so whatever anyone wants to call me is fine. I don't normally 'sign' my name to my posts anymore...and if I do, it's "M"! :P

I hope that you're doing well! I haven't gone back to the off-topic thread to our conversation, so I'll go do that now! Hope you're having a great holiday weekend! Cheers~

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~

Offline mela489

• Town Elder
  • Community Points: 310
  • <3 Tuesday nights are my day of the week <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5027 on: June 04, 2008, 07:57:15 am »

WOW 17158 members!!!!

A big huge welcome to everyone!!  Sorry I can't do individual welcomes...haven't been on since December :( *shutters*

Hope you are all enjoying the org to its full potential.  Its a super great place!  Don't forget to follow the rules though! :)

:clover: Melanie
Melanie ~JavaJunkie~ *Noodie* ~Dodger~ *Headliner* Angela! :hearts: Always PTS's at heart :hearts: Just say,"Yes M.A.M.M"

Offline courtney1234

• Stars Hollow Tourist
  • Community Points: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Introduction Thread: Getting to Know Eachother All Over Again
« Reply #5028 on: June 06, 2008, 04:53:48 am »
Oh my goodness.  How long have I been waiting for this?  I don't even know!  But Lacey happy!

So yeah.  My name is Lacey.  I'm not sure if anyone remembers me or not, but I was a super-obsessed poster for about a month and a half before the old forum "mysteriously vanished".  My old username was moviekid2000, simply because that's my email (simply because I've had it since I was 9).  I'm 14 and from South Carolina.
i think u should be very carefull lacey

Offline Tess

• Stars Hollow Tourist
  • Community Points: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #5029 on: June 08, 2008, 02:59:35 am »
I don't think I've introduced myself yet, I've only been in here once.

My name is Tess and I'm a GG fan (well doh! I wouldn't be in here if I wasn't  ;)). Unfortunately I never saw GG when it aired on tv, I've got all the episodes on DVD but I've only seen every episode once. Shame on me!  :-[

Well, if there's anything you wanna know about me just ask.  ;)

//Tess

Offline Seni

• Town Selectman
  • Community Points: 594
  • Literati forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #5030 on: June 08, 2008, 04:57:04 am »
welcome Tess!

don't worry, your not the only GG fan with a shameful secret. I've never watched the whole season 7. By choice. I just think it doesn't have that Gilmore feel like the other ones. Maybe one day I'll watch it.

And welcome to anyone else I haven't welcomed yet, but I'm too lazy to read through the pages, lol.

Grey's Anatomy - McLove
-Me and Amber never stop eating - Betty when you call me, you can call me Al-
-The Lit Who Couldn't Decide-

Offline Tess

• Stars Hollow Tourist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5031 on: June 08, 2008, 05:38:04 am »
Hi,

Thank you very much!  :)

Ha ha, glad to hear that I'm not the only one who hasn't seen the episodes a million times.  ;) Yeah, I agree with you, the 7th season wasn't really as good as the others.

Offline Seni

• Town Selectman
  • Community Points: 594
  • Literati forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #5032 on: June 08, 2008, 07:17:45 am »
haha, nope, not the only one. but don't worry, doesn't make us any less addicted to GG  ;D

Grey's Anatomy - McLove
-Me and Amber never stop eating - Betty when you call me, you can call me Al-
-The Lit Who Couldn't Decide-

Offline Tess

• Stars Hollow Tourist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5033 on: June 08, 2008, 07:18:50 am »
That's true. And I'm thinking about watching the whole show all over again, I miss it.

gilmore for life

« Reply #5034 on: June 08, 2008, 08:47:32 am »
Welcome Tess!! Hey im Candy! dont worry atleast you watch this show!

Offline cherilee13

• Diner Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5035 on: June 08, 2008, 11:07:52 am »
Hi Tess, welcome to the org. 

I am one of the Gilmore Girls fanatics who watches it atleast once during the day in reruns, and I usually watch a full disc (4 episodes) just about every night after everyone goes to sleep.  I am usually reading or doing some project but it is on and I do catch a lot of it.  I have seen each episode so many times that I know what is going on just by listening.  Plus I am one of those annoying people you don't want to be around while it is on because I say what the characters say, but before they say it. 

I didn't start watching the show until the begining of Feb. 2005, on ABC the Family Channel where the were running reruns.  It was kind of neat because I actually caught the pilot that first day and was able to go through the first four seasons on there then caught season five in reruns on the WB and then right into season six, so I was able to see all of the first six seasons right straight through without any big breaks or seing any episode twice until the summer between seasons six and seven.   

Well, you can tell that I am GG Crazy. 

It doesn't matter to us if you have only seen them once and only on tape.  You are still a fan and more then welcomed here.  Hope you really enjoy it. 

Seni -  Yeah, I agree that season seven didn't have the the same feel, or much of anything else that was the same, but I still really liked it.  I hope that you will give the rest of the season a try.  It was still pretty good.  I didn't like much of the Lorelai/Christoper storyline but it did have good stuff in there, too.  Please give it a try.

Offline Tess

• Stars Hollow Tourist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5036 on: June 08, 2008, 11:13:52 am »
Thank you all!  :)

Well, cherilee13 I am the same when it comes to 'Friends', I know most lines and I've seen all of the episodes a million times, I'd like to be the like that with GG as well.  :)

Offline cherilee13

• Diner Chef
    • View Profile
« Reply #5037 on: June 08, 2008, 11:27:50 am »
Tess,  I am really a big Friends fan, too.  I have all ten seasons on DVD and watch them a lot.  More so before I really got into Gilmore Girls, but still a lot.  We usually have the TV on while we are eating dinner and usually we have Friends on and we are all quoting them.  So many times when someone says or does anything around here, we have Friends, Gilmore Girls, or Simpsons come backs.  It is really crazy.

Offline Sooks

• Inn Bellhop
  • Community Points: 1464
  • Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx
    • View Profile
« Reply #5038 on: June 08, 2008, 03:39:59 pm »
Welcome Tess!! I'm glad that you're here! I hope you enjoy the site, it's great and has many awesome people here!

I think that's just so cool that you never saw the Girls on TV when they were airing new episodes but that you have ALL the DVDs and episodes! How did you hear about the show to make you want to start watching it? You must have been impressed to get the DVD sets! :)

I am the same as you with Friends...watching it right now! I have all the seasons of that except 2, 5, and 10. I get them when they go on sale, so I'm getting there! :P

Hope to get to know you and see you around often! It's great to have another GG fan among us! Welcome!!

~Mel (Sooks)

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~

Offline gilmoregent

• Stars Hollow Tourist
  • Community Points: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #5039 on: June 08, 2008, 06:03:43 pm »
Hey, I am new to this board.  I would like to get some advice.  I own all 7 seasons on DVD.  I just completed viewing all seven seasons.  I am ready to begin with Season One again.  This time through (it will probably take me a year and a half to get through all seven seasons again) I would like to pay attention to more of the details in each episode...e.g., who the directors are, etc. 

I am planning on writing down things that I notice in each episode, then I will post it on this site on the threads for that season and episode.

Does this sound like a good plan?  Does anybody else have any other ideas I could use?  I am hoping to have dialogue with people about each episode.

Thanks!