GilmoreGirls.org Forum
December 03, 2021, 05:43:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
  Print  
Author Topic: 4.13 - Nag Hammadi is Where They Found the Gnostic Gospels  (Read 86772 times)
Imy
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 411

I'm the Literati geek!

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2006, 01:06:21 pm »

i luv da part where jess tells rory he luvs her da first time i watched it i wos 2 stunned 2 hav a reaction but da second time i got a bit emotional and teary eyed i mean it wos so cute cos if i wos rory i would hav run after him screaming i luv u i luv u!!!
i luv dodger!

Imogen~Literati~M.M.M~Java Junkie~Foodie

I'm the Old school music gal! lol Jim!
Do you have a Crazy Corner Emily?! lol
1orelai
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 22

I am here for you and your sexy beard Taylor

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2006, 01:08:15 pm »

I just love the title of this episode.  Amy is so imaginative with all of her titles.  I really like going through and trying top find out wher ethe title is referenced in the actualy eppisode

Co-Creator of the Middies

Bobo
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2006, 08:51:01 am »

I just saw this episode like midnight yesterday, its 1 of my best. And i am glad loads of people enjoyed as much as i did. Smiley
I absolutely adore Jess, and of course episodes with jess are always fantastic. The 1st scene with kirk's "Roger" was hilarous.
Then when Jess told Rory he loved her that was the "IT scene".The way he mumbled it like it was so hard for him but he had to all the same, i just screamed.  :Smiley

The will of God will never lead you to where his grace won't keep you.
Imy
Pretty Town Spinster

I'm the Literati geek!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2006, 01:33:13 pm »

the 1st time i watched this episode i was to stunned to say a word but after about a minute i could speak and going a minute without talking is a long time for me! anyway the second time i watched tears came to my eyes i felt so sorry for jess Cry cause him and rory are so perfect for each other and she just blew him off why can't she see that she loves him too!

QweenB
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 568

RIP Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2006, 07:36:51 pm »

This episode has my favourite scene in it, its the part when Luke is drunk and cuts himself fixing Lorelai's window (incredible amount of blood on his shirt for something that takes one pretty little bandaid might I add) but the look on his face when he sees the bandaid...'Got me a handfulla barbie!'

Gotta love it!

*tag*

Courtney Fan!
Got me a hand full of Barbie!
Shut ya gob!
Ditto!
Honourary South Af
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1944

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2006, 07:50:28 pm »

LOL, yes well that was a very entertaining moment!  I love that whole scene between Luke and Lorelai - it is yet another build up for the Java Junkies of the world, as to how wonderful and connected these two characters are.  And Lorelai's need to then go and tell Jess off, well lets just say I'm glad she did it.  I like Jess, don't get me wrong, and I know he was young and dealing with his own issues, but that was way out of line.  Luke is constantly being asked to be there for the girls in his life - Lorelai and Liz, and at times Rory, on behalf of Lorelai - and to then cop the crap that Jess spewed at him.  Of course these things would build up over time, and I'm glad Lorelai was there for him when his world came crashing down for a little bit.

(Phew for a moment there I thought you were gonna ask me about the meaning of Nag Hammadi Shocked)

Please read Forum Rules
marinaspain
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 29, 2006, 04:35:31 am »

Hi everybody!! I'm a new fan from Spain. I can see the chapters of Gilmore Girls by Fox tv (we're watching now the 4th season). In the chapter number 13 the man who is always singing in the street sings a son which says something about Mona Lisa. I would like to know the name of this singer and, if it's possible, the name of the song, because in Spain the soundtrack isn't available. Thank you very much for your help!!
G.G
Diner Owner

Community Points: 73

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2006, 07:11:45 am »

i was totally shocked when jess confesed his love to rory,but he shouldnt have drive away.he should've gotten closer to her and kiss her Kiss.anywayi liked it alot.

Imy
Pretty Town Spinster

I'm the Literati geek!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2006, 08:46:52 am »

i was totally shocked when jess confesed his love to rory,but he shouldnt have drive away.he should've gotten closer to her and kiss her Kiss.anywayi liked it alot.
totally agree!
she should have run after him when he walked away
i liked luke and lorelai together

Stars-n-Moons
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 14

Seven Super Seasons!

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 15, 2006, 11:13:38 am »

Everything about this episode was great.  I thought that the dialogue was amazing and there was a lot of really funny parts.  This was a terrific episode overall.

[color=FF0071]If it had to end, I am at least glad it ended with people wanting more... help keep the memories alive![/color]
Imy
Pretty Town Spinster

I'm the Literati geek!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 16, 2006, 07:13:31 am »

Jess!!!! do i need to say anymore-ok how about this-he loves her............!!!!!!!!

AussieGGFan
Town Resident

Community Points: 22

Aussie Gal

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 29, 2007, 04:55:26 pm »

I still dont like Jess. I mean i like the concept of it and all,but the guy to me is just so totally irritating. I dont even know why,but my teeth just grate when i see him. Having said that,he had some incredibly emotional scenes in this episode.
When he sees the long haired girl when he is waiting for Gypsy to fix his car,and she says to him that 'it isnt her,she cut her hair' the look on his face is heartbreaking.
And the ending was so very sad. Even though he isnt right for Rory and it is better for him to be out of her life,it still doesnt change the fact that he loved her in his own way.
And poor Luke. This was the thing that annoyed me about Jess in this episode was the way he flew off the handle at Luke because of his own shortcomings. I thought that really wasnt fair.
I choked up though when liz was telling Lorelai about what a good guy Luke was though,that was so touching! And i think liz and TJ are a cute couple lol
All in all a great episode. Good to see Lorelai was there for Luke,even if it was with Barbie bandaids lol

Suzi xox

Java Junkie Smiley Keep the F.A.I.T.H
Crackrobat
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 8

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2007, 03:31:48 am »

I love this episode. I think the 'Luke' you see in this episode is amazing. He had so many funny moments. The handful of barbie comment was hilarious; and did anyone else notice him crack up when Liz was talking about how handsome Jess is and TJ responds by saying "If I were a girl I wouldn't kick him out of bed".  Luke's reaction is priceless.

I have to disagree with alot of what's been said here. I don't think Jess was out of line to yell at Luke the way he did. While I think Luke always had good intentions, it wasn't his place to be running after Jess saying "What are we going to do about this problem". I understand that it comes from years of picking up after his sister (and more recently Jess) but he had no right to try and "fix" his sisters relationship when he had no idea what this man was really like and what they really shared. It may have been harsh, but Jess was actually right. Luke did need to stop thinking he could fix everyones problems and start focusing on his own life. Which I think he did and this led to him finally being able to accept TJ and move forward with Lorelai.

The Jess and Rory storyline was brilliant in this episode. The way the are trying to avoid each other all day and end up running into each other constantly because they are thinking alike is so cute. My take on the ending where Jess confesses his love for Rory and then leaves is that he feels he needs to be something for her. That was always my impression of Jess and why he left. He wanted to make something of himself so that when he came back to her he would have something worthwhile to offer. But of course, he never realised that he already had something to offer. I think this is why he continued to pop up, after he'd written the book and with the launch of his publishing/open house it was showing her that he had done something with his life and her faith in him wasn't misplaced.

Your love is like sweet, brown chocolate melting on the tongue of god - - Jeff Buckley
Imy
Pretty Town Spinster

I'm the Literati geek!

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 12, 2007, 08:27:35 am »

wow i totally agree with you!!
I think that when Jess was yelling at Luke he was just trying to say that he should stop trying to fix people because they end up feeling guilty and Jess didn't want to feel guilty anymore he didn't want to feel like he owed Luke something i'm not sure if that made sense but anyway....
a really sad part is when Gypsy is fixing Jess' car and he turns round and sees a girl with long brown hair and...
Gypsy: that's not her
Jess: what?
Gyspy: she cut her hair
Jess: (lying!) no idea what you're talking about! it's sooo sad

Crackrobat
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 8

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 13, 2007, 05:01:45 am »

Jess does feel guilty for failing Luke, that is obvious in this scene. I think Jess felt he was set up to fail and that his failure was a source of disappointment for Luke and that only compounded his guilt. As always, I think Jess is looking for someone to make him feel worthy without rules and conditions.

I love the whole concept of this episode and Jess. The fact that even after a year he not only still holds a torch for Rory and loves her but he's haunted by her and Stars Hollow. He made an impact on the town but it made a big impact on him too and we're seeing how affected he is by it in this episode.

I mostly love how he keeps running into Rory even though both are trying their best to avoid each other.

I love love love the look on Jess's face when he's with Gypsy and he thinks he's seen Rory for the first time again. As I said before, it's haunted.

Your love is like sweet, brown chocolate melting on the tongue of god - - Jeff Buckley
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6
  Print  

Jump to: