GilmoreGirls.org Forum
October 26, 2021, 10:33:24 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Which of the following is your favorite saying from the shows quirkyest star?
"It sounded like an elephant up there. And Rory weighs like 10 ounces, so.." - 33 (6.6%)
Refering to Dean and Rory. "Yeah, there's strech and skinny." - 18 (3.6%)
Lorelai: Its like falling 600 feet to your death. You know, its fun the first 599 feet, but its just that last foot--total sucko - 98 (19.6%)
Oh, I can't stop drinking the coffee. I stop drinking coffee, I stop doing the standing and walking and the words putting-into-sentence doing. - 200 (40%)
Oy with the poodles already! - 151 (30.2%)
Total Voters: 498

Pages: 1 ... 457 458 [459] 460 461 ... 467
  Print  
Author Topic: Lorelai Gilmore / Lauren Graham Appreciation  (Read 1182017 times)
cherilee13
Diner Chef

Community Points: 364

View Profile
« Reply #6870 on: March 16, 2009, 05:34:11 pm »

Thanks Caryn, that would really be great as long as Michelle doesn't mind.  I know that Luv Lauren (Deana) has also gone to see the show and has met Lauren. 

It was really cute last night after the show.  Someone from the Fan Forum got everyone to sing Happy Birthday to Lauren when she came out to sign autographs at the stage door.  I saw a vidio from it and she looked really touched by it.  They had to do it last night because there isn't a show tonight.  I wonder if they will sing Happy Birthday for her on Tuesday, too. 

I, too, want to wish Lauren a Fabulous Happy Birthday.   I was watching Entertainment Tonight, tonight and they memtioned at the end of the show that it is her birthday.  Yeah, more recognition for our girl. 

Sig by Sooks/Mel ~ Thank you sweet friend
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #6871 on: March 19, 2009, 10:29:03 pm »

Sorry about the double post.

We now have two more actors attached to "The Bridget Show" Where Lauren plays the Love Guru, Bridget O'Shea.  It keeps looking more and more like it is really going to happen.

Lucy Davis who plays Bridget's Assistant has been attached for a while

The two newbies are:

Holly Robinson Peete who plays Dr. Macy Day who is the guest therapist on Bridget's show and than later takes over the show.

and

Josh Braaten who plays Chris Hopper the stoner cousin of Brent, Bridgets recent ex boyfriend.

I read the sides yesterday and it looks like it is going to be a really funny show.  A lot of it had me in stitches.  I was really laughing a lot and can really see Lauren doing this part.  I can't wait to see it.  I also cant wait to find out who will be playing Brent, the ex and also her new love interest.  The later had better be someone really great. 

EDIT:  Lauren will be taking a break from Guys and Dolls to go to LA to film the pilot for The Bridget Show.  She will be in LA on April 7th, 8th, 9th, 14th, 15th and 16th. 

EDIT:  Jeffrey Tambor will be playing the part of Marty, Bridget's business manager.

EDIT:  Lauren will be on Jimmy Fallon's show tonight  4/3 (or actually 4/4 @12:37am)

EDIT:  Shooting for the most edits in a single post.   Cheesy  SPOILERS IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE JIMMY FALLON INTERVIEW YET.  I really liked the interview on Jimmy Fallon's show, but I keep finding inconsistancies in her interviews.  She says that she hasn't lived in New York since college, however, she has had an apartment there for several years and she has been there a lot.  We keep seeing pictures of her there.  Actually more from NY than from LA.  Both on Fallon and the View she has said that GaD is set in the 50s and in the other productions it has been, but Des McAnuff has said that he has places this production in the 30s like when the original books were written.  Someone needs to tell Lauren this.  I liked when Jimmy said that it was a bummer that her picture wasn't on the cover of Playbill.  That was sweet.  It is funny because when she was on Letterman, he said that doing the show was going to be harder than doing Gilmore Girls and she said that she didn't think so, but last night she said that it was nothing like her dreams of being in a show would be, that it was a lot harder.  She should have listened to Dave.  I wonder if being in this show until October is going to make her not want to do another stage production.  She has said that she gets tired of things quickly and this is the same thing day after day for a long time.  Thought that it was funny that she tried to catch Jimmy by saying that there were 5 Gilmore Girls in the show just to see if he would catch it.  He didn't so I guess he hasn't ever watched the show.  Cheesy  Those pics of her vocal cords did look dirty and a bit gross.  I thought dirty at first and than I thought that it was the mouth of some starfish or other sea creature.  Have to say, I don't recall seeing a pic of vocal cords before.  It was cute there little singing interview segment.  I wish that she would use her beautiful singing voice instead of her funny singing voice when she sings for things besides the show.  It is like she isn't comfortable really singing other than when she is doing GaD.  Her chair dancing was funny.  Oh, and does it look like her hair isn't quite as dark?

EDIT:   I wonder how Lauren's first week of taping the pilot for 'The Bridget Show' is going.  She is to be back in NY to do GaD tomorrow.  I hope all is going well.

Matthew Perry is scheduled to be on Letterman on the 16th and then The View and Jimmy Fallon on the 17th of this month.  I am not sure when they tape the shows, but I hope that he will be in NY long enough to be able to go and see Lauren in GaD while he is there.  She will be back in LA the 13th thru 16th and then back on stage on the 17th. 

That is 5 EDITs and counting Cheesy

EDIT:  Here is a place where you can watch a Q &A with Lauren Graham.  It is about 12 minutes long, just her and really great.

http://www.broadway.com/broadway_information_html/5015928   It is Ask a Star at Broadway.com    Enjoy. 

EDIT:  Yeah, Matthew Perry went to see Lauren in GaD on Sat., 4-28-09 and they were seen leaving the theater together.  I know they are just
          friends, but it is nice to know that he went to see the show (apparently for the second time) while he was in NY doing guest spots on the 
          NY shows to promote 17 Again. 

EDIT:  Just got my TV Guide for May 11-17 and opened it up and on page 3 is a full page picture/ad for Guys and Dolls.  It is the picture of the four
          leads from the first photoshoot before previews started.   It is the only ad that I have seen anywhere, but it is cool that it is in the TV Guide.

Okay, just wondering, is anyone reading any of this?  If not, I am just going to stop bringing anything here. 

EDIT:  Watched Lauren on Rachel Ray today and was a bit disappointed.  First off, I knew that she wouldn't get much time because on Monday's
          they are doing that cooking competition and it takes up most of the time.  Then Rachel spent too much time asking about Gilmore Girls and
          less time on Guys and Dolls (or at least it seemed like it to me) and no time on anything else.  Then the sound and the picture wasn't in sync
          so it was annoying to watch.  Not one of my favorites for sure. 

EDIT:  On May 12th, Lauren Graham and Oliver Platt were presented with Caricatures of themselves that will be hung on the Wall of Fame at the
          famous Sardi's restaurant in the theatre district in New York.  Lauren and Oliver were also given a copy of the caricatures for themselves. 
          You can find pictures of the event at lauren-online.net    http://lauren-online.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=250&pos=0

EDIT:  Lauren at the Woodstock Film Festival Benefit  http://lauren-online.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=249&pos=0

EDIT:  Lauren at the 75th Annual Drama League Awards 5-15-09 where she was one of the co-chairs and also a nominee (Geoffrey Rush won Sad)
          http://www.lauren-online.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=251&pos=0

« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 09:14:10 pm by cherilee13 » Logged

thevoid99
Diner Regular

Community Points: 19

Shame on our dirty little hearts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6872 on: May 24, 2009, 10:50:25 pm »

Wow, that's a lot of edits.  I just needed to post so you can post something. 
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #6873 on: May 25, 2009, 04:15:32 pm »

I was wondering if there was anyone out there who still came here besides me.  I had 12 EDITs and that was going to be the last that I posted unless someone else came to visit.  When I find some new stuff, I will be back.   Thank you, at least I know that one person is checking them out, or at least coming here.

calbomm
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 5

View Profile
« Reply #6874 on: May 26, 2009, 02:03:55 pm »

I still check the site and occasionally post.  It is not totally kaput.
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #6875 on: May 26, 2009, 05:51:57 pm »

It is nice to know that someone is still coming here.

About a week ago there was a show that was done to celebrate the nominees for the 2009 Tony's that will be aired on June 7th on CBS.  It is going to be shown on CBS sometime between now and the 6th of June so check you TV guides for when it will be aired in your area.  It is listed as Visa Tony Preview Awards Show.  Lauren Graham and Kate Jennings Grant will be singing "Marry The Man Today".  There will be other numbers from other nominated shows, but this will be the only one from GaD.  In the Detroit Area it will be shown on Saturday, May 30th at 2pm. 

The list of presenters for the Tony's were announced at 9am today and Lauren and Oliver Platt are both going to be presenters.  "Guys and Dolls"  is nominated for Best Revival of a Musical.  I think that it is also up for set design.

bensgirl
Town Resident

Community Points: 18

Colin, you forgot you milkmaid

View Profile
« Reply #6876 on: May 26, 2009, 05:55:56 pm »

i check this place out sometimes too (:

"When I stepped out into the bright sunlight..."
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #6877 on: May 26, 2009, 08:18:36 pm »

Thanks ~ I hope that what I bring over are things that are new to most and are enjoyed by all.

EDIT:  Watched Lauren and Kate singing 'Marry The Man Today' on the Visa Tony Award Preview Concert this afternoon and they
          were great.  I had a big grin on my face the whole time they were singing.  After the show was over I watched it at least a
          dozen times and have since watched it at least a dozen more.  It has made me want to go and see the show even more than
          ever, but sadly, I know that I never will be able to.  I sure do hope that at some point at least some of the show will be
          released. 
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 10:15:21 pm by cherilee13 » Logged

thevoid99
Diner Regular

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6878 on: June 03, 2009, 12:11:54 pm »

There's always bootlegs.  Sometimes, they might not be in the best quality unless someone manages to pull in something pretty decent. 
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #6879 on: June 03, 2009, 04:41:59 pm »

Lauren and Kate singing 'Marry The Man Today' was not bootlegs, it was on CBS and it was really great.  There were also songs done from the other musicals on Broadway that are up for Tonys.

EDIT:  Here is a video for Broadway.com that has Tituss Burgess (Nicely Nicely Johnson from GaD) interviewing people from the show including the four leads.  The interviews are done in their teeny tiny dressing rooms.  Lauren in really funny. 
http://www.broadway.com/broadway_information_html/5015931

EDIT:  you can download and watch Lauren and Kate's number from the Tonys Concert here.   
http://rs676.rapidshare.com/files/239070369/LGTonyConcert.wmv

EDIT:  Only 24 hours for the Tony Awards.  It doesn't look like Lauren will be in any of the numbers, but she will be presenting.  The opening numbers is suppose to be really big plus they are saying that there will be more musical numbers than in past Tony Award shows.  Can't wait, even though I know Guys and Dolls isn't going to win.  The red carpet is suppose to be aired on line at TonyAwards.com  along with the technical awards. 

EDIT:  Watched the Tony Awards last night and wasn't very impressed.  I usually love the Tony Awards, but this year there was a lot of trouble with the sound during the musical numbers including "Sit Down, Your Rockin' the Boat".   Plus it was pretty boring, including the opening number that they were saying was going to be so spectacular and spent so much money and time on.  It was pretty funny when Bret Michaels was knocked to the ground by a prop during it, though.  Scared me at first but then it was funny.  Lauren was GORGEOUS as always. 
« Last Edit: June 08, 2009, 05:24:14 pm by cherilee13 » Logged

cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #6880 on: June 09, 2009, 12:40:41 pm »

I'm sorry about the double post, but I feel this deserves it's own post.  I just read that this Sunday (6-14-09) will be the final performance of Guys and Dolls.  It is cutting it's run short by 3 1/2 months.  I am so shocked and sad for Lauren and every one else in the show.  I can't believe that they aren't giving it at least part of the summer to see if the numbers would rise.  I know that a lot of people were planning to go and see the show during the summer.  I had a feeling that it would end before the run was scheduled to end at the end of September, but I really didn't think that it would be this soon.   Shocked Cry

thevoid99
Diner Regular

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6881 on: June 09, 2009, 03:54:14 pm »

I heard what happened to Bret Michaels.  That's hilarious.

Oh, that sucks for Lauren.  I just hope there was at least a decent audience that got to see it, unlike that crappy play Rosie O'Donnell produced.

Oh, there was a trailer link for The Answer Man at the IMDB site. 
mela489
Town Elder

Community Points: 310

<3 Tuesday nights are my day of the week <3

View Profile
« Reply #6882 on: June 09, 2009, 07:56:01 pm »

HEY ALL!!!!!! It's been pages since I've been here.... Read/skimmed them all.....and I found out Lauren was staring in Guys and Dolls from my mom and she got tickets for us (and other family who love Lauren Graham) to go. The show was REALLY good. I was surprised how good Lauren was playing her part and on broadway.  It was funny a couple times I could see her eyes role a little like she was trying to remember what came next.... but after doing it so much it probably is very repetitive.

Here are a couple pictures I / my mom took. She wouldn't let anyone take pictures with her. Just sort of rushed by signing autographs. Though she did talk to me, and it was COMPLETELY awesome!!!!!!! I was estatic, jumping up and down and SO excited!

I had never seen Guys and Dolls before but I really liked it and the show in general was great. I was nudging my sister when Lauren came on stage because I was like "She's like 100 feet from me! She is there in real life and not in a TV box." haha.

Here are some pictures:

Melanie ~JavaJunkie~ *Noodie* ~Dodger~ *Headliner* Angela! Hearts Always PTS's at heart Hearts Just say,"Yes M.A.M.M"
thevoid99
Diner Regular

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6883 on: June 09, 2009, 08:08:22 pm »

Oh, this just in.  A link from Apple for the trailer (and in HD) of The Answer Man.  Enjoy!
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #6884 on: June 10, 2009, 10:16:18 am »

Mela489 ~ Thank you so much for telling us about your experience with seeing Guys and Dolls and meeting Lauren and for posting those beautiful pictures of her at the stage door.  I am glad that you enjoyed it.  It is great to see that someone here at the org was able to go and see her.  These pictures put a little happiness here which we need now that we know that the show will be ending this Sunday. 

thevoid99 ~ Thank you for bringing the trailer for The Answer Man here.  Can't wait to see this movie.  I hope that it will come to a theater near me, but if not I hope that the DVD will be out soon afterwards.

Pages: 1 ... 457 458 [459] 460 461 ... 467
  Print  

Jump to: