GilmoreGirls.org Forum
June 26, 2022, 04:21:13 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Which of the following is your favorite saying from the shows quirkyest star?
"It sounded like an elephant up there. And Rory weighs like 10 ounces, so.." - 33 (6.6%)
Refering to Dean and Rory. "Yeah, there's strech and skinny." - 18 (3.6%)
Lorelai: Its like falling 600 feet to your death. You know, its fun the first 599 feet, but its just that last foot--total sucko - 98 (19.6%)
Oh, I can't stop drinking the coffee. I stop drinking coffee, I stop doing the standing and walking and the words putting-into-sentence doing. - 200 (40%)
Oy with the poodles already! - 151 (30.2%)
Total Voters: 498

Pages: 1 ... 449 450 [451] 452 453 ... 467
  Print  
Author Topic: Lorelai Gilmore / Lauren Graham Appreciation  (Read 1360365 times)
jaz-copperboom!
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 86

View Profile
« Reply #6750 on: September 30, 2008, 01:45:52 am »

thats for that      Grin

« Last Edit: July 09, 2010, 05:48:14 pm by jaz-copperboom! » Logged

lorelai: i have someone to complain to when life sucks or work sucks or just everything sucks. i have someone i can talk to.
rory: yeah, who?
lorelai: oh shecky, you kill me.

calbomm
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 5

View Profile
« Reply #6751 on: September 30, 2008, 02:58:18 pm »

I have seen LG on a few interviews before and can't figure out if she is an airhead or trying to be funny. I understand trying to entertain people, but she seems to come off as ditzy at times.  I am a big fan of hers and will she hope she is just trying to be funny.
cherilee13
Diner Chef

Community Points: 364

View Profile
« Reply #6752 on: September 30, 2008, 06:13:49 pm »

Caryn ~ I'm still not getting the pictures.  Thanks for putting up the full interview from Ellen.  I think I laugh harder every time I watch it.

Calbomm ~  I really love to laugh at Lauren when she acts so crazy on these interviews, but I have seen her do a couple that were funny but on a calmer level and I wish that she would be like that more often.  She goes on these shows, I would assume, to promote the movies that are coming out and she rarely talks about them.  Ellen had to say a bit about FoG because Lauren didn't. She also can't seem to complete a sentence.  I know that she is an intelegent woman and even though I like the funny, I would like to see more of this intelegence show through.  I am also a big fan of hers. 

EDIT:  Just found this on fan forum.  Don't know how long it will be there because it looks like it changes daily.  It is so funny.  It if from People Mag. and it called  They Said What?  Daytime TV's Top 5 Moments.   http://www.people.com/people/videos/0,,20229634,00.html
« Last Edit: September 30, 2008, 06:42:30 pm by cherilee13 » Logged

Sig by Sooks/Mel ~ Thank you sweet friend
Lovefiend
Yale Alumnus

Community Points: 905

Shary's Stalkee, Lexie is my lil sis/ R.I.P BF

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6753 on: October 01, 2008, 01:06:03 am »

I don't think being hyperactive and unable to complete a sentance makes her an airhead. Especially when you imagine the situation she's in: being interviewed knowing most of the world can see it, if they wish. That'd get most people a little riled up!
I talk like her, disjointed and borderline ADD, but I like to think I'm relatively intelligent. How a person talks doesn't really reflect their brain power Tongue
She's promoting films, but she's also promoting herself. the more people know her, the more work she'll get. Unfortunatly half of the Hollywood game is self-promotion. Also, from what I hear (correct me if I'm wrong!!), but FOG is quite a serious flick, and Lauren doesn't like to talk about serious subjects for too long.

~I wish I could touch you again, I wish I could still call you friend, I'd give, anything... ~

MiniPink
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #6754 on: October 01, 2008, 10:12:32 am »

I didn't call her an air head.  I know that she isn't and I do know that she is very intellegent.  Far more than I am, that's for sure.  I love the funny Lauren and I also love the serious Lauren.  It just seems like if she is going on a show to promote a movie, which is the only time she, or anyone else, is on one of the interview shows, she should do so.  She did get serious there for half a minute when Ellen asked her about the movie and then she, in the middle of the sentence, started talking about how it was her last time on the show that got her the interview for the movie and even that didn't really make sense.  Maybe it was the juice diet, who knows.  I would just like to see her do an interview that is somewhere in the middle of the crazy funny that she is on Ellen and more serious.  Yes, she is promoting herself, too, but seeing her like she was in this interview doesn't really give her the best of images.  I saw a girl on one of the early morning shows a couble of days ago, ulgh I can't remember who she was but she was promoting a Disney TV show that she is the star of, she was a teenager and she actually answered the questions profesionally and intelectually and without all of the ums and ahs.  It was a great interview even though it was for something I wouldn't watch because I am not below the age of 20, but I was very impressed with her.  I love Lauren, you know that, and I will watch anything that she does, and I think she is a great actress.  I wish that she would get better rolls because she has the tallent to do them, but in these interviews, she doesn't show it.  I will admit that I have watched the Ellen interview probably 20 times now and laugh really hard every time.  I, again would just like to see her be a bit more serious.  Maybe then the people doing the projects would take her more serious and consider her for more rolls.  That is all that I am saying. 

I do understand that when an actor is on the red carpet they are bombarded with rapid fire questions from many different reporters lining the red carpet and it is mind boggling, and they have to come up with answers quickly and they try to answer differently with each one and that would be hard, but just sitting there with one person asking questions is different.  I do know that they go over what is going to be asked and are told to bring up a funny story to talk about, so I know that it isn't all her fault.  Hey, maybe it is just me but when I know that someone is going on to a show to promote their project, I would like to hear a little about that project atleast for a minute or two.  I have to watch the interviews with Greg Kinnear and Alan Alda to hear anything about the movie.  Of course, I have been reading and hearing so much about FoG that I don't think that there will be too many surprises, but that is fine.  I am going Saturday to see it and can't wait.  Well, I just got off of the subject a bit there, didn't I. 

honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1944

View Profile
« Reply #6755 on: October 01, 2008, 02:54:43 pm »

I think Kate was referencing calbomm's post when she mentioned the airhead comment Cheri, not yours.

I actually love Lauren's interview technique.  Sometimes it goes of the rails a little, but I'm pretty sure 99% of what she does during an interview is a 'bit'.  It's almost like she channels her interview character and I love it.  It's fun and we often get a little info on her personal life and whilst I know she's there to promote the movie, she doesn't give it any less attention that it would be given on any other show.  I think the time allotted to that kind of thing is often set by the show producers, not necessarily the artist there promoting it.  A quick setup on the show premise and a clip is pretty standard.

Please read Forum Rules
calbomm
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 5

View Profile
« Reply #6756 on: October 01, 2008, 03:21:50 pm »

I didn't say she is an airhesd, but that she comes off like that in a lot of her interviews.  I understand aobukt being nervous in front of a big audience, but that is the business she is in.  Promoting a movie or TV show is part of the package.  Going off on tangents is fine, but sometimes it makes it hard to follow what she is talking about.  I have always enjoyed her work, back to the sitcoms she did before Gilmore Girls, and will continue to be a fan.
Lovefiend
Yale Alumnus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6757 on: October 01, 2008, 03:45:19 pm »

I was, Caryn, I was!! I know you don't think she's an airhead, Cheri!! Sorry if I made you think that's what I thought.

With an actress like Lauren, people are more interested in her personality that her movies. The majority of people wanna see her on talkshows to hear her talk, and get their fix of hyperactive Lauren humour. So that's what she does. Caryn's 100% right, in that she probably doesn't control what gets talked about, and also I don't think she talks any less than any other actor about their work vs general chitchat or their home life.

~I wish I could touch you again, I wish I could still call you friend, I'd give, anything... ~

MiniPink
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #6758 on: October 01, 2008, 04:42:51 pm »

I agree and I mentioned that what is talked about on the show is always talked about before the show.  What her funny story is going to be, because there always has to be a funny story because that is just Lauren, and then what she is there to promote.  I think that it is just that she gets going on her funny story and they run out of time to do the promoting.  Ellen is the one who said more about the movie than Lauren did. 

You know, all I am really trying to say is that as much as I really love the funny stuff that she does and can't get enough of it, I would like to hear from her what she is there to promote.  Get her view on the project and the people she worked with.  I have heard Greg and Alan's take on it, I would just like to get her's.  Maybe I will get her view on the Hour or on Craig Ferguson.  Well, maybe not Craig Ferguson because she goes more on the funny side on his show, but not like she does on Ellen.  When you get right down to it, I do love the funny Lauren and I wouldn't want her to be completely serious.  I just would like to hear a bit about the projects, too.   Plus, I really do think that a "little" more of a serious side would help get her bigger rolls.  Unless they know her, the people hunting for actors for their projects might think that she wouldn't be capeable to do the job. 

Sometimes I think that I should just not say anything because I guess I can't say what I am really thinking in a way that everyone else can understand it.   I love Lauren and I love the way she makes everyone laugh and I love her work.  I guess that that is all I have to say about this.   

Lovefiend
Yale Alumnus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6759 on: October 01, 2008, 05:07:07 pm »

No, Cheri, don't say you don't wanna say anything! It's an interesting discussion, and I like hearing your thoughts.  Just because I disagree, or giv eyou my opinion as well, doesn't mean yours isn't 100% valid!!!
Please don't think that because I disagreed you shouldn't be able to express yourself. I'm really sorry if I made you feel that way at all, it wasn't my intention at all.

MiniPink
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1944

View Profile
« Reply #6760 on: October 01, 2008, 05:12:54 pm »

Hehe don't not say anything Cheri - look at all the wonderful conversation it's created!! Wink  And I completely understand what you are saying, I just personally don't mind if I get that from the interviews or not.  I often find out all I like to know on these projects by searching on the project sites more than the press junkets the stars go on.  Plus by this stage of the game a lot of the artists have talked about the project when they first get the job, then whilst they are working on it and then when its premiering, so there is often not a lot more left to be said on the subject.  There were a few print interviews with Lauren in the aftermath of GG that she went into quite a bit of detail so I often wonder whether they try to mix it up a little so as to not be too repetitive.  Who knows?  Then there is also what Kate and I were saying in that these chat shows only allow so much airtime for the project because they want the entertainment factor.  Often that is what draws the audience in.  So I'm sure there's a balance that is trying to be met on all fronts for the actor, project and talk show.

calbomm:  I get what you were saying also.  But again I like her 'interview bit'.  And yeah the tangents can be hard to follow sometimes but I don't mind that it goes wrong sometimes, for all the good bits we end up with when she nails it.

ETA: Snap Kate!!!  you got in before me.

Please read Forum Rules
Lovefiend
Yale Alumnus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6761 on: October 01, 2008, 05:17:48 pm »

Hah, great minds think alike, Caryn!!!
I think it depend son the show as well, like Ellen and Craig Fergeson etc are 'entertainment' shows, so they're just entertaining, but for exampleInside the Actors Studio (Only thing I could think of, sorry!), is more based around their actual work. And like Caryn said, the press junkets and whatnot and the film festial intervews are all about the projects themselves.

Caryn pretty much said everything else!! It's like you're inside my mind. What's it like there? Echoey?

MiniPink
wmushell
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 950

View Profile
« Reply #6762 on: October 01, 2008, 05:30:17 pm »

I just wanted to pop in and mention that I absolutely loved the interview.  I agree that Lauren purposefully goes into "interview bit" mode and honestly that is fine with me.  With all the serious issues and harsh realities of the world today, it is essential to have some light fare - and let's face it . . . that's what people are hoping for when they tune into Ellen and I think Lauren gets that.  It is also just an aspect to her personality -- having learned a lot about her, she has quite a lot of layers and is extremely sharp even when she is appearing not to be.  This makes me think of on Celebrity Poker Showdown when she pretends to be quite clueless about it all and then ends up methodically owning the table.  Also, one thing to remember is that wit is borne of intelligence.  When put on the spot, I don't think I could make people laugh quite as much as Lauren is able to in a short period of time.  Although, I also share some of these ADHD tendencies that have been mentioned!   Cheesy  My mind works fast and I jump from subject to subject randomly because I simply can't get it all out in time.   Tongue  I see a bit of that in Lauren -- she's often on the next thing as fast as lightening.  
As far as the movie, I thought the clip was well-chosen and showed the tone of the movie.  It's actually a film about a very complex and somewhat tortured man, so I can see where the discussion of how windshield wipers are so much better when used "intermittently" might be appropriate for Ellen.  

It was so good to see her.  I have missed her much.  It was quite interesting when she mentioned she was initially considered for the role based on a previous Ellen experience!  I also loved when Ellen said she didn't think Lauren was acting any differently than usual at all.   Cheesy

cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #6763 on: October 01, 2008, 11:23:56 pm »

I agree with everyone, that she was hysterically funny and I did enjoy it.  I just would like her to be a little more serious from time to time and I would like to hear about her projects from her not everyone else involved with the project and not by reading about it on line or in papers.  To me it is as if she could care less about what she does and I think that it could hurt her as far as getting good projects.  Just my opinion.  That is all I am saying.  Yeah, it will probably never happen on Ellen, heck probably never on any interview show.  My last hope will be on The Hour.  If it doesn't happen there then I will give up on my wishes and just laugh along with her like everyone else.  Maybe it is my age or maybe I'm just in a funky mood or something.  I would just like to see her do an interview that shows her intellegence.  I get it, I am the only one and I know that it will never happen, but that is just what I wish I could see with her even just once.  I was so awe struck by this teenager I was mentioning who was composed and speaking intellegently and answered every question with a concise answer.  She really caught my attention and I enjoyed listening to her.  Well, as I said Ellen isn't the place where this would ever happen with Lauren, and I do like her funny side and I guess that that is just her and that is what we will always get from her and apparently that is all that anyone but me wants to see from her.  Oh well, that is life. 

thevoid99
Diner Regular

Community Points: 19

Shame on our dirty little hearts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6764 on: October 02, 2008, 08:23:52 am »

Yahoo article with interviews with Greg Kinnear, Lauren, Alan Alda, and director Marc Abrahams.

Lauren's stuff is funny as usual and there's a pic of her!
Pages: 1 ... 449 450 [451] 452 453 ... 467
  Print  

Jump to: