GilmoreGirls.org Forum
January 22, 2022, 10:10:51 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 467 468 [469] 470 471 ... 508
  Print  
Author Topic: Java Junkies (Lorelai and Luke) - We all love the chick beer!  (Read 1598287 times)
bingbong
Town Selectman

Community Points: 1271

View Profile
« Reply #7020 on: August 23, 2007, 06:31:59 pm »

Spraying of food while eating is a form of spitting but not the pure type of deliberately gathering saliva in one's mouth and... etc.

Anyway, L&L had enough problems and i'm glad spitting was not one of them (attempt to get to the vicinity of On Topic Land).

Luke without flannel! Emphasis on denim! Lorelai is the bomb!

Signature courtesy of SKFTEX
JillianLovesFood
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 97

Life is funny, the thing to remember is to laugh

View Profile
« Reply #7021 on: August 23, 2007, 08:04:47 pm »

I'm actually in the process of writing the episode where my version of the proposal takes place. In my fanfiction...
Lorelai and Rory leave the hospital where Sookie has just given birth to her newest baby. Luke is about to leave when he catches sight of the happy family. Sookie, Jackson, Davy and Martha surrounding the baby; smiling and laughing. It mentally slaps Luke in the face reminding him of what he could've had a year ago. So full of new found determination; he marches off to Lorelai's house with the ring he bought for her since the 8.01 episode and confronts her and Rory in the front room...

-At this Luke nervously tried to pull something out of his jacket pocket but it fell out and bounced on the floor. It landed right in front of Lorelai’s feet. Lorelai bent down, picked it up and stared at it in disbelief.
   Luke: “I bought that for you because I wanted to say something important to you,”
   Lorelai: “I don’t get it…. are you a jewelry thief now or suddenly turned into Prince?”
   Luke sighed.
   Luke: “Of course not! What I’m TRYING to say is….”
   Luke gulped and shifted nervously. Finally he took a deep breath and barely able to look her in the face, he asked…
   Luke: “Will you marry me?”
   Lorelai exploded with: “That was NOT funny the first time and it’s definately NOT funny now!”
   Luke: “I wasn’t joking! Believe me even Ed MacMan wouldn’t of laughed at that one!”
   Lorelai: “You’re serious?”
   Lorelai tried to look through Luke with her eyes to detect any hint of teasing.
   Luke confirmed: “Al Gore serious,”
   He stood firm and looked her straight in the eyes.
   Lorelai quickly ducked her head to glance at the ring in her hand. She started muttering to herself over and over again “he’s serious”.
   Rory: “Uh, Mom?”
   Lorelai continued to mutter. Luke walked over to where Rory was standing and waved at Lorelai.
   Luke: “Lorelai…?”
   Lorelai yet again continued to mutter to herself.
   Rory to Luke: “Uh Huston, we have a problem,”
   Luke: “Now this was an unexpected reaction,”
   Rory: “I think she broke,”
   Luke: “Did I say something wrong?”
   Rory: “Not really. Maybe it wasn’t so much what you SAID, maybe it was what you DID,”
   Luke: “Did? I thought I did it good?”
   Rory: “Well, I think it was the execution,”
   Luke: “Execution? I did it fine. I held on until the right moment and then I gave it to her,”
   Rory: “Technically you DROPPED it to her,”
   Luke: “It was really hard to bring up but…”
   Lorelai suddenly interrupted them by snickering in a trans: “Dirty, dirty… dirty,”
   Luke and Rory eyed each other.
   Rory: “I guess it never fails,”
   Luke sighed: “No matter how out of it she is; that part still works,”
   Rory: “Okay that’s it!”
   Rory marched in between them.
   Rory: “You two are the most pathetic couple I have ever seen! You would give Elizabeth Bennet and Mr. Darcy a run for their money! You can’t even get a proposal scene right! I have to step in as a director if there’s any hope for you guys!”
So Rory makes Luke do the proposal all over again but in more of a romantic, get down on your knees kind of way and after some freaking out questions from Lorelai she finally says yes. Of course I'm currently working on that part.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2007, 08:09:16 pm by JillianLovesFood » Logged

7.1-Luke to Lorelai- "It's like my life isn't even real to me unless you're there, and you're in it, and I'm sharing it with you..."
bingbong
Town Selectman

View Profile
« Reply #7022 on: August 23, 2007, 08:29:39 pm »

I looooved that fan fiction. Why o Why couldn't it have really happened, huh? Was it asking too much?

skftex
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 287

View Profile
« Reply #7023 on: August 23, 2007, 08:32:17 pm »

Not being a fan of fan fiction, that is pretty good (other than its Houston not Huston Wink).

Here is my post to aleve the fears of Jimmy.   Grin Kiss

Sharon

Miranda
Town Selectman

Community Points: 775

Call me Mira

View Profile
« Reply #7024 on: August 23, 2007, 11:18:38 pm »

omg, I loved that fanfic!!! Great job! I agree with Jim: this should have happened for real!

Thanks sis (Katinka a.k.a Snowy_Duerre)
luce
Town Resident

Community Points: 42

You say tomato, I say pimp.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7025 on: August 23, 2007, 11:21:02 pm »

WOW, you guys can post! I've been on holiday and there are like 40 more pages, KUDOS!

I think we've been more talkative since the show ended..... wedding planning is a killer!

cafepress.com/ishallbelieve - unique gifts for the tv minded
GilmoreAddict7899
Diner Chef

Community Points: 399

in Omnia Paratus...

View Profile
« Reply #7026 on: August 24, 2007, 09:41:20 am »

How is the sedding planning going? Did anyone post a list of everything that won? What are we going to do with it all?

Java Junkie-Litliner.....Kim =)
gilmorefriend
Official Gilmore Girl

Community Points: 1354

View Profile
« Reply #7027 on: August 24, 2007, 10:35:49 am »

We are still on honeymoon voting. After that, we are figuring out what to do.

THIS ACCOUNT IS SO OLD BUT I DON'T HAVE THE HEART TO DELETE IT PRETEND I DON'T EXIST
gggirlqwe
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: -2

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7028 on: August 24, 2007, 11:10:00 am »

I have a 56. He just wants her to be happy! Grin

skftex
Gilmore Maid

View Profile
« Reply #7029 on: August 24, 2007, 07:06:31 pm »

Yes, that is a good one to add, but only the person that started the thread could do that, and that person hasn't been around in over a year.  Sad

Sharon

gilmorefriend
Official Gilmore Girl

Community Points: 1354

View Profile
« Reply #7030 on: August 24, 2007, 07:20:12 pm »

Yeah. I wonder why that person is not on anymore! Thehumancoffeepot made like all of the season threads except for7!

THIS ACCOUNT IS SO OLD BUT I DON'T HAVE THE HEART TO DELETE IT PRETEND I DON'T EXIST
Mike_54
Town Resident

Community Points: 28

View Profile
« Reply #7031 on: August 25, 2007, 06:07:24 am »

I just thought of an amusing postscript to the wedding proposal I sketched out a few days ago, so it's back to Barnacle Billy's:

LORELAI: (Squeals with delight and hugs him) OH GOD, YES! You know I will! (They kiss) Mmmmm...I love you. So, how do we celebrate?

LUKE: Celebrate? I'd think a $120.00 dinner was enough... oh, I forgot. I just asked a bottomless pit to play to have and to hold... (Suddenly gets a devastated expression on his face)

LORELAI: (now terrified, whispering) Oh no! Luke, honey, what's wrong?

LUKE: (slams the wine list onto the table with a disgusted expression on hs face) CAN YOU BELIEVE THIS? DAMN IT!

(grins evilly) NO ZIMA!!!!

Laughing, LORELAI picks up the wine list and clobbers LUKE over the head with it in mock anger.

FADE TO END CREDIT
« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 06:30:48 am by Mike_54 » Logged

...but, hey, that's me!
Mike
JillianLovesFood
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 97

Life is funny, the thing to remember is to laugh

View Profile
« Reply #7032 on: August 25, 2007, 02:28:45 pm »

bingbong-
I looooved that fan fiction. Why o Why couldn't it have really happened, huh? Was it asking too much?
Thanks so much! Yeah, I know! I AT LEAST wanted to see Luke propose to Lorelai in Season 7  Cry

skftex-
Not being a fan of fan fiction, that is pretty good (other than its Houston not Huston ).

Thanks  Grin As I said before; I'm still working on it... I have yet to spellcheck things  Wink

Miranda-
omg, I loved that fanfic!!! Great job! I agree with Jim: this should have happened for real!
Thanks again for all of your wonderful feedback and that is just the first proposal he does in this episode... the second one (the more romantic kind) will satisfiy JavaJunkies all over the world. Smitten That and the wedding episode.  Kiss

7.1-Luke to Lorelai- "It's like my life isn't even real to me unless you're there, and you're in it, and I'm sharing it with you..."
bingbong
Town Selectman

View Profile
« Reply #7033 on: August 25, 2007, 02:40:41 pm »

bingbong-
Thanks so much! Yeah, I know! I AT LEAST wanted to see Luke propose to Lorelai in Season 7  Cry

I was posting on another thread the other day and the obvious suddenly occured to me: Luke never proposed to Lorelai, although Chris and Max did. Does that suck, or what? I mean, Max was a cool guy and Chris yeah ok sometimes, but Luke is The One for Lorelai. Sometimes there is no justice...

I am not one of those L&L fans who wants to see Luke get on bended knee. I think Luke can be plenty romantic, but for some reason the bended knee does not seem like something Luke would do. Maybe your next installment of The Epic Proposal will change my mind.

skftex
Gilmore Maid

View Profile
« Reply #7034 on: August 25, 2007, 02:52:22 pm »

Actually, Luke did propose to Lorelai, we just didn't get to see it.  Its at the end of New and Improved Lorelai (6.1).

LORELAI'S HOUSE

[Lorelai enters. She walks into the kitchen and takes a bottle of water out of the fridge. She walks into Rory's mostly empty room, sits on the end of the bed and looks around, getting more and more upset. She throws the water bottle at the wall and starts to cry. After a minute, the front door opens and Luke calls out to her.]

LUKE: Full moon! Moment's here, let's go!

[Lorelai wipes her tears and goes out to meet him.]

Thats the episode where he's looking at the rings that Kirk is selling.  Full moon, so time for HIM to propose.  I guess we just didn't need to see it (or ASP thought we didn't  Wink) because thats the end of the show, when Lorelai gets up to go out of Rory's room.

Sharon

Pages: 1 ... 467 468 [469] 470 471 ... 508
  Print  

Jump to: