GilmoreGirls.org Forum
November 27, 2021, 06:02:47 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 219
  Print  
Author Topic: Gilmore Girls Australia - Cause we are waiting!  (Read 624439 times)
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1944

View Profile
« Reply #2805 on: July 11, 2007, 06:22:22 am »

Hey Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee xxxxxxxxx  Spewin' I missed ya!  Sounds like work is a real handful at the moment and that your upcoming holiday will be very welcome.  I've just got back from Harry Potter also and absolutely loved it!!!!!!!!   Dan Radcliffe did an excellent job as did the whole cast and it has me so excited that I couldn't come home and just go to bed.  I felt the need to come and share it with somebody......even if it was just the empty Aussie thread.  Can't wait for the 21st of July now.  I need a new fix!!

Hey murf.  After I typed that last message to you I thought I'd stop by and make an appearance, so I was already aware of both of those bits of news.  I agree the makeover is definately not for the best....so much harder to read I think.  And well Pete's new bub......I'm happy for them.  Still think he should be creating offspring with me, but I guess I'll have to just be happy for them instead Cheesy.  I wonder what his name will be - can't wait to find out!!

Cheers
Caryn
xxx Kiss
« Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 04:33:45 pm by honkifuluvGG » Logged

Please read Forum Rules
wmushell
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 950

View Profile
« Reply #2806 on: July 11, 2007, 01:43:04 pm »

Yay, the Aussie thread lives!   Smiley  I'm so happy!   Nod   Kiss

Caryn - I'm so glad, sweets, that you had fun on your hot date last night!  Sounds like the movie was just what the doctor ordered, especially since it is something you love -- I'm also happy you get more Harry Potter fix on July 21st!!!  Life is good (LG = Lauren Graham  Wink).  I love ya too, hun.  Oh, am watching the next four epis of Buffy and will PM you about them soon.  Loved that I got to have a catch-up with you yesterday as I missed you tons.   Kiss

B - Read about your planned holiday in another thread and it sounds very relaxing and lovely - you deserve it!   Did you enjoy Harry Potter as well?  Can't wait to hear your review.  Kiss  Hee hee, and I could tell you were jealous that I got to hang out in person with Amy and are wishing you could meet me in person too!    Cheesy Kiss  I love that your mum won a prize and Ladies Day and that it was a successful -- Good on you!

Stephanie - Yay!  You are back!   Kiss  I am so, so happy to see you because I was concerned that you were gone forever!   Cry  Ahhh, now I'm happy.  Being the bearer of stickers is the perfect way to earn the love of 5 and 6 year olds!   Cheesy  Oh, I meant to tell you -- since you have Daria in your sig -- I have finally found that hilarious show on dvd and I am soooo excited ... should receive it in the mail in a few days and cannot wait as I have missed that show terribly. 

Murf - Hey, great news about Pete's baby hey!  I am now the proud owner of a Pete cd (thanks Caryn!  Kiss) and I love it and it is currently in my cd player at the moment.  See - I'm falling under his spell! Star

Melissa - Wow!  That link was absolutely hilarious!   Really good job finding that.  Nod  I'm so excited it is almost time for your baby to come - but will write more about that in the Midwest thread a little later.

Mel - *speaks in a whisper* Psssssst!  Over here!  I now have help concerning Aussie slang!!!  Wink

Speaking of which -- I have mentioned this in another thread but now am excited to mention it here as the Aussie thread is alive and kicking again.  A couple of weeks ago I was the luckiest girl ever because I received a package full of Aussie goodies, including (but not limited to) some amazing Australian children's books.  These serve the best of purposes for me because in September (when I head back to school) I am hoping to implement a pen pal project with Caryn's son Jackson's class!!!  I think it would be an amazing experience for my students to learn about your lovely country and it will also be good for them to have to explain our country, state, culture as well.  I am so excited!  Celebrate  These fun projects are truly the reason I chose my career as an educator!  Nod

« Last Edit: July 11, 2007, 01:49:09 pm by wmushell » Logged

murfinator
Inn Manager

Community Points: 211

Australian Fan who is "all in" :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2807 on: July 11, 2007, 11:15:10 pm »

Murf - Hey, great news about Pete's baby hey!  I am now the proud owner of a Pete cd (thanks Caryn!  Kiss) and I love it and it is currently in my cd player at the moment.  See - I'm falling under his spell! Star

Awesome! Glad to know that Caryn's doing a good job recommending pete to everyone! Grin

I am a Java Junkie
F.A.I.T.H

Stephanie
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 154

I'm trying to think up something witty...

View Profile
« Reply #2808 on: July 13, 2007, 11:48:59 pm »

Stephanie - Yay!  You are back!   Kiss  I am so, so happy to see you because I was concerned that you were gone forever!   Cry  Ahhh, now I'm happy.  Being the bearer of stickers is the perfect way to earn the love of 5 and 6 year olds!   Cheesy  Oh, I meant to tell you -- since you have Daria in your sig -- I have finally found that hilarious show on dvd and I am soooo excited ... should receive it in the mail in a few days and cannot wait as I have missed that show terribly. 

Speaking of which -- I have mentioned this in another thread but now am excited to mention it here as the Aussie thread is alive and kicking again.  A couple of weeks ago I was the luckiest girl ever because I received a package full of Aussie goodies, including (but not limited to) some amazing Australian children's books.  These serve the best of purposes for me because in September (when I head back to school) I am hoping to implement a pen pal project with Caryn's son Jackson's class!!!  I think it would be an amazing experience for my students to learn about your lovely country and it will also be good for them to have to explain our country, state, culture as well.  I am so excited!  Celebrate  These fun projects are truly the reason I chose my career as an educator!  Nod
Me gone forever? Haha that's so funny...no just got very busy. Ah the joys of Daria and her social outcast ways, good bloody times!  Grin Enjoy my friend. Yes stickers are great bribes with little tiny people and their reading, writing and arithmetic ways.

So when you say it will be a good way for your class to learn about their own culture, you mean it will be a great way for them to be like 'Australia is so cool, we should be cool like Australia'  Wink Cheesy.

Beeeeeeeeeeeee!! You are a busy little one arn't you? Good to see - no rest for us wicked I say! Hey where are you headed on your trip in 22 days? Is it Phillip Is or some other place...and will you be seeking some sexy holiday lover? Or is it B power all the way?  Wink Kiss

Went to the movies yesterday, saw Knocked Up - it was hillarious...with heart. Just been relaxing, worked a bit, cleaned my room...I'm sure I did something else but I can't remember - isn't it weird when that happens?
See ya.

Cheer cheer, Yell yell
Who cares who wins
'Cause we're all going to hell.
~Jane from Daria
Haylz
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: -2

View Profile
« Reply #2809 on: July 14, 2007, 03:07:00 am »

And when gilmore girls is actually on tv it is on arena and they keep getting to season 5 and then starting from the beginning again!
Stephanie
Diner Waitress

View Profile
« Reply #2810 on: July 16, 2007, 11:04:18 pm »

Where the double frick is everyone?? Don't you want to celebrate my 93 (yes, extreme high distinction) in immunology? That's right - I bloody killed it baby!  Grin Cheesy So I must be like one of the best immunologists in Australia, in the world!, for my year right?  Cheesy Wink Oh we are so taking over the globe girls... Tongue

Cheer cheer, Yell yell
Who cares who wins
~Jane from Daria
QweenB
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 568

RIP Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #2811 on: July 17, 2007, 02:39:45 am »

Steph xxxxxx (or should I say Elliot??? Double Frick yourself smart arse)

Congratulations on your 93 hun!!!! Caryn and I are gonna live the good life when we get to live off of you! Hehe.

Yeh I have been crazy busy at work and it is driving me back to my mental self, I sometimes think I subconciously enjoy the busy times because I get to bitch and moan and I dont get bored...im not funny without my cynisism!

Phillip Island is a little island off Victoria...so small and so close to the mainland that it is connected by bridge. I am going to go fishing and watch the penguin parade and get massages and watch movies and cook...I wont know myself in the end!

Ohh, I need some contact details for you, an email address or SOMETHING because Caryn and I get worried when you disappear! PM me Smiley

B xxx

Courtney Fan!
Got me a hand full of Barbie!
Shut ya gob!
Ditto!
Honourary South Af
Stephanie
Diner Waitress

View Profile
« Reply #2812 on: July 18, 2007, 08:01:59 pm »

I think secretly we all like to bitch and moan - makes us feel superior to everyone else.  Grin
That sounds like a lovely little getaway for you, except the cooking (because with cooking you get dishes and dishes freaking suck). But I lie, I like to cook every now and again, grilled halumi with lemon, chilli and garlic prawns, brownies, grand sandwiches...damn now I am hungry.

Oh of course you watch Scrubs! Love it.  Cheesy

Cheer cheer, Yell yell
Who cares who wins
~Jane from Daria
murfinator
Inn Manager

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2813 on: July 18, 2007, 11:23:11 pm »

ooh i LOVE grilled haloumi!!

I am a Java Junkie
F.A.I.T.H

QweenB
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 568

RIP Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #2814 on: July 19, 2007, 03:45:22 pm »

Hey girlies!!

I thought haloumi was a big secret! I love grilled haloumi with lemon...yummy yummy! I dont mind cooking now that I am getting a bit more creative - watching the food channel was a really smart idea Smiley

Steph, got your PM and I am excited to hassle you at uni, lol.

B xxx

Courtney Fan!
Got me a hand full of Barbie!
Shut ya gob!
Ditto!
Honourary South Af
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1944

View Profile
« Reply #2815 on: July 27, 2007, 01:40:45 am »

Heehee  I am also a lover of Haloumi.  Looks like its the in thing at the moment gals.

Okay so I've been holding off for oh so long, trying to get this post just right.  But then reality set in and I realised that I just don't have it that together so here is the slapshot version of what I've been meaning to post for absolutely ever.

B, that is the lovely QweenB and myself have decided that we can no longer allow just anybody to hold the status title of Honourary Aussie, without first proving their worth. Grin  Yep you heard it!!  Unless you were born here, forget it!! (Sorry Russell and Nicole and Tim and Neil and well everybody else we've ever claimed as our own).  To that end we have decided to set some new ground rules for those that wish to visit us here in our virtual land Down Under.

Honourary Aussie Status - The Lowdown
[/size][/color][/b]

We have taken the liberty of putting together four tasks. Each task requires five components to be completed. The trick is that you will only be able to see the task title.  You must choose your task from the title alone, and then contact either B or myself in order to receive your mission.  Upon completion of your mission, you must direct us to your completed task where we will then take the time to judge your response.  Disclaimer: Completing a task does not guarantee you will become an Honourary Aussie - Half Arsed entries may be declined. Honourary Aussie status is granted at the discretion of Caryn and Belinda.

A Picture's Worth a Thousand Words

Aussie Travels

Aussie Org Invasion

Im a poet and didnt know it

No Rhyme or Reason

Choose wisely.  Some tasks are easier than others.   But all will ensure that should you be successful, you will truly have learned a bit of Australian culture, and therefore feel safe in the knowledge that you truly are an Honourary Aussie.

Cheers
Caryn and Belinda

Honourary Aussies:
kamibeaR - task completed and approved

Please read Forum Rules
Edward
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #2816 on: July 27, 2007, 06:23:07 am »

wow, i have been away, a little while, I come back and there is a test, for honorary Australians. Oh how things have changed. And to Stephanie a late congratulations on that high distinction. Hopefully i will be sticking around for a little while this time, or at least until i am pilled under with assignments.

cheerio
wmushell
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 950

View Profile
« Reply #2817 on: July 27, 2007, 07:35:30 pm »

wow, i have been away, a little while, I come back and there is a test, for honorary Australians. Oh how things have changed.

Edward - I KNOW!!!  How things have changed indeed!  Do you remember the days, Edward, when it was all "Hey, come play with us and hang at the cool table!  We love you guys just the way you are and want to make you a part of our little corner of the ORG here." 

Now it's all "You have to earn our love!  Only if you play our games can you be our friends!"  It's all about the hoops!  The hoops!  The fire and the jumping and the hoops, Edward!!!! 

Cheesy Wink Kiss

It's a good thing I love you, Caryn!!!  Nod

~ Michelle  Smiley
« Last Edit: July 27, 2007, 07:47:42 pm by wmushell » Logged

Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #2818 on: July 27, 2007, 08:40:10 pm »

wow, i have been away, a little while, I come back and there is a test, for honorary Australians. Oh how things have changed.

Edward - I KNOW!!!  How things have changed indeed!  Do you remember the days, Edward, when it was all "Hey, come play with us and hang at the cool table!  We love you guys just the way you are and want to make you a part of our little corner of the ORG here." 

Now it's all "You have to earn our love!  Only if you play our games can you be our friends!"  It's all about the hoops!  The hoops!  The fire and the jumping and the hoops, Edward!!!! 

Cheesy Wink Kiss

It's a good thing I love you, Caryn!!!  Nod

~ Michelle  Smiley

Or what about the days when all you had to do was kiss their arses and you were in?! Tongue Like...oh you Aussies are so wise and brilliant and have the coolest thread ever. I'm sure if I looked back in this thread, I could find the exact post that Caryn herself (and maybe B too) gave me the A-OK the Aussie way! But noooooo...no we have to prove something or other. As you said Shell...

Caryn and B...it's a good thing we love ya both!! I'll be sending my PM to you soon...I have to think about which task to choose so I'm sure to pass the test!! You'd think with all the interest I've been showing about the culture and all, I'd have figured something out. ha! Tongue

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
murfinator
Inn Manager

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2819 on: July 27, 2007, 11:06:08 pm »

Honourary Aussies:
kamibeaR - task completed and approved

So do we get to know what tasks they did and what each one comprises of Grin

I am a Java Junkie