GilmoreGirls.org Forum
July 01, 2022, 11:01:47 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: TV  Remember that feeling you got when watching Gilmore episodes for the first time?  Relive it!  With us!  Join the viewing party, A Gilmore RevisitingTV

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 23
  Print  
Author Topic: 2nd Annual Secret Santa: Because we're just that festive!  (Read 153084 times)
kamibeaR
Diner Chef

Community Points: 452

Elphaba, Elphie, Fabala, Fae

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: December 17, 2007, 03:11:42 pm »

Celebrate Celebrate

I've gotten my present! I've gotten my present! Just now! I'm so very excited and of course its already been opened. I love it so much because the gifts are so meaningful especially because who they were from.

I have two little adorable stuffed animals and an ornament, some snacks (one of which I'm unsure about, LOL), a super sweet coffee mug with coffee mix (which should symbolize Gilmore Girls? I think, hehe) and a card with a very sweet note that made me smile.

Eeee, thank you so much Santa! Kiss I'll be talking to you shortly when I catch you online.

*Kami*

"You know black, is this years pink!"

Sig by Laura.

Hearts Wicked and Twilight
Honourary Aussie
SPREE
Java Junkie
Narco/Headliner
GGfanemma
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 80

Literati~Java Junkie forever!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #181 on: December 17, 2007, 04:26:39 pm »

Jesus fuck
:Smiley

You're lucky! I have another full week. And a bunch of homework!
How long do you get for break, though? We'll probably go in a week before you guys since we got off earlier.

We get two weeks I think. I know we go back on a monday, but other than that I'm not sure.

Member of the Planless People Club!
Member of the I'm Not a 50 Year Old Man Club!
Member of The People Who Get Hurt A Lot Club!
Member of the Easily Addicted To TV Shows Club!
Loridhhp
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 125

Love heals all wounds

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: December 17, 2007, 07:21:38 pm »

I got my present! I got my present! *does a happy dance around the room* Dance Gift It's so cool! I received some really cute snowmen ornaments that are ceramic I think. They have special meaning to the giver so I'm going to PM them and find out what it is.

Thank you Secret Santa!  Santa You rock!    Grin  Lori

Lori: "Friends come and go but I'm your mother. I'll always be here for you."
Ariel: "What if I'm an Archeologist in Eygpt and I'm having hallucinations and manic?"
Lori: "Then I'll be on the next plane. I won't give up ever"
Heidi
Administrator
Diner Chef

Community Points: 648

View Profile WWW
« Reply #183 on: December 17, 2007, 10:48:12 pm »

Dearest Secret Santa,  Santa

Thank you, thank you, thank you!  You were far too kind with all your gifts and very thoughtful in choosing everything.  I couldn't have asked for anything more.  I'm going to wait in describing my presents until we all share in our big reveals (that way I can take a photo or two), but again, participating in this Secret Santa far exceeded my expectations and I only wish Christmas came around more than once a year.

~Heidi

P.S. - I loved the wrapping paper and you've ruined my [fake] liquid diet.  Wink 

Flame    Flame
homegrown_bliss

Community Points: 56

do they make flasks for hot beverages?

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: December 18, 2007, 07:54:34 am »

i hope my gift gets to my "secret recipient" saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaffffffffeeee.

*-_anne_-*
mela489
Town Elder

Community Points: 310

<3 Tuesday nights are my day of the week <3

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: December 18, 2007, 10:16:04 am »

i hope my gift gets to my "secret recipient" saaaaaaaaaaaaaaaffffffffeeee.
yes yes! I am so excited for my secret santa to receive his/her gift!!! I really hope he/she likes it!

Melanie ~JavaJunkie~ *Noodie* ~Dodger~ *Headliner* Angela! Hearts Always PTS's at heart Hearts Just say,"Yes M.A.M.M"
trickyiu
Gilmore Maid

Community Points: 337

View Profile WWW
« Reply #186 on: December 18, 2007, 12:33:17 pm »

I got my Gift yesterday and was jumping for joy when I saw the little brown package Grin Grin I finally had the chance today to come on and tell you all about the coolest, thoughtful and most unique gift I received. It truly brightened my day and got me in the holiday spirit.  My secret Santa sent me a beautiful necklace that is a famous accessory where she is from (I will not say b/c it might give it away  Wink)  The necklace is rice artwork.   It has my name written on a piece of rice in a blue glass bulb that hang on a leather cord that can be shortened or lengthened as needed. The necklace represents good luck.  I hope I explained it right Secret Santa  Wink  My Santa also wrote me an amazing letter where I learned a little bit about where she is from and a beautiful poem.  Thank you so much again, I love it  Smiley

Cheers, Amy

Java Junkie always!  SSS, love to the sisters  Cool
Kaish15
Town Resident

Community Points: 21

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: December 18, 2007, 02:23:07 pm »

I got my package today!!!!! and don't I feel spoiled

I absolutely love my gift!!!!! I got it and thought "This couldn't possible be from my Secret Santa. It's too big of a package." My Secret Santa sent me treats from her hometown - two boxes of 12 individual little pies with a marshmallow filling and six individual cookies. I'll defiantly enjoy them while I watch Gilmore Girls. In fact, since I received them for a Gilmore event I think I will only eat them while watching Gilmore Girls. Hopefully I can stick to that, it may be real hard. Can't wait for 8pm (viewing party) then I can watch Gilmore Girls and enjoy my treats. Thank You Secret Santa!!!!

Lovefiend
Yale Alumnus

Community Points: 905

Shary's Stalkee, Lexie is my lil sis/ R.I.P BF

View Profile WWW
« Reply #188 on: December 18, 2007, 05:06:43 pm »

I want my person to get their gifts!! Im getting worred!!

~I wish I could touch you again, I wish I could still call you friend, I'd give, anything... ~

MiniPink
kamibeaR
Diner Chef

Community Points: 452

Elphaba, Elphie, Fabala, Fae

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: December 18, 2007, 09:45:54 pm »

Yeah, I second that. I sent my present on the 7th.. it'll be 2 weeks come Friday. Undecided I'm so worried about it. I'm excited everyone is getting their gifts but I really, really need my gift to get there ASAP. Then I can sleep again!

*Kami*

"You know black, is this years pink!"

Sig by Laura.

Hearts Wicked and Twilight
Honourary Aussie
SPREE
Java Junkie
Narco/Headliner
Lovefiend
Yale Alumnus

Community Points: 905

Shary's Stalkee, Lexie is my lil sis/ R.I.P BF

View Profile WWW
« Reply #190 on: December 18, 2007, 09:52:29 pm »

I'm so impatient and paranoid somethig's gone wrong!! Mine was also sent in 2 parts, and I;  afriad they'll arrive out of order, or one won't come!! AAAAAAAHHHH

~I wish I could touch you again, I wish I could still call you friend, I'd give, anything... ~

MiniPink
the_real_paul_anka
« Reply #191 on: December 19, 2007, 01:56:18 pm »

I GOT MY GIFT.

It's amazing and so cute. I'm not going to tell you exactly what I got because that might give it away, but i got a stuffed animal and a toy...I named the animal, but again I can't tell you all yet because it would give it away. I will post more info and such later.

And to my person- your gift is coming! no worries. sorry about the delay!
GGfanemma

Community Points: 80

Literati~Java Junkie forever!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #192 on: December 19, 2007, 04:07:55 pm »

I'm still waiting for mine Sad But It would be nice if it arrived close to christmas. Maybe I'll open on Xmas Morning!

Member of the Planless People Club!
Member of the I'm Not a 50 Year Old Man Club!
Member of The People Who Get Hurt A Lot Club!
Member of the Easily Addicted To TV Shows Club!
Kaish15
Town Resident

Community Points: 21

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: December 20, 2007, 02:01:39 pm »

Yeah, I second that. I sent my present on the 7th.. it'll be 2 weeks come Friday. Undecided I'm so worried about it. I'm excited everyone is getting their gifts but I really, really need my gift to get there ASAP. Then I can sleep again!

Oh I know that feeling. I ordered Christmas presents on Amazon a couple days ago and got notice of a delay in shipment. That made me completely freaked out about getting them in time for Christmas. Thankfully around 8pm yesterday they were shipped. They have not come today, but seeing as their headquarters is about 45 minutes away from where I live they should be here tomorrow. It is weird that it is taking two days when Netflix takes one. Oh well, note to self, do Christmas shopping earlier. My family needs that note too. They told me I may not be getting Gilmore Girls season 7 because they cannot find it anywhere.

Though long story short (even though I already told the story lol) I know the stress of hoping a package arrives on time.

honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1944

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: December 20, 2007, 02:22:52 pm »

*SPREADING CHRISTMAS CHEER*

Just remember to keep positive guys.  Positive vibes and cheery dispositions will see this project successful in the end.  There is no rhyme or reason to 'holiday season' postage, especially when you factor in the international thing.  So instead maybe give us updates on how excited you are for your recipient to receive their gift, or how excited you are to be taking part.  And remember even if it arrives a few days late, the intention was always for it to bring you joy and happiness, and a little closer to another Org member.  What more could we ask for....right?

And just to hone in on my point of the unpredictable postage thing...... I sent five packages overseas this year and 3 have arrived and two haven't.  They were all sent at the same time and two that have arrived are the same destination as the two that are yet to arrive. :Smiley  Like I said no rhyme or reason.... just lots of anticipation Kiss

Please read Forum Rules
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 23
  Print  

Jump to: