GilmoreGirls.org Forum
November 27, 2021, 06:43:56 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Which of the following is your favorite saying from the shows quirkyest star?
"It sounded like an elephant up there. And Rory weighs like 10 ounces, so.." - 33 (6.6%)
Refering to Dean and Rory. "Yeah, there's strech and skinny." - 18 (3.6%)
Lorelai: Its like falling 600 feet to your death. You know, its fun the first 599 feet, but its just that last foot--total sucko - 98 (19.6%)
Oh, I can't stop drinking the coffee. I stop drinking coffee, I stop doing the standing and walking and the words putting-into-sentence doing. - 200 (40%)
Oy with the poodles already! - 151 (30.2%)
Total Voters: 498

Pages: 1 ... 452 453 [454] 455 456 ... 467
  Print  
Author Topic: Lorelai Gilmore / Lauren Graham Appreciation  (Read 1208688 times)
SydneyGirl
Diner Owner

Community Points: 250

bathroom kisses

View Profile
« Reply #6795 on: November 03, 2008, 01:27:36 am »

I've been so obsessed with Lauren lately, I don't know where this came from all of the sudden. I've always admired her and thought she was a wonderful actor, person, and inspiration for all. But, I've been reading about her and watching some old interviews and then making graphics with her and it's just wonderful!! So, I'm just going with it! Smiley

I think I know what you mean here Mel.  While I'm not obsessed with her at the moment and I've also always had a fond appreciation for her brilliance and ability to entertain, lately I just find myself searching for things and re-watching old interviews of her.  I've come to the conclusion that, for me personally, there is just nobody out there that fills that void at the moment.  And no matter how crappy a mood I am in I can watch an interview of hers and truly giggle or laugh out loud (I still adore the singing one on Ellen about not selling her melons for a strong of beads Cheesy).  She is blessed with a wonderful ability to bring joy to others and out small tv screen is missing that in a big way at the moment.   The longer GG is gone from our screens, the more it stands out like the big white elephant that it is!!!!
I think you've said it brilliantly. I love youtube and being able to see her interviews and the other thing I love is that I can find some of my favorite scenes from Gilmore Girls on youtube and just watch that scene quick and be happy without having to pull out my DVD's and find it. I just adore her and the more and more I research about her, read and hear, I love her more. I so very much wish she were in more...but hope that she's happy with the amount of work she's doing. I went back earlier today and read some of the interviews she did at the end of Gilmore Girls and though it made me sad somewhat, I really hope she's happy! She really knows how to bring emotions out in one. But, I'm willing to experience those emotions with her and because of her. The "obsession" has died down a bit for now, but I've never really had a true obsession with regard to her, so it was a new experience, but one that I didn't mind at all. I'm still enjoying creating new graphics with her. I hope to see Flash of Genius sometime soon. But, I can feel a calm in the obsession of LG! Having said that, she'll never lose the special place she has in my heart! Awww...

Guess who s back for a short visit Smiley

it s funny, but the last 2 days i have been doing exactly what Mel and Caryn discribed Smiley Rewatching some interviews with Lauren and actually finding out that i haven t seen some of the latest interviews. I m feeling pretty much the same as Caryn Smiley i m not being obsessed with Lauren as I used to be about a year or two ago. But true, nobody there to fill that gap. Sure there are other, like the beautiful Simmone Jade MAckinnon  Smitten but it s just not the same. How could it be?! Cheesy

After watching some interviews yesterday and the day before yesterday i even made a wallie.Not my best work, because i didn t put that much time into making it, but nevertheless i like it Smiley so i share it with you Smiley and while i m already on it i also share some of my fav ones

www.myspace.com/sydneygirl1903

I kissed a Peds surgeon ...
She’s perky, and has butterflies on her scrubcap. But she’s also hot. Really hot ...
Help me get over the butterflies
cherilee13
Diner Chef

Community Points: 364

View Profile
« Reply #6796 on: November 03, 2008, 10:35:30 am »

I am still obsessed with Lauren Graham and those are really amazing wallies.  Chasing Destiny has a special spot in my heart because there are a lot of things that happened in that movie that match with things that happened in my life.  Thank you for sharing those with us. 

Sig by Sooks/Mel ~ Thank you sweet friend
katlyn13579
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 18

Happy Birthday Lauren!!!

View Profile
« Reply #6797 on: November 03, 2008, 02:17:33 pm »

OMG, I so wish that I lived in New York City or close by it.  Just found out that Lauren Graham is going to play Miss Adelaide in the Broadway revival of 'Guys and Dolls"  Opening night will be March 1, 2009 with previews beginning on February 3rd.   I are reall jazzed for her.  She loves doing theater and the part is so right for her.  Oliver Platt will be playing Nathan Detroit.  I sooooooooooo would love to see it.   You can read more about it at http://www.gilmoregirlsnews.com   and at http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/10/28/gilmore-girl-lauren-graha_n_138722.html

I KNOW I WATCHED THE INTERVIEW!!!!!!!!!! I am so excited! I dont live in New York but I am going and I am praying to god that I will see her!!!! lol

thevoid99
Diner Regular

Community Points: 19

Shame on our dirty little hearts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6798 on: November 03, 2008, 07:31:41 pm »

Oh, I'm watching an episode of 3rd Rock from the Sun called Dick's First Birthday and it has an appearance from Lauren Graham as an anthropologist who has a thing for older men.  John Lithgow's character tries to act younger but she has a boyfriend who is a year older than her.  I think I also saw Michael DeLuise's brother David as one of his students. 

I used to watch that show.  It's hilarious and Lauren looked cute with curly hair.   
SydneyGirl
Diner Owner

bathroom kisses

View Profile
« Reply #6799 on: November 04, 2008, 01:14:10 am »

I am still obsessed with Lauren Graham and those are really amazing wallies.  Chasing Destiny has a special spot in my heart because there are a lot of things that happened in that movie that match with things that happened in my life.  Thank you for sharing those with us. 

You are very welcome, it s no use in making them only for me Wink I love this movie, too, although it doens t have anything to do with my life. It s a very touching movie and i cry every time ...hehe...and btw, i m not so sure if we have met yet, because i don t come here as much as i used to Smiley i m Anna!

Oh, I'm watching an episode of 3rd Rock from the Sun called Dick's First Birthday and it has an appearance from Lauren Graham as an anthropologist who has a thing for older men.  John Lithgow's character tries to act younger but she has a boyfriend who is a year older than her.  I think I also saw Michael DeLuise's brother David as one of his students. 

I used to watch that show.  It's hilarious and Lauren looked cute with curly hair.   

i know what you mean Smiley she s sooo cutw with curly hair...hehe...lets see, i might have a pic of her with curly hair....*searching...searching....searching*
yep found one Wink

(click for larger pic)

She’s perky, and has butterflies on her scrubcap. But she’s also hot. Really hot ...
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #6800 on: November 04, 2008, 10:40:15 am »

Katlyn ~ I hope that you will be able to go see Guys and Dolls and will be able to meet Lauren.  That would be so amazing.  I found out about her doing Guys and Dolls a few days before she was on Craig Ferguson.  I will so envy everyone who gets to go see her, but will be so happy for them.  I just hope that info, pictures and hopefully clips, oh and a new soundtract will be showing up after it gets started.  Rehearsals will start in December. I also hope that they will do a song from it, with her singing, at the Tony Awards next year.  I think that they are about a month after the show starts and they usually do stuff from revivals.  Others who have done the part of Adalaide have won Tony's.  We can only hope that she will finally get recognized for the great work that she does.  *fingers already crossed*

Void ~  I caught 3rd Rock as well.  I have seen that episode so many times.  I remember it from the first time it was shown plus I have that season on DVD.  I like her short curly hair as well.  She had it like that in Caroline in the City, Law and Order and Townies.  I also like her long, wavy hair as well.

Anna ~ Hi!  We have met a couple to times either here or in the other threads, but I don't remember if I ever caught your name.  I just go by Cheri.  Thanks for that pic.  Her hair is REALLY curly in it.  I like her hair better shorter when it is that curly.  I cry every time I watch Chasing Destiny, too.  I love the song Jessy and I will never forget what Bobby's fortune said "Poetry fills your heart today and raindrops bring love".  Would love to know if the poem that he recited to her when she was in the bathroom was something from Byron or someone else or just something written for the movie.  Do you know?  A couple of the things from the movie that match my life are that my dad owned a '64 Mustang (the 7th off of the assembly line), he died at home like Jet did, but I wasn't there to say good bye but did have an outing with him a week before like Bobby did with his dad.  There were a lot of other things that were similar as well.  So not only was it a good movie, it keeps memories alive for me. 

Sarah87
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #6801 on: November 06, 2008, 02:01:09 am »

Lauren is an amazing actor! Definitely not given enough credit!  Grin
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #6802 on: November 06, 2008, 11:24:24 am »

That is so true!!!!

wmushell
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 950

View Profile
« Reply #6803 on: November 06, 2008, 05:05:21 pm »

Celebrate  I'm so going.  I heard about her being on Broadway the day the news broke (because three people called me telling me about it knowing how I'm the hugest of Lauren fans!) and I knew right away that there is no way I'm missing the opportunity to see her live.  Besides that, I absolutely adore Guys and Dolls!  The plane ride is simply too short to pass up this once in a lifetime opportunity.  The timing is slightly unfortunate as I'm already going to Australia in June (& meet Caryn and B hopefully!!!), but que sera.  You gotta live your life, right?  Yay!!!  2009 is shaping up to be quite a year!  Celebrate

cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #6804 on: November 07, 2008, 09:57:44 am »

Shell ~ that is so great that you are going to go and see our Lauren in Guys and Dolls.  I so wish that I could but I know that I can't.  I get news about Lauren at my e-mail when it breaks so I knew about it right away as well and nearly flipped for joy, but then got a bit, well actually a lot bummed because I knew that I wouldn't be able to go.  I am so excited for her because I know that she loves musicals and has always wanted to be in one on Broadway and that she really likes Guys and Dolls.  It is so amazing.  From reading everything at Fan Forum, it sounds like people from around the world are going to be going to see her.  I am so jealous and just hopeing that those of us who can't go will get something, somewere, sometime ASAP after it starts to see and hear.  I am going to try to get a Play Bill from it somehow so that I atleast have something.  Maybe when you go you can put it up here so that we can see the Lauren parts of it.  Just a thought.  I really like that poster.  It is so great to see her name on it.  I am also going to try to get one of the posters from when the show actually starts. 

Question?  I keep reading that people are saying that Oliver Platt is really short.  I have read at IMDb that he is 6'3".  Does anyone know how tall or short he actually is?  Not that it really matters,though, Nathan Lane was shorter than Faith Prince when they did G&D.  Seems like that is the way that it is meant to be.  Think that it is kind of cool that he spent his childhood in Washington DC  and Lauren grew up in Virginia in the DC area.  A little bit of trivia. 

Wow, next year is going to be a busy and exciting year for you.  Hope you have lots of fun.   Smiley

Lauren is my idol
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 277

.:.Lauren is such an inspiration to me!.:.

View Profile
« Reply #6805 on: November 07, 2008, 09:09:48 pm »

Oh my god I want to go soooo bad! But I don't think my dad would let me... I would love, love LOVE to see her live!!

Java Junkie Pleased
"I just like to see you happy"
My names Gena. Like Jenna =]
ILY mel, olivia, amber, dybbi, maggie, myra, britney, grace, rory, spence
Gilmore_Lover
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 77

*Jenny*

View Profile
« Reply #6806 on: November 10, 2008, 04:51:33 pm »

OHHHH MYYYY GODDDD.
MY LIFE IS COMPLETE.
My 2 favorite things in the world?
GILMORE GIRLS AND BROADWAY.
How is this possible.
omg i'm beyond excited.

<333 WATCH THIS--It'll change your life.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vr3x_RRJdd4 .ONE LOVE.
SydneyGirl
Diner Owner

bathroom kisses

View Profile
« Reply #6807 on: November 12, 2008, 02:54:51 pm »

Anna ~ Hi!  We have met a couple to times either here or in the other threads, but I don't remember if I ever caught your name.  I just go by Cheri.  Thanks for that pic.  Her hair is REALLY curly in it.  I like her hair better shorter when it is that curly.  I cry every time I watch Chasing Destiny, too.  I love the song Jessy and I will never forget what Bobby's fortune said "Poetry fills your heart today and raindrops bring love".  Would love to know if the poem that he recited to her when she was in the bathroom was something from Byron or someone else or just something written for the movie.  Do you know?  A couple of the things from the movie that match my life are that my dad owned a '64 Mustang (the 7th off of the assembly line), he died at home like Jet did, but I wasn't there to say good bye but did have an outing with him a week before like Bobby did with his dad.  There were a lot of other things that were similar as well.  So not only was it a good movie, it keeps memories alive for me. 

hey cheri, we might have met before. and i might have forgotten that. i am sorry, it s nothing personal though...just my very bad memory combined with the fact that i don t come here often anymore...but since i am rediscovering my lauren obsession i have been coming here more often lately, even if i don t post here every time Wink

i ve been on a lauren picture hunt, and because the last one was quite some time ago i have found many new pics. well the were new to me Wink and i have made another wallie that i would like to share with all the others out there, who obsess with lauren just like i do Wink

about Chasing Destiny, I know nothing about the poem, sorry. But if you ever will find out let me know! Maybe next time I watch the movie i ll write it down and just google it and see if something comes up. I love the song Jesse, too. Was this speccially written for the movie? I have been looking for it, but couldn t find anything. Do you know?

Today I watched the Lauren interview with Craig Ferguson from october 31st. I haven t seen it before. But it made me laugh a lot. Well, like everytime she speaks to Craig. It s just as funny as the interviews with Ellen Smiley I thought it was so funny, when Craig asked her about her knee and she said sth about touching herself  Grin

I wish I could see her on broadway. But that won t be possible Sad I guess I have to hope that somebody will put something on the internet *keepsfingerscrossed*
« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 03:38:23 pm by SydneyGirl » Logged

cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #6808 on: November 14, 2008, 11:11:19 am »

Anna, don't worry about not remembering me.  We meet a lot of people here so it is hard to remember everyone.  I have to admit that I keep a log of the people that I have chatted with and interest me so that I can look at it to find names and yet I still forget some from time to time.  I'm not really sure which thread it was that our paths first crossed, but that doesn't matter. 

I really love your new wallie.  It is amazing.  If I ever change my wallpaper, I will want to use one of yours.  The one I have now is a pic of Lauren and Matthew from Sundance that I put up as soon as I saw it.  I keep saying that I am going to change it because I see a lot of amazing ones of Lauren, but can't bring myself to actually do it. 

I have borrowed poetry books from the library to see if I could find the poem from Chasing Destiny, but nothing.  I have it written down somewhere, but I had to pack up a lot of stuff when we had some work done around here earlier this year and I haven't come across it since. 

Not sure if the song was written for the movie or not.  It seems that in my search on line that it was on a Kelly Keeling (guitar player in the band in the movie) album done before 200l which is when Chasing Destiny came out.  I do know that it is also on an album  done in 2003, 'Giving Sight To The Eye'.   I also know that Roger Daltrey (Nehemiah) sings the song, Drake Bell (Walter) plays guitar and Carmine Appice(drummer in band) plays drums in the song on the album.  Off hand, I can't remember the band name(s) that these guys have played together in.  I have tried to locate the CD(s) but haven't been able to other than the one mentioned above and that was on line but I don't order anything on line. 

Yeah, I liked the Oct. 31st interview Lauren did on Craig Ferguson.  The first time around I didn't like the whole British thing and how they kept talking over each other, but when I watched it again I thought that it was really funny.  Specially when after a bit she caught on to what he said about David B's voice being high and she was like "Huh, what?"  Cheesy Hasn't she ever heard him talk before?  Maybe she has always been too mesmerised by his looks to actually hear him speak Cheesy.  Thought it was funny about the whole touching of her knee, but, heck, she does that all of the time in all of her intertviews.  Heck, she strokes her leg from knee to ankle a lot of the times.

I am so with you in hoping that something will come up on line regarding 'Guys and Dolls' so that we can see Lauren sing more than just a line seriously.  I loved hearing her sing "I Will Always Love You".  It was really great, but she had to make it sound like she was flustered once Luke came in.  She was really belting it out before that and I was so annoyed that the crowd was talking and applauding through it.  I Just wanted to hear her sing.  Okay, off track there, but I am hoping to see and hear some of G&D because I, too, will not be able to go and see her.   Sad Cry  *keepsfingerscrossed,too*

EDIT:  A little Flash of Genius news.  It will be coming out on DVD on February 17, 2009 here in the US and will have a couple of bonus features:  deleted scenes and featue commentary with director Marc Abraham.  I am hoping that some of those deleted scenes will include the scenes that were in the trailer that we didn't get in the movie.  Can't wait for it to come out.   The next thing that will make me happy is to find out when The Dream of the Romans will be released.  I had heard at one point that it would be in February, but now with Lauren going to be doing Guys and Dolls, I don't know if it will be put on hold because she won't be able to do much in promoting the movie until after she is done with the musical.

The official website for Guys and Dolls is now up.  http://guysanddollsbroadway.com/   They even have a couple of wallpapers available

EDIT:  Just read that 'The Dream of the Romans'  will be premiering at Sundance Film Festival which will be held Jan. 15th to Jan. 25, 2009.  I don't know if this means that they will be there to try to get a distributor like for 'Birds of America' or if that will just be where it will premiere.  I am wondering if Lauren will be able to get there for it since rehearsals for 'Guys and Dolls' starts on or about December 15th.  I hope that she will be able to make it for atleast a couple of days and that we will get some new pictures of her.  I really hope that tDotR will make it to the theaters.  I really like to see Lauren on the big screen. 

Yet another EDIT:  The title of 'The Dream of the Romans' has now been changed to "Arlen Faber' and is listed as such on the Sundance Film Festival list of movies that will be shown there.  I think that TDotR was a much better title and more of an attention graber, but that is just my opinion.  What ever the title, I do wish it well and hope that it picks up a distributor. 
« Last Edit: December 04, 2008, 11:46:48 am by cherilee13 » Logged

cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #6809 on: December 12, 2008, 10:21:48 am »

Okay, enough of the EDITs  ~ Sorry about the double posts

Variety just announced that Lauren Graham has developed a new half hour comedy show that ABC will be producing.  She will star in it and will play a self-help guru who shows women how to live without stress, but has a hard time living up to her teachings after her boyfriend dumps her.  Lauren will be a producer for the series.  I can't wait to see it.

you can go here to read more:    http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117997265.html?categoryId=1300&cs=1

Pages: 1 ... 452 453 [454] 455 456 ... 467
  Print  

Jump to: