GilmoreGirls.org Forum
December 06, 2021, 03:27:42 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  
Author Topic: 4.08 - Die, Jerk  (Read 40782 times)
LoveMe011
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 104

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2008, 09:48:17 pm »

I have mixed feelings about Rory's review of the ballet. Part of me says "Man, that's awesome! The world could use a few more honest people, that way untalented people don't walk around thinking they're legit." But the other part of me says "That ballerina spent her whole life dancing and rehearsing and learning, and in one review Rory not only criticized her ballet skills (or lake thereof) but also insulted her personally by comparing her to a hippo. Who deserves that?" So in a way I liked the review because we're all entitled to an opinion, but in another way I do think it was a bit harsh. Either way, Doyle liked it and Rory's article finally made it into the paper, so I guess it doesn't matter what I think then, does it? Smiley

Lorelai is definitely acting like a teenager in this episode, much like Rory acted while she was still with Dean over Jess and Shane. She wanted to know what was going on and it annoyed her when Shane was around, but she was also involved in a relationship and technically had no right to be so jealous of Jess and Shane's fling. Similarly, Lorelai has no business snooping into Luke's personal life because she didn't want Nicole around, even though she herself had a male companion to speak of. A little hypocritical, if you ask me. Oh well, like mother, like daughter.

Richard experimenting with the clarity and range of his WiFi signal is priceless, especially when he's in the corner by the staircase in the plant going "No signal over here." Jason did a great job getting Richard to invited him to join the party for dinner, but how completely RUDE was Emily in her efforts to stop Jason from staying? Emily is notorious for treating Lorelai that way, but her treating her husband's business partner in such a manner is unheard of...I was a little surprised by it. The way she treated Jason was more like how she'd treat him if she knew him as nothing other than Lorelai's boyfriend, but at this point the only judgement she really has to go on is the whole Atlantic City incident in which she got her feelings hurt when her dinner party idea was thrown out the window. Poor Emily...it's a hard knock life.

[Cassy]
-Literati.
-Java Junkie.

Rory:I love you, mom.
Lorelai:Aw...kid, you have no idea.
Gilmore Gyrlie
Town Resident

Community Points: 7

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2009, 06:41:15 pm »

Lorelai really let her jealousy over Nicole show in this  episode, it was a bit childish.

So now she will date the BRIDGE TROLL, to upset Emily and get back at Luke.

Typical GG behavior Indeed, I don't like Jason.

wonder  who was Paris's hit squad?

lessa
Diner Chef

Community Points: 286

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: April 07, 2009, 09:58:55 am »

Haha, probably a bunch of Janet's friends. She does know how to get the contacts.

I'm not expecting a whole lot of revisiting, because Kutner died on House last night. But there are a few things. It's no wonder Luke didn't tell Lorelai about the return of Nicole, frankly the whole situation is ridiculous and exactly the sort of nuttiness he devotes his life to avoiding. It's probably embarrassing. Then again, Lorelai really hurt Luke's feelings by dating everyone but him on her cas dating adventures, maybe Luke is just afraid he would hurt her feelings by admitting he actually will put up with dating insanity - just not with Lorelai.

Jason, geez. Is it even possible that Richard doesn't know what he's putting Emily through? He expects her to be graceful and gracious anyway, but forcing her to invite Jason for dinner so he wouldn't have to eat a burger (as if!) was a little cruel. "Now that you're a partner, my wife is at your disposal." Ugh.

And, of course, Doyle. Ahh, Doyle, Doyle, Doyle. I remember a time in FFy town when I thought he was too dull to make it as a main character, but I've never been so happy to be proven wrong. Rewatching Doyle's role from the beginning is a real revisiting experience because my opinion of the character changed so much from beginning to end. The peculiar mixture of blunt professionalism and gender-specific gentility is a lot more interesting now that I know it has the power to penetrate Paris's emotional boundaries.

lessa
Diner Chef

Community Points: 286

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 23, 2009, 11:13:34 pm »

Hey, I just thought of something. Rory learning to tap her inner savage to critique seemed like a throwback to Lorelai, like in Season One where she reluctantly learned things like flirting, popularity, and standing up to authority at her mother's constant, grating insistence. The way she tore the ballet apart without knowing anything about ballet just to get Doyle's attention was a lot like the way Lorelai shredded Luke's pretense of a sane relationship without any relevant expertise about relationships, marriage, or moving in with a partner.

And in the same way, Rory and Sandra are in the same boat, each learning how to cope with her first bad review. Luke and Sandra may be right that the Lorelais can be real jerks sometimes, but no matter how badly motivated the criticisms were, they were realities that the "dancer" and the "married guy" would have had to deal with anyway to follow the paths they were on.

QweenB
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 568

RIP Phantom

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2015, 09:18:44 pm »

I watched this one last night and have to say, my favourite part was the entire Friday night dinner:

* When Rory meets Jason "Digger" Stiles and calls him "Scooper"
* When Richard is completely fascinated with the new "WIFI"
* Emilys take on Atlantic City "Empty your trash can on the porch and sit there amongst the trash for the same effect"
* When Jason cons his way into family dinner by saying he is gonna have a dirty burger and Emily is so against him staying that she says that dirty burgers are awesome
* When Lorelai asks if you have to pay hookers to talk and Rory says that it depends on what they are doing at the time and Emily is disgusted
* When Jason wins Emily over in the end without her realising she is giving him venues to take Lorelai to for a date.

Very fun dinner it was Smiley Oh and we had lobster thermadore!

Courtney Fan!
Got me a hand full of Barbie!
Shut ya gob!
Ditto!
Honourary South Af
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Print  

Jump to: