GilmoreGirls.org Forum
October 26, 2021, 11:43:52 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Which of the following is your favorite saying from the shows quirkyest star?
"It sounded like an elephant up there. And Rory weighs like 10 ounces, so.." - 33 (6.6%)
Refering to Dean and Rory. "Yeah, there's strech and skinny." - 18 (3.6%)
Lorelai: Its like falling 600 feet to your death. You know, its fun the first 599 feet, but its just that last foot--total sucko - 98 (19.6%)
Oh, I can't stop drinking the coffee. I stop drinking coffee, I stop doing the standing and walking and the words putting-into-sentence doing. - 200 (40%)
Oy with the poodles already! - 151 (30.2%)
Total Voters: 498

Pages: 1 ... 456 457 [458] 459 460 ... 467
  Print  
Author Topic: Lorelai Gilmore / Lauren Graham Appreciation  (Read 1182103 times)
cherilee13
Diner Chef

Community Points: 364

View Profile
« Reply #6855 on: February 10, 2009, 10:41:13 am »

Yes, I have seen it many many times.  I have the DVD and it was on last night.  I did a Lauren Graham marathon night last night.  I watched the first half of 'Nightwatch' then switched over to 'Lucky 13' (going back and forth between the two because they overlapped) and then 'Seeing Other People' came on a couple of hours later.  Before SOP came on, I watched an episode of Gilmore Girls. 

Anyway, back to 'Lucky 13'  It is a bit of a strange movie but I do like it.  I think Lauren is so pretty when they go out for dinner.  Her eyes are sooooooo blue.  I not only like the movie because it is a Lauren movie, but 13 is my lucky number.  I got married on a Friday the 13th.  That is where the 13 comes in in cherilee13. 

If you have any questions about the movie, ask away.

Sig by Sooks/Mel ~ Thank you sweet friend
SydneyGirl
Diner Owner

Community Points: 250

bathroom kisses

View Profile
« Reply #6856 on: February 14, 2009, 08:21:57 am »

hey there....just wanted to say thanks for all the links...now i had a chance to catch up on Lauren news Cheesy so yeah, thanks for that

www.myspace.com/sydneygirl1903

I kissed a Peds surgeon ...
She’s perky, and has butterflies on her scrubcap. But she’s also hot. Really hot ...
Help me get over the butterflies
Nigella
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #6857 on: February 27, 2009, 12:23:13 am »

I'm loving the painting that's in Lorelai's living room, above the table where the phone is. It's a picture of a little woman, almost like the paintings by Botero, but different. Does anyone know who made her painting?!
thevoid99
Diner Regular

Community Points: 19

Shame on our dirty little hearts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6858 on: February 27, 2009, 01:45:12 pm »

I found this article from Yahoo!:  Gilmore Girl Lauren Graham is Broadway's New Doll
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #6859 on: March 07, 2009, 05:14:40 pm »

Well, Guys and Dolls had it's opening night and unfortunately met with a lot of bad reviews.  Lauren did get many nice reviews, but did get some bad ones, too.  Most of these reviews, as far as I can see, are by critics pretty much just for Broadway shows who have sticks up their butts.  IMO.  They seem to have gone in expecting a carbon copy of the 1992 revival of the show and went on and on compairing the four leads from this show to that one.  They needed to go in to seeing the show with a clean slate and expecting something new and different.  Thankfully there are a lot of people who have seen it and are saying that it is really great.  Some are even saying that Oliver Platt is getting more comforable with his part. 

There are so many clips and picture and reviews out there that it would take forever for me to post links to all of them.  If you want to check them out, go to one or more of these sites.

http://www.fanforum.com/f124/
http://www.lauren-online.net/
http://www.alexisandlauren.com/
http://l-graham.org/

thevoid99
Diner Regular

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6860 on: March 08, 2009, 11:46:46 am »

Broadway critics are tough.  Then again, I don't know very much about Broadway.

Obviously, the first show had to be nerve-wracking for the cast but after the 2nd and third performance.  I'm sure everyone got comfortable and had a great time.  As long as people are seeing it and enjoying it.  That's all it matters.

Black Sabbath and Led Zeppelin never got good reviews when they first came out.  Now, they're legends and people still listen to their stuff forcing the critics to eat their reviews. 
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #6861 on: March 08, 2009, 04:21:46 pm »

Here is a pretty good review of Guys and Dolls.  He did like Lauren

http://oscaremoore.com/guys-and-dolls-%E2%80%93-reviled-or-revered-revival

Yeah, a lot of people and projects go on to be really greatly recieved even when the reviews are bad. 

HermioneGirl101
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 4

Oh, Luke... How I love thee...

View Profile
« Reply #6862 on: March 08, 2009, 09:43:40 pm »

Belt it out, Lauren. Belt it out!

I actually had a dream about meeting her the other night. She was at a movie premiere and I ran up to her and we hugged and drank coffee and she signed my Gilmore Girls' Seasons.

Ding! You're a fairy!
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #6863 on: March 10, 2009, 11:48:56 am »

Just a thought!  If anyone here has gone to see or plans to go see Lauren in Guys and Dolls, maybe you would be willing to write a little review of the show.  Also, if you were able to meet or just see her after the show at the stage door.  Maybe share pictures if you got any.  I don't know if there are people here who don't go to other forums to see what they have.  If not, it would be nice for them to hear about your expierences.  Maybe, even there is some one here who doesn't go to other forums, but has seen the show, it would be nice to hear from you.  Like I said, it is just a thought. 

HermioneGirl101
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 4

Oh, Luke... How I love thee...

View Profile
« Reply #6864 on: March 11, 2009, 01:00:50 pm »

My cousin and I really, really, really want to go and see it, but I have so many projects right now... Plus I don't have that kind of money for tickets.

Ding! You're a fairy!
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #6865 on: March 13, 2009, 11:26:01 am »

Here are some more pics of Lauren from Guys and Dolls.  There are three in a row that were taken when she sings "Take Back Your Mink" that show the three stages of clothes as she strips down.  Didn't know that she went to the third stage.  Wow! Has she got an amazing body.    http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/nn9/broadwayvids/

thevoid99
Diner Regular

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6866 on: March 13, 2009, 12:57:32 pm »

I agree... DAYUM!!!!

I bet Scott Patterson got a really good look at her body in 5.03-Written in the Stars  Smiley
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #6867 on: March 13, 2009, 06:53:50 pm »

I'm sure she had one of those flesh tone body suits on, but I hear that they don't really conceal very well.  I am also sure that Scott is a gentleman and didn't look.  I always have to laugh when I watch that episode because when Luke reaches for the pad of paper and a pen to write down the CDs to buy, there is a butt shot oportunity for Lauren.  I am sure that he has something on, though, but I still get a visual there myself and have to giggle a bit. 

edit:  here is a new trailer for the now titled movie "The Answere Man".  You will first click on PROJECTS at the left and then go down to THE ANSWER MAN.   It is a great trailer.  A lot of Lauren in it.   http://www.120dbfilms.com/
« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 10:17:34 pm by cherilee13 » Logged

thevoid99
Diner Regular

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6868 on: March 16, 2009, 12:20:48 pm »

Today is Lauren's 42 birthday.  She shares it with such famous people like Academy Award-winning auteur Bernardo Bertolucci, acclaimed French actress Isabelle Huppert, and TV star Erik Estrada aka Ponch from C.H.i.Ps
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1944

View Profile
« Reply #6869 on: March 16, 2009, 02:31:26 pm »

Just a thought!  If anyone here has gone to see or plans to go see Lauren in Guys and Dolls, maybe you would be willing to write a little review of the show.  Also, if you were able to meet or just see her after the show at the stage door.  Maybe share pictures if you got any.  I don't know if there are people here who don't go to other forums to see what they have.  If not, it would be nice for them to hear about your expierences.  Maybe, even there is some one here who doesn't go to other forums, but has seen the show, it would be nice to hear from you.  Like I said, it is just a thought. 

Michelle (wmushell) went and took some photos.  I thought she might have come by here to post about it and show some of those photos but I guess not.  I have some copies though so I will scan then in and post them sometime soon.

And happy birthday Lauren.  It's actually the day after where I live but for all intents and purposes I guess this is the correct time to post this message to her. Smiley

Please read Forum Rules
Pages: 1 ... 456 457 [458] 459 460 ... 467
  Print  

Jump to: