GilmoreGirls.org Forum
May 27, 2022, 11:48:37 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Which of the following is your favorite saying from the shows quirkyest star?
"It sounded like an elephant up there. And Rory weighs like 10 ounces, so.." - 33 (6.6%)
Refering to Dean and Rory. "Yeah, there's strech and skinny." - 18 (3.6%)
Lorelai: Its like falling 600 feet to your death. You know, its fun the first 599 feet, but its just that last foot--total sucko - 98 (19.6%)
Oh, I can't stop drinking the coffee. I stop drinking coffee, I stop doing the standing and walking and the words putting-into-sentence doing. - 200 (40%)
Oy with the poodles already! - 151 (30.2%)
Total Voters: 498

Pages: 1 ... 448 449 [450] 451 452 ... 467
  Print  
Author Topic: Lorelai Gilmore / Lauren Graham Appreciation  (Read 1342500 times)
cherilee13
Diner Chef

Community Points: 364

View Profile
« Reply #6735 on: September 18, 2008, 07:16:27 pm »

Thanks, that is a good article.  I am begining to cut down on what I am reading about the movie and/or the Kearns family because I am beginning to know more then I would like before going to see the movie.  I have been printing some of the articles but am going to save them to read until after I see the movie.  TMI for me to handle right now Cheesy

EDIT:  Lauren will be on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson on October 2nd.

EDIT:  Alan Alda was on Tavis Smiley last night (9-18) and talked a bit about Flash of Genius but talked more about his new book which was all that he talked about when he was on Craig Ferguson the night before.  I was disappointed that he didn't mention the movie then. 

Also, the LA premiere is on Sept. 22 at the Bruin Theater in Westwood, CA

EDIT:  Really hate puting this here because I don't think that many people will see it but to avoid a double post, I guess that this is how I must do it.  Here is a beautiful picture of Lauren with a couple members of the cast of the musical ' 9 to 5'.  This was taken at the premiere in LA of the show on Sept. 20. :  http://lauren-online.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=216&pos=0    The color of the dress is similar to the one she wore to Rory's graduation from Yale.  Cheesy  There are more from this night at:  http://l-graham.org/gallery/displayimage.php?album=441&pos=0
« Last Edit: September 22, 2008, 10:57:43 am by cherilee13 » Logged

Sig by Sooks/Mel ~ Thank you sweet friend
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #6736 on: September 23, 2008, 01:57:51 pm »

Again with the double post and again I apoligize.  Here are pictures from last nights LA premiere of FoG:   http://l-graham.org/gallery/thumbnails.php?album=442    Great pictures.

honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1944

View Profile
« Reply #6737 on: September 23, 2008, 04:00:47 pm »

Cheri:  Where would we be without you?  Thanks for the heads up and here are a couple of the photos so that we can all look at the lovely LG.

9 to 5 premiere

FoG premiere

Will have to keep an eye out for the Craig Ferguson Show on youtube as we don't get it here.

« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 09:56:25 pm by honkifuluvGG » Logged

Please read Forum Rules
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 648

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6738 on: September 23, 2008, 06:18:12 pm »

Here is a beautiful picture of Lauren with a couple members of the cast of the musical ' 9 to 5'.  This was taken at the premiere in LA of the show on Sept. 20. :  http://lauren-online.net/gallery/displayimage.php?album=216&pos=0    The color of the dress is similar to the one she wore to Rory's graduation from Yale.  Cheesy  There are more from this night at:  http://l-graham.org/gallery/displayimage.php?album=441&pos=0

I saw "9 to 5: The Musical" on Sunday and it was awesometastic.  Everyone should go.  Snap

~Heidi 

Flame    Flame
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #6739 on: September 23, 2008, 09:06:50 pm »

Caryn ~ Thank you for posting those pictures.  She looks so amazing.  I didn't think that anyone was coming here anymore because I wasn't getting any responses and I was coming here to ask if anyone wanted me to continue or if I should just quit.  It is good to see that someone does come to check it out.  Right now there is so much.  There are now 51 pictures at the last site that I showed.  Some are with Greg Kinnear and some with other people and many of just Lauren looking so beautiful.  Here is another place with more pictures and if you check through the different pages you will find other pictures and some videos.   http://www.fanforum.com/f124/lauren-graham-picture-thread-54-eyeing-lauren-62854950/index13.html

EDIT:  I just found a place that has 142 pictures from the premiere:  http://www.alexisandlauren.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=744&pos=0

Heidi ~ I would love to go see '9 to 5 the musical' but I probably won't be able to unless it comes the the Detoit area

« Last Edit: September 23, 2008, 09:16:49 pm by cherilee13 » Logged

calbomm
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 5

View Profile
« Reply #6740 on: September 24, 2008, 02:28:45 pm »

The photos are great, keep it up.
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #6741 on: September 28, 2008, 04:58:56 pm »

I will keep posting places that have pictures of our lovely Lauren Graham as soon as I see them.  I am glad to put the information up for everyone.  It is fun searching for new pictures, articles and videos. 

I was just going through the Sunday news paper, The Detoit Free Press, and got a big surprise.  There is a two page spread in the Entertainment section on 'The Flash of Genius' and on Bob Kearns.  There is also an article asking if the movie will cause trouble for the Ford Motor Company.  I haven't read it yet, but as soon as I do I will come back and tell you about it.  If someone else has already read it, you are welcome to put up here what it was about.  There is even a picture that has Lauren in it.  Can't wait to read it. 

Lovefiend
Yale Alumnus

Community Points: 905

Shary's Stalkee, Lexie is my lil sis/ R.I.P BF

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6742 on: September 28, 2008, 05:25:23 pm »

This is from the Ellen degeneres newsletter, about Lauren:

Monday, September 29
LAUREN GRAHAM

I start off the week with the latest edition of my favorite new game, Aw Snap! (And one of the contestants gets caught cheating!) Then, I am pleased to welcome the always enchanting LAUREN GRAHAM, who can be seen in the new film "Flash of Genius" -- and get this, Lauren tells me that she landed the role after being seen on my show! (But she also tells me she's on an all-juice diet that's making her crazy, so I'm not sure what to believe!) Lauren is still one of my favorite guests, and every time I see her, she tells me that she's single. (Honestly, sometimes I don't know if Lauren comes here to promote a project, or because she needs me to find her a date.) Lauren even talks about coming to my 50th birthday party with a famous face, who she tells me is just her friend.

~I wish I could touch you again, I wish I could still call you friend, I'd give, anything... ~

MiniPink
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #6743 on: September 28, 2008, 06:02:06 pm »

Kate, I saw that.  It was cute.  I wonder if Ellen will ever find Lauren a guy.  I also wonder if Lauren is going to say that she went to Ellen's birthday party with Matthew Perry.  I can't wait to see it.  I have my DVR ready and my VCR and I will be watching it.

I found a place where you can read the articles from the Detroit Free Press.   http://freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080928/ENT01/809280312

Lovefiend
Yale Alumnus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6744 on: September 28, 2008, 09:41:17 pm »

I dunno! I love those two together though, they're so funny!
I'm so out of the Lauren loop these days. Ah well....

~I wish I could touch you again, I wish I could still call you friend, I'd give, anything... ~

MiniPink
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #6745 on: September 29, 2008, 10:56:28 am »

Wasn't really happy with Lauren on Ellen.  She is getting too crazy on these talk shows.  She talks about stupid stuff and can't seem to finish a sentence, although she didn't finish them before either.  I love her funny stories, but I wish she didn't have to act so stupid while telling them.  You can be funny without being stupid.  I don't think she can blame it all on the juice diet that she was cheating on.  I thought her story about showing up with Matthew at Ellen's Bithday party and then spliting from him when approaching the cameras was funny.  She needs to make what she says about FoG more exciting.  I don't think that I would go to see it by what she said about it. The wipers isn't what it is about, they are just the invention behind the story of what Bob goes through and what he makes his family go through and what happens because of them.  It is about the drive he has to get the recognition that he deserves by taking on the big companies to get it and to show them that they can't do this to people.  Okay, that's my rant for the day.  Got a bit off track, I guess.  I still love Lauren but hope that her interviews on The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson and The Hour are a bit more calm.  I can still take the funny just not the over the top crazy. 

Kate, I agree that Lauren and Matthew are so funny together and I wish that they would become a couple, but that probably will never happen.  It seems that the friend route is all that it is going to be.  That certain something to carry it into a relationship just doesn't seem to be there.  Oh well.   For some reason I am just in Lauren loop.  It is crazy.  Maybe even an obsession.  I have too much time on my hands, or brain, I think.  Oh well, it keeps me off the streets. 

Lovefiend
Yale Alumnus

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6746 on: September 29, 2008, 03:16:20 pm »

Hmm,t hat's kind of Lauren's trademark though, especially on talkshows with people that egg her on (Ellen, Craig Kilborn), from way back in the day. Haven't seen it yet.
Heh, I mean Ellen and Lauren together are hilarious, Matt and Lauren together are cute, but they both get quieter around each other.

MiniPink
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

View Profile
« Reply #6747 on: September 29, 2008, 05:04:26 pm »

Here's a link to part of that Lauren interview on youtube  http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=aBDESEZBmfE .  Can't seem to find the whole thing yet though.

Anybody got it at all?

Please read Forum Rules
cherilee13
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #6748 on: September 29, 2008, 06:37:22 pm »

Caryn, thanks for putting that up.  I recorded it on my DVR and also on VHS because my DVR hasn't been working all that great lately, but haven't checked them out yet.  After watching it again at the link you gave, I did laugh at it more and I think I was a bit too hard on her before.  Either it is funnier or it is just that I am running on only three hours of sleep last night and am really tired.  haha  No, I think that it is funnier then I first took it.  Loved her doing the juice diet 'with extras' and they call it a 'fast' and she calls it a 'suggestion'.  That was really funny.  Oh, change of subject,  am I the only one who isn't getting the FoG pictures that you put up here?  I saw them the first day and then they were gone. 

Kate, yeah, that is her trademark and Ellen can really get her going.  Those two are so funny together.  Oh, I loved all of the stuff that came out of Sundance with Lauren and Matthew.  They were so funny.  Especially the farther into the Festival where Lauren was getting tired and was a bit slap happy.    I just like to see her a bit more serious once in a while. 

Well, got to go and get everything ready to tape Greg Kinnear on The Hour tonight at 11pm just in case the DVR doesn't record it.  It is also on at 5AM and 5PM tomorrow.

Did anyone notice that Lauren worn the same dress on Ellen that she wore at the press conference at the Toronto Film Festival?  It is great to see an actree who doesn't worry about wearing the same thing twice.  Gotta love her.

EDIT:  The Greg Kinnear thing on The Hour wasn't much.  He was only on for about nine minutes and that was split up between Flash of Genius, Ghost town, and his live with his family living over seas so nothing new about FoG and nothing about Lauren Graham.  I am sure that when she is on The Hour in a couple of days she will be mentioning him.  Well, I guess that would be because he is the star of the movie.  Anyway, off to bed now. 

« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 09:22:49 pm by cherilee13 » Logged

honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

View Profile
« Reply #6749 on: September 29, 2008, 09:59:23 pm »

I laughed a lot during those 2 minutes of footage on that link and can't wait to see the rest of it.

And yeah the pics were not working for me either.  I've gone back and played with it - let me know if it's working for you now.

ETA:  And here is a link for the full interview on Ellen  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pBLz0IQNaac.  Enjoy!

« Last Edit: September 29, 2008, 10:32:57 pm by honkifuluvGG » Logged

Please read Forum Rules
Pages: 1 ... 448 449 [450] 451 452 ... 467
  Print  

Jump to: