GilmoreGirls.org Forum
December 03, 2021, 01:52:25 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Poll
Question: Who do you want lorelai to marry???
Luke
Chris
Max
Jason
Someone else

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
  Print  
Author Topic: An 8th Gilmore Season?? Who knows... Your thoughts!  (Read 37211 times)
Anamater
« Reply #15 on: July 22, 2006, 07:54:39 pm »

I have heard the show will end after the next season. Here's what I'd like to see.
Rory gets pregnant by Logan, but ends up with Jess. Loralai gets a firm talking to from April, and goes back to Luke, who has meanwhile been spending more time with April's mom. The next wedding in town should be Kirk and Lulu's. Taylor dies of old age and health issues, bringing about the irrevocable urbanization of Star's Hollow (Nothing lasts forever). Mrs. Kim begins hounding Lane about grandchildren, and Hep Alien finally gets their big break now that Zack is comfortable. Brian developes a short-lived very passive/aggressive romantic relationship with Paris, built on their mutual sensativities, after Paris and Doyle split for good. Chris reconciles with G.G's mom. Lorelai, after a rude rebuff from Luke, finds Rachel to commiserate with, and gets the advice she needs on how to fix it with Luke. And end the whole thing with a future dream in which Paris joins the senate,  Rory becomes a foreign correspondant, and Lorelai has another child.

Just brainstorming. I'd be suprised if any of these (well, more than one or two) turn out. Grin
GilmoreGirlNumber3
Town Resident

Community Points: -2

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 22, 2006, 08:03:24 pm »

I think that it will be crazy enough in the 7th season, because they are saying that this might be the last of GG because our LL and Rory are not signed to more then this years contract and they most likely won't join again. I think that if there is an end to this next season (season 7) and there will be another season I think that (7th season) should end with Rory graduating from Yale but with a little twist. I think the twist should be that Rory and Logan have kept a secert, a dark one, one like how a few nights before graduation they took a trip to NYC and on the way got married. That would drive people bonkers!!! I love the idea of Rory and Logan. I'm pretty sure that if this is (7th season) the last of the GG that they will not just leave Rory standing there while Luke and LL get married, it would look silly and make her whole prasona seem unconventional, I'm most sertain, not that I have the facts, that Rory will end up with Logan.

Think clearly, Rory isn't going to be alone while LL is happy and married - come on!
Jessloverforever
Diner Owner

Community Points: 43

. . .

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 23, 2006, 11:35:20 am »

Ok here are the things i hope will happen, if season seven is the last.

First i would like rory to be pregnant from logan, yet come back to Jess and he could raise the child. So basically im saying that Rory would dump Logan. Then Rory will marry Jess and she will move to Philidelphia with jess and raise the baby. Then i would see Lorelai going back to Luke after she finds out that she's made a huge mistake. Luke takes a while to forgive her, but finally agree's. Paris marry's doyle. And becomes a journalist. Rory also becomes a foriegn corrospondent. Lorelai and Luke get married in the same church on the same day at the same time with Jess and Rory. And it ends with Rory's graduation.

:: Literati :: Java Junkie :: Noddie ::

Love ya Brenda!! <3
Jessloverforever
Diner Owner

. . .

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2006, 11:36:36 am »

Ok here are the things i hope will happen, if season seven is the last.

First i would like rory to be pregnant from logan, yet come back to Jess and he could raise the child. So basically im saying that Rory would dump Logan. Then Rory will marry Jess and she will move to Philidelphia with jess and raise the baby. Then i would see Lorelai going back to Luke after she finds out that she's made a huge mistake. Luke takes a while to forgive her, but finally agree's. Paris marry's doyle. And becomes a journalist. Rory also becomes a foriegn corrospondent. Lorelai and Luke get married in the same church on the same day at the same time with Jess and Rory. And it ends with Rory's graduation.

Love ya Brenda!! <3
kimono
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2006, 02:14:58 pm »

I heard from a friend - who read somewhere online i assume - that the writers wrote the ending to gg early on and it ended when rory graduated from Yale. Has anyone else heard anything like that?? I would to see rory start working and life moving on future seasons.

I don't anyone should be getting pregnant, especially not rory, but I like the idea of Kirk's marriage and possibly deaths, of Taylor and maybe some other more main character.

Jessloverforever
Diner Owner

. . .

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2006, 06:46:27 am »

I heard from a friend - who read somewhere online i assume - that the writers wrote the ending to gg early on and it ended when rory graduated from Yale. Has anyone else heard anything like that?? I would to see rory start working and life moving on future seasons.

I don't anyone should be getting pregnant, especially not rory, but I like the idea of Kirk's marriage and possibly deaths, of Taylor and maybe some other more main character.

I agree. Plus, i heard that too. You know, that the yale graduation would be the finale. I dont know, i just hope it isn't because i would also like to see rory start working and move on with her life.

Love ya Brenda!! <3
ellisoccer11
Town Resident

Community Points: 6

Gilmore Addict

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2006, 09:32:20 am »

i think luke and lorelai will get back together, and i think lorelai will adopt april and also have another kid with luke. i really hope that theres an eigth season!

***ELLI***

big head want dolly

special? like stop eating the paste kind of spacial?

thanks to melissa (aka MasBYUgal) for the very cool sig
Jessloverforever
Diner Owner

. . .

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2006, 11:13:48 am »

i think luke and lorelai will get back together, and i think lorelai will adopt april and also have another kid with luke. i really hope that theres an eigth season!

That sounds good, except for the part about adopting april. I hate her, and wish she never came!

Love ya Brenda!! <3
Stars-n-Moons
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 14

Seven Super Seasons!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2006, 02:47:53 pm »

Okay, as much as I love GG and would want it to last forever, I would rather it end as a great show with people wanting more, than as a overdone predictable dull show. 

I think that this season is going to be very dramatic, actually, I know this season will be very dramatic (if you don't believe me, just go read the spoiler threads Wink. But anyway, Alexis and Lauren's contracts are only through season seven and from previous interviews, it seems as if Alexis is not excited about extending her contract much after that. I think that Dave will do a good job of summing it all up.  So, as much as I love GG, I'm guessing that there wont be a 8th season.  Hey, we don't want it to turn into a soap-opera, now do we? Wink

[color=FF0071]If it had to end, I am at least glad it ended with people wanting more... help keep the memories alive![/color]
Jessloverforever
Diner Owner

. . .

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2006, 03:25:19 pm »

Hey, we don't want it to turn into a soap-opera, now do we?

I disagree. Just because a tv show goes beyond 7 seasons, doesn't mean it automatically becomes a soap opera. And as much as i agree that it wouldn't be good if GG became a soap opera, i just think that it would be fun to have another season after seven. I understand that Lauren and Alexis's contracts are up, however, also in the spoiler threads, they say that they would be willing to do another season if this one is fun and exciting. Plus, Lauren says that if Alexis will do another, so will she. Im sure that the show could be summed up in one more season, but i think the show could still be great, and not lose its charm, even if it continued past seven seasons. I think a lot of things could happen in a season eight. Rory might start working, she could get married, Luke and Lorelai could start a family, somebody might move. There are numerous things that could happen beyond a seventh season. And currently, I am hoping for an eighth, just because i love the show and I think all the more seasons would just be all the more better. And i dont think there is any harm to the show, past season seven.

Love ya Brenda!! <3
Lovefiend
Yale Alumnus

Community Points: 905

Shary's Stalkee, Lexie is my lil sis/ R.I.P BF

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2006, 03:43:21 pm »

Personally, I think an 8th will be too much. It's alreayd starting to get a little tedious as far as I'm concerend. I Think it will end peacefully after season 7. After that it's just like clinging onto a lost youth. Plus, Lauren said she doesn't want to stay just for sercurity.

~I wish I could touch you again, I wish I could still call you friend, I'd give, anything... ~

MiniPink
Jessloverforever
Diner Owner

. . .

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2006, 09:58:49 am »

Personally, I think an 8th will be too much. It's alreayd starting to get a little tedious as far as I'm concerend. I Think it will end peacefully after season 7. After that it's just like clinging onto a lost youth. Plus, Lauren said she doesn't want to stay just for sercurity.

I dont agree with all of that. I dont think that an eighth season will be too much. I think the show could go on for how ever many seasons it wanted to, and not get boring or tedious. The show has an amazing storyline, that can be carried on for a while. There are numerous things that could happen in the show,  past season seven. And maybe laurens contract is up, and maybe she doesn't want to stay any longer.. well than maybe the show will end. But i just think an eighth season wouldn't be too much.

Love ya Brenda!! <3
Fantasy
Diner Waitress

Community Points: 141

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2006, 01:00:20 pm »

it seems as if Alexis is not excited about extending her contract much after that.

Yeah. I agree with that. If Alexis decides not to continue, the show is over. Cry I wish it could go on to an eighth season, but I really don't see it happening. So far, nobody seems thrilled to continue.

Take my hand and drag me head first, fearless.
Lovefiend
Yale Alumnus

Community Points: 905

Shary's Stalkee, Lexie is my lil sis/ R.I.P BF

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2006, 03:25:55 pm »

I dont agree with all of that. I dont think that an eighth season will be too much. I think the show could go on for how ever many seasons it wanted to, and not get boring or tedious. The show has an amazing storyline, that can be carried on for a while. There are numerous things that could happen in the show,  past season seven. And maybe laurens contract is up, and maybe she doesn't want to stay any longer.. well than maybe the show will end. But i just think an eighth season wouldn't be too much.

That's cool, you can have your opinion! I maintain my stance, I think the story line is getting old and stale, and for me, it's beggining to get obvious that the actors don't want to be there anymore.
But like I said, that's just my opionion, I'mnot trying to make anyone think the same as me Cheesy

~I wish I could touch you again, I wish I could still call you friend, I'd give, anything... ~

MiniPink
roryg fan
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 78

in omnia paratus (after a coffee fix)

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 25, 2006, 03:52:59 pm »

I was so disappointed in the 6th season. I can't imagine an 8th. The show has a chance to wrap things up nicely with a 7th season. I hope they don't blow it.  I agree that 8 will be too many. I am tempted to say that 6 was too many, but, I really do like the show.,,,or at least the first 5 seasons.

Java , Chocolate , Reading & Gilmore Girl addict
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to: