GilmoreGirls.org Forum
November 27, 2021, 06:58:15 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Which of the following is your favorite saying from the shows quirkyest star?
"It sounded like an elephant up there. And Rory weighs like 10 ounces, so.." - 33 (6.6%)
Refering to Dean and Rory. "Yeah, there's strech and skinny." - 18 (3.6%)
Lorelai: Its like falling 600 feet to your death. You know, its fun the first 599 feet, but its just that last foot--total sucko - 98 (19.6%)
Oh, I can't stop drinking the coffee. I stop drinking coffee, I stop doing the standing and walking and the words putting-into-sentence doing. - 200 (40%)
Oy with the poodles already! - 151 (30.2%)
Total Voters: 498

Pages: 1 ... 453 454 [455] 456 457 ... 467
  Print  
Author Topic: Lorelai Gilmore / Lauren Graham Appreciation  (Read 1208698 times)
thevoid99
Diner Regular

Community Points: 19

Shame on our dirty little hearts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6810 on: December 12, 2008, 11:31:49 am »

DAMMIT!!!  You beat me to it so I wouldn't hope you would double-post...

http://news.yahoo.com/s/eonline/20081212/en_top_eo/73035;_ylt=AnaoQSYEr.lFwfdPamydMZdxFb8C

That's the link from Yahoo. 

Please, let's hope it doesn't suck!  There's been some pretty bad post-GG withdrawal with the failure of The Return of Jezebel James, Scott Patterson in those Saw movies, Milo Ventimiglia acting like a complete wuss in Heroes, and Edward Herrmann in that godawful Edie Sedgwick bio-pic Factory Girl where he just looked completely out of place. 
cherilee13
Diner Chef

Community Points: 364

View Profile
« Reply #6811 on: December 12, 2008, 09:05:31 pm »

I agree with you on the 'Jezebel James' and 'Factory Girl' as well as Ed Herrmann's arc in 'Greys Anatomy', but I did like Scott in 'Saw IV', I haven't seen V yet and and I do like Milo in 'Heroes"

I have read that Lauren's new show will probably be a mid-season show so we won't see it for about a year or so.  Late '09 or early '10.  I am not going to get my hopes up until there is something more concret about it, but I do hope that it will happen and that it will be good.  I only liked the first two or three years of Will & Grace so I don't know how I will feel about it when it comes out.  Time will tell. 

EDIT:  Rehearsals for 'Guys and Dolls' started today, 12/15/08.  Looks like her contract for Guys and Dolls is for 6 months. 
« Last Edit: December 18, 2008, 03:40:00 pm by cherilee13 » Logged

Sig by Sooks/Mel ~ Thank you sweet friend
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #6812 on: December 30, 2008, 10:00:04 am »

Sorry again for the double post.  It doesn't seem like too many people come here anyway so I thought I would put this in a new post because it will be a little bit longer then usual.

Just got my Jan. 5-11 TV Guide in the mail today and was very excited to see in the CHEERS & JEERS by Bruce Fretts section a CHEERS for Lauren Graham.  To quote it:  "Cheers to Lauren Graham for returning to TV in a new series.  The Gilmore Girls spitfire will produce and star in an untitled half-hour ABC comedy about a suddenly single self-help expert who can't help herself.  But first Graham will make her Broadway debut (opposite Oliver Platt) as Miss Adelaide in a revival of "Guys and Dolls,"  opening in March.  Graham's been absent from the small screen for too long, so we're hoping she'll get lucky with her new sitcom."  Along with the article there is a beautiful picture of Lauren that was taken at the Women In Film luncheon for Ginnifer Goodwin on May 7, 2008. 
Next to the picture it says "Graham gets dolled up for a new series"   

I know this is kind of old news by now, but it was really exciting to see her back in the TV Guide.  I can't wait for the show, although it will probably be a mid-season show so we won't see it until Jan. 2010 (ulgh! that seems so long from now), but it is something to look forward to.  It sounds like it will be a fun show to see and for her to do.  I wish her loads of luck with it. 

Nigella
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #6813 on: December 31, 2008, 01:26:17 am »

Does anyone know anything about the clothes Lorelai wears on GG? I really like her dresses and other outfits! :-)
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #6814 on: December 31, 2008, 10:23:45 am »

One place you can go to is http://www.celebritystyleguide.com/?op=component&sid=12&cid=110   Another place that I used to go to is reel-sytle.com but when I go there now, it doesn't come up with the same screen that it used to.  There was another place but at the moment I can't think of it.  I hope that the first one will help you a bit. 

I am a bit bummed right now.  I saw the new after christmas Kellogg Cereal & K2O water commpercial and it wasn't Lauren's voice.  I guess she only had a one year contract with Kellogg and that is understandable.  I'm still going to miss her voice when the Kellogg commercials come on. 
« Last Edit: January 02, 2009, 05:50:26 pm by cherilee13 » Logged

Nigella
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #6815 on: December 31, 2008, 02:48:18 pm »

Thanks a lot! It's really helpful. I think I have to learn how to sew better, because most of those clothes are a tiny bit expensive... but it's a good inspiration!!

I live in Holland, so I have never seen a commercial with Lauren's voice :-( but it's on youtube!
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #6816 on: December 31, 2008, 05:28:47 pm »

I am glad that it was helpful.  Yes, they use a lot of designer clothes on the show so they are expensive.  A lot of the stlyes are simple so they could be made with cheaper materials.  A lot of silk and cashmier are used in the designer clothes. 

Through out the year there were about 8 different Kellogg cereal & K2O water commercials and everytime one of them came on while I was watching, my head would snap up if I wasn't looking but heard Lauren's voice.  I think it is kind of cool about her doing the Kellogg commercials because the Kellogg company is in Battle Creek, Michigan, which isn't all that far from where I live.  Not that she came here to do the commercials.  She did do summer stock at a place called the Barn in Agusta, Michigan back in the late 80s.  She also did a couple of commercials (voice only) for American Express Plum Cards for small buisnesses.  She has a very distinctive voice so as soon as you hear the commercials, you know it is her.

EDIT: 1-8-09

Just saw a clip (unfortunately not with Lauren, but it is something) of Arlen Faber and an interview with John Hindman about the movie at Coming soon.net.  You can find it here:   http://www.comingsoon.net/news/sundancenews.php?id=51753   I finally found out that the part that Tony Hale plays is the delivery guy.  Was kind of hoping that he would have been one of Elizabeth's (Lauren) patients because he was one of Maggie's (Lauren) patients in Because I Said So.  I really hope that this movie finds a distributor at Sundance because I really want to see this on the big screen. 

EDIT:  1-8-09

OH MY GOD!!!!!  Just saw a clip for a photo shoot for Guys and Dolls.  Lauren is a blonde and very beautiful.  The clip is at lauren-online.net
http://videoarchive.lauren-online.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=84&pos=0
« Last Edit: January 08, 2009, 07:45:33 pm by cherilee13 » Logged

honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1944

View Profile
« Reply #6817 on: January 09, 2009, 02:39:43 pm »

Lauren looks absolutely fabulous as a blonde from the 30's!!!   And I love that she's teamed up with Oliver Platt whom I also love.  I'm very jealous of all you US fans that get a chance to see this particular production of G&D.  I'm actually turning green I think. Wink
« Last Edit: January 09, 2009, 05:18:41 pm by honkifuluvGG » Logged

Please read Forum Rules
katlyn13579
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 18

Happy Birthday Lauren!!!

View Profile
« Reply #6818 on: January 09, 2009, 04:38:22 pm »

HaHa! I love Lauren with blone hair! She looks so adorable! Can't wait to see the show!!!

cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #6819 on: January 09, 2009, 06:55:18 pm »

katlyn ~ she does look adorable, doesn't she?  She looks like Manilyn Monroe a bit.  Are you really going to see Guys and Doll?  If so, I am so jealous.  I think it is only 24 more days before previews start.  I am getting so anxious for it to start even though I won't be able to see it.  I am really hoping that there will be a lot of pictures and clips dealing with the show and that there will be a new soundtrack with this new cast.  I really would love to hear Lauren seriously sing a whole song. 

wmushell
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 950

View Profile
« Reply #6820 on: January 10, 2009, 07:27:38 am »

I think she's going to be absolutely PERFECT as Adelaide!  Nod  She looks so good as a "doll".

I received an e-mail yesterday that my tickets have been printed and sent!  I go in about a month.  Celebrate Celebrate Celebrate  How excited am I about going to see Lauren on stage??  If I were a bell, I'd go ding-dong-ding-dong-ding!!!!  (a Guys and Dolls reference for those who haven't seen it).

I'm very jealous of all you US fans that get a chance to see this particular production of G&D.  I'm actually turning green I think. Wink

Wrong play hun!!!  The green girl is Elphaba from Wicked!   Wink  Besides, you are better off than some - you have an inside connection.   Kiss

cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #6821 on: January 10, 2009, 10:59:15 am »

I think that Lauren is going to be an amazing 'Miss Adelaide'.  She is so perfect for the part.  I would love to know how she is going to play the part.  I really liked the way that Faith Prince played her, but I don't think that that is Lauren.  I think that they picked the perfect people for the cast.  It should be an amazing show.  I have seen the movie so many times over the years and I have it on DVD.  I would so love to see in on stage, Lauren or not, but with Lauren would be so much more amazing. 

Michelle ~ you must really be doing a happy dance after getting the email.  If it were me, I would print that email out and fold it up and stick it near my heart, atleast until the tickets came.    Thank you for putting the picture up.  I have seen some of just Lauren from the clip and she looks amazing. 

There are pictures here   http://pics.livejournal.com/gossipcom/gallery/000c8wzt    of Lauren attending Kelly Bishop's play 'Becky Shaw' on 1-8-09.  Another great thing about it was that Ed Herrmann was also there that night and there are pictures of the three of them together.  What an amazing sight.  Another bit of info is that Emily Berg (Francie) is also in the play and if I remember right, she is playing Kelly's daughter. 
« Last Edit: January 10, 2009, 11:34:28 am by cherilee13 » Logged

SkiesOfBlue
Town Resident

Community Points: 14

View Profile
« Reply #6822 on: January 10, 2009, 05:08:04 pm »

Does anyone know how long this production of Guys and Dolls will be lasting for, I was possibly planning to go to New York for my 21st now I'm on and was hoping of maybe catching a performance. Lets just hope I can save enough for the plan ticket, I'm happy to slum it when I get there.

*Clare*
katlyn13579
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 18

Happy Birthday Lauren!!!

View Profile
« Reply #6823 on: January 10, 2009, 10:40:08 pm »

katlyn ~ she does look adorable, doesn't she?  She looks like Manilyn Monroe a bit.  Are you really going to see Guys and Doll?  If so, I am so jealous.  I think it is only 24 more days before previews start.  I am getting so anxious for it to start even though I won't be able to see it.  I am really hoping that there will be a lot of pictures and clips dealing with the show and that there will be a new soundtrack with this new cast.  I really would love to hear Lauren seriously sing a whole song. 

Yeah she does! lol. Yes, after A LOT of beggin my dad finally decided that we could all go down to New York for vacation and so I could see the show! I already have the tickets, lol. There should be some, I mean a lot of shows like this are usually video tapped and then sold in stores. Idk if this one will be. OMG! Have you (or anyone else) seen that new Guys and Dolls Photoshot video? HaHa, if not you should so watch it. Lauren is in her wig talking about how excited she is and how they just started singing. There is this one part where she goes "and dancing, Oh dear god! The dancing!" I crack up everytime I hear it, lol, and then I go around saying it just like she did. Here is a video link to anyone who has not seen the video....     http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZX59L9MAsc ENJOY!  Grin

cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #6824 on: January 10, 2009, 11:10:07 pm »

That is really great that you are going to be going to see it.  What a great dad you have.  Yeah, I have seen the Guys and Dolls Photoshoot video.  I posted a link for it here a few posts ago, but at a different link then youtube. I think what she says about the dancing is funny, too.  I also liked her comment about the show having the tallest cast members and says "Go ahead, you know, wikipedia it".  She is so funny.  It is a great clip.

I don't know just how long the show it self will run, but Lauren has a six months contract with the show.  Not sure if that will start with the February previews (I would imagine so) or with the actual start in March.  I have been hearing that the first day of the previews (Feb. 3)  has been cancelled for some reason. 

I am hoping that we will get some new pics of Lauren and Matthew once the show starts.  I just read that Matthew and Craig Bierko (Sky) are really good friends so with Lauren and Craig both in it, hopefully Matthew will forsure show up to support them both. 

Pages: 1 ... 453 454 [455] 456 457 ... 467
  Print  

Jump to: