GilmoreGirls.org Forum
December 06, 2021, 04:14:36 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: 4.14 - The Incredible Shrinking Lorelais  (Read 59274 times)
mtflover101
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2007, 06:23:15 pm »

This is another great episode for the series. It shows that life is unfair and that Sookie and Lorelai need money for their inn. I like how Sookie thinks of Luke and then asks Lorelai to do it since Luke would probably say yes. I am not a fan of Dean/Rory so I didn't like how she leaned on him even when it was a sweet moment. I loved the Luke/Lorelai things in this episode. Luke was so cute when Lorelai asked him to go to dinner, he was like, 'Oh. I wonder what thats about.' I loved Lorelai's panic attack. Lauren is great at the crying thing and Scott/Luke was a good comforter.

L/L R/J
conradv
Diner Owner

Community Points: 318

"I'll do the Chicken Dance on my Lunch Break."

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2007, 06:27:30 pm »

I posted this in another thread, so I thought I'd post it here, since this episode is in my top 5.

Damn, she's so good in The Incredible Shrinking Lorelais (which was on tonight).

She doesn't get nearly enough credit for episodes like this.

Luke: I mean you look distracted.

Lorelai: Distracted? No, well, maybe, yeah, distracted, okay, sure, I'm very distracted.

Luke: Anything I can do?

Lorelai: You know there are very few times in my life when I find my self sitting around, thinking I wish I was married, but today... I... I'm happy, you know? I like my life, I like my friends, I like my... stuff. My time, my space, my TV.

Luke: Sure.

Lorelai: But every now and then, just for a moment I wish I had a partner, someone to pick up the slack, someone to wait for the cable guy, make ME coffee in the morning. Meet the stupid sink before it gets shipped back to Canada!

Luke: What happened?

Lorelai: I just thought I had everything under control, but I didn't and the inn is just falling apart. This has been my dream forever and I have it and it's here and I'm failing and I can't handle it, I just spend every minute running around and working and thinking and I thought I would have help but Sookie has Davey and Michel has Celine and I'm... I can't do it all by myself! And I don't even have time to see my kid anymore, hell forget see her, just even talk to her and I miss her. And I sat there in my parents' house just listening to my grandma basically call me a charity case and I couldn't even argue with her, I couldn't even say anything, because I am, I'm running out of money! And I was going to ask you for $30,000 at dinner tonight, that's how pathetic I am.

(Thanks Melissa for the sig)
Tucker
Town Resident

Community Points: 22

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2007, 02:02:43 pm »

Funny how they're both getting comforted by married men   :Smiley

Still a great episode. I've seen it like 10 times and still manage to get watery eyed  Embarrassed

Also, I'm pretty sure this is the first episode that Lorelai and Rory dont actually talk to eachother... Probably why it didnt have as many funny moments IMO.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2007, 02:05:18 pm by Tucker » Logged

LoveMe011
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 104

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 07, 2007, 01:49:47 pm »

i think this episode gives a glimpse of real-life in the middle of what's usually picture-perfect gilmore land. the gilmore girls have always had enough money to eat takeout 7 nights a week, buy new clothes whenever they felt the need, eat at luke's daily, get coffee anytime of day...and now we see that lorelai has literally run out of options financially as far as the dragonfly is concerned. luke has offered to help her before, when she had "termites" and didnt have enough money to pay to have the problem with the house taken care of. but i think it was a good thing that she finally agreed to accept help from luke in this situation.

as for rory, i felt bad for her because her grandparents do force this standard upon her, making her feel like she HAS to take five classes because she HAS to live up to her grandparents' expectations and exceed as well as everyone else in the gilmore line has at yale. family is supposed to be there for love and support, not to put in place high expectations and pass judgement if those expectations are met.

i think the fact that rory and lorelai hadn't gotten a chance to speak to one another in a while also had an impact on both their meltdowns. they lean on each other for support, and they kept missing one another's calls. i know that had to be frustrating and only add to the stresses they were already experiencing.

[Cassy]
-Literati.
-Java Junkie.

Rory:I love you, mom.
Lorelai:Aw...kid, you have no idea.
starshells
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 7

I'm Glad He Didn't Smoke It

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 03, 2008, 03:17:19 pm »

My FAVORITE part was at the end when Rory was with Dean (Even though I'm Literati ALL the way!) and Lorelai was with Luke. It really shoed where the relationships were gopign to be in the season(s) to come.

I felt bad for Lane when she ran into her mom...  Cry

I still DON'T LIKE JASON!  Tongue

^ sig by gilmorefriend
<33 Literati Fan~ Java Junkies Forever! <33
thevoid99
Diner Regular

Community Points: 19

Shame on our dirty little hearts

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: March 03, 2008, 05:27:39 pm »

This was a great episode.  Paris' feud with Janet over Janet's boyfriend.  Lane meeting her mom as she returns to Stars Hollow.  Michel getting to see Celine Dion. 

Yet, it was more dramatic than funny.  I feel bad for Rory.  Suggested to drop a class while trying to live up to her family's standards.  She stumbled a bit but she can get herself back up.  I felt for when she was pouring her heart out to Dean, of all people.

I also felt sorry for Lorelei.  It was bad enough she's trying to manage everything but Trix's criticism was definitely uncalled for.  I'm glad her parents stood up for her with Jason looking uncomfortable after his meeting with Trix.  Lorelei crying to Luke about everything. 

Not a good day for the Gilmore Girls.  Damn you Trix!  Damn you professor!
katlyn13579
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 18

Happy Birthday Lauren!!!

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 03, 2008, 06:12:43 pm »

I love this episode! It is so sweet the way those guys (luke and dean) comforted Rori and Lorelai when they needed it most. Luke looked so surprise when Lorelai asked him to dinner. Then Dean you could tell he loved comforting Rori. I knew from the way luke huged Lorelai that they were getting closer every day. I was so frustrated though that Rori and Lorelai kep missing each others calls it was sad.

roryshmory
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 11

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 04, 2008, 03:40:02 pm »

I totally agree with everything you wrote, katlyn!  I would have hated it if I was Dean's wife, but aside from that it was cute!  The ending with Lorelai and Rory being comforted by their boys was my favorite!  I could watch that part over and over and over!!

And does anyone else think it's lame that someone would call their own MOTHER "Trix"?  And Emily's expression was funny when Richard stood up to his mother.
nicgc1
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2008, 02:59:56 am »

Loved emily's reaction when richard stood up to his mother. emily is probably my favourite character. great episode. love season 4
gg crazy
Diner Chef

Community Points: 4

:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2008, 10:48:22 am »

It was so sweet of dean 2 b there 4 rory when lorelai couldn't its so nice. u can tell he still loved her! Cheesy Hearts

LoveMe011
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 104

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 04, 2008, 10:45:47 am »

Was anyone else shocked that Gran (for once) didn't blame something on Emily? I was. The only thing I didn't understand about that argument was why Lorelai really didn't assert herself and stand up to Gran. I think she should have explained to Gran that she would handle the situation and that it, quite frankly, was none of Gran's business. Gran is rarely (if ever) involved in Lorelai's life, and the only time she becomes involved is when she is in disagreement with the situation at hand. Lorelai would have done well to point this fact out, although that probably would have only angered Gran and Richard and made Emily laugh. Speaking of Emily laughing, I thought it was hilarious when Gran and Richard were arguing, and it kept showing Emily smirking at Gran, looking back and forth between her and Richard. I know that had to be a good feeling, because she's always had Gran picking on her and Richard brushing it off as if it was no big deal, and FINALLY he is standing up to Gran rather than just agreeing with everything she says. Not only is Emily smirking at Gran, but she's also interjecting and giving Richard ammunition. "You payed that money back in TWO MONTHS, Richard" Priceless.

I really enjoyed the scene where Lorelai is venting to Luke about her situation and crying on his shoulder. Him with his arm around her and his chin on her head, just holding her close and letting her cry, was the sweetest thing I've possibly ever seen. Luke isn't a man of many words, but his few words here were perfect..."You are not failing." Short, sweet, and to the point. *Sigh*

I did not equally enjoy the similar scene between Rory and Dean, for obvious reasons. I was glad when Dean was out of the picture a WHILE ago, in addition to the fact that Dean is married and scenarios like this one, where he has his arm around Rory, just aren't appropriate between a married man and his non-wife. Fact is fact. It was sweet of Dean to care and be willing to lend a shoulder, but he has to be very careful since he is married...but his feelings for Rory overrule his judgement, both in this scene and in times to come.

[Cassy]
-Literati.
-Java Junkie.

Rory:I love you, mom.
Lorelai:Aw...kid, you have no idea.
dianakarenina
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 16, 2008, 08:58:24 pm »

Lol, I honestly feel like rory! I'm trying my damndest to do my best and be the top of the class! So I'm taking on so much stuff! I actually feel abit drowned, and scared I'm gonna fail! This episode really relates to me right now Smiley

don't worry.. you'll make it Smiley just like rory always does!!
iatmyhome
Town Troubadour

Community Points: -5

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 26, 2009, 06:35:35 pm »

I love the way Luke holds Lorelai and tells her that she is not a failure.

yes he is wonderful
Gilmore Gyrlie
Town Resident

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2009, 10:03:18 am »

Paris had me in stitches when she was raggin Janet's BF, but she slipped in some great zingers too.

Have to agree with her on one thing, Lane needed to go.

The scene when Richard told off Mrs. C was AWESOME!

related and felt more for Lorelai's meltdown, being a single mom myself.

Sometimes it does feel like the walls are closing in and you need to vent.

Rory annoyed me and came off like a petulant child, drop the class and keep it movin. :Smiley

She acted like the world was coming to an end over something that wasn't that serious.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 10:05:05 am by Gilmore Gyrlie » Logged
lessa
Diner Chef

Community Points: 286

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2011, 02:22:42 am »

Lorelai's and Rory's twin meltdowns hit me at a strange point in my life. Just trying to do everything on my own and needing someone, finding out to whom I run when things fall apart, who I really need when I feel like I'm failing, was kind of an eye-opener. Seeing my Gilmore Girls go through it again was a sturdy reminder of how much I should cherish the very special person and people who propped me up when I needed it the most and without whom I might not have made it to where I am.

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: