GilmoreGirls.org Forum
November 27, 2021, 07:15:33 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Which of the following is your favorite saying from the shows quirkyest star?
"It sounded like an elephant up there. And Rory weighs like 10 ounces, so.." - 33 (6.6%)
Refering to Dean and Rory. "Yeah, there's strech and skinny." - 18 (3.6%)
Lorelai: Its like falling 600 feet to your death. You know, its fun the first 599 feet, but its just that last foot--total sucko - 98 (19.6%)
Oh, I can't stop drinking the coffee. I stop drinking coffee, I stop doing the standing and walking and the words putting-into-sentence doing. - 200 (40%)
Oy with the poodles already! - 151 (30.2%)
Total Voters: 498

Pages: 1 ... 454 455 [456] 457 458 ... 467
  Print  
Author Topic: Lorelai Gilmore / Lauren Graham Appreciation  (Read 1208705 times)
jaz-copperboom!
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 86

View Profile
« Reply #6825 on: January 11, 2009, 08:17:54 pm »

wow.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 05:42:48 pm by jaz-copperboom! » Logged

lorelai: i have someone to complain to when life sucks or work sucks or just everything sucks. i have someone i can talk to.
rory: yeah, who?
lorelai: oh shecky, you kill me.

thevoid99
Diner Regular

Community Points: 19

Shame on our dirty little hearts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6826 on: January 11, 2009, 08:34:37 pm »

I'm just glad it's a wig.  She looks good in the blonde wig but I find blondes to be highly overrated.  I'm a brunette kind of guy. 
SIDNEY
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 322

View Profile
« Reply #6827 on: January 13, 2009, 01:49:24 am »

I think she look horrible as a blonde. When i first saw her picture i thought "what made her do that?". She looks really beautiful as a brunette and she should stick with it.

Billy: Are we over the rainbow, Ally? Is this it? We used to sing as kids "over the rainbow".
We've gone from being people with bright futures to people who should be living their futures now.
SIDNEY
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 322

View Profile
« Reply #6828 on: January 13, 2009, 01:49:52 am »

I think she looks horrible as a blonde. When i first saw her picture i thought "what made her do that?". She looks really beautiful as a brunette and she should stick with it.

Billy: Are we over the rainbow, Ally? Is this it? We used to sing as kids "over the rainbow".
We've gone from being people with bright futures to people who should be living their futures now.
cherilee13
Diner Chef

Community Points: 364

View Profile
« Reply #6829 on: January 13, 2009, 11:07:38 am »

I wouldn't want her to really go blonde because she looks amazing as her natural brunette, but I do like her as a blonde.  It is just a wig for the show, though.  She didn't change her hair color. 

EDIT:  You can find a commercial for Guys and Dolls at   http://au.youtube.com/user/GuysAndDollsBroadway

It is confirmed that the Guys and Dolls Preview will now start on Feb. 4 instead of Feb. 3 due to the need for another day of technical rehearsals. 

The official Guys and Dolls Website is www.guysanddollsbroadway.com
« Last Edit: January 14, 2009, 09:07:33 pm by cherilee13 » Logged

Sig by Sooks/Mel ~ Thank you sweet friend
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #6830 on: January 15, 2009, 09:32:28 pm »

I don't know, I think she looks quite classy as a blonde! I think that she fits the character just perfect and looks stunning! I don't know that I'd want her to stay blonde forever, she's got a great complexion for darker hair but again I say she looks stunning no matter what pretty much! Smiley

Glad they're getting the extra day of rehearsal, hopefully that means the show will be even better and tighter and right on when it opens! I so wish I could get out there to see a performance! There's so many other musicals I'd love to see on Broadway too. 

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #6831 on: January 15, 2009, 11:00:03 pm »

Here is another new picture of Lauren from Guys and Dolls photoshoot    http://www.alexisandlauren.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=796&pos=1

Here is a larger picture and an article from Entertainment Weekly.  This is such a beautiful picture of Lauren as Miss Adelaide
http://img160.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=34398_ewlggd2000_122_728lo.jpg
« Last Edit: January 16, 2009, 06:36:49 pm by cherilee13 » Logged

laurenfan
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 26

View Profile
« Reply #6832 on: January 17, 2009, 09:22:07 pm »

I think Lauren does look amazing as a blonde,but I wouldn't want her to ever die her hair blonde.

I wish I could see her in this show I am sure she is amazing!!!

tennischic
Diner Chef

Community Points: 47

No one can make u feel inferior without ur consent

View Profile
« Reply #6833 on: January 18, 2009, 10:34:45 am »

Omg she looks amazing. Blonde hair quite fits her although I also would prefer if she kept her hair brown. We need her to be our Lorelai!  Cheesy
« Last Edit: January 18, 2009, 10:36:09 am by tennischic » Logged

~ playin till dawn ~
*Berkley*

cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #6834 on: January 19, 2009, 05:15:10 pm »

Here are a couple of links to reviews for Arlen Faber at Sundance.  If you are interested in reading more, just let me know and I will put them up as they come out.  These say good things about the movie and the stars

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Sundance-Review-Arlen-Faber-11612.html

http://www.darkhorizons.com/news09/090119k.php

Lauren is my idol
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 277

.:.Lauren is such an inspiration to me!.:.

View Profile
« Reply #6835 on: January 19, 2009, 06:50:52 pm »

Lauren looks absolutely amazing!
She looks perfect for the part.

Java Junkie Pleased
"I just like to see you happy"
My names Gena. Like Jenna =]
ILY mel, olivia, amber, dybbi, maggie, myra, britney, grace, rory, spence
thevoid99
Diner Regular

Community Points: 19

Shame on our dirty little hearts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6836 on: January 19, 2009, 07:03:00 pm »

I liked the Dark Horizons review more.  Cinemablend is usually good though a bit harsh.  Sundance coverage this year has been weak due to lack of reports and such due to the economy and a boycott over a local theater that gave money to help raise funds for the Proposition 8 initiative to be passed in California.

I just checked Spoutblog and they have nothing.  I'm trying to find out if IMDB will have something tomorrow.  At least the film is getting decent reviews.

Oh, a few days ago.  I saw part of the film version of Guys & Dolls with Marlon Brando and Frank Sinatra.  Brando as Sky Masterson was a highlight of the film and it looks like it'll be a successful play.  If it does well, can we make a campaign for Lauren to win a Tony?  Gilmore Girls already had a couple of Tony winners I seem to recall in Edward Herrmann and Kelly Bishop.  To think, a musical episode of the show with the cast singing would've been hilarious. 
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #6837 on: January 21, 2009, 10:58:48 am »

There have been a few kind of negative reviews come in for Arlen Faber, but that is to be expected since not everyones likes are the same.  I am going to ignore them.  The movie's international rights have been picked up by a Paris based sales agency.  Not sure what that will mean in the long run.  I am just hoping that it will come to the theaters here and soon but, not just in a limited number.

Yeah, I have seen the Guys and Dolls movie many times.  I have had it for several years now.  It started out on Broadway about five years before the movie was made and this will be the fourth revival on Broadway since.  It has been nominated for many Tonys and has won several and I am sure hoping that it will win several more with this revival, especially one for Lauren.  That would be so amazing.  The cast for this run is really great and I can't say it enough, I really wish that I could go and see it.  I alway look forward to the Tony Awards more than any of the other award shows even though I have never been to see a Broadway play or musical.  This year I am looking forward to them even more. 

Kelly and Ed both won their Tonys the same year, 1976, Kelly for A Chorus Line and Ed for Mrs. Warren's Profession.  I hope that Lauren will soon be in that tight group as well.

Yeah, that would be hysterical to see a musical episode of Gilmore Girls.  A lot of the people on the show can sing so it would have worked.  Other shows have done that. 

« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 05:36:45 pm by cherilee13 » Logged

Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 648

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6838 on: January 23, 2009, 05:30:34 pm »

http://ausiellofiles.ew.com/2009/01/exclusive-qa-la.html

DiscussSnap

~Heidi

Flame    Flame
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #6839 on: January 23, 2009, 05:40:25 pm »

Heidi ~ you beat me to the punch.  After I typed the link in on my last post I found that you beat me by seconds so I went back to take it back out.  I came here before I read it all so I will go now to read it and then come back to discuss it. 

Okay, I just finished reading it.  Wow is it ever a great interview.  It really makes me even more sad that I can't get to New York to see her in Guys and Dolls.  I really do hope that somehow, someway those of us who can't go to see it will get something.  I want to hear her really sing and see her dance.  So she is going to have a British accent in this?  Wow, singing, dancing and an accent all at once.  This doll sure has some amazing talents.   

She sounds like she is really sad about Gilmore Girls ending and how it ended.  In past interviews she sounded like she was glad to see it end.  Well, we know that she would be willing to do a movie if the script was right and that she would like to see every one again.  I'm keeping my  fingers crossed even though I really don't think that it will happen.  I can dream though. 

The new show really sounds good and funny.  I hope that it will really happen.  It is going to have to be done and ready in a short time frame if it will be ready to air this time next year.  I had thought that her contract for Guys and Dolls was only going to be until July or August, but she said through October.  Hopfully, like she said, she will be able to do the pilot while still doing GaD.  Has anybody read if this is going to be a half hour or an hour show?  I am kind of guessing a half hour, but I haven't read anything about that. 

Wow, didn't know that Michael was such an instigator.  That is funny. 
« Last Edit: January 23, 2009, 06:17:17 pm by cherilee13 » Logged

Pages: 1 ... 454 455 [456] 457 458 ... 467
  Print  

Jump to: