GilmoreGirls.org Forum
December 06, 2021, 03:56:04 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  
Author Topic: 4.14 - The Incredible Shrinking Lorelais  (Read 59270 times)
TheHumanCoffeePot
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 58

Full-on Poltergeist voice: I'm baaaaaack.

View Profile WWW
« on: October 16, 2005, 07:02:32 pm »

Summary: Although she is completely exhausted by her heavy workload at Yale, Rory (Alexis Bledel) is still horrified when a professor suggests she drop a class, and she confesses her self-doubt to her former boyfriend Dean (Jared Padalecki), who is working in the construction crew at the Dragonfly Inn. Meanwhile, frustrated because she can never get Rory on the phone and by the nonstop work involved in getting the Dragonfly ready to open, Lorelai (Lauren Graham) first accuses Sookie (Melissa McCarthy) of not pulling her weight, then turns to Luke (Scott Patterson) for help and advice. Finally, Richard (Edward Herrmann) is infuriated when he and Lorelai both get a taste of the nastiness that Gran (guest-star Marion Ross) usually reserves for Emily (Kelly Bishop).

...JavaJunkie above all else...Noddie...Foodie...Logan-Loather...closet Literati...Lauren fan...
dancer1012
Town Elder

Community Points: 528

I'm in LOVE with Edward Cullen <3

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2005, 08:37:01 pm »

I love this episode even though it is very sad it is a step in the right direction for Lorelai and Luke and my favorite part is when Rory goes looking for Lorelai and when Lorelai goes to cancel dinner with Luke because they were both upset and they hadn't seen or talked to each other in a long time and I love the fact that through everything that has happened between Rory and Dean they are still friends. And I love the look on Lukes face when he was able to comfort Lorelai.

*~*Mary*~*
Darling & I + ebay=dying of laughter
<3 In love..
MurphyFan595
Diner Chef

Community Points: 63

Oh how I wish we could go back...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2005, 03:06:04 pm »

I like the two scenes where Rory and Lorelai are brearking down because it shows the difference between when Lauren plays a character that's crying and then Alexis does.  THis is just my opinion but I think that Lauren makes it seem more believable.

(cause they're all important)

As Always:
equestrian is a sport
Laaaura
Town Resident

Community Points: 50

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2005, 10:19:37 pm »

I love the way Luke holds Lorelai and tells her that she is not a failure.

dancer1012
Town Elder

Community Points: 528

I'm in LOVE with Edward Cullen <3

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 01, 2006, 03:46:45 pm »

I love the way Luke holds Lorelai and tells her that she is not a failure.

Nice picture. I like that too. I also liked the way that Dean told Rory that she isn't a failure.

*~*Mary*~*
Darling & I + ebay=dying of laughter
<3 In love..
ILoveLorelai
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 26

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2006, 08:56:05 am »

What I like best is that Lorelai & Rory try to contact each other first, and only then do they turn to the men in their life for support.

"Would you like a fry with your evilness?
Laaaura
Town Resident

Community Points: 50

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2006, 01:49:12 pm »

How come everywhere on the internet they have the title of this episode as "The Incredible Shrinking Lorelai's"? I was always confused about that and swore it was supposed to be the Sinking Lorelai's because that would make more sense. Well I just watched this episode from my DVDs last night, and yeah, on there it's titled "The Incredible Sinking Lorelai's." I was like "aww, I knew it! Sinking makes much more sense." lol.

missmystery
Town Resident

Community Points: 7

.:Oy with the poodles already!:.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2006, 08:38:36 am »

This eppy is soo sad. Poor Lorelai and Rory. I was happy when Luke, in the next eppisode, gave Lorelai the money. He really cares about her.  Smiley He is so sweet to her. So was Dean to Rory. It was funny how Lorelai and Rory were saying almost the exact same thing when they were upset. but, I hated it when Lorelai's grandmother started calling her a charity case. That was way too mean. It was funny, though, when Emily kept reminding Richard about how good they were about paying back Gran.

.:Michel: You know what happens when you assume:.
.:Lorelai: What?:.
.:Michel: I don't know! Something about a donkey. Some stupid American phrase:.
Lorein_ARG

Community Points: 52

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2006, 08:14:05 pm »

This eppy was sad but also nice, because we get to know that Lorelai is not always happy and her life is hard too. I always thought how weird it was that, even when Lorelai had a boyfriend, she never went to him to tell her problems... she could count more on Luke than in Jason.
Some eppys later when Trix dies and Jason doesn´t want to go to the wake because "he does not enjoy them" Come on! Who enjoys that! Again, he wasn´t there for her.

Oh, I can't stop drinking the coffee. I stop drinking coffee, I stop doing the standing and walking and the words putting-into-sentence doing.
tv_lindy
Town Resident

Community Points: 59

"Would you just stand still?"

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2006, 08:45:43 pm »

How come everywhere on the internet they have the title of this episode as "The Incredible Shrinking Lorelai's"? I was always confused about that and swore it was supposed to be the Sinking Lorelai's because that would make more sense. Well I just watched this episode from my DVDs last night, and yeah, on there it's titled "The Incredible Sinking Lorelai's." I was like "aww, I knew it! Sinking makes much more sense." lol.

Wow... I always thought it was "Shrinking", as a reference to "The Incredible Shrinking Woman".  But you are right, I checked my DVD and it is "Sinking".  Hmmmm...

"When a woman gives birth to a crack baby, you do not buy her a puppy!" - Emily Gilmore

All hail the brilliant Amy Sherman-Palladino...  Don't leave us!  Come back, Amy!  Come back! 
Give Lauren Graham an Emmy!
Gilmore_LLover
Town Troubadour

Community Points: -3

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 20, 2006, 10:42:50 am »

This eppy is soo sad. Poor Lorelai and Rory. I was happy when Luke, in the next eppisode, gave Lorelai the money. He really cares about her.  Smiley He is so sweet to her. So was Dean to Rory. It was funny how Lorelai and Rory were saying almost the exact same thing when they were upset. but, I hated it when Lorelai's grandmother started calling her a charity case. That was way too mean. It was funny, though, when Emily kept reminding Richard about how good they were about paying back Gran.

Yah, Luke is so good to Lorelai, i love how he supports her and cares for her!

"Those jeans are really working for you. They're working for me, too... That's all I can do right now. People are watching. But tonight I will give you my extremely positive views on other aspects of your being." Luke

LORELAI: "Tom, I'm lovin' you like a two dollar whore"
TOM: "Terrific..."
GilmoreFan623

Community Points: 23

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2006, 01:58:03 pm »

Love this eposide because of the whole L/L thing! Thought it was sooooooooo sweet how Luke comforts her and all that! I got to hand it to Luke, he is one great guy!!

I <33 Gilmore Girls!!

Hi, im Allie!
Merovia
Town Resident

Community Points: 8

supercalifragilistic

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2006, 02:54:18 am »

I really likes this episode, with the Lorelai/Rory being simultaneously upset and avoid confiding in eachother, but still use almost the same words to express their feelings.

Also I liked that Richard got to see a different side of his beloved mother, to see that she isn't just the saintly person he has made out in mind...

"Stop Trying to Be Perfect and Start Being Remarkable"
LandL_4ever
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2006, 08:12:12 pm »

this is one of my favorite episodes just because of luke and lorelai parts..when he is conforting her and he gives her 30.300 $ the next episode and she writes thank you on the napkin and hes like "what could you possibly need?" and then hes like... ooo your welcome..  Wink
Gilmorefan xx
Diner Regular

Community Points: 61

Tuesday-No GG? I'm sorry, I can't comprehend that

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 22, 2006, 03:35:02 pm »

I loved this episode too!I liked how they showed how similar rory and lorelai are.I was just wondering why they never brought up what Jess said in the last episode at all.?

August 6th! 
Pages: [1] 2 3
  Print  

Jump to: