GilmoreGirls.org Forum
November 27, 2021, 07:22:24 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 219
  Print  
Author Topic: Gilmore Girls Australia - Cause we are waiting!  (Read 624458 times)
rorys lil angel
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #2790 on: June 18, 2007, 03:27:16 am »

hey guys and Gals!! How r we all? Well Im an aussie Blokette live in NSW and am a HUGE GG fan!! Would love to meet and tlk to other Aussie GG fans!! Add me 2 [email protected]
Love Belle xoxox

brisbane4124
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 3

View Profile
« Reply #2791 on: June 22, 2007, 02:51:37 am »

I was just wondering what episode everyone was you up to on free to air?
Do you watch 9 or Win? Win in Victoria just showed ep-19 from season 5 last Sunday and I know we are out of sinc with what 9 are playing and maybe even what Win is playing in NSW and QLD Im just wondering how far behind everyone is, Im sure its only a couple of episodes, I know just a week or so ago due to NRL commitments for the past few Sundays our WIN viewers in some parts of NSW only just got to see 5.13 - Wedding Bell Blues

Up here in Queensland, if we waited on Channel 9 to air the Gilmore Girls, our drought might well be over.  So thank heavens for Cable TV.  Seen all of Season 5, then we jumped back to Season 3 and have just started into Season 4, as it screens every week night (once at 6pm, then again 2 hours later on another channel, and again at midday the next day.  So there are options.
brisbane4124
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2792 on: June 22, 2007, 02:56:58 am »

I went and saw Pink on Friday night at the Brisbane Entertainment Centre! I didn't know I was going until about 4:30 Friday arvo! My friend's brother did the lighting for it so we all got in free Grin It was such and awesome concert Grin

Me too! Same location but on May 25th, in the mosh pit?  Only all us 'hens' were moshing a bit harder than the younger chicks.  That's what happens when you let Mums of toddlers out for the night.  It's a sanity check and what better way than letting off some steam to PINK.  She seems like a woman who 'vents' through her songs?  Just sad it ended so soon and the wait was so painfully long.  But would do it all over again.
MasBYUgal
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 595

Org Awards : Best Sig Creator '06 & '07

View Profile
« Reply #2793 on: June 27, 2007, 08:05:28 am »

Welcome to Aussieland rorys lil angel!   I'm not the official Aussie crew here, but I'm fondly referred to as an honourary Aussie.  I've been hoping that they'd jump into the ring to say hi first, but apparently they are too busy rooting for their home team!  Wink   Grin  (Yes I know that'll deserve a dirty, but I JUST had to throw it in!)

Where are you guys?  If I don't hear from ya, I'll just fill it in myself soon ...

I'm Melissa.

Just say, "Yes, M.A.M.M. !"
/Member of Queen B
murfinator
Inn Manager

Community Points: 211

Australian Fan who is "all in" :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2794 on: June 28, 2007, 12:35:04 am »

hey guys and Gals!! How r we all? Well Im an aussie Blokette live in NSW and am a HUGE GG fan!! Would love to meet and tlk to other Aussie GG fans!! Add me 2 [email protected]
Love Belle xoxox

Hey belle! welcome! hope you have fun around here!

I am a Java Junkie
F.A.I.T.H

Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #2795 on: June 28, 2007, 11:21:59 pm »

Hello my Aussie friends!!!

I'm bringing this over from Heidi's soapbox thread because I didn't want to hijack that thread and get it all off-topic more than it was. But, I wanted to know more...because I'm so fascinated with other cultures an countries...

What are your favorite 'aussie' catch phrases or words that you use? Which ones do you feel are specific to you that other countries or cultures may not use? It's a hard one. I don't think I'd be able to pick out ones for us. It would take some thinking for sure! But, I'm just curious! I think we may have begun talking about this way back in this thread. I just had to ask again since it was brought up recently. I'm eager to learn and looking forward to your thoughts! How excitment! Wink

I hope that you're all doing well and having a great week! It's almost the weekend (even closer for you than for I) and can't wait for it! We're celebrating independance day next week! It's a holiday so I'm excited! Can't complain about those holidays, especially ones that you don't have to work on! haha Tongue

Thanks for putting up with me and all my random questions! You're all amazing!!!

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
brisbane4124
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #2796 on: July 05, 2007, 04:00:38 am »

Hi Sooks
for some reason there is/was a catch phrase that went something like this 'put another shrimp on the Barbe mate!'
First of all depending on who it is we are speaking to, we do not refer to ALL as Mate, but other colourful words come to mind. Secondly we don't say SHRIMP, we call them PRAWNS
MasBYUgal
Inn Concierge

View Profile
« Reply #2797 on: July 06, 2007, 09:07:54 am »

Hey Aussie friends where are you all?  I know it's not summer down there, so that can't be the excuse.  However, know I have an idea ... I found this article that might explain that you're all working and 'rooting for the home team', I know how industrious you are and  how much you'd love to win $1000 Aussie dollars, plus "professional prestige"/ http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,288395,00.html

LOL!  Enjoy all!  Smiley

I'm Melissa.

/Member of Queen B
Stephanie
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 154

I'm trying to think up something witty...

View Profile
« Reply #2798 on: July 07, 2007, 09:25:52 pm »

I'm back! Miss me? I came on a few weeks ago and saw 'where the hell is Steph?'  Cheesy but had exams and jumped off, I figured there was no 'Is Steph sick?' or 'Did Steph's books finally beat her up and she is in a coma?' or 'Did Steph run away with the circus?' so I thought it was safe to return a little later.

First and foremost  STEPH - where the hell are you?  Are you okay?  Are you dead (if so please do not answer, I don't think I could cope with a visit from the afterlife)?  Are you studying so hard that you forgot all about us.  Or, more excitedly, did you hook up with mystery guy?  Because at this point that is the only excuse that is going to even remotely satisfy your lack of presence around here.  B and I have been living vicariously through your mystery guys, so come share with us hun!!

#1.  I think Stephanie does have a hot guy!  That would be the only reason anyone would neglect the ORG lovelies such as all of us!   Wink

Firstly I am okay  Cheesy nothing is wrong, I did get extremely bogged down with uni and that was the initial departure then I spent some time looking for a job whilst juggling uni then I got a job (just a little tutoring gig at an education centre - I hate kids BTW) then I had exams and I have been off for a week...finally today I can settle down, I have been all over the place, thanking god I drank a whole heap of water with my copious amounts of alcohol consumption last night (21st's - what can you do  Wink) and here I am...gilmore girls about to start in 45 minutes. So I am sorry but I have been very busy.

And people please! It is mystery men. Men! Plural!  Cheesy I quickly got bored with the mystery guy because I the hottie in my anatomy tute/prac and applied anatomy tute/prac caught my attention with his quick wit, genuine smarts and good looks...and we all get along in antomy so we have had many interesting converstaions about the human body (dirty!). It has been a good semester - busy, but I loved my subjects and I think I did quite well (can I get a booyah for my full mark cancer essay for immunology), what can I say...quite a social semester, including me deciding to get over an old flame (it has been way too long)...saw him last night - sexy boy that one and my heart fluttered for a while but it just would never work and bla bla bla boring boring boring it just is time I think  :Smiley Grin.

Best go, catch you guys later.

EDIT: Just went to Mel's link...dammit! You got me! That is exactly what I have been doing  Cheesy.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2007, 09:28:25 pm by Stephanie » Logged

Cheer cheer, Yell yell
Who cares who wins
'Cause we're all going to hell.
~Jane from Daria
MasBYUgal
Inn Concierge

View Profile
« Reply #2799 on: July 09, 2007, 08:41:16 am »

And people please! It is mystery men. Men! Plural!
Well you said it not me ... but we should have guessed.  I'm starting to think that some of your men have rambled over to B's resort(resort right, not a club?) and have been keeping her darn busy too!

(can I get a booyah for my full mark cancer essay for immunology),
Booyah!  Booyah!  Way to go ... I can't imagine immunology being easy at all ... well unless those mystery men have tutored you well!  Wink

what can I say...quite a social semester, including me deciding to get over an old flame (it has been way too long)...saw him last night - sexy boy that one and my heart fluttered for a while but it just would never work and bla bla bla boring boring boring it just is time I think  :Smiley Grin.

Glad to hear that you're getting out and about, you can't just have your head in the books all day.  I'm sure he was quite tempted when he saw you too ... Wink 

EDIT: Just went to Mel's link...dammit! You got me! That is exactly what I have been doing  Cheesy.
Yeah someone finally caught it!  Know we all know what you're being social and new job means!  Wink  Sorry to hear about the poor kids though!  Wink   Shocked[/color]

I'm Melissa.

/Member of Queen B
Stephanie
Diner Waitress

View Profile
« Reply #2800 on: July 09, 2007, 08:46:05 pm »

No no the kids love me  Cheesy...I was joking they are quite cute - 5 and 6 ...see I am the one with the stickers, so they have to love me  Wink.

Immunology is a challenge but it is great, I had an excellent lecturer and lab instructor which helps - she made it fun and easy too. And it would be me tutoring them Melissa, lets get it right  Cheesy Wink Kiss.

Resort is right - B has class.  Cheesy

Tempted? Well there were wondering eyes, he is giving me a call and a drunken high five about old times  Cheesy. That was all confusing...because he has a girlfriend, who actually is very cool...but it is all under control.

Cheer cheer, Yell yell
Who cares who wins
~Jane from Daria
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1944

View Profile
« Reply #2801 on: July 10, 2007, 07:56:42 pm »

Well it has been forever since I've posted here....again.  I've kind of been in a posting lull of late and then spent a little time away from here due to some major moping after a death in the family.  But I'm back now with a definate need to not neglect the places I love to visit the most on here.

Stephanie:  OMG girl - you are back!!!!!  So good to hear from you and that all is going sooo well.  Many mystery men Smitten, top marks in exams High Five and a wonderful job testing condoms Shocked Cheesy Wink (hilarious article you found there btw Melissa).  What more can a girl ask for in life!!

We really need to talk, because in your absence B and I have had some major discussions about the status of our beloved thread and it's visitors here and we need to fill you in.  Don't be a stranger hun.......try and pop in a little more often.  If you do that, I promise to post more Nod

Melissa:   How are you beautiful mummy?  Hows that little bubs treating your uterus at the moment?  I hope you are feeling well and that you are getting in as much sleep as possible now......because you are going to need it hun!! Wink Kiss

Welcome to both Belle and Brisbane4124 - Sorry you both posted when our lovely little thread was experiencing a bit of a posting drought.  we are way more fun than that usually and will definately endeavour to gete it back to norm if you guys visit here more often.  You seriously won't find a better place anywhere else in cyberspace to discuss anything and everything, Gilmore related or otherwise.

Murf:  Hey there hun.  How are you?  It has been forever since we had a chat.  I've even been a total slacker on Pete's site lately, so I'm very out of the loop all around.  Have I missed anything?  Pink's concert sounded fantastic - great score on the tickets btw.

Mel:  You my angel, are such a great member in this community.  I love that you came all the way here with an Aussie related link from another thread in an attempt to get us off of our lazy asses - even though it would appear from our lack of response that it was in vain.  But please be assured it wasn't.  B and I are actually working on a fun little project for this thread and all it's visitors and to respond to your post with any actual direct meaning would take away from what we are about to unleash on you all, so......forgive us and know that you are much loved and appreciated hun.  Hope you are doing well and thanks for your little messages you sent me....much appreciated babe!

B:Hey hun.  Where are you?  You all packed and ready for your holiday yet?  I am finally back in the land of the living hun and thank you greatly for your kind words last week.  We really need to unleash our wicked plan on this thread and bring it back to livfe babe, so I'll PM you and we'll get that underway.  BTW, I was in your neck of the woods the other day and even took my Greys dvd with me as I was going to call you and say I'd drop it in......but my phone died and I lent my car charger to somebody and don't have it back yet......so I didn't have your number on me.  Sorry Embarrassed.  But I've now watched the whole season and you sooooo need to make sure you see it all hun.  Catch up soon....OK!!!!

Kami:  You so passed btw, however an official anouncement will be made very soon.  Just have a few more things to organise and we'll make everything official.

Shell: Don't have anything to actually respond to for you...but it didn't feel right not including you in my firstpost in forever.  So  Hearts love ya hun LOL.

Update on me:Well I have little of much significance to share with you all.  It's school holiday time here in Melbourne at the moment, so other than attending a family funeral and having major mopage over that...my life is kids, kids and more bloody kids.  We been to others houses, they've been here, we've been to play centres, and parks and god knows where else.  And every which way you turn......screaming kids (thankfully not mine heehee).  We haven't done much of anything too exciting though. 

We went to mini golf the other day which was hilarious.  Isn't it funny how the things that you think will bring joy to all, end up getting everybody uptight because the competitive spirit comes out.  My hubby and the kids were so full on I had to PMSL the whole time so I wouldn't cry.  Between hubby getting cut because he couldn't find the right angle to get a hole in one (on any hole) to his frustration at his six year old miraculously jagging it twice; too my hubby's utter disgust that upon finding it amusing that our 3 year old would just kick the ball around (because the stick thing is too hard mummy), or picking it up and placing it right next to the hole, his six year old felt he should be able to do the same.  I honestly didn't know whether to laugh or cry.  Yet in the end, who kicked butt?  That's right, yours truly.  being a bit of a maths geek, I find it quite easy to pick angles and was very consistent in my scores.  Girls Rock!!!!!!!!!

We also went rollerskating yesterday and that was also another day of amusement.  It was absolutely hilarious.  Ethan (3 year old) was over it in about 2 minutes which suited hubby perfectly because he has only ever ice skated and wasn't liking the wheels part either..LOL.  Jackson (6 year old) was very persistant, and after a good hour of being on his bum finally got the hang of it and had a blast.  And yours truly...... well I haven't rollerskated in about 18 years (yes that makes me very old if you are trying to guesstimate an age here) and I'm happy to say it was like riding a bike.  Didn't fall once and still was able to impress my boys with a few fancy moves :-).  I have come to the conclusion that my hubby is a big fat sore loser and unless he can excell at something right away.........well, can anybody say Major Brat!!  No wonder we get along so well. Grin

Well that's about all I can think of at the moment.   Sorry to bore you all to tears.  Forgive me.

Cheers
Caryn
xxx Kiss

Please read Forum Rules
Stephanie
Diner Waitress

View Profile
« Reply #2802 on: July 10, 2007, 09:53:20 pm »

Honk my girl: Ah...the joys of mini-golf! It starts out fun and ends in a bitter war between you and that freakin stick that isn't the right length!! And the crappy holes!! And the course is crap!! And shutup...just because you got a freaking fluke hole in one and have a stick that is the right size!!!  Cheesy Cheesy I love it - and hell yeah to the maths geeks!  Kiss
And rollerskating - I used to love going down to that old rink and whipping some moves out - good times.
Fill me fill me - what have you and B got?
Good to see you.

Melissa: Honk is right - get your rest now...even though bubs is pushing up on all your abdominal organs and up onto that diaphragm and you may feel like your lungs are about half their natural size...but still get some rest  Cheesy. You love it.

Well I played three games of netball last night and I am feeling it today...but I am young, the bruises will pass  Cheesy Me and my 18 year old brother are being complete holiday bums and trying our best to kick ass on 007 (playstation) - we have hit a stump but it's okay because he is going for the havn't shaved in days bit and I have decided to have a day pair and a night pair of  PJ pants so clearly we are on our way to nerd/bum/messy house mum will kill us 007 victory!  Cheesy

Later.

Cheer cheer, Yell yell
Who cares who wins
~Jane from Daria
QweenB
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 568

RIP Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #2803 on: July 10, 2007, 10:41:59 pm »

Stephanieeeeeeeeeee xxxxxxxxx
Carynnnnnnn xxxxxxxxx

Wow, its like a reunion in here! Sorry I have been MIA but my right hand woman has gone on holidays and my workload has again gotten beyond rondonculous! Cant say I have packed for my holiday yet but then it is still 22 days away so that would be a little pointless, besides I have slowly been building up a winter wardrobe on ebay for my Phillip Is trip. I have gotten two jackets, a woolen jumper and a woolen dress and then I have my reasonably new bomber jacket as well...ooh, I got a designer tracksuit on ebay too so when I am tramping around my apartment on my own I can do it in style! Heheh! What can I say, I am limited in the time I can shop offline.
Actually Caryn I was in your neck of the woods on Monday but I was with my family and my time was limited, I wonder if that was the day you were in my neck of the woods, lol.
Had another Ladies Day on Saturday which was a HUGE success (and I plan on taking that credit thank you!) and the funny part was when the MC asked me to draw a winner for the door prize from a hat and the winner was my mum...most expensive prize of the day too!!!
Well, things to do and then I must bail, got to get home and pick up my junior sibs to take them to see Harry Potter!

Cheers

B xxx

Courtney Fan!
Got me a hand full of Barbie!
Shut ya gob!
Ditto!
Honourary South Af
murfinator
Inn Manager

Community Points: 211

Australian Fan who is "all in" :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2804 on: July 11, 2007, 12:38:31 am »

Murf:  Hey there hun.  How are you?  It has been forever since we had a chat.  I've even been a total slacker on Pete's site lately, so I'm very out of the loop all around.  Have I missed anything?  Pink's concert sounded fantastic - great score on the tickets btw.

Hey Caryn! I'm pretty good thanks. How are you? Well the pete forum has been given a makeover. Unfortunately it's not for the better lol. You'll have to come and visit to see what I mean haha. oh and Pete's wife had another baby on Sunday! http://forums.petemurray.com/index.php?showtopic=4366&pid=179471&st=0&#entry179471
« Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 12:56:00 am by murfinator » Logged

I am a Java Junkie
F.A.I.T.H

Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 219
  Print  

Jump to: