GilmoreGirls.org Forum
December 06, 2021, 06:13:46 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77
  Print  
Author Topic: Fans over 30  (Read 291108 times)
ChocolateJunkie
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #1110 on: March 11, 2008, 10:35:08 pm »

Hi Sophia,
I'll be 25 in June & I'm a huge fan of Gilmore Girls!  I started watching when I was 19.  My mom is also a fan of GG and she'll be 46 this year.  Hope that helps!

Kayla.
roryshmory
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 11

View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: March 19, 2008, 11:00:41 pm »

I'm almost 29, but I saw another 28 year old post and no one got mad so I thought I would, too.  It seems like a lot of the people in the other discussions are teenagers.  Like..... does anyone in this over 30 room actually LIKE Jess while he was dating Rory?  I mean, I think he was immature, among other things.  But most people LOVE him.  Esp. the 13 year olds.  Sorry I know there's an unappreciation thread, I was just wondering about the age thing, and if anyone else thinks the same thing.
iowagilmore
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: March 20, 2008, 05:50:28 pm »

I never noticed this thread before.  I am over 30.  I was beginning to feel quite old.  Glad to know there's other GG fans in my age range!  Smiley
Loridhhp
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 125

Love heals all wounds

View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: March 21, 2008, 01:47:36 am »

Yep, there are other middle aged GG fans here. I'm Lori and I'm 43 going on 44 and a divorced, single mom of a 17 year old daughter. We're like the Gilmore Girls and we love the show. Oh and I think Jess was immature as well. He had a lot of baggage but did start to grow up when they wrote him out for good. The kids are all crushing on Milo, so of course Jess is the ultimate hottie! Lol! I like Logan cause, while he was a playboy, he also grew up on the show and took more responsibility for his life. Plus, he was more of a match for Rory as far as interests etc. Nice to see this thread picking up again.

Have a great day! Grin Lori  P.S. We should all wish Lauren Graham a belated happy birthday. It was this past Sunday, the 16th. She totally rocks! Her character has been a HUGE inspiration for me in my relationship with my daughter.  Grin

Lori: "Friends come and go but I'm your mother. I'll always be here for you."
Ariel: "What if I'm an Archeologist in Eygpt and I'm having hallucinations and manic?"
Lori: "Then I'll be on the next plane. I won't give up ever"
iowagilmore
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: March 22, 2008, 04:51:39 pm »

I'm 39.  However, I really enjoyed the show.  The characters were terrific! I miss watching it each week. 
tully
Town Resident

Community Points: 13

View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: March 23, 2008, 03:07:02 pm »

Well, I have every season and am back on 5 right now!  I love it and can watch it over and over.  When I need my GG's fix, it is right at my finger tips.  God love the DVD player!

I agree Rory I didn't like Jess either.  His teen anxt and rebellion was not one bit attractive to me.  I am 47 though so that could be a big reason.  Love Luke he was the man until season 7 when he became a shell of himself! Angry
roryshmory
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 11

View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: March 23, 2008, 05:48:24 pm »

I was a bit attracted to the rebels when I was in high school, but the show wasn't on when I was in high school.
Loridhhp
Gilmore Maid

Love heals all wounds

View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: March 25, 2008, 02:05:52 am »

Hey Tully! Luke may have become a shell of himself during season 7, but if there had been a season 8 we would have seen him become a better man than he ever was. I think the whole thing with April and the break up with Lorelai gave him cause to reevaluate his life and, toward the end, finally grow a pair and go after Lorelai. I just wish they wouldn't have left the relationship between Lorelai and Emily so unresolved. I mean Richard (post heart attack) became more appreciative of his daughter and softened toward her, but Emily STILL couldn't tell Lorelai how proud she was of her. That was a relationship dynamic, set up during the pilot, that I would have loved to see healed. After all, it was called  "Gilmore Girls" and I think Lorelai's relationship with her mother was just as important to the show as her relationship with her daughter.

I actually like Emily and saw myself in her. Because of that, I decided to heal the relationship I have with my own daughter by becoming less of an Emily and more of a Lorelai. Gilmore Girls has taught me many life lessons and will always be an important part of my life. Besides, we didn't get to see Lorelai go through another rite of passage... Empty Nest Syndrome! I so wanted to see how she dealt with Rory going out on her own, being their relationship was freakishly close and a bit codependent if you ask me! Lol! I will have to deal with that one day as my only child moves on with her life and I know it will be difficult. Has anyone dealt with the dreaded Empty Nest Syndrome with their own kids? I think Lorelai would have lost it on the show, but luckily Luke would help her through it.

Have a great day everyone!  Grin Lori

Ariel: "What if I'm an Archeologist in Eygpt and I'm having hallucinations and manic?"
Ggirlfan
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 90

Watch it all over again at the Viewing Party!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1118 on: March 26, 2008, 06:12:43 pm »

Yeah!  Posting in the over 30 thread!  I stop by every once in a while and recently posted in the "Mourning the end of Gilmore Girls Thread"  I mentioned that I couldn't get myself to buy Season 7 on dvd because I didn't like the way it ended.  One very nice fellow org. member suggested I give it a shot, and I did.  I have been watching Season 7 over and actually appreciating it more than I did when it was on tv.  I can appreciate the little things I missed the first time around by not being so impatient waiting for things to fall in place now that I know what happens.  This doesn't meant that I like how things ended so rushed and with no closure, but I am still crossing my fingers that it isn't completely over yet.  (Movie perhaps, now that ASP's new show is getting cancelled?)

Anyway, I agree Lori (*waves hi!*) that had there been a season 8, I think we would have seen Luke and Lorelai learn from their mistakes. I would have liked to have seen Lorelai and Emily resolve things better, Rory and Logan not ending so abruptly and so unbelievable considering everything they had weathered during their relationship.  I also liked Logan out of all Rory's boyfriends, by the way.  He did grow up in the couple years he was on, and became a great soul mate for Rory which is why I thought it was so disappointing when he just left so easily.

Lori, it really would have been interesting to watch Lorelai go through the empty nest syndrome.  I am getting a small taste of that, being a single mom and my son getting older and more independent.  Okay, he's only 11 Cheesy, but what a difference since he entered middle school and his social life has just exploded! I am forced to let go a little, which has been quite an adjustment for me!

~KRISTIN~
iowagilmore
Stars Hollow Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: March 28, 2008, 04:14:40 pm »

I am enjoying reading this thread.  I agree with most of your comments about Season 7, especially those about Luke.  It would have been interesting to see Lorelai go through the empty nest syndrome.  How would she have handled that? 
Loridhhp
Gilmore Maid

Love heals all wounds

View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: March 28, 2008, 11:49:02 pm »

First off... Hey Kristin! (*waves hi!*) Grin Okay, now on to the question of the day... Had season 8 been a reality, I think Lorelai would've had a hard time dealing with Rory being on the Obama campaign trail, but she would have Luke to help her through it. Season 8 could have shown the two of them getting closer and building up trust in each other again. I definitely didn't like the way that Logan just broke up with Rory when she turned his proposal down. I read somewhere that Matt Czuchry was supposed to come back if there was an eighth season, so I don't feel that that story line was finished. I think that Logan and Rory would have resolved their differences. He was definitely the most suitable for Rory, in my opinion, and he did grow up a lot. I think he was just hurt and left but Logan would come back. He loves Rory too much to just let her go because she wasn't ready to marry him.

The end of the show brought the tiniest glimmer of hope for Emily and Lorelai, when Lorelai agreed to continue Friday Night Dinners with her parents and Emily seemed  pleasantly surprised. I was hoping they would explore their relationship, now that Rory has left the nest and Lorelai and Emily could have something to relate too... the feelings of loss of their only daughters. I so wanted to see some healing in their relationship. I really hope Amy decides to do a movie to tie up all the loose ends and give us a more cohesive ending.

What do you think people? Do you think they can wrap things up with a 2 hour movie? It seems that it may be our only possibility, since the actors have moved on to other projects. Have a great day everyone!   Grin Lori

panache
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 2

View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: March 31, 2008, 09:52:18 am »

I"m over 60 and I LOVE Gilmore Girls.  I've always been curious though about who sings the background "La, La, La" musiic during the show.  Does anyone know?
Ggirlfan
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 90

Watch it all over again at the Viewing Party!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1122 on: March 31, 2008, 05:13:03 pm »

I"m over 60 and I LOVE Gilmore Girls. I've always been curious though about who sings the background "La, La, La" musiic during the show. Does anyone know?

That would be Sam Phillips!   Smiley

~KRISTIN~
lessa
Diner Chef

Community Points: 286

View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: April 09, 2008, 08:30:59 pm »

I thought she did the empty nest thing in season five when Rory dropped out. She was a little rash proposing to Luke, but getting a dog seemed to work out better than the funny, funny pet stories from season one would have suggested.

Hi everybody, it's been so long, all of you have different hair!

Loridhhp
Gilmore Maid

Love heals all wounds

View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: April 13, 2008, 01:47:16 am »

Hey Lessa! *waves* Nah, I still have the same hair. It's just grayer! Lol! Grin  Yeah, Paul Anka was a good diversion for Lorelai in season 6 but moving out of state is a whole other ball of wax. I think that would've had a more profound effect on Lorelai. She definitely would've missed Rory to no end.

Have a great day everyone!  Lori Grin

Pages: 1 ... 73 74 [75] 76 77
  Print  

Jump to: