GilmoreGirls.org Forum
January 24, 2022, 11:16:13 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 491 492 [493] 494 495 ... 508
  Print  
Author Topic: Java Junkies (Lorelai and Luke) - We all love the chick beer!  (Read 1599889 times)
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1944

View Profile
« Reply #7380 on: January 06, 2008, 08:40:55 pm »

I'm currently trying to make my first video with a JJ theme and I have most of the clips I think I'm going to need so far.  What I can't seem to get is a usable MP3 version of the song I want to use.  Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Please read Forum Rules
Seni
Town Selectman

Community Points: 594

Literati forever

View Profile
« Reply #7381 on: January 08, 2008, 08:55:49 am »

how come you can't use it? Is the file itself corrupted or WMM won't use it (if you are using WMM)? If it's the second, I really don't know, I've never had problems with the music files I used before (that was one of the good sides  Grin). Did you import it using import music and everything? And dragged it onto the timeline?

Grey's Anatomy - McLove
-Me and Amber never stop eating - Betty when you call me, you can call me Al-
-The Lit Who Couldn't Decide-
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

View Profile
« Reply #7382 on: January 08, 2008, 02:39:03 pm »

Hi Ines, thanks for responding.

I am using WMM, and I downloaded an MP3 version of the song I want to use that plays fine in Windows Media Player but then when I go to WMM and try to import it, it allows me to collect it and starts to import it then stops and says that the file is either corrupt or not valid.  But it plays fine in other programs.

I'm wondering if anybody has any good places to download music from that doesn't involve me having iTunes because my computer doesn't like that for some reason.  I thought I might try another file version of the song in the hope it works.

Kiss

Please read Forum Rules
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #7383 on: January 08, 2008, 03:54:04 pm »

Thanks for the tips about making videos, laurygilmore! Much appreciated! I forgot about that site to find video clips!

Caryn: I think that if you just type the song in with .mp3 download after it, into Google, you find it to download sometimes. I know that Heidi doesn't promote downloading on the site so I can talk to you about this off forum. I find songs a lot of the time through just trial and error. Though, I must say that I rely on iTunes a great deal.

So, anyone have a PLT or another video to share for the challenge? (See one or two pages back for details)

Perhaps we need something different?! Don't let the JJ thread die!! Nooooo...

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
the girls4ever
Town Selectman

Community Points: 727

He's Dazzling

View Profile
« Reply #7384 on: January 08, 2008, 04:09:47 pm »

Mel: I get my clips from gilmorefan.com. They don't have season 1 and most of season 2 clips because they're not done re-loading clips from when they lost them all (I don't know how that happened). ALL of season 3-7 is there and it's an amazing resource! You can always use your DVDs for season 1 and 2  Smiley

Caryn: WMM doesn't like iTunes apparently (the file type isn't mp3) so don't worry about that  Wink I use the free version of limewire. It has everything you can think of! Just do a google search for it and hopefully it'll work!

The JJ thread will never die!!!!! It is immortal  Cheesy

-Laura-

Twilight
70% Headliner 30% Literati, Java Junkie always
Brenda is my partner in crime~Love to the Sprees & Lits
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

View Profile
« Reply #7385 on: January 08, 2008, 04:11:24 pm »

Mel: I get my clips from gilmorefan.com. They don't have season 1 and most of season 2 clips because they're not done re-loading clips from when they lost them all (I don't know how that happened). ALL of season 3-7 is there and it's an amazing resource! You can always use your DVDs for season 1 and 2  Smiley

Caryn: WMM doesn't like iTunes apparently (the file type isn't mp3) so don't worry about that  Wink I use the free version of limewire. It has everything you can think of! Just do a google search for it and hopefully it'll work!

The JJ thread will never die!!!!! It is immortal  Cheesy

Thanks, Laura!!! Much appreciated!

And you're right, the JJ thread will never die!! Long live the JJ's! Grin

~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

View Profile
« Reply #7386 on: January 08, 2008, 04:36:39 pm »

Thanks Mel and Laura.  I'll try again.  I just found another mp3 version of the song, downloaded and played fine in WMP, tried to import it to WMM and same deal again.  I'm starting to wonder if there is a glitch in my program Undecided

Please read Forum Rules
Seni
Town Selectman

Community Points: 594

Literati forever

View Profile
« Reply #7387 on: January 09, 2008, 07:53:58 am »

hmmm  Huh that's weird. I also use limewire for downloading songs. I really don't know what could be the problem though. I'll google a bit.

Yeah gilmorefan.com is really a lifesaver when it comes to clips...

I just made a JJ video, but it's...well, sad. I do have an excuse for not making it about the nice times, though  Grin So if anyone wants to see  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucxl3qkRuss

Grey's Anatomy - McLove
-Me and Amber never stop eating - Betty when you call me, you can call me Al-
-The Lit Who Couldn't Decide-
Miranda
Town Selectman

Community Points: 775

Call me Mira

View Profile
« Reply #7388 on: January 09, 2008, 10:35:20 am »

omg, Ines, I love that song and your video is amazing! PS!
I'm in a Java Junkie mood, finally saw the episode where Lorelai sings I will always love you...

Thanks sis (Katinka a.k.a Snowy_Duerre)
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

View Profile
« Reply #7389 on: January 10, 2008, 08:17:48 pm »

Ines, see that's what I'm talking about! I so want to be able to create videos like that! Such talent and PATIENCE! Anyone who can sit and thread all those clips together like that! Awesome!!

I'm sorry that you're having such trouble, Caryn! I hope that you get things straightened out. I don't know even where to begin to direct you. I can't even get my program to work right to begin with. I think I'll take a break from this...you can't do it all I guess. I should stick with graphics! Tongue You'll get it figured out, babe!

Star If you saw Luke or/ or Lorelai after they kissed that last episode of series...what would you say to them? Star

~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
wmushell
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 950

View Profile
« Reply #7390 on: January 10, 2008, 08:31:00 pm »

Star If you saw Luke or/ or Lorelai after they kissed that last episode of series...what would you say to them? Star

What would I say to them?

I believe it would go, "YAY!Celebrate

honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

View Profile
« Reply #7391 on: January 10, 2008, 08:46:45 pm »

Ines and Laura.  Do you mind if I ask what version of windows you are running?  All my reading online has lead me to believe the the problem might lie in the version of Windows.  I'm running XP and I have read a method of how to get around my "problem", but I just don't know how to do what it says LOL.  Just curious.

Ines - I echo Mel's sentiment.  Love the video and the song you chose for it.  Especially the ending YAY!!!  I just hope one day I'll have one to share also. Cheesy

Please read Forum Rules
Miranda
Town Selectman

Community Points: 775

Call me Mira

View Profile
« Reply #7392 on: January 10, 2008, 09:05:32 pm »

Star If you saw Luke or/ or Lorelai after they kissed that last episode of series...what would you say to them? Star [/color]

I'd be all excited for them... Not say too much though, because I wouldn't want them to feel as if the whole town was watching and that we push them  Grin
« Last Edit: January 11, 2008, 06:56:45 am by Miranda » Logged

Thanks sis (Katinka a.k.a Snowy_Duerre)
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

View Profile
« Reply #7393 on: January 11, 2008, 05:56:19 am »

Star If you saw Luke or/ or Lorelai after they kissed that last episode of series...what would you say to them? Star [/color]

I'd be all excited for them... Not say to much though, because I wouldn't want them to feel as if the whole town was watching and that we push them  Grin
Haha! I would totally say something and let them know we were pushing them to get back together ALL the way!! Tongue Though, I'm sure they could feel that, in that small of a town! I don't know that I would honestly say too much except maybe something alone the lines of I hope this special moment signifies many more like this to come. Or something of that sort. I have to keep imagining that they are making a beautiful life together and are happy in each other's arms!! Hearts

~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
the girls4ever
Town Selectman

Community Points: 727

He's Dazzling

View Profile
« Reply #7394 on: January 11, 2008, 07:57:24 pm »

Caryn, I have Windows XP as well. I'm so sorry you're having problems. I wish I could be of more help   Undecided

As for the kiss question, I actually kind of wished that as they panned back to the party, everyone would have stopped what they were doing and looked over at them kissing. That just seems so Stars Hollow to me that someone would notice and would tell everyone to look  Cheesy What I would have done is probably congratulate them and wish them all the best. But not without saying "it's about darn time!"  Cheesy

-Laura-

Twilight
70% Headliner 30% Literati, Java Junkie always
Brenda is my partner in crime~Love to the Sprees & Lits
Pages: 1 ... 491 492 [493] 494 495 ... 508
  Print  

Jump to: