GilmoreGirls.org Forum
June 29, 2022, 03:10:30 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Which of the following is your favorite saying from the shows quirkyest star?
"It sounded like an elephant up there. And Rory weighs like 10 ounces, so.." - 33 (6.6%)
Refering to Dean and Rory. "Yeah, there's strech and skinny." - 18 (3.6%)
Lorelai: Its like falling 600 feet to your death. You know, its fun the first 599 feet, but its just that last foot--total sucko - 98 (19.6%)
Oh, I can't stop drinking the coffee. I stop drinking coffee, I stop doing the standing and walking and the words putting-into-sentence doing. - 200 (40%)
Oy with the poodles already! - 151 (30.2%)
Total Voters: 498

Pages: 1 ... 447 448 [449] 450 451 ... 467
  Print  
Author Topic: Lorelai Gilmore / Lauren Graham Appreciation  (Read 1362308 times)
gilmoregirls1fan
Town Resident

Community Points: 13

View Profile
« Reply #6720 on: September 07, 2008, 08:50:23 pm »

Here some new pictures of her

Lauren and Greg Kinnear walking around the Telluride Film Festival.

cherilee13
Diner Chef

Community Points: 364

View Profile
« Reply #6721 on: September 08, 2008, 11:36:17 pm »

Those are great pictures of Lauren and Greg from Telluride Film Festival.  Wonder where Greg got that great rain gear. lol

Here is a place to go to see pictures from the Flash of Genius Conference at the Toronto International Film Festival:
http://l-graham.org/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=435

and here is the new Flash of Genius Official Web Site.  It has the movie trailer, wallpapers, cast bios and new pictures from the movie and more stuff will be added with time:
http://www.flashofgenius.net/

Edit:  Here are some red carpet pictures from the Toronto Film Festival:  http://l-graham.org/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=437
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 08:27:40 pm by cherilee13 » Logged

Sig by Sooks/Mel ~ Thank you sweet friend
thevoid99
Diner Regular

Community Points: 19

Shame on our dirty little hearts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6722 on: September 09, 2008, 02:07:43 pm »

She looks great.  Yet, standing next to Alan Alda must be intimidating.  The guy's a legend. 
Mike_54
Town Resident

Community Points: 28

View Profile
« Reply #6723 on: September 09, 2008, 04:54:05 pm »

She looks great.  Yet, standing next to Alan Alda must be intimidating.  The guy's a legend. 

Yeah, if I were Alan Alda I'd have been intimidated, too  Wink ...

...but, hey, that's me!
Mike
Lovefiend
Yale Alumnus

Community Points: 905

Shary's Stalkee, Lexie is my lil sis/ R.I.P BF

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6724 on: September 09, 2008, 06:05:08 pm »

Yeah, if I were Alan Alda I'd have been intimidated, too Wink ...

Hahah. Hahaha . Hahaha. Sweet.

Oh, and there's a ton of new Lauren pics on Wireimage.  Cool
« Last Edit: September 09, 2008, 11:07:18 pm by Lovefiend » Logged

~I wish I could touch you again, I wish I could still call you friend, I'd give, anything... ~

MiniPink
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #6725 on: September 10, 2008, 05:43:41 pm »

There are so many new pics, articles, and some videos showing up that I figure that it is just easier for my to put up the sites that I go to to see them and then you can also go to them and see what is new with Lauren Graham.

http://l-graham.org/

http://www.fanforum.com/f124/lauren-graham-picture-thread-53-out-about-62853442/

http://www.lauren-online.net/

http://www.gilmoregirlsnews.com/

I know that some of you already know about these sites but for those who don't, they are great places to find pictures of the always beautiful Lauren Graham.

If anyone knows of anyother sites, please let me know about them. 

I have also put this in the Show and Cast Member News :  Flash of Genius pictures thread

NOTE:  in the fanforum Lauren Graham Picture thread, I usually start on the last page and work my way up towards the first page until I start running into the pictures that I have already seen.  A bit of a note to anyone who has not been there yet.  This is the 53rd thread and the 54th will probably start soon.  That means a looootttt of beautiful pictures are on there starting at the beginning  of Gilmore Girls.  Have Fun and don't stay on too long at any one time because you will come out blury eyed and you can loose track of time.  hahahaha

EDIT:  just watched the TIFF FoG Press Conference and it was really good.  It was great to see Lauren do a smart and intellegent interview instead of the funny ones we see on the TV interview shows.  Not that I don't like those because I do like the funny side of her, but I really liked seeing her serious for a change.  I really have been anxious to see this movie and now after watching this interview, I really want to see it more.  I am glad that I saw this before going to see the movie.  You can watch it here:  http://tiff08.ca/livefromthefestival/videogallery/press/default.aspx  (you have to click on to the little pic of Greg in the blue suit)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2008, 10:40:11 pm by cherilee13 » Logged

Gilmoregirllover22
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #6726 on: September 11, 2008, 08:46:46 pm »

does anyone know how long lauren graham and marcus blucas have been dating?!?
Lovefiend
Yale Alumnus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6727 on: September 11, 2008, 09:05:34 pm »

They were allegedly dating years ago, but nothing's ever been confirmed, and I think those rumours died out 2 or 3 years ago. Isn't Marc married now, or something?

~I wish I could touch you again, I wish I could still call you friend, I'd give, anything... ~

MiniPink
thevoid99
Diner Regular

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6728 on: September 13, 2008, 08:31:21 pm »

I saw Marc Blucas in The Jane Austen Book Club.  Very good movie.  I highly recommend it. 

I just found another Toronto report from James Beradinelli.  A critic I like though at times, I disagree with him.

He talks about Flash of Genius and is a bit lukewarm about it because it's a film's that's been done so many times like Erin Brokovich though he didn't have any mention of Lauren's performance.  His review did have a few points in why I was hesitant to see it in the theaters.  I can understand that.  I have other films I want to see so I'll wait for it on TV.  Of course with Lauren, I expect a stellar performance.
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #6729 on: September 14, 2008, 10:57:50 am »

First off, I am a die hard Lauren Graham fan and would probable pay to watch her stand in her front yard and just look at the sky.  There are a handful of actors that I would never go to see in a movie, but if Lauren was in a movie with them, I would be first in line to see it.  A little obsessed maybe but I really like her and I thinkg that she is a talented actress who just hasn't done that movie that will really launch her carrier.

As for Flash of Genius, yeah, from what I have seen in the trailer it may be a little dry, but it isn't just about the invention of the intermittent windshield wipers or Bob Kearn's attempt to get recognition for inventing it.  There is also the story about the family.  Yes, there have been a lot of movies made with this plot line and there will be a lot more in the future.  It is a true story about real people.  And, now I haven't seen the movie so I am not really sure if it is in the span of the movie, but there actually were health issues in the real story.  I won't go into them because if they are in the movie, I don't want to spoil it.  I have to admit that I did know about the Bob Kearn's fight with Ford and the other auto manufacturers because I live in the Detroit area and I am older then a lot of you and read about it as parts of it was on going.  After seeing other clips from the movie and watching the press conference, I am so much more anxious to see this movie.  I am counting down the next twenty days.  Yes, I know it is only nineteen days before it comes out but I can't get to the theater to see it until the 4th.  Drat!!!!

I have seen 'The Jane Austen Book Club' several times and really like it.  I highly recommend it, too, even if you aren't a Jane Austen fan.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2008, 10:59:21 am by cherilee13 » Logged

Lovefiend
Yale Alumnus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6730 on: September 15, 2008, 12:49:14 am »

Marc Blucas will simply always be 'Riley' to me. Not that I ever really watched Buffy.   Or he's the guy who played the guy from Scooby Doo in Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back.

Oh Flash of Genius was one of the 'top photos' thingies in imdb.com the other day...

MiniPink
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #6731 on: September 15, 2008, 11:19:49 am »

I have never gone to imdb.com   what 'top photos' thingies are you talking about?  I went there and they did have pic from FoG but it didn't look like anything special, just pictures. 

I never really watched Buffy so I don't know Marc from there, and I didn't like Jan and Silent Bob Strike Back so I turned it off.  When I hear his name, I think of Presidents Daughter and Prey for Rock and Roll.  Has anyone who has seen First Daughter ever notice that Marc and Katie dance to the same song that Lorelai and Christoper danced to at Patty's dance studio in Presenting Lorelai Gilmore? 

Like the new sig Kate.

cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #6732 on: September 17, 2008, 12:38:51 pm »

Again, sorry about the double post but wanted everyone to know that Lauren Graham will be on Ellen Degeneras's show on Monday,
September 29.  I am sure it is to promote Flash of Genius.  Can't wait to see it.  I love her on Ellen's show.  Heck, love her on anything. 

Just found out that she will also be on The Hour with George Stroumboulopoulos on October 2nd.

There are new pictures from a press conference in Beverly Hills for FoG at http://www.lauren-online.net/

EDIT:  Flash of Genius has won the Alfred P. Sloan Foundation Award from the Hamptions International Film Festival and received a $25,000 prize.  the rest of the article can be found here:   http://www.upi.com/Entertainment_News/2008/09/16/Flash_wins_Sloan_Foundation_Award/UPI-72341221620378/
« Last Edit: September 17, 2008, 05:42:49 pm by cherilee13 » Logged

Lauren is my idol
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 277

.:.Lauren is such an inspiration to me!.:.

View Profile
« Reply #6733 on: September 17, 2008, 05:54:53 pm »

Ahh yesss, finally she's back on Ellen. I have been waiting for the day that she returned to her show. I will probably have to watch it on youtube though because I will probably be in school when it airs, but I don't know.

Oh, and I'm going to give you a prettystick because you have been giving us sooo much information on this thread lately Smiley Thank you.

Java Junkie Pleased
"I just like to see you happy"
My names Gena. Like Jenna =]
ILY mel, olivia, amber, dybbi, maggie, myra, britney, grace, rory, spence
thevoid99
Diner Regular

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6734 on: September 18, 2008, 06:56:11 pm »

Found a revew from Emmanuel Levy which turns out to be decent though gives more insight at who Lauren plays. 
Pages: 1 ... 447 448 [449] 450 451 ... 467
  Print  

Jump to: