GilmoreGirls.org Forum
January 26, 2022, 03:54:53 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 174
  Print  
Author Topic: Being a Gilmore Guy  (Read 517456 times)
QweenB
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 568

RIP Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #2040 on: July 16, 2007, 10:28:10 pm »

Rach xxx

Dont stress over calling him Rupert, until I got him as my postcard pal I dont think I knew his real name, he was always "Rupe" or "Indie" actually - when I got him as a postcard pal I thought 'who is that???' lol.

You and your hot musician who plays you songs on your first date story Sad makes me feel single and sad Cry hehe. I dont know if I am charged or frustrated...

Everywhere I turn these days people are leaving singledom, getting engaged, getting married, blissfully basking in the glory of their relationships.

YOU ALL MAKE ME SICK!!!!!!!! PMSL

B xxx

Courtney Fan!
Got me a hand full of Barbie!
Shut ya gob!
Ditto!
Honourary South Af
Byder
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 114

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2041 on: July 17, 2007, 04:30:11 am »

Woah, I come in here looking to see what the guys are up to and get hit by girly talk. Whahaha!

How are you ladies?! hehe! Okay, so B, you don't need to answer that coz it looks like you are upset with us people who are 'potentially' in relationships. Heh! U know what... sometime life without the complications is so nice.... but you gotta admit, falling in love is very exciting! I dig it!! Grin

Hey so I started to learn to play the guitar on sunday! Waaaahhh, sorta learning three decent chords, and i'll move from there. Its very exciting!!!

~C

Thanks to QweenB and MasBYUgal for the Awesome Sig!
IM me! Anytime!
'Ditto'
Courtney1983
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 69

Back and better than ever!

View Profile
« Reply #2042 on: July 17, 2007, 05:38:52 pm »

So....everyone's wondered where I've been, right?

(It's okay if you didn't...or if you don't even remember me. Lmao)

Oh jeez, I am asking my self where I've been lately? I'm stuck in one of those times when days just pass because thats how the world works. I don't remember half of what I've done in the past month. My sisters best friend was killed on the weekend, so I've been stuck in a surreal phase of going to the funeral and grasping the fact that shes not around. Death is always such a weird thing to be confronted with. Hmm, I'm come to this board and make tons of happy conversation, eh? Lmao!

Besides that, I've just been work work work...and no play. It's kind of depressing. The one time I got to go to the beach and relax, I stayed out too long and had a heat stroke.  Cheesy I'm lucky that way.

But I got my postcard pal letter and was totally renewed to write on here...and then I saw some witty dialogue..and after a bunch of squinting and vague rememberance...I exclaimed "It's Belinda!!" And, then...much to my surprise...the reply was from none other than Chris!! Woo hoo! lol. Start e-slapping me if I don't reply as often, I hate not being around...I need this place to keep me from losing myself. Wink

~Cody  Wink

Bs FAN CLUB!
Pri is my long lost sister!
Honourary South African!
Byder
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 114

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2043 on: July 18, 2007, 02:36:58 am »

Hey Court!!!! YAY!!!! Grin

Nice to see ya around, hun!!! I have only recently gotten back into the swing of the ORG lately! Been slacking myself...

Wow, I am really sorry to hear about your sisters best friend! Thats horrible!!! Cry What happened?!

We have all been working like slaves.... so welcome to the world of us worker bees! Not cool!

Oh, and an update to me post of yesterday, about falling in love being very exciting! Which it is! TOTALLY!!! Falling outta love is not cool! NOT COOOOOL!!! Yeah thats me, big fat discussion last night (with the girl in question!) and basically we make a call that leaves us both heart broken!!! HEART BROKEN!!! Aaargh!!!

Otherwise, rock on, and don't work too hard now!!!

~C

Thanks to QweenB and MasBYUgal for the Awesome Sig!
IM me! Anytime!
'Ditto'
neverapuff
Town Resident

Community Points: 59

Want a personalized GG quilt? PM me, I'm Rachael!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2044 on: July 18, 2007, 07:01:54 am »

I'm so sorry to hear about Miranda's friend also.... I have lost friends, too, its sooo hard  Cry Cry  They always live on in your heart though, I think of my friends all the time, like right now Smiley

And the love thing..whew, ugh- tricky.... Sorry about C's heartache: ((HUGS)) That sucks too... But falling IN love feels so good, and warm, and that rushing, butterfly, first chemistry feeling is so exciting that there is that to think about Smiley

Visit www.savethelorelais.org to keep fighting!

Thank you SKFTEX for making this sig!
conradv
Diner Owner

Community Points: 318

"I'll do the Chicken Dance on my Lunch Break."

View Profile
« Reply #2045 on: July 19, 2007, 11:01:33 am »

I severely sprained my ankle and am wearing one of these:

Worst sprain I've ever had - they said it'll take at least 4 weeks to heal.

And oh, the pain.  Worse than when I broke it.

The story?

This last Monday morning, I was putting my dogs in their kennel before my trip over here (to Montana) to work.  My retrievers were heading for the gate and I had my son's beagle on her leash, kind of "jogging" across the yard when I hit a hole with my full weight and went down.  I scrambled across some gravel to grab the leash so the beagle wouldn't take off across the field.

It hurt.

I figured it'd get better like when I had sprained it before.

I lasted until this morning when I finally went in to the doctor.  The boot actually helps.  Luckily, I can work from my motel room and ice it off and on throughout the day.

It doesn't want to bend up and down at all without sharp pains.  And I mean knee-buckler pains...

Cry

(Thanks Melissa for the sig)
Fantasy
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 141

View Profile
« Reply #2046 on: July 19, 2007, 04:01:26 pm »

Conrad--Aww! Here is a feel better hug! *Hug* That really sucks. But at least the dog didn't run away. But it IS a pretty hott looking bootie.  Wink

Thats about all I have to say here..soo I'm out. To go see Harry Potter. And the boy I like will be there. And my dad. Ugh. Anywho, thats better suited for the Girl Talk topic.  Wink

Hugs all around.
Sarah

Take my hand and drag me head first, fearless.
neverapuff
Town Resident

Community Points: 59

Want a personalized GG quilt? PM me, I'm Rachael!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2047 on: July 19, 2007, 06:55:11 pm »

((HUGS)) to conrad... I've been wondering where you've been! The big OUCH in your sig is quite ironic now, huh? I wish LG could make it all better for you Wink... And thank goodness its not winter, or that cumbersome boot thing would be even worse... although in the heat it doesn't seem that comfy either...

Visit www.savethelorelais.org to keep fighting!

Thank you SKFTEX for making this sig!
conradv
Diner Owner

Community Points: 318

"I'll do the Chicken Dance on my Lunch Break."

View Profile
« Reply #2048 on: July 19, 2007, 07:22:57 pm »

Sarah - Thanks, I could use the hugs.  Not a very "manly" injury, falling in a hole and wiping out my ankle....

Rachael - I could only wish that LG could "make it all better".....

lol

(Thanks Melissa for the sig)
indiecoffee
« Reply #2049 on: July 20, 2007, 04:38:06 am »

I dont' know, it sounds manly to me.  You just have to tweak it a bit...let's see...you were chased by a pack of dogs across a field when you saw a hole and jumped in for cover.  As you jumped, you did one of those ninja rolls and sprained it.  The dogs were thrown off of your trail, so you went to a motel in the badlands of Montana to lay low until the heat died down.  There, that's a bit more manly for you! 

So what has been going on here?  I just took my first sips of coffee, and I must say, this morning's batch is especially good!  I am cornfused...my girlfriend is getting her master's degree this weekend and I want to do something special for her, get her something special.  We go out to eat quite a bit, so that is not really too exciting.  Any ideas??
wmushell
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 950

View Profile
« Reply #2050 on: July 20, 2007, 06:28:02 am »

Poor conrad!!!!  I hope it heals quickly!   Undecided  Hee hee and I would definitely use indiecoffee's story - that's a good one!   Cheesy  However, it is also a cool story that you put the well-being of the dog before yourself - that's actually very manly!   Wink Nod

Hmmm ... graduation gifts -- well, when I got my master's degree my boyfriend at the time bought me a telescope!  I loved it and it actually turned out to be fairly romantic because we would spend evenings star-gazing and it was fun.  He's gone -- but I still have my telescope!   Cool
« Last Edit: July 20, 2007, 06:29:16 am by wmushell » Logged

gg4life07
Town Resident

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #2051 on: July 22, 2007, 05:32:21 pm »

i convinced my bf to join! gg guys rock!

*image made by Sharon aka skftex

~mom you've already given me everything i need~
indiecoffee
« Reply #2052 on: July 23, 2007, 04:37:43 am »

hooray, another guy!

Well, I got my girlfriend some trinkets, some music, etc.  I took her out to dinner and also gave her a backrub as a stress relief thing for finally being finished with school.  We hung out this weekend and had fun, but there is not a whole lot in her town that we have not done already.  Its the same town that DOYLE is from in the Gilmore Girls.  Any guesses?  He does not come right out and say it, but he does mention it in a roundabout way!  There is also a VERY funny parady song of this town floating around in the internet.  Its spot-on in terms of things to do in this said town!  Haha, nothing like some trivia to get your minds going in the morning!  If you guess it correctly, I will give you an e-hug!
wmushell
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 950

View Profile
« Reply #2053 on: July 23, 2007, 11:46:08 pm »

What did your g-friend get her Master's in Rupe?? 

Oh -- Muncie!  Doyle worked for the Muncie Messenger during the summer!  Nod   Smiley

logavsky
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #2054 on: July 24, 2007, 02:26:03 am »

I have been a fan ever since the show began in 2000. When Rory was a senior trying to get into Harvard, I was a senior trying to get into Berkeley and UCLA. When she was entering college, I was entering college. I went through the whole drama with the character Rory. This is ONE of the MANY reasons I like the show.

Another reason I like the show is because of the pop-cultural references. Sometimes I give myself props for knowing who or what they are talking about. Other times, it makes me wonder what they are talking about and I research it. This show makes you think. It's not at the level of medical terminology, but many of the references and conversations in the show reveal much about life and its dilemmas.

The episode where Rory attempts to ace the test on Shakespeare but arrives late and is unable to take the test is the episode I have watched the most. There are several reasons why I watch this episode.

First of all, it inspires me. Rory gets a "D" in her paper thinking she'd impressed her teacher. Happens to me also. Staying up all night studying. Happens to me as well. Having competitive peers in school who want you to go down. Happened to me too.

The second episode I watch the most is when Rory wants to find her "place" to study sitting at the bottom of the tree. As a student, I can understand it.

These are real life situations that this show provides and allows others to connect.

One of my favorite seasons is when Jess was in Stars Hallow. He made me angry because I wanted to be like him, but never had the guts to.

There are many more reasons, but I'll leave you guys with that.
Pages: 1 ... 135 136 [137] 138 139 ... 174
  Print  

Jump to: