GilmoreGirls.org Forum
June 30, 2022, 12:09:58 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Star  We can rebuild it. We have the technology. We have the capability to build the world's best Gilmore Girls forum. The ORG Forum will be just that. Better than it was before. Better, stronger, faster.  Star 

Home   Help Search Calendar Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  
Author Topic: NBC Gives Lauren Graham Her Due - 09.18.07  (Read 31839 times)
bingbong
Town Selectman

Community Points: 1271

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2007, 07:58:14 pm »

Throwing in my two cents about Ausiello, i have been annoyed about all the buzz he created over a possible GG movie. I would love to know when that would happen? Chances are a show will come out of this NBC deal for Lauren, which even if the show lasted one season would occupy her until roughly 2009. By then, who knows what else she would have lined up, not to mention all the other actors. So yeah, there might be a GG movie in when, five years, one of those "reunion" type things? When Ausiello first reported the possibility after an interview with ASP, he gave way too much of an impression that it might be imminent. Not that ASP is to be excused because she gave him the bait, but the way he ran with it was over-done.

Also my two cents about Evan Almighty, between this and the current Greg Kinnear movie she is filming, i am hardly surprised she would take a big dollar tv deal, rather than play the perennial supporting roles she has been playing in movies.  I thought Evan Almighty was a decent family movie but bland and lacking in expected laughs. Lauen's role had almost no substance to it, beyond one good scene with Morgan Freeman.

Signature courtesy of SKFTEX
conradv
Diner Owner

Community Points: 318

"I'll do the Chicken Dance on my Lunch Break."

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2007, 08:00:14 pm »

Throwing in my two cents about Ausiello, i have been annoyed about all the buzz he created over a possible GG movie. I would love to know when that would happen? Chances are a show will come out of this NBC deal for Lauren, which even if the show lasted one season would occupy her until roughly 2009. By then, who knows what else she would have lined up, not to mention all the other actors. So yeah, there might be a GG movie in when, five years, one of those "reunion" type things? When Ausiello first reported the possibility after an interview with ASP, he gave way too much of an impression that it might be imminent. Not that ASP is to be excused because she gave him the bait, but the way he ran with it was over-done.

Also my two cents about Evan Almighty, between this and the current Greg Kinnear movie she is filming, i am hardly surprised she would take a big dollar tv deal, rather than play the perennial supporting roles she has been playing in movies.  I thought Evan Almighty was a decent family movie but bland and lacking in expected laughs. Lauen's role had almost no substance to it, beyond one good scene with Morgan Freeman.

Regarding Ausiello:  Exactly.

That pencil-neck burned a lot of bridges, I think.

Regarding Evan Almighty: Exactly.

The best part of the movie was "SHEEP!" and that was in the trailer.

(Thanks Melissa for the sig)
bingbong
Town Selectman

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2007, 08:11:35 pm »

lol - I have not heard anyone called a "pencil-neck" in a while!  Cheesy

I will add about Evan Almighty, i thought it had waaaay too many bird poop jokes. That's a sure sign that a movie is struggling, when the gags rely on bird poop.

conradv
Diner Owner

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2007, 08:17:02 pm »

I will add about Evan Almighty, i thought it had waaaay too many bird poop jokes. That's a sure sign that a movie is struggling, when the gags rely on bird poop.

Yeah, I thought they could have done a little more with the family.  I did think that John Goodman played a great crooked Congressman.

bingbong
Town Selectman

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2007, 08:51:28 pm »

Yeah, I thought they could have done a little more with the family.  I did think that John Goodman played a great crooked Congressman.

Yeah, and if anyone deserved a grand bird poop finale, it was his character. Unfortunately, all LG did was stand on the side and smile. Ok, she has an incredible smile, especially on a big screen...

conradv
Diner Owner

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2007, 08:57:39 pm »

Yeah, I thought they could have done a little more with the family. I did think that John Goodman played a great crooked Congressman.

Yeah, and if anyone deserved a grand bird poop finale, it was his character. Unfortunately, all LG did was stand on the side and smile. Ok, she has an incredible smile, especially on a big screen...

The closeup when they were in bed right off the bat was ... um .... nice.

But it seemed the only thing she did was drag the kids off away from the crazy husband.

bingbong
Town Selectman

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2007, 09:02:19 pm »

But it seemed the only thing she did was drag the kids off away from the crazy husband.

That was one of the better close-ups, but only if you ignore her being in bed with Steve Carell, who reminded me of Kirk's long lost brother.

Dragging her kids away from the crazy husband was about the only thing she did. But when Morgan spoke to her and she had her epiphany or whatever, i thought that was well done.

conradv
Diner Owner

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 26, 2007, 09:06:40 pm »

That was one of the better close-ups, but only if you ignore her being in bed with Steve Carell, who reminded me of Kirk's long lost brother.

Dragging her kids away from the crazy husband was about the only thing she did. But when Morgan spoke to her and she had her epiphany or whatever, i thought that was well done.

Yes it was.

Here's the clip: Be Careful What you Pray For

I don't think I've ever seen a bad pic of her....

« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 09:09:47 pm by conradv » Logged

Kaish15
Town Resident

Community Points: 21

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 26, 2007, 11:51:13 pm »

I wonder what my family will think of the movie. It is so rare for us to find a movie that everyone will watch. With this movie I'm re watching it for Lauren. My brother is watching it for Steve and my mom is watching it because she will watch anything. I have to agree though, all Lauren's character did was take the kids. Wasn't a great movie, in my opinion, but not a waste of time to watch.

Lauren moving to NBC - I just found out yesterday. I was sitting in my business math class and during a break I decided to Google Lauren in hopes of finding an old news article about her that I never finished reading. Boy, was I surprised when I saw the NBC articles. Can't wait to see her show. Hope it is something that I like.

Devilina07
Stars Hollow High Student

Community Points: 34

Cause They Are

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2007, 07:18:52 am »

If ya go Here there's discussion of her show, and you can submit ideas. It's an Entertainment Weekly site, so I'm not sure that these ideas will ever actually get to NBC, but still, might be fun.
Popwatch stuff never gets to the companies or actors.  It's just a blog where people can discuss what has been posted.  Be nice if it would though.

Lovefiend
Yale Alumnus

Community Points: 905

Shary's Stalkee, Lexie is my lil sis/ R.I.P BF

View Profile WWW
« Reply #40 on: September 29, 2007, 01:19:15 pm »

As much as I agree that Lauren is underused in most everything she's ever done, you have to think abou t t he target audience. Evan Almighty wasn't made to amuse Gilmore Girls fans. It was made to amuse people who would laugh the hardest at bird poop gags. And those people are the same ones who either don't know who Lauren is, or don't give a crap.

~I wish I could touch you again, I wish I could still call you friend, I'd give, anything... ~

MiniPink
bingbong
Town Selectman

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 29, 2007, 04:00:19 pm »

As much as I agree that Lauren is underused in most everything she's ever done, you have to think abou t t he target audience. Evan Almighty wasn't made to amuse Gilmore Girls fans. It was made to amuse people who would laugh the hardest at bird poop gags. And those people are the same ones who either don't know who Lauren is, or don't give a crap.

I agree and that is precisely why i am excited by her deal with NBC, because i expect her to be the focus of the new show, whatever it turns out to be, and not playing in some generic supporting role. The problem with her role in Evan Almighty was not so much that it wasn't the starring role or designed to appeal to GG fans. It's the fact that it was such a boring role, no meat on it, nothing for her to show off her talents.

Lovefiend
Yale Alumnus

Community Points: 905

Shary's Stalkee, Lexie is my lil sis/ R.I.P BF

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: September 29, 2007, 04:31:15 pm »

Yeah, that's definatly true. She needs to be the focus Cheesy

~I wish I could touch you again, I wish I could still call you friend, I'd give, anything... ~

MiniPink
Lauren is my idol
Inn Concierge

Community Points: 277

.:.Lauren is such an inspiration to me!.:.

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 27, 2007, 07:35:32 pm »

that's so exciting! I cant wait to see her on a new series, that would be awesome.

Java Junkie Pleased
"I just like to see you happy"
My names Gena. Like Jenna =]
ILY mel, olivia, amber, dybbi, maggie, myra, britney, grace, rory, spence
mela489
Town Elder

Community Points: 310

<3 Tuesday nights are my day of the week <3

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 14, 2007, 01:43:10 pm »

oh I really, really, really hope that the show actually happens.  I am curious to know what its about.  But that would be awesome to watch her on TV again.  I miss my Lauren!
sorry so short and sweet Smiley  I'm excited and hopeful, but don't want to get my hopes to too much, especially with the writers strike.

Melanie ~JavaJunkie~ *Noodie* ~Dodger~ *Headliner* Angela! Hearts Always PTS's at heart Hearts Just say,"Yes M.A.M.M"
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4
  Print  

Jump to: