GilmoreGirls.org Forum
November 27, 2021, 06:40:52 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Which of the following is your favorite saying from the shows quirkyest star?
"It sounded like an elephant up there. And Rory weighs like 10 ounces, so.." - 33 (6.6%)
Refering to Dean and Rory. "Yeah, there's strech and skinny." - 18 (3.6%)
Lorelai: Its like falling 600 feet to your death. You know, its fun the first 599 feet, but its just that last foot--total sucko - 98 (19.6%)
Oh, I can't stop drinking the coffee. I stop drinking coffee, I stop doing the standing and walking and the words putting-into-sentence doing. - 200 (40%)
Oy with the poodles already! - 151 (30.2%)
Total Voters: 498

Pages: 1 ... 450 451 [452] 453 454 ... 467
  Print  
Author Topic: Lorelai Gilmore / Lauren Graham Appreciation  (Read 1208687 times)
cherilee13
Diner Chef

Community Points: 364

View Profile
« Reply #6765 on: October 02, 2008, 10:00:43 am »

Thank you for the article and picture.  Somehow I managed to miss that one.  All of their responses were funny.  I especially liked was Marc Abraham's comment about the brakes, or lack of.  I liked Lauren's comment regarding transferring her CDs onto her computer.  to put onto her iPod, I assume.  You know what they say about assuming.   The picture was nice and different.  Thanks again.

EDIT:  At lauren-online.net  http://www.lauren-online.net/   there are several interview videos one with asylum in which Lauren refers to herself as Lorelai Gilmore.  It was really cute.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 12:05:27 pm by cherilee13 » Logged

Sig by Sooks/Mel ~ Thank you sweet friend
thevoid99
Diner Regular

Community Points: 19

Shame on our dirty little hearts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6766 on: October 02, 2008, 12:20:26 pm »

Flash of Genius review by Roger Ebert and it's a good one.

This man is probably my fave film critic.  What he said in why he didn't go see Disaster Movie is enough for me to award him extremely cool points and street cred.  He's da bomb!  Even if I don't agree with some of his reviews. 
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #6767 on: October 02, 2008, 06:42:34 pm »

Yeah, that's another good one that I missed.  You are good at filling in the gaps in my FoG file.  Thanks.

I like hearing Roger Ebert's reviews on movies but I quiet often don't agree with him.  I like to hear what people think about movies so I read their reviews, but I don't use them as a base as to wheather or not to see a movie.  I go to see a movie just on the basis of if what I see in trailers and such interest me or if there is someone in the movie that I like to see.  It is even better if both are involved.  Well, then there is always the reason that my husband wants to see it and since the last movie we went to see was one I wanted to see I say okay.  haha  That is part of the give and take in a marriage.   Cheesy

EDIT:  Just read that Lauren will be on the Bonnie Hunt Show on October 6th.

ANOTHER EDIT:   I watched Lauren on the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson and she was a delight but as figured still all giggley, but did tell a stroy about going to Ireland with her Dad and even though Gilmore Girls is shown there, no one recognized her.  They talked to all excited that Pierce Brosnan got married there and Pam Dawber from Mork and Mindy was staying there in the hotel right then.  It was funny.  I am sure that some people did recognize her, though.   They even talked a little about Gilmore Girls or as Craig called it Golden Girls.  Liked her outfit.  Love her laugh.  Got a question about the Craig Ferguson show.  I have noticed that even though when the guests first come out it sounds like real people laughing, they use a laugh track and that they never show an audiance.  Do they not have a live audiance for this show?  They just go out there and tape this just in front of the camera and crew?  For some reason, I just noticed this about a week ago.  Hmm, curious.

Okay, I am a happy person now.  Lauren was on The Hour with George Stroumboulopoulos and yes, she was funny and there were some laughs, but it was a more serious, informative interview.  She talked a lot about the movie and making it.  Talked about her growing up with a single dad and how she didn't grow up with a lot of tech things in their home, including a micowave which she still doesn't own.  About past projects and how she learns more about her craft.  Even talked some about Gilmore Girls.  It was really refreshing and I really liked it.  It was funny because they were showing A LOT of scenes from Gilmore Girls and some scenes from other shows and movies (including the f-ing Santa scene from Bad Santa and her in her bra and panties in Sweet November) and when they paned to Lauren, in true Lauren fashion, she wasn't watching the screen to see what they were showing.  Got a giggle from that.  Oh, and she must have done this interview the same day as the Press Conference for FoG at the Toronto Film Festival because she was wearing the same dress.  The same one she wore on Ellen.  I knew that Lauren and Greg had both taped their interviews for this show during the Film Festival, but didn't figure that she would be wearing the same dress.  That's cool though.   Yeap, I am a very happy person now.  I know that it can be done and done well. 
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 11:43:59 am by cherilee13 » Logged

thevoid99
Diner Regular

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6768 on: October 03, 2008, 01:39:54 pm »

I saw her last nite on Craig Ferguson.  She was a hoot.  I liked the outfit she wore, very nice.  I think he's one of her fave guests.  I also love it when Jena Malone appears on the show.  It's always funny. 
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #6769 on: October 04, 2008, 04:33:26 pm »

I liked her outfit on Craig Ferguson as well.  Of course, I like her in just about anything.

Just got back from seeing FoG and my husband and I both thought it was good.  Was a little disappointed that a couple of the scenes shown in the first trailer weren't in the movie, but that always happens,  Maybe they will add those scenes in the extras on the DVD.  I won't go into the movie because I don't want to spoil it for anyone.   At first I thought that it would be a movie that would drag on, but those two hours went by really fast.  I hope everyone who goes to see it enjoys it. 

thevoid99
Diner Regular

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6770 on: October 04, 2008, 06:53:55 pm »

I'll wait for it on TV.  I'm too careful when it comes to films.  I'm looking for top-quality films.  Something that's very different and original.  The film I want to see that's coming in the few weeks are Jonathan Demme's Rachel Getting Married and Clint Eastwood's Changeling.  I'm a fan of Eastwood. 

Lauren so far, has worked with one reknowned auteur.  Terry Zwigoff, Bad Santa.  Everyone else are either commercial directors or obscure indie directors with the exception of the guy who re-made his own film Nightwatch which was on last nite on The Movie Channel.  At least it was fun to hear Lauren curse and such and be Josh Brolin's girlfriend, and one of the few people who don't get killed. 

I also note that Shelly Cole aka Madeline was in Zwigoff's Art School Confidential.  Lauren's definitely talented enough to work with great directors.  Let's hope she gets to do something with Judd Apatow or the Coen Brothers (with a really good script, Burn After Reading was OK).
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #6771 on: October 04, 2008, 09:24:18 pm »

I really like Lauren Graham and would go to watch her in anything.  I did like the story this movie was telling and I it was better than I thought that it would be.  You and I have different tastes in what we like in movies  but I do agree with you on some of what you are saying.  I do wish that she would get away from the indie movies and I would also like to see her in something done by the Coen Brothers.  I agree that she is talented enought to work with great directors.  I would love to see her in a larger roll in a more substantial movie. 

I have watched Nightwatch many times and I have it on DVD.  I would love to get ahold of the directors cut of it, but I am told it wasn't released here in the states. 

I am not real sure if I want to go see Rachel Getting Married.  I have seen different things, trailers and such, about it and I do like some of the people in it, but as of right now, it is one that I will wait to watch on TV.  Who knows how I will be thinking when it does come out though.  I don't really get to the movies all that often so there are a lot of movies I don't see until they come out on TV or sometimes earlier when they come out of DVD.  I also don't really pay that much attention to who directs movies.  I do know that the director can make a major difference in what movie can be, but I just to pay that much attention to it for some reason. 

If Changeling the one with Jolie in it?  If it is, that is one that I won't go see because I really don't like her.  She freaked me out for too many years.   

thevoid99
Diner Regular

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6772 on: October 05, 2008, 08:58:53 am »

Yes, Changeling is the film starring Angelina Jolie.

It's easy to forget that she's an Oscar winner and a really good actress.  I thought she was overlooked in A Mighty Heart by Michael Winterbottom, one of fave British directors.  She played a character with more restraint that it didn't have her play the Jolie characters we've often seen.  With Clint Eastwood, he brings out the best in actors.  Letting them improvise, take note with the character and for Jolie, it's a chance to prove that she's a real actress.  She got some great reviews at Cannes earlier this May for the film and Clint often makes film with substance and great power.  I would give her a chance.  It's a break from her usual mainstream faire.

Lauren in an Eastwood movie would be brilliant.  Just as long as she gets a real substantial role which Eastwood usually gives with his actresses. 
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #6773 on: October 05, 2008, 04:47:50 pm »

I do agree that Angelina is a good actress, but like I said before I just can't watch her in movies.  When I first heard that 'A Mighty Heart' was going to me made into a movie, I was really excited but then I was disappointed when I heard that Angelina was in it.  I am sure she did a great joy, but I will never watch it.

Yes, Eastwood does like to put women in really substantial roles in his movies and he is able to bring out the best in the actors who are in his movies.  He was filming 'Gran Torina' here in Michigan this summer.  I can't wait to see it.  It would be great if he did put Lauren in a substantial role in one of his movies.  I think that she would be really great. 

EDIT:  Opps, earlier I said that FoG went by really fast for a two hour movie.  Just read that it was 1 hour and 29 minutes instead of the one hour 59 minutes that I had read before we went to see it.  It still did go by fast. 

EDIT AGAIN:  Wow, I really liked Lauren's interview on the Bonnie Hunt Show today.  She was funny, a little giggley but not crazy giggley.  She talked about personnal stories, some that she talked about on other shows, but expanded on them a little and she talked more about FoG then she has in other interviews.  She was even talking in full sentences.  I really liked it.  So much so that I have watched it about ten times already.  I am a very happy person now.  She even showed a picture of herself with her father while on their bike tour of Ireland. 
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 05:15:44 pm by cherilee13 » Logged

Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #6774 on: October 06, 2008, 08:10:03 pm »

I could only find little bits from the Bonnie Hunt interview...but she's hilarious, she cracks me up ever time I see her! Wearing her Bluebird uniform to school with oven rack marks on her back because her father put her uniform in the oven to dry because the dryer was broken. "Bluebirds was like the B list Girl Scouts" HAHA! That woman is a genius, witty, and full of character! She's just the right balance of having it together and a little over the top. Ya know? She's not like so crazy and off the hook that you think she's on drugs or has completely lost it, but she gives you that fly by the seat of your pants feelings too...like hold on tight 'cuz you never know where she'll take you next. And I love that feeling!! Grin

Here's a video of Flash of Genius Press Conference
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KnDm27hXBU0

And here's an interview with Lauren on Blacktree.tv
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-POXeL50oSY
She states she's drawn to work on something that doesn't remind her of something she just worked on...wonder how long we'll have to wait for her to get excited to work on Gilmore Girls again?! When will they surprise us all with a special announcement that Gilmore Girls is reuniting for Season 8? ha! We can dream right...? Anyway, an interesting interview. Aren't they all?!
« Last Edit: October 06, 2008, 08:17:48 pm by Sooks » Logged

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #6775 on: October 06, 2008, 11:54:41 pm »

Thanks for putting those up Mel, they are great interviews.  I really laughed with the 'Ride or Die Chick' comment.  That was so funny.   I have seen the full TIFF press conference but I like the shortened one with just Lauren's part in it. 

I hope that someone puts up the whole Bonnie Hunt interview with Lauren so that you can see it and also see the pic of her and her dad on their vacation to Ireland.  It is a cute pic and a funny story to go with it.  I was just over at the LG fan forum and there are several people who think that the picture was taken years ago when she was younger, yet it was just taken recently while they were in Ireland.

While I was over at the fan forum I ran across a lot of people who agree with my thoughts about Lauren's interviews.  They also like the really funny Lauren, like she is on Ellen and Craig Ferguson, but like the much more composed Lauren interviews like on the Hour and Bonnie Hunt.  They are still funny and yet not too over the top.  They also liked the Bonnie Hunt interview the best just as I did. 

Sooks
Inn Bellhop

View Profile
« Reply #6776 on: October 10, 2008, 08:26:34 pm »

Two from the Bonnie Hunt...she always looks like she loves life more than anyone else could...I love it!

I wish I could have seen more than a few seconds of this interview. I'd love to see an interview where she's a bit more serious, not that I don't love her when she's off the wall crazy too. I'm hoping that someone posts a full video of it on youtube sometime soon. I'll check on that now.

And then a screencap from Flash of Genius

I've been so obsessed with Lauren lately, I don't know where this came from all of the sudden. I've always admired her and thought she was a wonderful actor, person, and inspiration for all. But, I've been reading about her and watching some old interviews and then making graphics with her and it's just wonderful!! So, I'm just going with it! Smiley

« Last Edit: October 10, 2008, 08:27:38 pm by Sooks » Logged

~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #6777 on: October 10, 2008, 08:52:47 pm »

Mel ~ I love the pictures.  I hope that you will be able to find the Bonnie Hunt interview with Lauren.  It was really good.  I recorded it on the DVR and just transfered it to VHS because we are getting a new DVR on tuesday because our isn't working right.  When I transfered it, I watched it about half a dozen more times.  It  is one of my favorite interviews.  I really love it when she is bouncing off the walls crazy, too, but I really love it more when she is funny yet still more serious.  I really liked it when she was talking about her trip to Ireland with her dad and showed us a picture of them while they were there.  You can really tell just how close she is to her dad and how much she really loves him.  It is really funny because over at the Lauren Graham fan forum, a lot of people are saying that the picture she showed on the Bonnie Hunt show was from a long time ago because she looks so young and is so little, when in fact it was from just recently when they were on their trip.  I'm not a member there so I can't say anything there.

I have to wonder what Lauren is doing because she looks younger every time I see her on anything or in pictures.  It has to be more then just not having all of the stress and putting in the long hours that she was while doing Gilmore Girls.  What ever it is, she really is looking so amazingly beautiful.

I like it when you are so obsessed with Lauren because we all then get to see more of your amazing graphics so obsesse away my good friend.  haha   ~ps~

Loved Flash of Genius.  I hope that when it comes out on DVD that they will have extras on it and show the scenes that were in the trailer buy not in the movie.  I was looking forward to seeing those parts but they weren't in the movie.  drats!!

Edit:  I really love it when we get all kinds of new stuff about Lauren but then I hate it when it all dies down and we have to wait so long for something new.  Can't wait for 'The Dream of the Romans' to come out next year so that we can see her again.  I miss her when she is gone.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2008, 09:41:59 pm by cherilee13 » Logged

cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #6778 on: October 17, 2008, 02:04:29 pm »

Please don't shoot the messenger for double posting  Cheesy

Just when I said that we might not be getting anything new from Lauren Graham until the release of 'The Dream of The Romans', I find these pictures of her at the opening night of 'All My Sons' on Broadway starring John Lithgow, Dianne Wiest and Katie Holmes.
You can find the pictures at http://www.lauren-online.net/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=222    They are, again, beautiful pictures of our beautiful Lauren. 

Sooks
Inn Bellhop

View Profile
« Reply #6779 on: October 17, 2008, 06:39:34 pm »

Gotta love Ms. Lauren Graham!! I love the screen caps from Flash of Genius! I hope the movie is a great as I think it is! Maybe next weekend I'll actually get to see it, this weekend's spoken for already...so I'm spending tonight, the only time I have to do really nothing much, reading about the movie and creating graphics. She's such an inspiration!

Those are such awesome pics of her, Cheri! I would have loved to have been there for the premier! What a stunning woman she is! Here's a great bunch of captures from the trailer that I found...and some stills from the movie. http://l-graham.org/gallery/index.php?cat=67
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 06:41:05 pm by Sooks » Logged

~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
Pages: 1 ... 450 451 [452] 453 454 ... 467
  Print  

Jump to: