GilmoreGirls.org Forum
January 20, 2022, 02:26:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 490 491 [492] 493 494 ... 508
  Print  
Author Topic: Java Junkies (Lorelai and Luke) - We all love the chick beer!  (Read 1597045 times)
*Java Junkie*
Town Resident

Community Points: 29

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7365 on: January 03, 2008, 09:28:05 pm »

I have a very good idea for a video for the challenge that will be at the same time my present for the wedding lol.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2008, 10:20:46 pm by *Java Junkie* » Logged

honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1944

View Profile
« Reply #7366 on: January 03, 2008, 09:42:47 pm »

My JJ New Year's Challenge is a video that I made a while ago. It's my most popular L/L vid and it really shows how they're meant to be. There is a destiny between them and no matter what happens they find their way back to one another. I know that this is all true because they're the main couple but they have a bond that is unbreakable and a love that is forever.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RwkulizXees

Wow Laura that is awesome.  I loved it!!  SO perfectly done and the way you use the black and white scenes for them remembering is fantastic. Have I mentioned how brilliant it is? Cheesy  Okay, so are videos easy to make?  What program do you use?  Would love some tips if you ever have the time.

Please read Forum Rules
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #7367 on: January 03, 2008, 10:16:15 pm »

I second exactly what Caryn said, Laura!! I'll take the pointers too, and want to know a good program to use to make videos too! If anyone has any advice on that topic, I'd be all ears! Thanks for sharing the video with us, Laura!! *pretty stick*

And a reminder that the New Year's JJ Challenge is not a contest! Just something fun to share with everyone! A way to keep things fresh and alive and just to keep creative! No pressure in participation either! Grin

Can't wait to see what you all come up with!

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
bingbong
Town Selectman

Community Points: 1271

View Profile
« Reply #7368 on: January 03, 2008, 11:39:27 pm »

Great video, Laura! I agree with Caryn about the use of b&w. And i laughed at the sight of Lorelai's happy face for the snow, next to Luke's shuddering face. Smiley

Signature courtesy of SKFTEX
Miranda
Town Selectman

Community Points: 775

Call me Mira

View Profile
« Reply #7369 on: January 04, 2008, 03:56:39 am »

Laura, I love that video! Happens to be one of my favorite singers and songs! Thanks for sharing

Thanks sis (Katinka a.k.a Snowy_Duerre)
Seni
Town Selectman

Community Points: 594

Literati forever

View Profile
« Reply #7370 on: January 04, 2008, 09:03:54 am »

Laura - lol, what a coincidence. I just commented that video of yours and I come here and you've posted the link  Grin No wonder it's the most popular it really is brilliant.

Grey's Anatomy - McLove
-Me and Amber never stop eating - Betty when you call me, you can call me Al-
-The Lit Who Couldn't Decide-
the girls4ever
Town Selectman

Community Points: 727

He's Dazzling

View Profile
« Reply #7371 on: January 04, 2008, 12:22:03 pm »

Thanks everyone!  Smiley Out of all my Gilmore Girls videos, that one is my personal favorite.

Caryn and Mel: With a user friendly program, making movies is quite easy! I just use what came on my computer, Windows Movie Maker. It's super simple and it's what I would recommend to first time video makers. I downloaded a free trial of a fancy program and I was completely lost! I will never stray from WMM again  Cheesy There's a timeline at the bottom and you just drag and drop the clips and the song (only accepts mp3 file) down there. If you put your cursor on the clip at either end you can trim it down. There's a good amount of effects and types of clip transitions to choose from. I don't know if it's already on your computers but if not if you do a search for it at download.com it should be there. The only pain with videos is downloading the clips and getting them on the program  Tongue  If you two or anyone else has any questions just shoot me a PM  Wink

-Laura-

Twilight
70% Headliner 30% Literati, Java Junkie always
Brenda is my partner in crime~Love to the Sprees & Lits
Seni
Town Selectman

Literati forever

View Profile
« Reply #7372 on: January 04, 2008, 12:32:01 pm »

I use WMM too, but I'm thinking about using something else. Because maybe it is simple, but it's really slow sometimes...can get on my nerves easily.  Grin but it's not like that's a hard thing  Grin

Grey's Anatomy - McLove
the girls4ever
Town Selectman

He's Dazzling

View Profile
« Reply #7373 on: January 04, 2008, 12:34:13 pm »

I use WMM too, but I'm thinking about using something else. Because maybe it is simple, but it's really slow sometimes...can get on my nerves easily.  Grin but it's not like that's a hard thing  Grin

Right, I forgot to mention that  Tongue  It does tend to go slow and kind of delays and/or freezes up completely. I save the file a lot and often. If I could find an easy, FREE program I would consider dumping WMM. Hit the road Jack!  Cheesy

-Laura-

Twilight
Seni
Town Selectman

Literati forever

View Profile
« Reply #7374 on: January 04, 2008, 12:38:54 pm »

Totally. hahaha this was funny:

It does tend to go slow and kind of delays and/or freezes up completely.

Anyways...not to be offtopic...since I didn't really participate in the wedding planning and I have no idea why..well anyway...where did Luke and Lorelai go for their honeymoon?

Grey's Anatomy - McLove
the girls4ever
Town Selectman

He's Dazzling

View Profile
« Reply #7375 on: January 04, 2008, 12:44:05 pm »

Totally. hahaha this was funny:

It does tend to go slow and kind of delays and/or freezes up completely.

Haha it's the fine print on the product  Wink

Anyways...not to be offtopic...since I didn't really participate in the wedding planning and I have no idea why..well anyway...where did Luke and Lorelai go for their honeymoon?

Ummm last time there was an update it was a tie between Bali, Rome, and Barcelona...and then the person never came back!  Cheesy Sooooo, wherever you think they are, that's where they are  Wink 

-Laura-

Twilight
*Java Junkie*
Town Resident

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7376 on: January 04, 2008, 12:45:03 pm »

your video is awesome Laura. Grin

Seni
Town Selectman

Literati forever

View Profile
« Reply #7377 on: January 04, 2008, 12:55:15 pm »

I think they're in Rome. That's the closest to me  Grin

Grey's Anatomy - McLove
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #7378 on: January 05, 2008, 12:08:26 am »

Hey, thanks, Laura and Ines!! *pretty sticks* for the help! I have a stupid question...where do you get the clips? Can you make your own if you have the dvd's? I have WMM on my laptop that came with windows vista I think! So, I'll have to check that out tomorrow! I'm excited!! Thanks again for your help! I'll let you know if I have any questions once I start to mess around with the program a bit. I find that I figure things out best when I just dig in!  Grin

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
laurygilmore
Town Resident

Laura

View Profile
« Reply #7379 on: January 05, 2008, 06:04:01 am »

Wow, Laura, I loved the vid! <3

I tried to do some videos, but I'm quite clumsy! I did one with pictures instead of clips, but it's not the same. I have WMM and is very good, easy to use and you get great results. WMM was already installed in my computer. I have another one for videos, it's called HomeVideo-Maker. It's very similar to WMM, with some differences but the same.

Sooks, I guess you can get your clips from the dvd's, but you can also visit www.gilmorefan.com to get them

Trip from Spain to NYC: $12
Orchestra seatings for Guys and Dolls: $506
Lauren Graham carrying our gifts for 6 days: priceless!!

June 9 - June 14 -> best week ever!
Icon and signature by me
Pages: 1 ... 490 491 [492] 493 494 ... 508
  Print  

Jump to: