GilmoreGirls.org Forum
June 29, 2022, 03:40:44 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  Are you new to the ORG Forum?  Perhaps you're a longtime member.  Either way, read the Forum rules to stay informed on proper etiquette.  Cheerio!  Star

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  
Author Topic: ABC's Samantha Who: Meet the Cast (Melissa McCarthy)  (Read 17489 times)
MissV327
Inn Owner

Community Points: 147

~*~ Katy ~*~ aka Peachy Keen

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2007, 09:00:38 am »

Thank you for posting the clip, but I actually saw a preview for it when I was watching Pushing Daisies last night. It looks really good. I'll be sure to mark my calendar so I don't forget to watch!  Smiley

"You silly little pickle! You silly little peas!" - Veggie Tales (Those sweet geniuses!)

"Let your heart guide you. It whispers...so listen carefully."
The Land Before Time

W.W.P.O.D. ?
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

Community Points: 1944

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2007, 08:44:43 pm »

I think this has aired on the East Coast already.  Anybody watch it?  Verdict?

Please read Forum Rules
pebbles
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2007, 11:04:10 pm »

Hi,
I would like to know what people thought of 'Samatha Who'?
It was fun to see Sookie again!  It has been difficult to find
anything that is really worthwhile to watch!
Are there are many  who feel the same?

Pebbles
ilovegilmore101
Town Resident

Community Points: 35

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2007, 12:22:44 pm »

I feel the same way pebbles about not finding anything worth while to watch (except Heros)

I found Samantha Who to be good. The show was actually quite funny! On the Downside, I found my self not being able to get past the point that Melissa wasn't Sookie.

Will you be my Edward Cullen??

^ made by mel. Pleased]

Dream Team For President!!

~October 5, 2000-May 15, 2007~
~March 10, 1997- May 19, 2003~
RKIrvine
Stars Hollow Tourist

Community Points: 0

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2007, 05:10:46 pm »

I watched this show last night and thought it was okay--not on par with GG, but humorous and full of potential.  I was sad Melissa McCarthy's part was not larger  Angry, but she did a great job.  I will watch again just to see if they give her more screen time.  RI
Gilmoregirl1515
Inn Manager

Community Points: 1183

Even heroes know when to be scared

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2007, 07:33:02 pm »

(Where I am) Samantha Who premiered last night, did anyone else see it? I like the character Melissa was playing, because she seemed like a happy character- sortof similar to Sookie. I wasn't very impressed with the show overall though. I mean, of course it came NO WHERE close to Gilmore Girls! And, I agree that Melissa had a very small role..
« Last Edit: October 16, 2007, 07:34:08 pm by Gilmoregirl1515 » Logged

Graphic Love <3
Smile. I'm Maggie. I'll make your day. x]
MissV327
Inn Owner

Community Points: 147

~*~ Katy ~*~ aka Peachy Keen

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2007, 08:42:42 am »

I watched part of it. Unfortunately, I fell asleep halfway through. So I guess I won't be watching it again..... Oh well. My fiance stayed awake and watched the whole thing and he said he hated it. I'll miss Melissa McCarthy though!

"You silly little pickle! You silly little peas!" - Veggie Tales (Those sweet geniuses!)

"Let your heart guide you. It whispers...so listen carefully."
The Land Before Time

W.W.P.O.D. ?
Devilina07
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 34

Cause They Are

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2007, 12:36:01 pm »

(Where I am) Samantha Who premiered last night, did anyone else see it? I like the character Melissa was playing, because she seemed like a happy character- sortof similar to Sookie. I wasn't very impressed with the show overall though. I mean, of course it came NO WHERE close to Gilmore Girls! And, I agree that Melissa had a very small role..
I think since we're barely being introduced to the characters you have to give her character some time to develop.  Apparently she hasn't been in Samantha's life for quite some time (5th grade I think she said was the last time they talked at any length).  Seems like the show is setting her up as the reliable, always loyal friend that Samantha will be turning to instead of her vulture friends.

honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2007, 02:26:59 pm »

Seems like the show is setting her up as the reliable, always loyal friend that Samantha will be turning to instead of her vulture friends.

Nod I agree with this comment.  She's definately going to be Sam's good conscience, whilst Andrea (J Esposito) will be the little devil sitting on her other shoulder.

Wow, so there are some mixed reviews on the show in this thread.  I personally loved it.  I think it's got a great premise and I'm loving the inner battle that Sam has to go through choosing between Good and Bad Sam.  And with such a strong supporting cast, it's got even more of a chance to be a successful sitcom.  I personally had a couple of laugh out loud moments.

Also I think it's way too different in it's make up to be compared to Gilmore Girls.  You are talking apples and oranges.  And Gilmore Girls still is, and will remain my fave show ever.  It would take something pretty extraodinary to change that, I think. Smiley

For anybody that is interested and hasn't already seen Heidi's Soapbox announcement, you might want to click on this link to the new sister site of GilmoreGirls.org  SamanthaWho.org .  I have the pleasure of helping Heidi out on this project by being a mod.  So feel free to pop on over and have a play.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2007, 02:34:42 pm by honkifuluvGG » Logged

Please read Forum Rules
Sooks
Inn Bellhop

Community Points: 1464

Life is Beautiful ~N. Sixx

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 21, 2007, 01:30:53 am »

It's a lovely site and a great forum!

Seems like the show is setting her up as the reliable, always loyal friend that Samantha will be turning to instead of her vulture friends.

Nod I agree with this comment.  She's definately going to be Sam's good conscience, whilst Andrea (J Esposito) will be the little devil sitting on her other shoulder.

I agree, and I think this will be the reason that I watch. To find out what happens between the three of them and who Sam deals with both the 'angel' and the 'devil' sitting upon her shoulders. It's a different type of show, I didn't get instantly hooked like I did with Gilmore Girls...but I'm open to something new. I'm holding on for Monday's episode. Smiley We'll see...

If nothing else, I'm all for Melissa McCarthy so I'll keep viewing! It definitely is hard to get someone who's played a role for seven years, out of that role! Wink

Please read the Forum Rules and enjoy~
~NO DAY BUT TODAY~
*Java Junkie*
Town Resident

Community Points: 29

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: October 22, 2007, 12:52:02 pm »

I'm so happy for Melissa she's such a good actress.

Seni
Town Selectman

Community Points: 594

Literati forever

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2007, 06:11:48 am »

I think the character Dena is very Sookie-like, except with much less self-esteem, maybe like Sookie in the beginning.

But I like her, and I'm happy for Mellisa McCarthy, and for her sake, I hope the show has great success.

Grey's Anatomy - McLove
-Me and Amber never stop eating - Betty when you call me, you can call me Al-
-The Lit Who Couldn't Decide-
honkifuluvGG
Pretty Town Spinster

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2007, 07:24:21 pm »

This is great news for anybody enjoying Melissa's new show.

Source: Ausiello Report

Breaking: ABC Goes All the Way with Samantha Who?

Christina Applegate in Samantha Who? by Bob D'Amico/ABC

In a move that should surprise absolutely no one, sources confirm that ABC has picked up Samantha Who? for a full season. In its first three airings, the Christina Applegate-fronted memory-loss satire has retained a good chunk of its Dancing with the Stars lead-in, easily ranking as the most-watched new comedy of the fall. What's more, it's actually good!

http://samanthawho.org/

Please read Forum Rules
willowsprite
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 10

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 31, 2007, 02:59:35 pm »

Have caught parts of two epis of Samantha Who-- not sure yet whether I like it.  Like the actors, especially Jean Smart, and of course Melissa M.  I hope they let her character become well-rounded like Sookie, would hate for her to simply be the 'nice girl' for Samantha to bounce off of. 
cherrypie
Town Troubadour

Community Points: 8

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: November 01, 2007, 08:55:05 am »

this show is fantastic i'm loving it so far!!

Pages: 1 [2]
  Print  

Jump to: