GilmoreGirls.org Forum
May 27, 2022, 09:53:27 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Which of the following is your favorite saying from the shows quirkyest star?
"It sounded like an elephant up there. And Rory weighs like 10 ounces, so.." - 33 (6.6%)
Refering to Dean and Rory. "Yeah, there's strech and skinny." - 18 (3.6%)
Lorelai: Its like falling 600 feet to your death. You know, its fun the first 599 feet, but its just that last foot--total sucko - 98 (19.6%)
Oh, I can't stop drinking the coffee. I stop drinking coffee, I stop doing the standing and walking and the words putting-into-sentence doing. - 200 (40%)
Oy with the poodles already! - 151 (30.2%)
Total Voters: 498

Pages: 1 ... 446 447 [448] 449 450 ... 467
  Print  
Author Topic: Lorelai Gilmore / Lauren Graham Appreciation  (Read 1342644 times)
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1944

View Profile
« Reply #6705 on: August 22, 2008, 04:48:12 pm »

WOw Cheri - you don't like that photo?   I think it's gorgeous.  Just so you all know which photo we are talking about...

Thanks for the heads up Kate!

Please read Forum Rules
thevoid99
Diner Regular

Community Points: 19

Shame on our dirty little hearts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6706 on: August 22, 2008, 05:20:47 pm »

I think it's hot!  It gets that Luke Danes stamp of approval of hottness!!!
Lovefiend
Yale Alumnus

Community Points: 905

Shary's Stalkee, Lexie is my lil sis/ R.I.P BF

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6707 on: August 22, 2008, 05:24:44 pm »

No worries, Caryn. And for my2 cents - love the pic

~I wish I could touch you again, I wish I could still call you friend, I'd give, anything... ~

MiniPink
gilmoregirls1fan
Town Resident

Community Points: 13

View Profile
« Reply #6708 on: August 22, 2008, 09:06:04 pm »

I love Lauren graham!
shes awsome!
cherilee13
Diner Chef

Community Points: 364

View Profile
« Reply #6709 on: August 22, 2008, 10:08:56 pm »

Okay, okay, yes the picture is good, more then just good, but it just isn't one of my favorites and I feel that there are so many out there of her that are so much better.  For some reason there is just something about that picture and others from that photoshoot that, I don't know, kind of bugs me for some reason.  They look altered in some way.  I love Lauren Graham, I think that she is awesome, extremely talented, funny, she is the main reason why I watched Gilmore Girls in the first place and I think that she is really georgeous.  Some pictures just do more for some people than others do.  So shoot me Cheesy

Sig by Sooks/Mel ~ Thank you sweet friend
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1944

View Profile
« Reply #6710 on: August 22, 2008, 10:56:29 pm »

Holy crow!!!  We can't shoot you Cheri - you're one of the good ones.  I was just curious if we were talkin' about the same photo.  You are very treu though in saying that there are some awesome ones out there.  For me I would find it impossible to pick when these decisions are being made.  But I love this one... it's clean and simple.  And yes probably retouched, but aren't they all these days!

Kiss

Please read Forum Rules
Lovefiend
Yale Alumnus

Community Points: 905

Shary's Stalkee, Lexie is my lil sis/ R.I.P BF

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6711 on: August 23, 2008, 03:07:56 am »

I think it looks retouched becase it's very soft focused. I think that's why, and probably an amount of retouching, because  all pictures do!! Oh, the lies we're fed!!

~I wish I could touch you again, I wish I could still call you friend, I'd give, anything... ~

MiniPink
calbomm
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 5

View Profile
« Reply #6712 on: August 23, 2008, 10:27:09 am »

It is hard to take a bad photo of LG.  Those blue eyes are gorgeous.  I agree that many photos do receive a little help now and then.
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #6713 on: August 23, 2008, 04:25:59 pm »

Oh, I so agree with that, it is hard to take a bad photo of Lauren.  She is gorgeous.  I do have to say, though, the pictures of her at the Carolina Herrera Los Angeles Boutique opening in November of '06 had some bad ones.  She was wearing a dark lepoard like print dress that was sleeveless and had the keyhole neckline.  Some were okay but most of the ones I saw, not that great.  I would put it up but I don't know how to do it.  If anyone knows which ones I am talking about you can put it up. 

Yes, most pictures are retouched, but some times they go a bit too far.  There is one that I think was from this photoshoot (the the above picture was taken for)  but in a different outfit that they went to far with and it doesn't even look like her. 
« Last Edit: August 24, 2008, 07:47:30 pm by cherilee13 » Logged

cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #6714 on: August 27, 2008, 09:44:56 pm »

Sorry about the double post.  If I just edited the last one, nothing would show up as new news.

I was just reading that Flash of Genius is one of three films that will be opening the Woodstock Film Festival which will be held October 1-5.  The first night there will just be a concert and some talks and then the second night will start the showing of the movies.  Along with Flash of Genius that first night will be Pride and Glory and Happy-Go-Lucky.  Hopefully Lauren will be there and we will get more pics.  It won't be long before the Toronto Film Festival and hopefully more pics from there as well. 

Edit:  Okay, I will edit this one in:  I just now read that Flash of Genius will be shown opening night of the Chesapeake Film Festival which will be held September 19-21. 

This film is really hitting the festivals before it hits the theaters.   I just found out that it is only one hour and 39 minutes long. 
« Last Edit: August 27, 2008, 10:41:54 pm by cherilee13 » Logged

cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #6715 on: August 31, 2008, 10:29:41 pm »

Okay, I am in big trouble making three posts in a row, but nobody else is coming around and hopefully because I found some new pics of Lauren, I will be forgiven.  Sorry, I still can't put the pictures on here, but can direct you to them. 

If you go to http://www.fanforum.com/f124/flash-genius-7-bring-film-festivals-62852895/index4.html   and in a post by Nadine click on where it says Flickr site and you will find a group pick from Telluride Film Festival.  Lauren is just left of center looking as beautiful as ever.  Also if you go to a post by gjoni, if you click on to when it says Nadine's FoG LJ community then go down to Flash of Genius Q & A (saturday) you will find some small pictures of Lauren, Greg, and Marc Abraham.  The pictures say that it is Heather Graham but it is actually our girl Lauren Graham.  Hope you can get to them and that you like them.  Finally, some new pics of her.  YEAH!!!

You will also find articles regarding Flash of Genius and of The Telluride Film Festival.  It will keep you busy for awhile.  The fanforum is another one of my favorite places to go for info and pics on Lauren. 
« Last Edit: August 31, 2008, 10:35:40 pm by cherilee13 » Logged

thevoid99
Diner Regular

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6716 on: September 01, 2008, 10:44:06 am »

To help you stop double-triple post, I'll keep track on all the Toronto Film Festival and check for reviews.

I'm a fanatic when it comes to festivals like Toronto and Cannes.  Venice this year, is very weak.  Then again, their emphasis on Hollywood and often picking the wrong winners has hurt their rep.

OMG!  I just saw a huge group photo and Lauren is with a sh*tload of people.  I think I saw Laura Linney and Marc Forster.  She was nearby Leonard Maltin, a decent film critic, and one of my all-time fave auteurs.  Mike Leigh

Aw man!!!
« Last Edit: September 01, 2008, 10:55:59 am by thevoid99 » Logged
Lauren is my idol
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 277

.:.Lauren is such an inspiration to me!.:.

View Profile
« Reply #6717 on: September 01, 2008, 12:26:33 pm »

Ohh, Very pretty Smiley I love the picture with the group.
Thanks!

Java Junkie Pleased
"I just like to see you happy"
My names Gena. Like Jenna =]
ILY mel, olivia, amber, dybbi, maggie, myra, britney, grace, rory, spence
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #6718 on: September 01, 2008, 02:57:58 pm »

thevoid99 ~ Yeah, that is the same picture that I was telling everyone about above from the TELLURIDE FILM FESTIVAL Marc Abraham is to the left of Lauren in the white hat and you can see the top of Greg Kienner's head to the left of Marc.

The only reason why I was multi posting is because once someone goes to the first post and you edit it, it doesn't show up as there being anything new and I know that fans of Lauren would like to see the new pics so I multi posted.  Normally I would edit it if it wasn't something I think will be of interest to others. 

There are several film festivals coming up to follow.  Not sure which ones Lauren will attend. Here is a list of them and when Flash of Genius is schedule to be shown. 

Telluride Film Festival in going on now and there are a lot of articles regarding Flash of Genius

Toronto Film Festival - September 7 (Premiere), 9 and 11

Boston Film Festival - September 17 (Closing Night)

Chesapeake Film Festival - September 19 (Opening Night)

Virginia Film Festival - September 16

Aspen Film Festival - September 24 (Opening Night)

Woodstock Film Festival - October 2

I don't recall any reports from the festivals regarding Lauren.  Maybe I have missed them or you post them somewhere else.  If you do post them some where else, please let me know where you post them so I can see if you have already metioned them before I come across something.  Thanks

edit:  Here are a couple more pretty pictures of Lauren:  At Pinkberry  http://www.fanforum.com/f124/lauren-graham-picture-thread-52-flashes-lauren-62846849/index17.html   and then if you go to page 19 there is another from Telluride Film Festival.  These were found at the Lauren Graham fanforum picture thread. 

edit again:  More Lauren Pics with a mystery man(looks like a body guard but he seems a bit distracted Undecided) from the alexis and lauren site: http://www.alexisandlauren.com/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=718

here is an interview video with Lauren & Greg:   http://www.variety.com/index.asp?layout=videoBC&bcpid=1381642478&bclid=1755457405&bctd=1768047353
« Last Edit: September 02, 2008, 12:21:29 pm by cherilee13 » Logged

thevoid99
Diner Regular

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6719 on: September 02, 2008, 01:02:34 pm »

For further coverage on the Toronto Film Festival coming.  I widely recommend this podcast called Filmspotting.

I would keep checking just in case they might do an interview with Lauren which I doubt.  Still, it's worth checking out as I'm stoked that Adam & Matty are going to interview two of my favorite auteurs... Atom Egoyan & Wong Kar Wai.

Yet, there's several Filmspotting listeners who are fans of Gilmore Girls.  We are snobby film buffs but we do love this show. 

I have the first review from a film festival and it's a very good one.  Not much mention on Lauren but it looks like something worth seeing. 
« Last Edit: September 04, 2008, 07:55:03 pm by thevoid99 » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 446 447 [448] 449 450 ... 467
  Print  

Jump to: