GilmoreGirls.org Forum
November 27, 2021, 06:04:10 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 219
  Print  
Author Topic: Gilmore Girls Australia - Cause we are waiting!  (Read 624441 times)
wmushell
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 950

View Profile
« Reply #2820 on: July 27, 2007, 11:26:18 pm »

Honourary Aussie Status - The Lowdown
[/size][/color][/b]

We have taken the liberty of putting together four tasks. Each task requires five components to be completed. The trick is that you will only be able to see the task title.  You must choose your task from the title alone, and then contact either B or myself in order to receive your mission.  Upon completion of your mission, you must direct us to your completed task where we will then take the time to judge your response.  Disclaimer: Completing a task does not guarantee you will become an Honourary Aussie - Half Arsed entries may be declined. Honourary Aussie status is granted at the discretion of Caryn and Belinda.

A Picture's Worth a Thousand Words

Aussie Travels

Aussie Org Invasion

Im a poet and didnt know it

No Rhyme or Reason

Choose wisely.  Some tasks are easier than others.   But all will ensure that should you be successful, you will truly have learned a bit of Australian culture, and therefore feel safe in the knowledge that you truly are an Honourary Aussie.

Cheers
Caryn and Belinda

Honourary Aussies:
kamibeaR - task completed and approved

Hmmm ... you said four tasks and I'm counting five to choose from.  Is that some kind of funky Australian math, BFF??

Poor Edward!  I saw him come online a bit ago - I hope I didn't scare him away!  Come back, Edward!!!  I was just playing a little with my friends B and Caryn.

I have to say, girls, that Mel makes some good points!!!  I would also like to take this opportunity to say that we took some Aussie quizzes on Australia Day and passed with flying colors!  Plus, we're wonderful, loving, hilarious, charming, and kind visitors who always make relevant contributions to the thread.  Surely that must count for something!   Wink Kiss
« Last Edit: July 27, 2007, 11:33:48 pm by wmushell » Logged

trickyiu
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 337

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2821 on: July 27, 2007, 11:52:40 pm »

Well, Well, Well, looky what we have here  Shocked  I would like to say I have never posted in this thread before and tonight I just really wanted to come on over and spread some love and sunshine to two of my favorite gals (Caryn and B) and now I stumble across this  Cheesy  Wink  I know you two are both so excited to finally see me post here  Wink so I was thinking b/c it is my first post is there anyway I can get out of having to participate in this task??  I always thought I would be accepted with open arms into this thread.  I guess I will starting reading up on some Aussie facts and knowledge in the rare condition that you make me go through with this, lol!! 

Love you gals!  Kiss  I am going to bed now and will be thinking about which task I am going to choose.  You girls sure know how to keep us on our feet, just wait though because you are next!!! hehehe   Smiley
« Last Edit: July 27, 2007, 11:57:13 pm by trickyiu » Logged

Java Junkie always!  SSS, love to the sisters  Cool
Edward
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #2822 on: July 28, 2007, 01:52:22 am »

Poor Edward!  I saw him come online a bit ago - I hope I didn't scare him away!  Come back, Edward!!!  I was just playing a little with my friends B and Caryn.
I am still here, and reading this thread, wondering if there will be a minor rebellion against the new set of tasks. Smiley Ahh i remember this thread from long ago, and even on the pre-hacked forums, all you had to do was say "wow Australia is nice" and you were in.

mmm, this is defiantly a day for thinking.

honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1944

View Profile
« Reply #2823 on: July 28, 2007, 01:24:57 pm »

Heehee well it's not any Australian funky math Shell, just mine!! Embarrassed Cheesy.  I changed it to four because I couldn't come up with a fifth, and then upon doing so, forgot to change it. Tongue

And as to the outcry of hardship and rebellion that seems to have come in the face of this little rule change.  Hmmm well you are all most welcome to come and play here anytime you want, but to be called an honourary Aussie, well lets just say B and I thought that it was our duty to not just be ambassadors of the 'far away, place that sounds like it's really fun and cool', but we also felt the need to make sure that we were spreading some actual culture.

Geez I have more tosay, but my ride has just arrived.  It 6am here and I'm off to help my friend with her marker stall for the day.  I'll have ro finish this a little later.

Meanwhile, have fun chatting my lovely friends.   *psssst B, it's working!!!!  Look how busy our thread has become already Wink*

Caryn
xxx Kiss

Please read Forum Rules
kamibeaR
Diner Chef

Community Points: 452

Elphaba, Elphie, Fabala, Fae

View Profile
« Reply #2824 on: July 28, 2007, 02:06:26 pm »

Honourary Aussies:
kamibeaR - task completed and approved
Yes that would be me. Grin
Woot woot!

This is most interesting. I remember you (Caryn) mentioning that you two were going to put those that want to be Honourarys up for the similar task that I had. I wonder what all the other choices are like! Exciting! I must go and change my sig now and say that I am officicaly an Honourary Aussie. Yay!

Celebrate

BTW, hey yall. *waves* I haven't posted here in a long ass time!
« Last Edit: July 28, 2007, 02:08:01 pm by kamibeaR » Logged

*Kami*

"You know black, is this years pink!"

Sig by Laura.

Hearts Wicked and Twilight
Honourary Aussie
SPREE
Java Junkie
Narco/Headliner
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #2825 on: July 28, 2007, 09:28:28 pm »

Ahhh...so that was the plan, Caryn and B!! Tongue Not as much action happenin' over here - perhaps a little jealous of the Midwestern thread?! Hmmmm...? Wink

Alright, I've been in mood for the past few days I guess! I didn't mean to come down on your creative way to don honorary status to those who love you and the land down under so greatly! It was all in great jest and love that I gave you girls a little hard time! I knew that you'd get it and take it so well...you always do!

I'm still ready for my task...I can't wait to receive it! I hope that everyone in this 'happenin' thread is doing well and having a great great weekend! You ALL rock! Love ya Caryn and B...and all other Aussies and friends! Hearts Smiley

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
QweenB
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 568

RIP Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #2826 on: July 29, 2007, 12:20:06 am »

Look at you all! A bit of effort to be made and you all bitch and moan, lol.

Actually, the idea of the tasks wasnt to make the thread busy. Many weeks back Kami asked if she could be an honourary Aussie and the smart arse in me made her complete a task which she did in fabulous style. It was at this point we decided to scrap all original honourary Aussie status to make having honourary Aussie status something that people obtain through their efforts to learn about Aussie life. It just took us a while to come up with five tasks (each with five components...sorry, I had just watched V for Vendetta and read up on Guy Fawkes and I was looking for symetry, lol)

Cheers!!

B xxx

Courtney Fan!
Got me a hand full of Barbie!
Shut ya gob!
Ditto!
Honourary South Af
rorygilmoregirl93
Inn Manager

Community Points: 251

View Profile
« Reply #2827 on: July 29, 2007, 10:28:02 am »

Wow,I just realized that I haven't posted here in a while!
HOw're all you aussies?
Well,I just wanted to pop in and say hello and that I hope to stop by more (i'm afraid I might lose honourary status too!)
Have a great week.

QweenB
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 568

RIP Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #2828 on: July 29, 2007, 05:23:59 pm »

Wow,I just realized that I haven't posted here in a while!
HOw're all you aussies?
Well,I just wanted to pop in and say hello and that I hope to stop by more (i'm afraid I might lose honourary status too!)
Have a great week.

Hehe! PAY ATTENTION! YOU ALREADY LOST IT!!!!

PMSL!

B xxx

Courtney Fan!
Got me a hand full of Barbie!
Shut ya gob!
Ditto!
Honourary South Af
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

View Profile
« Reply #2829 on: July 29, 2007, 07:16:05 pm »

Ahhhh I got on quickly before I left for school drop off earlier and saw ali's post and thought the same thing myself.  Just didn't have time to post anything then.  And now I'm gald for that fact, because there is no way I could have said it with as much flare as that B.

I laughed aloud at your response hun.  Thanks for that.  Always nice to start the week with a laugh.  And thank you also for dishing out the task to Mel.  Had a very busy weekend and didn't get around to it. 

Let the fun begin!!!!!

Please read Forum Rules
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #2830 on: July 29, 2007, 07:51:45 pm »

Well let it be known that the task that was handed may not be completed anytime soon. I just looked at my schedule for next week and it is packed full!! I don't know when I'll get it done but have to get my creative juices flowin' I think! You two are very creative, I will say that! I'm glad that you ladies are having fun with this! Smiley And I hope there isn't a deadline! Wink Take care! ~M xox
« Last Edit: July 29, 2007, 07:53:19 pm by Sooks » Logged

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

View Profile
« Reply #2831 on: July 29, 2007, 08:02:23 pm »

Heeehee, well you take your time Mel.  I'm kinda shocked that you're doing it at all.  That was probably the hardest of the lot.  Most of the others can be done via the internet entirely.

If it was me that wasn't an Aussie and I'd been given these tasks for status ultimatums, I imagine I'd have played games for a few weeks first, post illegally without status and just being down right rebellious heehee.  But kudos to you for giving it a go hun.

Caryn
 Kiss

Please read Forum Rules
murfinator
Inn Manager

Community Points: 211

Australian Fan who is "all in" :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2832 on: July 29, 2007, 11:33:40 pm »

haha has anyone watched this before?

Pride and Prejudice Gilmore Girls Style - http://youtube.com/watch?v=Fnx9tssHta4

I am a Java Junkie
F.A.I.T.H

honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

View Profile
« Reply #2833 on: July 30, 2007, 07:41:27 pm »

Hey murf - that is one of the funniest things I've ever seen.  What a great creative mind that video make has lol.

I wonder what B's impression of it is?  She is a lover of all period drama's and GG, but is it sacrilege to combine the two in such a fashion? Undecided  Heehee     Me thinks not!!!!!!!!!

Can I also just say how bizarre it is to turn on the TV on a Sunday afternoon and catch episodes of GG.  For so long with the buying the dvds and coming to the net for all things Gilmore, and now I just find it very odd and almost insulting that this is the airtime that they give it!  It just feels wrong.  Sorry random thought Cheesy

Please read Forum Rules
gilmores_4ever82
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #2834 on: July 30, 2007, 08:17:22 pm »

Great i'm happy there's an aussie thread can i please be added to the list i'm Pam Vic

*I'm in love with the gilmores*
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 219
  Print  

Jump to: