GilmoreGirls.org Forum
November 27, 2021, 06:48:49 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Which of the following is your favorite saying from the shows quirkyest star?
"It sounded like an elephant up there. And Rory weighs like 10 ounces, so.." - 33 (6.6%)
Refering to Dean and Rory. "Yeah, there's strech and skinny." - 18 (3.6%)
Lorelai: Its like falling 600 feet to your death. You know, its fun the first 599 feet, but its just that last foot--total sucko - 98 (19.6%)
Oh, I can't stop drinking the coffee. I stop drinking coffee, I stop doing the standing and walking and the words putting-into-sentence doing. - 200 (40%)
Oy with the poodles already! - 151 (30.2%)
Total Voters: 498

Pages: 1 ... 451 452 [453] 454 455 ... 467
  Print  
Author Topic: Lorelai Gilmore / Lauren Graham Appreciation  (Read 1208691 times)
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1944

View Profile
« Reply #6780 on: October 17, 2008, 07:02:17 pm »

I've been so obsessed with Lauren lately, I don't know where this came from all of the sudden. I've always admired her and thought she was a wonderful actor, person, and inspiration for all. But, I've been reading about her and watching some old interviews and then making graphics with her and it's just wonderful!! So, I'm just going with it! Smiley

I think I know what you mean here Mel.  While I'm not obsessed with her at the moment and I've also always had a fond appreciation for her brilliance and ability to entertain, lately I just find myself searching for things and re-watching old interviews of her.  I've come to the conclusion that, for me personally, there is just nobody out there that fills that void at the moment.  And no matter how crappy a mood I am in I can watch an interview of hers and truly giggle or laugh out loud (I still adore the singing one on Ellen about not selling her melons for a string of beads Cheesy).  She is blessed with a wonderful ability to bring joy to others and our small tv screen is missing that in a big way at the moment.   The longer GG is gone from our screens, the more it stands out like the big white elephant that it is!!!!
« Last Edit: October 17, 2008, 11:13:30 pm by honkifuluvGG » Logged

Please read Forum Rules
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #6781 on: October 17, 2008, 07:12:13 pm »

I've been so obsessed with Lauren lately, I don't know where this came from all of the sudden. I've always admired her and thought she was a wonderful actor, person, and inspiration for all. But, I've been reading about her and watching some old interviews and then making graphics with her and it's just wonderful!! So, I'm just going with it! Smiley

I think I know what you mean here Mel.  While I'm not obsessed with her at the moment and I've also always had a fond appreciation for her brilliance and ability to entertain, lately I just find myself searching for things and re-watching old interviews of her.  I've come to the conclusion that, for me personally, there is just nobody out there that fills that void at the moment.  And no matter how crappy a mood I am in I can watch an interview of hers and truly giggle or laugh out loud (I still adore the singing one on Ellen about not selling her melons for a strong of beads Cheesy).  She is blessed with a wonderful ability to bring joy to others and out small tv screen is missing that in a big way at the moment.   The longer GG is gone from our screens, the more it stands out like the big white elephant that it is!!!!
I think you've said it brilliantly. I love youtube and being able to see her interviews and the other thing I love is that I can find some of my favorite scenes from Gilmore Girls on youtube and just watch that scene quick and be happy without having to pull out my DVD's and find it. I just adore her and the more and more I research about her, read and hear, I love her more. I so very much wish she were in more...but hope that she's happy with the amount of work she's doing. I went back earlier today and read some of the interviews she did at the end of Gilmore Girls and though it made me sad somewhat, I really hope she's happy! She really knows how to bring emotions out in one. But, I'm willing to experience those emotions with her and because of her. The "obsession" has died down a bit for now, but I've never really had a true obsession with regard to her, so it was a new experience, but one that I didn't mind at all. I'm still enjoying creating new graphics with her. I hope to see Flash of Genius sometime soon. But, I can feel a calm in the obsession of LG! Having said that, she'll never lose the special place she has in my heart! Awww...

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
cherilee13
Diner Chef

Community Points: 364

View Profile
« Reply #6782 on: October 17, 2008, 09:54:48 pm »

Mel ~ Mark and I went to see Flash of Genius the second day that it was out and we both really liked it.  Again, Lauren isn't in it as much as I would have liked and it isn't an action packed movie, but it is a great story and done really well, in my mind.  I would really love to go and see it again.  I do have to admit that I am pretty much obsessed with Lauren Graham.  I watch everything I can that has her in it and I buy everything on DVD that I can find and can't wait until Tuesday so that I can buy 'Birds of America' 

I love your new LG/FoG graphic.  I really like the scene in the pic on the left with her hair up.  That was a great scene and she is really pretty in it. 

Caryn ~ I agree with Mel, that you said it brilliantly.  If I am down, all I have to do is watch anything of Lauren's (except some GG episodes) and I get a quick pick me up.  That singing bit from Ellen about not selling her melons for a string a beads was so funny.  She has such a wonderful sense of humor and is so talented.  I wish that it all could be put to use more.  I did hear again that she is in the process of writing something for TV and hopes to be back on there soon.  I don't know if this will be for NBC or not. 

I like to go to YouTube as well and go through the videos there to find some of my favorite scenes from Gilmore Girls.  The only bad thing is that when I do go there I find that I tend to stay on for hours and not realize it.  I love to see the videos that people put to the different songs and am really impressed with them.  I do find a lot of music that I like that I don't recall hearing before, too. 

EDIT:  Here is a tiny clip of Lauren arriving at the Schoenfeld theater to see 'All My Sons' with her manager John Carrabino  http://www.sendspace.com/file/dyrlt3
« Last Edit: October 18, 2008, 08:14:34 pm by cherilee13 » Logged

Sig by Sooks/Mel ~ Thank you sweet friend
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #6783 on: October 21, 2008, 08:15:39 pm »

Okay, shoot me or snark me, but here is another double post.  Not too many people come around here much anymore anyway.

I got 'Birds of America' today and watched it instead of the 5pm Gilmore Girls which I will watch on DVD later tonight.  It was a bit on the slow side but it was pretty good.  There were some funny things in it, some really funny spots, and a couple of spots where I got teary eyed.  I missed Matthew's funny side but this was not a movie where that would fit it.  Lauren was good in it.  Well everyone was good in it.  I liked seeing Lauren and Matthew in a movie together.  I would now like to see them in a romatic comedy.  That would be good.  I want to say more, but I don't want to spoil it for anyone who is planning to see it.  I will probably watch it again tonight.  I like to see movies a couple of times so that I can see things that I missed the first time around. 

katlyn13579
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 18

Happy Birthday Lauren!!!

View Profile
« Reply #6784 on: October 28, 2008, 03:13:03 pm »

OOOO, I love that movie!!! Its so funny and Lauren Graham did an awesome job in it!

Sooks
Inn Bellhop

View Profile
« Reply #6785 on: October 28, 2008, 07:25:29 pm »

From the opening night of All My Sons on Broadway

Lauren's supposed to be on Craig Ferguson this Friday...it's supposed to be a new episode they say so check it out!

~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #6786 on: October 28, 2008, 09:49:19 pm »

OMG, I so wish that I lived in New York City or close by it.  Just found out that Lauren Graham is going to play Miss Adelaide in the Broadway revival of 'Guys and Dolls"  Opening night will be March 1, 2009 with previews beginning on February 3rd.   I are reall jazzed for her.  She loves doing theater and the part is so right for her.  Oliver Platt will be playing Nathan Detroit.  I sooooooooooo would love to see it.   You can read more about it at http://www.gilmoregirlsnews.com   and at http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/10/28/gilmore-girl-lauren-graha_n_138722.html

Sooks
Inn Bellhop

View Profile
« Reply #6787 on: October 29, 2008, 07:46:35 pm »

Oh my gosh, that's awesome! I'm going to be in New York City in March or April maybe and that would be awesome!!! I would ABSOLUTELY LOVE to see Lauren on Broadway! She'd be stunning! Thank you for sharing this awesome news! I think she'd be fabulous under the bright lights and on the big stage! I'm so excited! SO excited! This has made my crappy week so much better! THANK YOU!

~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
lorelaigilmore7979
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #6788 on: October 30, 2008, 07:26:33 pm »

to me watching lorelai is like being amazing. i want to act just like her. there will never be anyone else like her on tv. she is by far the coolest mom, friend and person ever. i love her Grin
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #6789 on: November 02, 2008, 03:08:07 pm »

I just bought a book titled 'Hollywood Pin Ups' by Timothy White.  It is a book of a bunch of actresses in poses for pin-up pictures.  As I was going through it my jaw hit the floor.  There is an amazing picture of Lauren Graham looking absolutely beautiful.  Now bear in mind that all of the actresses in these pictures have wigs and/or hair pieces, they have been air brushed and such so with some it is hard to recognize them, but as soon as I saw Lauren, I knew it was her.  I went to Fan Forum and they have found the picture as well.  Here is a link where you can find this amazing pic.  http://www.fanforum.com/f124/lauren-graham-picture-thread-56-lauren-pin-up-drools-62862276/    Just be prepaird!!!!!

Sooks
Inn Bellhop

View Profile
« Reply #6790 on: November 02, 2008, 04:30:06 pm »

I have to say, that's a beautiful picture! I have been trying to figure out if I'm going to be a tattoo of a pin-up girl - it's odd to think of or bring up right now...but now that I see that pic, maybe that's what I'll get?! She's amazing! Thanks for sharing that link, Cheri! You're always so good at bringing us up to date with all things Lauren Graham! Don't know what we'd do without you!

~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #6791 on: November 02, 2008, 04:54:35 pm »

Oh, I am sure that someone else would find all the Lauren stuff if I wasn't here doing it.  Sometimes, though, it seems like there aren't very many who really care anymore.  I still do very much so I will put up as much as I can when I find it.  There are pictures from Friday night/Saturday morning's Craig Ferguson interview on the Lauren Graham Fan Forum as well as the video of it but I forgot to write down the links.  I will go back later tonight or tomorrow to get them and I will put them up here.  For those who didn't see the interview, she was wearing this really cute orange dress with black tights.  She was really pretty, as usual.  The interview was silly as always and she talked about being in Guys and Dolls.  It was a fun interview.

thevoid99
Diner Regular

Community Points: 19

Shame on our dirty little hearts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6792 on: November 02, 2008, 05:37:11 pm »

WHOA!!!!!

I envy you Luke Danes!!!  Damn!!!!
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #6793 on: November 02, 2008, 09:02:48 pm »

The caps from Craig Ferguson 10/31 are here  http://www.imagebam.com/image/775afd17191579

and the video is here  http://videoarchive.lauren-online.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=81&pos=3

thevoid99
Diner Regular

Community Points: 19

Shame on our dirty little hearts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6794 on: November 02, 2008, 10:28:11 pm »

I missed that episode last Friday.  I'll wait for the re-run.

Not because of Lauren.

It's because of... the Damned.

Legendary punk band from the 70s. 
Pages: 1 ... 451 452 [453] 454 455 ... 467
  Print  

Jump to: