GilmoreGirls.org Forum
November 27, 2021, 05:49:58 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 219
  Print  
Author Topic: Gilmore Girls Australia - Cause we are waiting!  (Read 624436 times)
wmushell
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 950

View Profile
« Reply #2775 on: June 11, 2007, 10:21:50 pm »

Hi Aussie peoples!   Kiss

#1.  I think Stephanie does have a hot guy!  That would be the only reason anyone would neglect the ORG lovelies such as all of us!   Wink

#2.  Kami - I have slipped in under the radar and never was formally inducted as an honourary!  I just post in here every once in a while and hope no one gets upset.  *runs and hides so that the town selectqween doesn't hit me with a fine!*   Shocked Shocked  However, I love the Australian thread and will do whatever it takes to become an official honourary.  Even if that means pulling my socks up!!   Wink

#3.  Murf - the Pink concert sounds like a crazy cool time!

#4.  Sounds like a good beginning to summer, Melissa!  Once I finish all my end-of-the-year tasks I'm right there with you.  Hopefully, my procrastinating ways will get me out by July!   Cheesy Wink

#5.  B - Do you work underground?  Like in the "Batcave"?  Too cool!

#6.  Mel, I echo Caryn's sentiments -- thanks for spreading our cause!  Kiss

#7.  Caryn - well, my little insomniac, I'm loving that you're in training for my summer vacation.  It is so sweet of you to practice being up at all hours so that I can chat with you all during the day on my end!   Grin Kiss  Seriously,  I hope you get a good night's sleep babe and -- OMG! -- go to the dentist.  You have nothing to fear but fear itself!  Nod  Oh, and pain.   Undecided  Speaking of pain, we are all on pins and needles to hear about your three-day weekend and I have to tell you it's prickly!  Later post here, you will, Yoda says!   Smiley Kiss Kiss Kiss

#8.  Ummm, happy birthday to the fair Lizzie?  I think!  Celebrate

QweenB
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 568

RIP Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #2776 on: June 11, 2007, 10:45:43 pm »

Michelle!!! You have to APPLY to be an Honourary Aussie! If you do you will be a shoe-in! Dont think you have been overlooked Smiley and dont worry, I am an easy going Selectqween! Its Caryn who has been Taylorised! Hehehe!

I do work in a batcave! Actually the terms most used are dungeon, bunker, bomb shelter, basement...I dont think this building was built well enough to be considered a bomb shelter. Bat cave has a nice ring to it but I tend to favour dungeon. Its all painted a miserable bone grey colour and in some parts the concrete ceiling and pipes are still exposed, it doesnt have a homey feel at all! Thats hotel back-of-house for you!

Thankfully I get to leave in 15 minutes which is great because I am starting to feel the lack of fresh air...I need oxygen! No wonder I look and feel like shit! Lmao!

B xxx

Courtney Fan!
Got me a hand full of Barbie!
Shut ya gob!
Ditto!
Honourary South Af
murfinator
Inn Manager

Community Points: 211

Australian Fan who is "all in" :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2777 on: June 12, 2007, 12:48:46 am »

Murf:Hey there hun.  Tell us more about the Pink gig.  What song did she sing best.  Where were you seated?  Any cute guys around?  Wink.  Did you take any photos?  And I thinks that all the questions I have to ak at the moment.... except, are you going to get Pete's re-release of Feeler?  I think I will just so I can keep the collection going strong.  And I feel the need to support his international on-slaught.  He deserves it!!

We were with sitting my friend's brother on the lighting stage. I loved "Dear Mr President" "Leave Me Alone i'm lonely" and "Family Portrait". hehe unfortunately there weren't any cute guys around, just heaps of butch girls lol

I'm not sure if i'll get the re-release of Feeler, it'll just be the same thing so i'm not sure if it's worth it. lol hope i don't sound like a bad fan haha

I am a Java Junkie
F.A.I.T.H

kamibeaR
Diner Chef

Community Points: 452

Elphaba, Elphie, Fabala, Fae

View Profile
« Reply #2778 on: June 12, 2007, 05:30:53 pm »

Hey Aussies.
As you can see from what I added in my sig, I am a pretty devoted soon to be Honourary! Whenever and whatever the initiation may be, bring it! Grin

B, your hair sounds pretty sweet! I've been wanting to do something new with mine but I have no idea.. I want bangs but then I fear that they won't look right. Oh, um happy belated birthday to Liz..!? lol

At the moment I am awaiting a text from the guy I'm dating so I can know if we are going to hang tonight.. keep your fingers crossed for me. I really hope I hear from him! I'm supposed to.. and if I don't I'm going to be super annoyed. Guys have a tendancy to never call/text when they say they will.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2007, 05:33:49 pm by kamibeaR » Logged

*Kami*

"You know black, is this years pink!"

Sig by Laura.

Hearts Wicked and Twilight
Honourary Aussie
SPREE
Java Junkie
Narco/Headliner
MasBYUgal
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 595

Org Awards : Best Sig Creator '06 & '07

View Profile
« Reply #2779 on: June 13, 2007, 02:28:02 pm »

B:I hate it when you actually pack your own lunch, your looking forward to it and then you forget it....then it's always the day that your lunch options are horrible. 

Um......bright red and blue uniforms, they sound peppy... I'm dying to see a picture.  And now I hear you've cut your hair, last I heard you had died it to be a nice brunnette and now you've chopped it?!?  Shocked Is this because the dye is wearing out or just a new do? 

ROFL, B4 I read your post... I thought you were using the queen mum as an example of what your hair looked like!  Smiley

Kami - I'm glad you like my ticker, I thought that would be the best way to answer everyone's questions -- plus I love seeing how many days are left -- EVEN IF that sometimes freaks me out!  I'm glad you think I'm super woman that's been my most productive day this week and since then, well I've been lazy... but lovin' it.  As for the chocolate chip banana bread my grandma would always make it that way for my dad.  It works best with the mini chocolate chips.
Oh and to clarify, when I 'hit' the gym it's for a nice walk on the treadmill and it's not long, just enough to keep moving.  It all depends on how nice this baby is being to my bladder  on how long I make it.
*hoping the text gods smiled on you last night!*

Steph?!!?  I've been gone for awhile, but I can't believe she's not around.  Hmmm....might need to send a posse in her neck of the woods.  Maybe I should track Amanda down to help out!

Caryn - I'm doing all I can to enjoy this time 'off'.  I just hope I get more energy spurts, b/c since then I haven't done much of anything since.  And as I mentioned to Kami, the mini choco chips work the beset!

Shell Bell
: Love ya your list and I do agree ... especially with points 1 & 5!

I just got back from my 32 week drs appointment and all is well.  His heartbeat is healthy and strong, and I'm measuring just fine.  MY LITTLE son is so active he makes me quite tired, but at least I know that he's healthy and strong!  I have my 2nd to the last birth and parenting class tonight, so glad they are almost over.  As informative and helpful as they are ... they make us so tired in the evenings!

I'm Melissa.

Just say, "Yes, M.A.M.M. !"
/Member of Queen B
QweenB
Pretty Town Spinster

RIP Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #2780 on: June 13, 2007, 03:41:02 pm »

Good Morning Fellow Aussies!

Mel...where to start...apparently the queens face isnt as highly recognisable as I thought! Thats the queen herself, not her mum!!! Lol.

I cut my hair on a whim and I knew I had about half an inch of blonde regrowth which was hardly visable on my long hair but when it was cut short it accounted for nearly 10% of my hair, lol. I regularly re-dye my hair anyway because it doesnt hold the colour too well and starts to fade a bit.

The Uniforms arent as cute as you might think. Let me put it into perspective...its all golf gear. Black golf pants, coloured polo shirt (and they are usually cut really bad or they shrink or stretch from wearing them all week long for 6 months) and then a black cableknit jumper which looked good in the beginning but then it got a little stretchy. Oh and because of the cable knit I have cat hair ingrained in it that is a real bitch to get out, lol.

Kami I understand your hesitance to change your hair, I had to do mine gradually. I went to get a trim with a bit of a layer - I rarely cut my hair so never had a hairdresser that I always go to. Anyway the lady did a fantastic job so I trusted her to do something a little more dramatic next time around. Also, she has a nice cut and colour herself, I am always a bit scared to let a wild haired hairdresser (or a bald male hairdresser, lol) go nuts on my hair because I feel a hairdressers own style is a walking advertisement. Oh, and I am still too terrified to have 'bangs' as you crazy americans call them but my layered hair gives me a slight side fringe which I can easily pin up if its annoying me Smiley

So its Thursday and I had Monday off but it feels like a really long week! It is dragging so much, I just want it over!!!! Normally I feel refreshed after the weekend and even though this past weekend was a three day weekend I didnt feel better so this week has been tragic. So its 51 days till my holidays (37 workdays) and I am itching to go! I think im in a rut Sad

Oh, to add to the horror of my morning, its 3 degrees!!!!!!!! Thats 37 degrees in farenheit and I know most of you have snow for nine months or something last year but we dont get snow and three degrees is just wrong here! We arent prepared for 3 degrees, I dont have ducted heating in my room - thankfully for some reason I had my uniform laid out ready to go and I dove into it in record time (about 30 seconds I think)

Alright, Im done moaning about work, its time for me to actually do some work!

Cheers

B xxx

Courtney Fan!
Shut ya gob!
Ditto!
Honourary South Af
MasBYUgal
Inn Concierge

View Profile
« Reply #2781 on: June 13, 2007, 08:00:31 pm »

as a Minnesotan, I have to admit,  it's really hard for me to sympathize with your 3 C temp, since in our winter any day above freezing without windchill isn't that bad.  Just wear a few of those jumpers and you'll be fine.

As for the uniforms, I'm lucky that I've never worked at a job where I really needed to where a uniform. The closest was when I volunteered at a hospice and we had those little candy striper vests to wear.  Yet, from experience with friends whenever a company try to pick a uniform it never works on all body types and makes it inconvenient for all. 

Now about the queen, I thought it was the the queen ... but saying queen mum sounded so much better in my head I had too. 

I'm Melissa.

/Member of Queen B
QweenB
Pretty Town Spinster

RIP Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #2782 on: June 13, 2007, 08:14:57 pm »

Hey Mel!

Our female uniform is worn by 5 people, thats it! It has to be similar but not the same as the male uniform which is worn by about 10 people. We have lots of different departments that wear different uniforms and ours is actually the best, lol. Thing is, all five females are pale skinned and bright bright colours suck for pale skin!

I like your reasoning behind calling her the queen mum but that was her mums title and she died I think it was last year or the year before. Hey - if she stands down and Charles becomes king maybe she will become the king mum, lol, what a drop in title!

Hmm...CDB just started talking to me out of the blue after major long term snubbage! Must be the new do! PMSL! Or the fact he now sits a mere metre away outside my office door! Maybe I can treat him like my secretary, lol.

B xxx

Courtney Fan!
Shut ya gob!
Ditto!
Honourary South Af
MasBYUgal
Inn Concierge

View Profile
« Reply #2783 on: June 14, 2007, 08:44:15 am »

Hmm...CDB just started talking to me out of the blue after major long term snubbage! Must be the new do! PMSL! Or the fact he now sits a mere metre away outside my office door! Maybe I can treat him like my secretary, lol.
I think you should.  Have him fetch your coffee or make your copies, if he resists you could always tell him about how you sprained your ankle going to fetch those lost golf balls on the other side of the water hazard between the sand dunes on the far side of the course.   Grin  Work it baby, work it!

I'm Melissa.

/Member of Queen B
kamibeaR
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #2784 on: June 14, 2007, 12:40:35 pm »

Kami - I'm glad you like my ticker, I thought that would be the best way to answer everyone's questions -- plus I love seeing how many days are left -- EVEN IF that sometimes freaks me out! I'm glad you think I'm super woman that's been my most productive day this week and since then, well I've been lazy... but lovin' it. As for the chocolate chip banana bread my grandma would always make it that way for my dad. It works best with the mini chocolate chips.
Oh and to clarify, when I 'hit' the gym it's for a nice walk on the treadmill and it's not long, just enough to keep moving. It all depends on how nice this baby is being to my bladder on how long I make it.
*hoping the text gods smiled on you last night!*

Hehe the text gods did smile down on me Tuesday night! It was so much fun that night. Smiley Although it wasn't really a text message.. I didn't know that I was supposed to sign onto Yahoo messanger in order for him to ask me if I was ready to go.. psh, men. Oh well, we still hung out!

B, yeah I don't like going to hairdressers for the exact reason of being freaked out that they will mess me up. So I'm glad that you found one that you really like! LOL we're crazy for calling 'em "bangs?" haha. My sister says I will look good with layers so I've been thinking about that.. and I want to dye my hair black!
Also since we both know that I myself am also very light skined, I totally cringed when reading about having to wear bright colored uniforms. White, and red mostly look horrible on me! Especially white.. i can't wear any type of white top.

Running out now. I'm hungry!

Hearts

*Kami*

Sig by Laura.

Honourary Aussie
SPREE
Java Junkie
Narco/Headliner
QweenB
Pretty Town Spinster

RIP Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #2785 on: June 14, 2007, 03:13:02 pm »

Hey girls!!!

Mel - I like your plan! Its a shame he would very bluntly tell me to 'get f***ed' because he is basically that charming. He can be sweet but only when he wants something or sees some personal gain for himself. Funny the things you learn about a person after the relationship is over, lol.

Kami...you are pale and you want black hair? I dont know how well that will work but then I dyed mine dark brown a few weeks back and it went well past brown and borderline black. It didnt look too bad but I wasnt stressed because I knew in a week it would fade out to brown - and it did exactly that. I wasnt using a weak dye my hair just prefers to be lighter so the colour doesnt hold. I hope it works for you though. Meanwhile, if you cant wear white you are going to have to have a modern wedding or look like a terrible bride, lol. I say go with off white, can you do off white? I want off white when I get married Smiley ...if I get married Cry lol

Catchya!

B xxx

Courtney Fan!
Shut ya gob!
Ditto!
Honourary South Af
kamibeaR
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #2786 on: June 15, 2007, 08:52:13 am »

Kami...you are pale and you want black hair? I dont know how well that will work but then I dyed mine dark brown a few weeks back and it went well past brown and borderline black. It didnt look too bad but I wasnt stressed because I knew in a week it would fade out to brown - and it did exactly that. I wasnt using a weak dye my hair just prefers to be lighter so the colour doesnt hold. I hope it works for you though. Meanwhile, if you cant wear white you are going to have to have a modern wedding or look like a terrible bride, lol. I say go with off white, can you do off white? I want off white when I get married Smiley ...if I get married Cry lol

Catchya!

B xxx
LOL. Well let me say this, I'm not exactly really pale. I'm mean yes I am white, lol so I'll say my skin is fair. I don't think black hair would look bad? If my hair is dyed it'll also change back pretty fast. I did it a reddish colour once and its sucked cause it wasn't a much red as I wated it to be and it looked normal not long after that.. so if I were to do the black I think it'd be alright cause it might not look too dark. Even though I'd want it too. My hair sucks. Seriously its so damaged and everything. I hate it!

HAHA you know I've actually thought about what I would do if I was getting married since I can't wear white. I thought about the off white thing. I think I can pull that off.. lol. But I'm also in the same boat as you in thinking if I even get married. Sad
I also think black is my best colour but um I don't think I should have a black wedding dress.. LOL that's a little dark and obviously not very wedding like!

Edit: Bam

I think that marks the end of something for me. Had to show my Aussie love and support and find the perfect and final icon to post in this thread!
Hearts
« Last Edit: June 15, 2007, 09:51:52 am by kamibeaR » Logged

*Kami*

Sig by Laura.

Honourary Aussie
SPREE
Java Junkie
Narco/Headliner
MasBYUgal
Inn Concierge

View Profile
« Reply #2787 on: June 15, 2007, 11:30:52 am »

B- Well at least you learned something!   Wink  But now, you can always pester him, just to see what he does.  Think of him as your personal Michel!  I can't wait to hear the stories!

Kami - I bet you are exaggerating your skin tone.  I'm quite white too and I don't mind wearing white .. When I got married I just tried to get some sun so I wasn't white and pasty in the dress, and it worked out okay.   However if you are going to get married and you don't want to wear white, do something bold and wild!  Wear a colour you look d**m gorgeous in, because it will be YOUR day and you can do whatever the heck you want.  Grin I mean if you're going to break tradition, do it in style! 

Gals, she's trying really hard to get that honourary status! Did anyone notice the koala she posted in the spree thread?   When I first saw it I thought you guys put her up to some initiation project!!   :Smiley 

I'm Melissa.

/Member of Queen B
kamibeaR
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #2788 on: June 15, 2007, 03:50:16 pm »

Gals, she's trying really hard to get that honourary status! Did anyone notice the koala she posted in the spree thread?   When I first saw it I thought you guys put her up to some initiation project!!   :Smiley 

LOL.
The Koala wasn't the only thing I've added in a post! Wink

Oh and on my skin and the color white, lol its just that white doesn't go with me period. Makes me look super icky! Yeah when a white wedding dress as crossed my mind I also thought of getting a lil darker but I can't do sun.. I'm scared to sit out cause I'm scared of the sun. (Skin cancer and stuff.. terrifies me) But then there's always like spray/lotion stuff that I can use to tone up my skin a bit!

However if you are going to get married and you don't want to wear white, do something bold and wild!  Wear a colour you look d**m gorgeous in, because it will be YOUR day and you can do whatever the heck you want.   I mean if you're going to break tradition, do it in style! 
^ I like that! That made me say, wooo! That's so true huh?? Yeah!
I just have to make sure that I'll still stand out from whatever color I choose for the dresses of the girl in my wedding. Geez I'm talking like I'm already engaged or something and in the wedding planning process.. lol not quite time for that yet! Still gotta find the guy... but that scares me. What if I can't! I mean I know I'm only 20 and stuff but this it kind of near the time to think about it... if my plan is to be married by at least 27! ( and that is what I hope.)

*Kami*

Sig by Laura.

Honourary Aussie
SPREE
Java Junkie
Narco/Headliner
MasBYUgal
Inn Concierge

View Profile
« Reply #2789 on: June 15, 2007, 06:12:24 pm »

Oh and on my skin and the color white, lol its just that white doesn't go with me period. Makes me look super icky! Yeah when a white wedding dress as crossed my mind I also thought of getting a lil darker but I can't do sun.. I'm scared to sit out cause I'm scared of the sun. (Skin cancer and stuff.. terrifies me) But then there's always like spray/lotion stuff that I can use to tone up my skin a bit!
It's all about the sunscreen, have you seen my post in the beauty thread about my favourite sunscreen?  But I've heard that there are some really good sunless tanning products out there and there is always the spray tan places, those would work well too.  I'm always scared about too much sun exposure too.

^ I like that! That made me say, wooo! That's so true huh?? Yeah!
I'm glad.  I had fun 'saying' it too! 

... Geez I'm talking like I'm already engaged or something and in the wedding planning process... lol not quite time for that yet! Still gotta find the guy... but that scares me. What if I can't! I mean I know I'm only 20 and stuff but this it kind of near the time to think about it... if my plan is to be married by at least 27! ( and that is what I hope.)
Take a deep breath my friend. You've got plenty of time, though I was married at 20!  Wink  I was 21 a few months later ... and now I'm 26 and preggers!  Lol!  Maybe this guy is the one and that's why your thinking about marriage ... keep us 'posted'!  [/color]

I'm Melissa.

/Member of Queen B
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 219
  Print  

Jump to: