GilmoreGirls.org Forum
January 22, 2022, 09:35:20 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219
  Print  
Author Topic: Gilmore Girls Australia - Cause we are waiting!  (Read 648494 times)
ImAGilmoreGirl
Official Gilmore Girl

Community Points: 1248

P!nk concert; a night to remember.

View Profile
« Reply #3255 on: December 28, 2008, 01:38:03 pm »

This is the FINAL reminder to all our members.... voting closes for the 3rd Annual Nominations at 8pm

Please visit the Nominations Page & make sure you send your nominations to Mary (dancer1012)

NOMINATIONS CLOSE at 8PM PACIFIC TIME.

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than fucKin perfect, pretty pretty please if you ever ever feel like you're nothing; you're fucKin perfect to me ♥

Zachery Walker born 12.10.10
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 648

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3256 on: February 08, 2009, 05:51:56 pm »

How are our Aussie friends doing? 

There's quite a bit of news (in the States) covering your brushfires.  My thoughts are with you.   Hearts

~Heidi

Flame    Flame
ImAGilmoreGirl
Official Gilmore Girl

View Profile
« Reply #3257 on: February 08, 2009, 10:39:47 pm »

Thanks for your concern Heidi..
I'm pretty sure Kupo & I are the closest to these fires out of our aussie members.

Apparently 35 people were killed in a matter of 24 hours. [i'm always at work when it's on the news, so i don't know much about it]

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2009/01/31/2479125.htm <-- more info here!

I'm pretty sure they are starting up a charity or something for the people and their losses. Smiley

Pretty pretty please don't you ever ever feel like you're less than fucKin perfect, pretty pretty please if you ever ever feel like you're nothing; you're fucKin perfect to me ♥

Kupo
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 242

Special K

View Profile
« Reply #3258 on: February 08, 2009, 10:47:12 pm »

Apparently the death toll is up to 128 people.

Sad

Sig made by me, 'cause I'm awesome and unique!
ImAGilmoreGirl
Official Gilmore Girl

View Profile
« Reply #3259 on: February 08, 2009, 10:52:48 pm »

Sad

it was just on the news it's risen to 141.

honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1944

View Profile
« Reply #3260 on: February 08, 2009, 11:56:50 pm »

I'm pretty sure Kupo & I are the closest to these fires out of our aussie members.

Aren't you guys in Queensland?  Pretty sure those of us members that live in Victoria might be closer hun. Tongue

It's just such a devastatingly tragic time for all those that are involved and have lost their loved ones and their entire lives.  And as I mentioned the other day to other members, made all the more bizarre because whilst Victoria has just experienced its blackest day in history fire-wise, a big chunk of Queensland is under water and suffering the opposite devastation due to floods.  I know I keep mentioning it, but again I say Mother Nature seems a tad pissed off I think.

For our family, whilst a few hours away and not directly affected by the fires, we are very sad. One of the towns that has competely burned to the ground (Marysville) is a place that we go and stay at every year for at least a weekend.  It's a tiny town but so beautiful and it's been a very humbling experience hearing of the town's fate.  Makes me all the more thankful and less likely to bitch about my life at times like these.

Here are some photos of the area we took about two years ago in May.  I have some from last year somewhere, but I cant seem to track them down at the moment.

The most modern of the buildings in town. This is where we ate lunch that day.

And this is the devine dessert that my son Jackson and I shared (it was Mother's Day so he was obligated to share with me!!)

The main street of the town, which as I understand doesn't exist anymore

The local waterfalls

And during the winter there is a great place to take the kids for a play in the snow.  As I said, the town holds a special place in our hearts and I feel for all those that lost everything there and also for all the other towns affected.

Sad

it was just on the news it's risen to 141.

Sadly I think this will get higher as they still haven't been able to get back and search all properties yet, plus there are still some towns in threat over the next few days.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2009, 01:55:06 pm by honkifuluvGG » Logged

Please read Forum Rules
ImAGilmoreGirl
Official Gilmore Girl

View Profile
« Reply #3261 on: February 09, 2009, 04:48:53 am »

Aren't you guys in Queensland?  Pretty sure those of us members that live in Victoria might be closer hun. Tongue

Hahaha... i just realized that.. sorry hun. Grin
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 04:51:42 am by ImAGilmoreGirl » Logged

honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

View Profile
« Reply #3262 on: February 09, 2009, 05:04:01 pm »

LOL - no need to apologise.  Just thought you might have forgotten about us "mexican" members. Grin

Sadly the toll is almost at 200 lives lost now with more expected.  And new areas are in threat as winds have picked up and made conditions critical again Cry

Please read Forum Rules
ImAGilmoreGirl
Official Gilmore Girl

View Profile
« Reply #3263 on: February 09, 2009, 05:10:41 pm »

LOL - no need to apologise.  Just thought you might have forgotten about us "mexican" members. Grin

Sadly the toll is almost at 200 lives lost now with more expected.  And new areas are in threat as winds have picked up and made conditions critical again Cry

I did, i forgot about you crazy mexicans lmao. Grin

i can't believe how much the death toll is going up; are the fires getting worse or something? (as mentioned in my previous post, i haven't had time to watch the news due to work)

honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

View Profile
« Reply #3264 on: February 09, 2009, 05:27:05 pm »

There are still something like 24 fires burning that they are trying to contain and the weather (high winds etc.) is making it difficult.  So no end in sight at the moment.

Please read Forum Rules
SkiesOfBlue
Town Resident

Community Points: 14

View Profile
« Reply #3265 on: February 09, 2009, 05:34:37 pm »

I'm glad all of the Aussie members are safe.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2009, 07:14:49 pm by SkiesOfBlue » Logged

*Clare*
Setrix
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 64

View Profile
« Reply #3266 on: February 09, 2009, 11:23:35 pm »

Sad

talkingfriend
Inn Manager

Community Points: 341

Thanks Fanny!

View Profile
« Reply #3267 on: February 10, 2009, 02:26:02 am »

My dearest Aussies,

i am thinking of you all and am glad you are safe

i am also thinking about all those poor victims. (including animals)
I have a friend in Victoria, that i stayed with for 6 weeks last year. The closest fire to her is about 90 minutes away. she says she is fine for "now".

I never went to Marysville, but i went to Healesville, close by
it is tragic to hear about what happened.

xx m.

Gigi fan + narco + java junkie + spree + pts at Hearts + photography nerd + Austrian + British = marlies
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

View Profile
« Reply #3268 on: February 10, 2009, 01:11:15 pm »

I never went to Marysville, but i went to Healesville, close by
it is tragic to hear about what happened.

xx m.

Thanks for all the kind thoughts Org'ers. 

Marlies:  As of late yesterday afternoon, even Healesville was partially under threat.  I'm not sure how things have gone overnight, but I'm hoping that firefighters were able to contain and prevent any damage there.  Especially peoples homes and the wildlife sanctuary.

Please read Forum Rules
kamibeaR
Diner Chef

Community Points: 452

Elphaba, Elphie, Fabala, Fae

View Profile
« Reply #3269 on: February 10, 2009, 01:21:32 pm »

I am also here to pay my repescts for these tragic fires going on in Australia. I know how scary it is since California also suffers from horrible brushfires during the fall season (just happened in November), but I'm in shock reading what's going on down there. The death toll and entire towns being destroyed? Sad It's all very sad and I hope things get under control. I'm blessed our Aussies are safe and this disaster in my thoughts. It's hard to keep up on it, because of how depressing it is to read.

*Kami*

"You know black, is this years pink!"

Sig by Laura.

Hearts Wicked and Twilight
Honourary Aussie
SPREE
Java Junkie
Narco/Headliner
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219
  Print  

Jump to: