GilmoreGirls.org Forum
December 03, 2021, 02:50:33 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  
Author Topic: "The Gilmore Ending You Didn't See": Ask Ausiello - 12.05.07  (Read 14892 times)
the girls4ever
Town Selectman

Community Points: 727

He's Dazzling

View Profile
« on: December 05, 2007, 08:49:35 am »

Question: What is Alexis Bledel up to these days? Maria

Ausiello: Beats me, but had Gilmore Girls been back this season, she would've been (wait for it) spending time with ex-leading man Matt Czuchry! No lie. Czuchry recently confirmed to me that despite Rory and Logan's series-ending split, he quietly inked a new deal with the show last spring that if Gilmore was renewed for an abbreviated, 13-episode eighth season would've called for Logan to return. "Contractually, there was an agreement that I would come back for a certain amount of episodes," reveals the upcoming Friday Night Lights guest star, who insists TPTB didn't clue him in on why Logan would've returned. "I don't know [what would've happened], because those episodes were never written. There were a lot of hypotheticals about what those 13 episodes would be." At the very least, the return engagement probably would've given Rory-Logan a better send-off than the forced breakup we got. Looking back, even Czuchry concedes the duo's split felt rushed. "I felt like that particular episode, where he asks her to marry him and then they break up and it's done, just felt like too much at once considering that this relationship was something that had evolved over three seasons." That said, he acknowledges that Gilmore producers were in a tough spot creatively because "when they shot the episode, it wasn't known whether it was a season finale or a series finale. I think that if everybody would've known that it was a series finale, things would have went differently."

http://www.tvguide.com/ask-ausiello

Now I really wish there was an 8th season...I can't say I'm not surprised that they would have brought him back, things ended so abruptly for them. Oh well.

-Laura-

Twilight
70% Headliner 30% Literati, Java Junkie always
Brenda is my partner in crime~Love to the Sprees & Lits
Miranda
Town Selectman

Community Points: 775

Call me Mira

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 08:52:08 am »

Thanks for posting!!!!

Thanks sis (Katinka a.k.a Snowy_Duerre)
Seni
Town Selectman

Community Points: 594

Literati forever

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007, 08:58:16 am »

oh thats nice I guess...

I like how he's interested and cares about what would have happened... Smiley compared to some other people.... Angry

prettystick for this!

Grey's Anatomy - McLove
-Me and Amber never stop eating - Betty when you call me, you can call me Al-
-The Lit Who Couldn't Decide-
Luv2CGG
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 5

I heart GG!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2007, 10:31:11 am »

I know..I just read that and was about to post it here. I want a GG special at some point. I think the way the series ended is complete BS! They should have at least done a half season like a mid-season replacement and the girls would have had a little more room to breathe, but oh well.

We tried!

JillianLovesFood
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 97

Life is funny, the thing to remember is to laugh

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2007, 10:24:24 pm »

Yeah it really makes me wish there was an 8th season too.... there were so many great opportunities for the characters and storylines to come together. However, we still have the hope of a movie and we still have our imaginations.  Kiss

7.1-Luke to Lorelai- "It's like my life isn't even real to me unless you're there, and you're in it, and I'm sharing it with you..."
Agentsam
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2007, 12:23:40 pm »

it would be interesting to see what they would do with Logan if he and Rory did not end up together.I think it would be awesome if there were to be a movie,but with a movie true fans would never want it to end.So in the end the producers have a real dilemma do a movie and have the possibility of disappointing people do an 8th season and possibly disappoint people or do nothing and leave everyone hanging and still disappoint people.Really honestly if it was me I would do the 8th season and see what I come up with.But that is just me.I guess we will have to wait and see.Lol just think all of this thought towards Rory and Logan what about Luke and Lorelai?
wazup
Chilton Graduate

Community Points: 6

i am a die hard gilmore/rock fan

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2007, 02:25:51 pm »

I was so sad i did not get to see the ending

^ sig by: Zija
the * means that I did not know how to spell it
Me and Grace love pink lemonade!!
*Lexi*
Seni
Town Selectman

Community Points: 594

Literati forever

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2007, 01:49:12 am »

I think it would be awesome if there were to be a movie,but with a movie true fans would never want it to end.So in the end the producers have a real dilemma do a movie and have the possibility of disappointing people do an 8th season and possibly disappoint people or do nothing and leave everyone hanging and still disappoint people.Really honestly if it was me I would do the 8th season and see what I come up with.But that is just me.I guess we will have to wait and see.

Grin then the best would be to make a season 8, and if it's lousy, just keep making new seasons till they do it right  Grin Grin

Grey's Anatomy - McLove
-Me and Amber never stop eating - Betty when you call me, you can call me Al-
-The Lit Who Couldn't Decide-
steph_
Inn Owner

Community Points: 212

summertime!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2007, 06:58:24 pm »

aweee i must agree!
i really wish there was an 8th!

ily nega, myra, narium and angela (L)
call me dybbi lmao nega and myra and narium Wink
my name is stephanie !

you know you love me.
*Java Junkie*
Town Resident

Community Points: 29

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2007, 01:48:55 am »

I really hope they bring Gilmore girls back, a season 8 or a movie doesn't matters(although I'd rather have a season 8...its longer) but they have to make a better ending.

Augustus
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 4

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 20, 2007, 12:16:51 pm »

Thanks for posting.  I'm really hoping for that Gilmore Girls Movie....that would be totally awesome, and having a proper send off would make me, and probably every other Gilmore fan, happy.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2007, 12:18:39 pm by Augustus » Logged
realgilmoregirl889
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 1

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 23, 2008, 07:57:21 am »

If there is a  movie, I'm hoping it is going to be written by Amy-Sherman Paladino, but I'm guessing it won't be considering the seventh season.

[/url]
Nuttmegg015
Town Troubadour

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2008, 07:18:21 pm »

Omg I wanted an 8th season sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo bad but you never know what will happen
gg crazy
Diner Chef

:)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: June 11, 2008, 05:31:00 pm »

That's cool!! Smiley

katie_lou
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 34

In Omnia Paratus

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2008, 09:09:51 pm »

My mind is trying to figure out in what capacity Logan would have returned in....
Maybe they would have gotten back together but I think he's had way too many grand gestures that this would have had to be Rory's doing.
ASP loved Logan's character so if there is a telemovie (and due to Alexis's current desire to move on - which I can respect - I won't hold my breath) it's likely that she would bring him back in, though 2 hours isn't really long enough to fix their relationship and start it again.
Pages: [1] 2
  Print  

Jump to: