GilmoreGirls.org Forum
December 08, 2021, 07:05:37 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Snap  Heidi's Soapbox, now with a new poll! Vote, vote, vote!  Good times.  Best times!  Chomp

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: [1]
  Print  
Author Topic: Writers Strike and ASP pickets NYC  (Read 3742 times)
JillianLovesFood
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 97

Life is funny, the thing to remember is to laugh

View Profile
« on: November 05, 2007, 07:50:35 pm »

This is from Auisello's Blog on VM today.....
Speaking of the S-word, I just returned from Strike Central at New York's Rockefeller Central and you're never going to believe who I spotted on the picket line: Team frakkin' Palladino! Good thing I had the foresight to bring a TVGuide.com video crew with me. To see highlights from my interview with AS-P as well as fellow picketers Tina Fey and Seth Meyers check back here in a few hours.
and here's the link to the video...
http://www.tvguide.com/Home.aspx

I
l'll agree that writers deserves way more credit and profit then what they earn however some of the demands are very unlikely to be fully met by tight-run production companies. I hope there's a middle where both sides will have to meet and soon.

7.1-Luke to Lorelai- "It's like my life isn't even real to me unless you're there, and you're in it, and I'm sharing it with you..."
Lauren is my idol
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 277

.:.Lauren is such an inspiration to me!.:.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2007, 08:29:50 pm »

I agree, I mean they write the shows damnit! They deserve way better pay and credit then what they are getting.... I mean the shows don't get successful on their own, it's the writers mostly that makes them successful

Java Junkie Pleased
"I just like to see you happy"
My names Gena. Like Jenna =]
ILY mel, olivia, amber, dybbi, maggie, myra, britney, grace, rory, spence
JillianLovesFood

Community Points: 97

Life is funny, the thing to remember is to laugh

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2007, 07:19:59 pm »

If you would like to help support the Writer's Strike Krisitin at E! suggests writting a letter stating how you feel to... "Alliance of Motion Picture and Television Producers (AMPTP) at 15503 Ventura Boulevard, Encino, CA 91436"

The more letters the better. We should do our part to support ASP and other incredibly talented writers so there can be more amazing scripted shows rather than crappy ones or more Reality Shows. She also suggested boycotting Reality Shows since no actors or writers get paid but that's not a problem for me since I don't watch ANY reality shows... I don't even watch Dancing with the Stars or American Idol but there are many people out there that do so I don't see that working out.

7.1-Luke to Lorelai- "It's like my life isn't even real to me unless you're there, and you're in it, and I'm sharing it with you..."
laurenfan

Community Points: 26

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2007, 03:35:09 pm »

I agree the writers do deserve more royalties from there work,those writers are how shows are created.

Obviously if you don't have writers you don't have Tv shows or movies.

So as much as it sucks that shows are reruns like Leno we have to stick with the writers.

Pages: [1]
  Print  

Jump to: