Author Topic: Literati (Rory and Jess) - He looked it up  (Read 1381711 times)

Offline lessa

• Diner Chef
  • Community Points: 286
    • View Profile
Re: Literati (Rory and Jess) - He looked it up
« Reply #5385 on: February 14, 2008, 09:22:02 am »
An intellectual equal who made a life and found a dream without going to college. He's more like Lorelai than Logan is!

Offline Seni

• Town Selectman
  • Community Points: 594
  • Literati forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #5386 on: February 14, 2008, 09:59:16 am »
he is, isn't he? now that you mention it, they're quite similar. I guess that's what scared Lorelai  ;D

Grey's Anatomy - McLove
-Me and Amber never stop eating - Betty when you call me, you can call me Al-
-The Lit Who Couldn't Decide-

Offline jessrory4evr938

• Town Selectman
  • Community Points: 436
  • I feel like I was born for Devastation and Reform
    • View Profile
« Reply #5387 on: February 15, 2008, 09:45:21 am »
Lol to the "that's what scared Lorelai" thing. But it's probably true.

If home is where the heart is, then my home is where you are. <3

Offline lessa

• Diner Chef
  • Community Points: 286
    • View Profile
« Reply #5388 on: February 15, 2008, 11:08:08 am »
Heh, it puts me in mind of the debates on how restrictive the Gilmore House really was. Jess seemed completely stifled by any sort of rules or restrictions, and made out that Luke wanted him to be just like Luke whenever he was asked to show a little courtesy or a sense of self-preservation.

I loved their first meeting, when Jess tried to sneak out of Rory's window to avoid mature company (hmm, rings a bell...) "It's after six o'clock, trust me, there's nothing out there." XD

Offline Seni

• Town Selectman
  • Literati forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #5389 on: February 15, 2008, 12:18:43 pm »
"the 24 hour mini mart just closed 20 minutes ago" or something like that, was it?  ;D

Grey's Anatomy - McLove

Offline Clashingway

• Stars Hollow Tourist
  • Community Points: 8
    • View Profile
    • myspace
« Reply #5390 on: February 15, 2008, 08:34:23 pm »
'nyone still here and wants to chat a little?  ;D ... I just told a friend that if it was possible to die of boredom, I want The Distillers to be played at my funeral, no matter what. And I want to be buried with a bag of coffeebeans  :D
Anyways.
I thought about something that might sound pretty weird. Do you think Alexis and Milo had gotten into their characters too much? I mean... once Rory and Jess were together, Alexis and Milo were together. And soon after the very last Rory and Jess episodes [season 6] were filmed, and the final partings [although I think they never really had any real parting] of Rory and Jess were over with, Alexis and Milo decided it didn't work out anymore either. I know, it's a weird question, but that came to my mind, in all my boredom.

Oh, and I made a little Rory and Jess Wallpaper  :D ... already posted it in the Fan Arts Tread as well :]
http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w215/blue-eyed-coffeeholic/LOVE.jpg

Offline I LUV JESS~!!

• Inn Chef
  • Community Points: 598
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #5391 on: February 15, 2008, 10:28:36 pm »
:cd: "Stop right now! Thank you very much. I need somebody with a human tooouch. Hey you! Always on the run gotta slow it down baby gotta have some fuuuun" :cd:
(Amber, they're all Spice Girls songs. I'm trying to convert you all into devoted fans! :D)

"the 24 hour mini mart just closed 20 minutes ago"
"So we'll sit on a bench at stare at our shoes." ;D I love being able to quote Jess and you people know what I'm talking about!! :)

and the way he treated Lorelai
I don't think Jess treated Lorelai bad or anything. When he and Lorelai were on the porch in that first episode, okay, he kinda crossed the line but can you blame him? He was mad at his mom and sent away to this little town with people that were out of their minds as far as he was concerned, but besides that night, it was always Lorelai that didn't trust him. I don't remember him picking a fight with her

Hi Clashingway, I'm Brenda. No, I don't think it was because they were too into their characters. They were together for a while. I think they probably just grew apart or something like that. Nice wallpaper! [/color]
« Last Edit: February 15, 2008, 10:40:55 pm by I LUV JESS~!! »
Brenda :hearts:
xSPREE[total Literati![recenetly converted Java Junkie[M.M.M.[B Fan[Twilight :hearts: x

Laura's my boo!
LAKERS/DODGERS FAN![/b

Offline Seni

• Town Selectman
  • Literati forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #5392 on: February 17, 2008, 01:34:57 am »
He was mad at his mom and sent away to this little town with people that were out of their minds as far as he was concerned

And they say the Pledge of Allegiance in six different languages, two of which he's never heard of  ;D

Clashingway - interesting theory, but I don't think they broke up because of that. But I always thought that their relationship had something to do with the excellent chemistry they had on the show. It just made them a great on screen couple as well. Awesome wallpaper btw.

Grey's Anatomy - McLove

Offline violaplayer1234

• Town Selectman
  • Community Points: 325
  • Smile like you mean it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5393 on: February 17, 2008, 07:42:39 am »
Clashingway--I'm Grace.  I love the wallpaper!  I kinda agree with you, and maybe it was part of it, but they were together for a good bit of time after Rory/Jess were over.  So I think it was more they just moved on.

I was watching 'Let Me Hear Your Balalalalalalalakias Ringing Out' (so maybe a few more 'la's' than necessary) and I completely forgot it was the Jess episode so I saw Milo Ventigmila on the bottom of the screen and I was like, "Yes, it's Jess!"  I think I like this episode more than Paul Anka because here Jess isn't treated like a piece of doggie-waste by Rory.  He is by Logan, but that's just Logan.  And he wrote a book.  Anyway, I had a point.  Did Jess seem really short to anyone in this episode?  He walked in (:smitten:) and he just looked unreasonably short.  Maybe it's just me.  *shrugs*

Edit:  A picture to help along. 

Literati~~BalconyBuddy~~Teacher's Pet

Grace :D

"While we're on the subject could we change the subject now?"

Offline Seni

• Town Selectman
  • Literati forever
    • View Profile
« Reply #5394 on: February 17, 2008, 08:24:05 am »
LOL!  ;D He does look short. But well...Milo is short, so...maybe he like bent or something and you can't really tell so he looks shorter then he is.

Grey's Anatomy - McLove

Offline Laurao

• Gilmore Maid
  • Community Points: 88
    • View Profile
« Reply #5395 on: February 17, 2008, 12:11:07 pm »
I'm baaaaack!  ;D Oh, I missed you guys a lot! Heehee. I'm just giddy.
Oh my :o, you guys haven't talked much this week! I didn't miss much!
Anyway, I just wanted to announce my back-ness.

Fruit Lover Club!
I'm Not a 50 Year Old Man Club
Laura's the name. Don't wear it out. ;)

:BalconyBuddie:
:Literati:
:JavaJunkie:

Offline I LUV JESS~!!

• Inn Chef
  • Community Points: 598
  • Hey
    • View Profile
« Reply #5396 on: February 17, 2008, 02:22:28 pm »
Okay, I'm making a Rory/Jess video and I can't remember what that one episode was with the hockey game and all that. What's that episode called? I can't remember and I keep going up and down and down the list of season three episodes and nothing rings a bell. ::)

Edit: Nevermind. I got it! :D
« Last Edit: February 17, 2008, 03:49:45 pm by I LUV JESS~!! »
Brenda :hearts:
xSPREE[total Literati![recenetly converted Java Junkie[M.M.M.[B Fan[Twilight :hearts: x

Laura's my boo!
LAKERS/DODGERS FAN![/b

Offline Gilmore_Luver_08

• Diner Owner
  • Community Points: 158
  • Name is Emily i LOVE gg!
    • View Profile
    • Treehill.net
« Reply #5397 on: February 17, 2008, 06:04:13 pm »
Brenda!! Hey Girlie!!!! We havent talked in about... what? Two months? How are you? Im good. Me and Ali came to try to convince others of our fantastic website.. lol. Naley Lover, I am!
Brenda- "It's Not A Sundae... It's A Banana Split."
Imy- "Do You Need A Crazy Corner?"
Duz, Pri, Sharon, Spencer- "Did You Ever Know That Your My Hero....... Lol! Love Ya Guys!"

One Tree Hill is the bomb.

Offline Imy

• Pretty Town Spinster
  • Community Points: 411
  • I'm the Literati geek!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5398 on: February 18, 2008, 07:47:44 am »
Hey well I know that I've technically resigned as a posting Literati but I just read Pri's latest chapter of her fanfic 'Just A Game' and it featured Jim and reminded me of the good times here so I just thought I'd drop by and say Hi!

You guys really should all read Pri's fanfic it's amazing!

Brenda -- the hockey game episode was called Face Off.

wow Ines Grace Brenda Emily Spence - Hey to you all! And hey to all the newer Literatis who probably have no idea who I am!!

yeah Milo is quite short lol!

So anyway keep up the Literati Loving!  I hope Sicko GG is still going because I'm still a Literati Siren at heart!!

I freakin love this Thread!!

<3  Imy

Imogen~Literati~M.M.M~Java Junkie~Foodie

I'm the Old school music gal! lol Jim!
Do you have a Crazy Corner Emily?! lol

Offline bingbong

• Town Selectman
  • Community Points: 1271
    • View Profile
« Reply #5399 on: February 18, 2008, 08:01:49 am »
Hey, Imy Gal is back (for the moment)! Woo-Woo!  :D

I don't think Laura has been on the forum for a couple of weeks, so who knows when we'll get another chapter of Sicko Gilmore Girls. I'm hoping one way or another they will all live happily ever after!  8)

Not sure but i think Milo is 5' 8" or 5' 9", which is about the same height as Alexis and Lauren.

Signature courtesy of SKFTEX