GilmoreGirls.org Forum
November 27, 2021, 07:23:12 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 219
  Print  
Author Topic: Gilmore Girls Australia - Cause we are waiting!  (Read 624459 times)
Kristian
Town Resident

Community Points: 27

View Profile
« Reply #2760 on: June 05, 2007, 07:26:50 am »

I was just wondering what episode everyone was you up to on free to air?
Do you watch 9 or Win? Win in Victoria just showed ep-19 from season 5 last Sunday and I know we are out of sinc with what 9 are playing and maybe even what Win is playing in NSW and QLD Im just wondering how far behind everyone is, Im sure its only a couple of episodes, I know just a week or so ago due to NRL commitments for the past few Sundays our WIN viewers in some parts of NSW only just got to see 5.13 - Wedding Bell Blues

kamibeaR
Diner Chef

Community Points: 452

Elphaba, Elphie, Fabala, Fae

View Profile
« Reply #2761 on: June 06, 2007, 11:22:38 am »

Hey guys!

Ok I know I've never posted here before but there's a first time for everything! Also I just read the latest new posts in the SPREES thread and I saw that B stopped by and mentioned me(!!) and how she hasn't seen me much. Sad Which is true! Hi B!!

I myself hope to be on the road to becoming an Honourary Australian hopefully soon! Everyone else seems to be! Grin

*Kami*

"You know black, is this years pink!"

Sig by Laura.

Hearts Wicked and Twilight
Honourary Aussie
SPREE
Java Junkie
Narco/Headliner
QweenB
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 568

RIP Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #2762 on: June 06, 2007, 03:48:03 pm »

Oh yay!!! I coaxed Kami out of the sprees!!!! Hehe. Good to see you stranger! Welcome to Australia, pull up a kangeroo! We love Honourary Aussies and I would be delighted to make you one Smiley

I warn you that us Aussies have a tendancy to be unpredictable and on becoming an Honourary Aussie you have to be prepared for times like when Caryn and I took over the forum and stuck Aussie flags all over it when everyone was sleeping! If you are up for some fun then stick around Smiley

B xxx

Courtney Fan!
Got me a hand full of Barbie!
Shut ya gob!
Ditto!
Honourary South Af
kamibeaR
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #2763 on: June 06, 2007, 04:40:44 pm »

LOL I loved that post B!
"Pull up a kangeroo!" I love kangeroos so don't mind if I do! That post made my day. Grin

Yes yes, you did indeed coax me out of the Spree thread. I know that a lot of you guys hang out around here so I figure its a good place to catch up and stuff. Oh and I definitely think I can handle the shenanigans of you and Caryn! I remember that Aussie flag thing. I would quite honoured to be made an Honourary Aussie by you!

I'm sticking around.

*Kami*

Sig by Laura.

Honourary Aussie
SPREE
Java Junkie
Narco/Headliner
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1944

View Profile
« Reply #2764 on: June 06, 2007, 06:47:48 pm »

Wow super effort B.  You brought my little 'hey there kamibeaR' gal all the way over to our lovely country!

One little tip Kami - don't get your aussie culture spelling from B!  It is kangaroo, not kang-e-roo!!! Cheesy

*skulks off muttering that'll teach her to go around spreading rumours I'm just like Taylor!  If she can't spell our national icons correctly, I just might have to hold an Org meeting and.....oh........wait.......nothing :Smiley)

Please read Forum Rules
QweenB
Pretty Town Spinster

RIP Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #2765 on: June 06, 2007, 06:51:58 pm »

Are you trying to drive me out of town Taylor? This from the man who spells shop as shoppe!!!! Haha!

I thought it looked wrong but I couldnt figure out why! Trust you to see it! Lol.

Ok, no more hysterics, we will scare out the new peeps! We need to have a meeting to discuss her honourary citizenship though so if you want to book Miss Pattys that would be great Cheesy

B xxx

Courtney Fan!
Shut ya gob!
Ditto!
Honourary South Af
kamibeaR
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #2766 on: June 06, 2007, 06:56:08 pm »

Wow super effort B.  You brought my little 'hey there kamibeaR' gal all the way over to our lovely country!

One little tip Kami - don't get your aussie culture spelling from B!  It is kangaroo, not kang-e-roo!!! Cheesy

*skulks off muttering that'll teach her to go around spreading rumours I'm just like Taylor!  If she can't spell our national icons correctly, I just might have to hold an Org meeting and.....oh........wait.......nothing :Smiley)
Dammit! I knew I should of gone with my first instinct when I typed "kangeroo"! I had a feeling that there was an 'a' in there instead of an 'e'! Goes with that fact that I'm not the greatest speller.. but still! But I did still have that feeling that it was spelled wrong!!

Yeah I won't use B's words anymore when I'm unsure about spelling.. LOL just kidding babe!
LOL "shoppe" I've never liked that way of spelling "shop."

Hope I'm in!

*Kami*

Sig by Laura.

Honourary Aussie
SPREE
Java Junkie
Narco/Headliner
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #2767 on: June 09, 2007, 02:16:21 pm »

Just coming around to direct you to the following post for all ORG members! I know it's a bit off-topic so please forgive me.

Just check this out! It's a great opportunity to get to know a fellow ORG mamber and learn a little about the other parts of the world! Please visit:

It's a great way to do something creative that you'll remember forever! Doesn't cost much to send a postcard - you can be creative and have fun with this!! Just stop by and see what it's all about! Who knows...you may just find a new friend! Smiley

It seems that most everyone here has made their way to the thread, but on my rounds of reminders, I thought I'd stop here! And Kami, they are correct, these Aussies aren't just your average individual...you've got to stay on your toes and be prepared! Keep on eye open even when you sleep! Wink Good to see you here!

Hope everyone's having a FANTASTIC weekend and enjoying the day/ almost night!
~M Hearts[/color]

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
MasBYUgal
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 595

Org Awards : Best Sig Creator '06 & '07

View Profile
« Reply #2768 on: June 11, 2007, 04:37:19 pm »

ROFL - Kami, Caryn & B - I've so missed you guys and your Aussie rumor.  I need to stop by here more often just so I can keep up my laughing quotient of the day.  I've missed you all, but as you can imagine I've been quite busy with birth classes and other stuff.  (For more details check out the Aussie or the spree thread, for my long recent update!)

So far today I have been LOVING SUMMER!  I've even been quite productive today.  I was quite upset that I couldn't sleep in past 7:45, but I made it to the gym and back before 10...then after a little rest and web surfing, I made 2 loaves of banana bed -1 w/ chocolate chips and one w/o.  (Caveat, I'm not the biggest banana fan, I only like them when they are slightly green and crunchy, so when I buy TOO many 'nanas, I have to put the brown ones in the fridge until I have the energy to make bread.  However I love banana bread, so it's not that bad!)    Then during & after cooking I had the energy to clean the kitchen from top to bottom and I even swept and swifered.  I even made dinner - now before the big round of applause -- it was just simple shake'n'bake chicken, but still!  Yes, I am super woman!  I hope I don't regret it to much tomorrow, but at least I know I'll sleep well tonight! 

How is everyone??!  Please fill me in with all of the DIRTY details!

I'm Melissa.

Just say, "Yes, M.A.M.M. !"
/Member of Queen B
murfinator
Inn Manager

Community Points: 211

Australian Fan who is "all in" :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2769 on: June 11, 2007, 05:04:02 pm »

I went and saw Pink on Friday night at the Brisbane Entertainment Centre! I didn't know I was going until about 4:30 Friday arvo! My friend's brother did the lighting for it so we all got in free Grin It was such and awesome concert Grin

I am a Java Junkie
F.A.I.T.H

MasBYUgal
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 595

Org Awards : Best Sig Creator '06 & '07

View Profile
« Reply #2770 on: June 11, 2007, 07:49:47 pm »

Hey Murf! What amazing connections you have there, does that friend ever do concert lighting over in my neck of the woods?  Wink  I bet it was a fun concert, what kind of seats did you have?

So long lost Aussies?  Where are you this afternoon? Steph, how goes the semester, you must be almost done or on another one now? How goes the mystery guy?  B- How goes the club?  Caryn, how are the kiddies? 

I'm Melissa.

Just say, "Yes, M.A.M.M. !"
/Member of Queen B
QweenB
Pretty Town Spinster

RIP Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #2771 on: June 11, 2007, 07:57:07 pm »

Hey Mel xxxxx

What club? I am guessing youre referring to where I work so I must give the standard line...'we are not a club, we do not have members, we have people who purchase playing rights...' tomayto/tomahto in my eyes but I just say 'yes boss!' hehe.

The not club is ok, it stressed me until my hair fell out though!

Back to finish after lunch!

...Ok, so lunch was a gross egg pie that is already making me feel like crap. Unfortunately I did organise my own lunch today and it is sitting at home in the fridge because I forgot it Cry
While we were on lunch break the shop manager came in to show us what our summer uniforms would be and they are ugly! They dont take into consideration that half of us work underground and have really pale complexions and then they stick us in bright red or bright blue and we look washed out! I made a suggestion of nice lavender shirt instead (same catelogue, same brand...) but nooo...the red head who is ordering doesnt want to wear lavender! Why should she be the one chosing based on her skin tone when she is a minority??? Shouldnt it be a group decision? She is only here 2 days a week and I have to wear the uniform 5 days a week!

Ok, wow, I feel a little better after that but I am still not happy about it.

Oh, to clarify, I was only joking about my hair falling out but I mentioned that to a fellow staff member and she looked all shocked and went 'really? Oh my god!!!' so I figured I shouldnt joke so much (does that mean my haircut looks like shizen?) No, I impulsively got it cut on the basis that a change is as good as a holiday Smiley all the feedback so far has been very positive!

Catchya!

B xxx
« Last Edit: June 11, 2007, 09:08:54 pm by QweenB » Logged

Courtney Fan!
Shut ya gob!
Ditto!
Honourary South Af
kamibeaR
Diner Chef

View Profile
« Reply #2772 on: June 11, 2007, 09:08:53 pm »

ROFL - Kami, Caryn & B - I've so missed you guys and your Aussie rumor.  I need to stop by here more often just so I can keep up my laughing quotient of the day.  I've missed you all, but as you can imagine I've been quite busy with birth classes and other stuff.  (For more details check out the Aussie or the spree thread, for my long recent update!)

So far today I have been LOVING SUMMER!  I've even been quite productive today.  I was quite upset that I couldn't sleep in past 7:45, but I made it to the gym and back before 10...then after a little rest and web surfing, I made 2 loaves of banana bed -1 w/ chocolate chips and one w/o.  (Caveat, I'm not the biggest banana fan, I only like them when they are slightly green and crunchy, so when I buy TOO many 'nanas, I have to put the brown ones in the fridge until I have the energy to make bread.  However I love banana bread, so it's not that bad!)    Then during & after cooking I had the energy to clean the kitchen from top to bottom and I even swept and swifered.  I even made dinner - now before the big round of applause -- it was just simple shake'n'bake chicken, but still!  Yes, I am super woman!  I hope I don't regret it to much tomorrow, but at least I know I'll sleep well tonight! 

How is everyone??!  Please fill me in with all of the DIRTY details!

Hey Melissa!
I saw your post in the Sprees thread. Hospital tour of the delivery wing? Exciting! Did that make you more anxious?? I would of been. I love how you have that little baby time banner thing in your sig! Aw, its so awesome that you're having a boy. Smiley I love the jungle themed nursery idea. Wow you really are super women. Baked, cleaned kitchen and cooked dinner. Reminds me of someone awesome that I know.. my mum! (Notice Aussies that I used "mum" and not "mom." Wink) I myself was never a banana/banana bread person but when you mentioned chocolate chips in it.. that made it sound really good.

So glad you're enjoying summer so far, and way to go with still hitting the gym! I myself still run daily on the treadmill. Smiley

*Kami*

Sig by Laura.

Honourary Aussie
SPREE
Java Junkie
Narco/Headliner
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1944

View Profile
« Reply #2773 on: June 11, 2007, 09:54:34 pm »

Hey everybody

It's been forever since I've made any sort of a decent post in here, so I figured it's about time I get my [email protected]# into gear and do so.

First and foremost  STEPH - where the hell are you?  Are you okay?  Are you dead (if so please do not answer, I don't think I could cope with a visit from the afterlife)?  Are you studying so hard that you forgot all about us.  Or, more excitedly, did you hook up with mystery guy?  Because at this point that is the only excuse that is going to even remotely satisfy your lack of presence around here.  B and I have been living vicariously through your mystery guys, so come share with us hun!!

B:  You had your hair cut?  How short?  Is it a different colour also?  Why am I just discovering this now?  Sorry for the bad lunch menu today and the even worse upcoming summer uniform!  I think you should go around and get a petition happening a la the Christmas function style from last year LOL.  Teach them a lesson and remind them that red colours run in the wash and you cuold end up with a lot of pink coloured clothes if that go that path Cheesy.

Murf:Hey there hun.  Tell us more about the Pink gig.  What song did she sing best.  Where were you seated?  Any cute guys around?  Wink.  Did you take any photos?  And I thinks that all the questions I have to ak at the moment.... except, are you going to get Pete's re-release of Feeler?  I think I will just so I can keep the collection going strong.  And I feel the need to support his international on-slaught.  He deserves it!!

Kami: Heh, I loved that you used Mum, instead of Mom.  You my friend, as far as I am concerned, definately get the nod for honourary Aussie status.  However, be warned that we will revoke it at anytime, if you ever spell another national animal incorrectly Cheesy Wink.  Now go see our lovely cruise director B for your intiation schedule and all will be good. Kiss

Mel:   You have been an absolute angel spreading the postcard word about on our behalf.  Thanks so much for your efforts babe and I'll catch you around soon to have a chat.  I notice that you changed your myspace name, so I'm going to head there later and make a little comment or two.  Stay cool hun.

Melissa:Heh, sounds like you have plenty of time on your hands for nesting now that you don't have to get up for work everyday.  Enjoy all the extra cleaning that you most likely will find yourself taking part in over these last weeks before the bubs comes along.  And I too am not a banana fan, but love banana bread.  And I agree with Kami it sounds way more appealing with choc chips in it....what a great idea!!

Well I was going to catch you up on my long weekend, but I have to bail and pick up my babe from school - so it will have to wait until later (sorry B).  But I promise I'll be back soon to do it!

Cheers
Caryn
xxx Kiss

Please read Forum Rules
QweenB
Pretty Town Spinster

RIP Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #2774 on: June 11, 2007, 10:17:40 pm »

Kami: Heh, I loved that you used Mum, instead of Mom.  You my friend, as far as I am concerned, definately get the nod for honourary Aussie status.  However, be warned that we will revoke it at anytime, if you ever spell another national animal incorrectly Cheesy Wink.  Now go see our lovely cruise director B for your intiation schedule and all will be good. Kiss

Says you who cant spell initiation :-P

So...hair cut. I guess you could almost compare it to Rorys short haircut (and colour too) except mine is not a boring bob cut - it has all flicky bits! Lots of layers to give it shape and all that fun stuff. It just sits on my shoulders - apparently this stops it looking like a bob and when it is wet it sticks to my head and its like there is no hair! It is all very thinned out because of the layers! I do love it though Smiley Ive never had hair with shape before, lol.

Caryn if you had given Kami the nod yesterday we could have invited her to join in the shindig for Liz's birthday! I know its belated but...

Happy Birthday Lizzie ya old darlin! Dont hit the sherry too hard!

B xxx

Courtney Fan!
Shut ya gob!
Ditto!
Honourary South Af
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 219
  Print  

Jump to: