GilmoreGirls.org Forum
October 20, 2021, 10:48:55 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Which of the following is your favorite saying from the shows quirkyest star?
"It sounded like an elephant up there. And Rory weighs like 10 ounces, so.." - 33 (6.6%)
Refering to Dean and Rory. "Yeah, there's strech and skinny." - 18 (3.6%)
Lorelai: Its like falling 600 feet to your death. You know, its fun the first 599 feet, but its just that last foot--total sucko - 98 (19.6%)
Oh, I can't stop drinking the coffee. I stop drinking coffee, I stop doing the standing and walking and the words putting-into-sentence doing. - 200 (40%)
Oy with the poodles already! - 151 (30.2%)
Total Voters: 498

Pages: 1 ... 462 463 [464] 465 466 467
  Print  
Author Topic: Lorelai Gilmore / Lauren Graham Appreciation  (Read 1176543 times)
cherilee13
Diner Chef

Community Points: 364

View Profile
« Reply #6945 on: October 16, 2009, 10:45:57 am »

Yes it is.  The first one was in 1990 and was a comedy.  It didn't work out.  This one is a one hour dramady that, hopefully will work.  It looks and  sounds  pretty good to me.  I like a lot of the people who are going to be in it. 

Sorry to hear that youtube slowed down your computer.  There is a lot of good stuff on youtube.

Thanks for your effort at keeping me from double posting. 

EDIT:  There is an article in the October 23, 2009, Entertainment Weekly (page 52) about Lauren being in Parenthood written by Michael Ausiello.  I'll bet he is really excited about Lauren being in another TV show.  Not surprised that he got one of the first, if not the first interview with Lauren regarding being in the show.  If I see somewhere else that the article has been put on line, I will come back with the link for those who don't get the magazine. 

EDIT:  Lauren will be on Ellen on Tuesday, 10/20 and Ferguson on Friday 10/31.  Can't wait.

EDIT:  Here is the Entertainment Weekly interview   http://lauren-online.net/gallery/displayimage.php?pid=4990&fullsize-1

EDIT:  Lauren was really great on Ellen today.  I like her silly sometimes, but I liked that she was pretty calm today.  They talked about Guys and Dolls, Parenthood and Lauren moving into Portia's old house.  Don't know if that means she moved again or if this is still the old house that she moved into a few years ago.  Can't wait until the 31st when she will be on Craig Fergusons show. 
« Last Edit: October 20, 2009, 11:19:50 am by cherilee13 » Logged

Sig by Sooks/Mel ~ Thank you sweet friend
thevoid99
Diner Regular

Community Points: 19

Shame on our dirty little hearts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6946 on: October 31, 2009, 02:13:21 pm »

I saw her on Craig Ferguson.  She was hilarious.

Aw, she's not a fan of Halloween.  Lorelai Gilmore might be.  I recall reading a fan fiction story about Luke and Lorelai where she always wore crazy costumes and at one point.  She pretended to be some sexy lady in green skin to play a fantasy of Luke due to his geekiness towards Star Trek.

Yeah, I think Gilmore Girls could've used more fart jokes.  That always works. 
SIDNEY
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 322

View Profile
« Reply #6947 on: November 01, 2009, 08:28:15 am »

Lorelai loves Halloween. There is a funny episode from season 6 where she tries to come up with something creative for Halloween. She comes up with an idea that includes Luke, she wanted to pull sosages out of Luke's stomach.  Cheesy

Billy: Are we over the rainbow, Ally? Is this it? We used to sing as kids "over the rainbow".
We've gone from being people with bright futures to people who should be living their futures now.
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #6948 on: November 01, 2009, 05:01:50 pm »

Lauren was funny on Ferguson's show yet it was all so really random and weird.  I was hoping that she would say something about Parenthood.  Did you happen to see his show the night before she was on?  She did the little puppet show that he does in the beginning of the show with him.  He played Wavey and she was a kitten, I don't remember what her name was.  It was really funny because you could tell that they didn't have a script for it and she is really bad at ablibing, but that kind of made it more funny.  Right before the last commercial of the show they showed a little of the two of them doing the puppet show and when they came back for the last part of the show, they had more of the puppet show.  You can catch it all on youtube.  I don't have the links right now.  If I get them I will bring them here. 

I'm not all that keen on fart jokes.

It is weird because sometimes Lauren says that she likes Halloween and sometimes she says that she doesn't.  She is like that a lot on the interviews. 

I read a lot of Gilmore Girls fan fiction and I have to say that I have never run across that story.  Sounds a little strange to me. 

Yeah, Lorelai really did want to go all out with that Halloween skit.  That was in the episode Twenty One Is The Loneliest Number
  with Rory's 21st birthday wasn't it? 

thevoid99
Diner Regular

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6949 on: November 01, 2009, 06:53:50 pm »

The fan fiction story I refer to is this.

And for the record.  Captain Kirk is cooler than Han Solo.  Don't ever p*ss off a Trekkie or else you will have that Trekkie see William Shatner to tell him "Kick the little f*****'s ass"
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #6950 on: November 01, 2009, 08:53:40 pm »

I have read several of her stories, she is pretty good.  I'll  read that one next.  I really like mag1's stories.  I have read all of hers, some of which are still in progress and some that are really long, but interesting. 

Here is a dl for the puppet show that Lauren and Craig did.  http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?i3km3noqzm1

By the way, the cat's name is Nadine

Here is a link to a youtube of Ellen scaring people on her show and in the dressing rooms.  It is pretty funny, too.  Lauren is one of the people that Ellen scares, twice.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_G5y5un-rw&feature=player_embedded
« Last Edit: November 01, 2009, 08:57:36 pm by cherilee13 » Logged

cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #6951 on: November 05, 2009, 09:09:48 pm »

Again, sorry about the double posting, but I always seem to mess up the links if I edit a post and I didn't have thevoid to help keep me legal here Cheesy

Just wanted to let you know that Lauren has a movie that she will be filming in NY in December.  It is a small part but it sounds perfect for her.  The movie is titled It's Kind of a Funny Story based on a young adult book by the same title written by Ned Vizzini.  She will be playing Lynn, the mom of the main character, Craig 16 played by Keir Gilchrist  and a 7(?) year old daughter, Sara.  She won't be a single parent, though, her husband will be played by Jim Gaffigan.  Others listed for the film are Emma Roberts, Zach Galifianakis, Viola Davis, Zoe Kravitz (who was in Birds of America with Lauren, Aasif Mandvi and Adrian Martinez.  It looks like it isn't scheduled for release until 2011.   

Oh, I read the fanfic.  I can picture Lorelai in those costumes.  Luke really liked them. 

thevoid99
Diner Regular

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6952 on: November 07, 2009, 11:43:30 am »

I saw Craig Ferguson do a puppet as a French snail.  It was hilarious.

Puppets rule!  Why couldn't we have a GG puppet thing with characters played as puppets.  The Luke puppet would be cute with his little black hat and Richard with a bowtie.
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #6953 on: November 07, 2009, 07:56:19 pm »

That would be cool, but Luke would have to have the blue hat.  I really hated that black one.  He'd also have to have his flannel.  What do you see the girls (Lorelai, Rory and Emily) in?  I guess Emily would have to have her pearls. 

SIDNEY
Chilton Graduate

View Profile
« Reply #6954 on: November 08, 2009, 07:09:48 am »

Does anyone else think that Lauren jokes too much in her interviews? She tries too hard. It's starting to annoy me because i do love her as Lorelai. She is funny and beautiful but i think she should try to minimize her jokes. I am kind of surprised no one has brought this up before so maybe it's just me.

Billy: Are we over the rainbow, Ally? Is this it? We used to sing as kids "over the rainbow".
We've gone from being people with bright futures to people who should be living their futures now.
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #6955 on: November 08, 2009, 09:51:50 am »

It has been brought up before several times, sometimes by me.  I do wish that she was more serious during her interviews, well, some of them.  I love it when she is silly on Ferguson and even on Ellen, but I wish she was more calm during the others and that she would actually talk about something worth while.  Now, don't get me wrong, I do know that she does actually talk about projects and other things, but not all that much.  I know that she isn't that articulate (sp) even though I do know that she is smart, so maybe this is her way of getting around it.  All of the joking around and funny stories.  I really do think that Ferguson gets her going on his show, but I am sure that that is because they are friends and they like to just have fun with the interviews.  I have seen her do some really great interviews before, but they are usually the ones that only show up on line and not TV.  I think that if she was a bit more serious, and didn't cut down, take suttle shots at or joke about the industry or the people in it, I think that she would get better offers.  She seems to bite the hand that feeds her from time to time yet I don't think that she realizes it.  Sometimes I feel like she doesn't really appreciate her fans, either.  Sometimes I feel like she doesn't care about anything other than doing what she wants.  I really love her and think that she is a great talent in both comedy and drama, but I think that if she took some things in consideration, she would get into things that would make her more well know for her talent and  she would be getting bigger and better offers.  I think that Parenthood can help if it is allowed to stay on the air.  It really sounds like it is going to be good.  *keeping fingers crossed*  Well, that is my rant for the day. 

SIDNEY
Chilton Graduate

View Profile
« Reply #6956 on: November 08, 2009, 10:07:49 pm »

I completely agree with you. I couldn't say it any better.  Smiley I'm hoping Parenthood will be a hit. I really need a good tv show.

calbomm
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 5

View Profile
« Reply #6957 on: November 09, 2009, 02:19:11 pm »

I agree with the premise that she acts too silly.  She is naturally funny and quick witted but sometimes she tries too had to be funny. She always looks great and has a great laugh, but she also comes out of left field occasionally as well.
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #6958 on: November 09, 2009, 07:58:46 pm »

I deleted this post myself

« Last Edit: December 26, 2009, 11:05:43 am by cherilee13 » Logged

SIDNEY
Chilton Graduate

View Profile
« Reply #6959 on: November 10, 2009, 08:37:39 am »

Cherilee: You really shouldn't apologize about anything. You didn't say anything wrong. You are a great person and one of the best members here and we all very proud to know you. Don't feel bad about the bashing. It always happens when someone expresses different point of views. It really shows how closed-minded other people can be.. We've all been bashed and the best thing to do is ignore it.
It's kind of funny to think that anyone doubts you're a Lauren fan. You're the biggest Lauren fan i know. And i was glad when i saw your comments about her because it shows an open mind. You were right. Lauren doesn't seem to appreciate her fans enough. I've seen some interviews where she talks about her GG fans and i wasn't happy about it. And as i said she is funny and she always makes us laugh but it's good to see some serious interviews of hers to show who she is beneath the jokes.

Hope your surgery goes well. Looking forward to seeing you around and reading your posts.  Smiley

Pages: 1 ... 462 463 [464] 465 466 467
  Print  

Jump to: